The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

Why aren't we lynching Kanye?

The speed with which a wagon on Peregrine formed and Kanye's dissolved makes me think a couple of possibilities. I haven't really been able to discuss with my partner as she has been MIA with schoolwork (come back Mist :(), but I am not liking this Peregrine wagon at all.

1) Scum are white knighting Kanye and thus want to lynch a for a flip with less information acquisition
2) Scum are looking for a place to park their votes so that they do not appear scummy voting for Kanye or Feysal at the moment and thus Peregrine is a better option
3) Scum are pushing a lynch on Peregrine because Kanye is a potentially powerful scum role

- Oversoul
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Empking »

Bah, Kanye's was hardly touched.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Dekes »

What do you think of Pere, WoW?

So far, you've only attacked his random vote and that's it.

Why would speed wagoning Pere being considered a safe vote and appear less scummy than voting Feysal or Kanye at this point?

So yeah, I really don't wanna replace out of this game. But I'm still busy as hell with looking for an apartment. So instead I'm gonna take a

V/LA through Monday

I'll try to get a couple of posts in until then, but no promises.

But this Pere wagon makes me feel good inside. Need to take a look at the voters, but for now I'll join anyway.

Unvote; Vote: PeregrineV
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 777, Dekes wrote:What do you think of Pere, WoW?

So far, you've only attacked his random vote and that's it.

Why would speed wagoning Pere being considered a safe vote and appear less scummy than voting Feysal or Kanye at this point?

Unvote; Vote: PeregrineV

I don't really find Pere to be that scummy.

His random vote was not random, which I take issue with as scum could likely use that to retract a vote from a scumbuddy or a townie they want to white knight by saying it was mostly a joke vote or some other excuse.

Pere's play hasn't been bad, but it definitely has not been good. I know I am going to be called a hypocrite, but Pere seems to be playing the same way he played in Lemming Mafia and [redacted] (can I link this one since I am dead and he is dead even though it is on going?).

The most scummy thing he did is lackadasically join the Kanye wagon. Then again, so did a bunch of other people. I find Kanye legitimately scummy because he doesn't seem like the active townie he was in Semi-Open Sexy Sedilla and his whole I want Gandalf lynched thing (he could be a lyncher, but role guessing lol).

Speed wagoning Pere would seem less scummy because a lot of people are already doing it, so choosing which person who speed wagoned looks most scummy based on the fact of the speed wagon would be a hard feat to accomplish. It would be a safe vote because he is inactive and it seems to be the "viable alternative" to the other two wagons.

I am curious to see what will happen when someone is on one of the 3 major wagons and how that will play out as the wagons are already polarizing the town. :|
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

ebwop:

- Oversoul
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

unvote
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Vote: Peregrine5

Can someone decipher what Will is saying for me?
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 781, Magister Ludi wrote:
Vote: Peregrine5

Can someone decipher what Will is saying for me?

:cry:

- Oversoul
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

"You were the greatest of them all.... you were supposed to save the game, not destroy it!"
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 753, kanyeknowsbest wrote:hey mos did you know that dgb and katsuki are, in fact, two different people?

ludi, im definitely opposed to my lynch, sorry if that wasnt clear!

hey kkb did you know that the first and second quotes of that post were, in fact, about two different people?
Permanent V/LA.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

I love Tron. <3

Allow Mist and I access to town voting bloc and vote Kanye, please? More <3?

- Oversoul
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Mastermind, Furc comes across town. Do you think he is scum?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:10 pm

dunno. Still waiting on someone to answer my meta question about Furc.
Permanent V/LA.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Thats what I was responding to. Never seen him play before. Is he usually different?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm

In the games I've seen, yes. But I've only seen him in like two other games, both as town I believe.
Permanent V/LA.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Gut »

In post 785, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 753, kanyeknowsbest wrote:hey mos did you know that dgb and katsuki are, in fact, two different people?

ludi, im definitely opposed to my lynch, sorry if that wasn't clear!

hey kkb did you know that the first and second quotes of that post were, in fact, about two different people?

The first one is about katsuki but it doesn't establish any meta. MoI falsely claimed that kats is on a losing streak as scum (I've played with him where he won rather recently), and even if it were true, the rest is just his conjecture. Frankly MoI is so annoying that I wouldn't blame anyone that replaced out for having to continuously deal with him.

In post 788, Mastermind of Sin wrote:dunno. Still waiting on someone to answer my meta question about Furc.

Its been a week since you asked that question, deadline is fast approaching, do the research yourself if it bothers you. Sitting on your ass watching the town do nothing isn't acceptable just because you asked 1 unanswered question that quite possibly no one has an answer to.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I think he forgot he even asked it.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:55 pm

That and in the last week since I asked that question, I've spent 3 days on V/LA followed by my first 3 days in a new job, during which I came down with something and spent 14 hours sleeping yesterday, from the time I came home from work until the time I had to get up and leave again. So yea...haven't really had much time to do a lot of research. Just sayin'.
Permanent V/LA.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

HEY GUYS THE PEREGRINE WAGON IS BULLSHIT

WE HAVE WAY BETTER LYNCHES THAN A FUCKING LURKERLYNCH
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Like Feysal.
Permanent V/LA.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 761, PeregrineV wrote:Just so I fully understand, not only do I go from the 2nd strongest town read, but now I'm scum, and you are asking your 3-4 scum reads to vote for me?

Pretty much yes.

In post 761, PeregrineV wrote:So, if you can, walk me through those pulse-pounding five days from Post 601 to Post 757. Include not only my scummy activity, but the town activity that your 4 scumreads provided.

Your activity over those five days can be summarized with one word. None. This despite the fact that you have been around and posting in other games. That is the exact same reason I read you as scum in Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den, and tried to kill you twice, succeeding the second time. You were scum of course, and I was a serial killer, going for a joint win with town.

The reason I initially read you as town was because I liked your early posts, #284 and #295 in particular. I have played with you before with you as town and as scum, and the research I did on your play during last game indicated you typically lurk as scum. This belief of mine was only reinforced when I made the correct call based on it. Therefore I read you as town while you were active and seemed to be scumhunting, and the read was made stronger since I agreed with the focus on your random vote being strange. But the way you vanished off the face of the Earth changed all that.

As for what my suspects have done to appear more town, the answer is nothing much. The reasons I considered them suspicious are still there. I believe that kanye has been supremely unhelpful and apathetic, even to his own lynch, and the same applies to Empking. But, that does not mean I would be right about them, I could be wrong about one, or both. In fact, the way they both voted you without so much as blinking makes me think I was probably wrong, provided I'm right about you being scum. It had occurred to me that Empking could be scum with you, and the way he linked me to you could be distancing with the built in security that once I flip, he would not have reason to push you further. That was a theory mind you, the way he voted you makes me think it unlikely.

In post 772, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 765, Furcolow wrote:
vote: peregrinev

feysal, i haven't ever really thought you were scum, i was voting you and calling you scum because you are an asshole to me

I would like you to point out where I was being an asshole to you, since you're now voting me.

That comment was not directed at you, I'm sure it was for me.

In post 767, Wraith wrote:Oh wow, so a bunch of people are going to jump onto a completely random lurkerwagon started by FEYSAL who was joined by SPYREX and KANYE?

Fail.

Lurkerwagon, fair enough. Random, no. I believe that PeregrineV lurking is indicative of him being scum, and I can point to a past game where this belief resulted in me correctly vigging him. I'm also not concerned about who is with me on the wagon. It will be more information somewhere down the line.

In post 770, Empking wrote:You quoted my reads to show Fey is inconsistent? Bad distancing.

The inconsistency is real though. Being consistent is fine, but one should not be afraid to leave consistency by the wayside when observing something new.

In post 775, Will-o-wisp wrote:Why aren't we lynching Kanye?

My reason is that I recognize I could be wrong about kanye, and I'm likely to be, if my suspicion of PeregrineV is correct.

In post 775, Will-o-wisp wrote:The speed with which a wagon on Peregrine formed and Kanye's dissolved makes me think a couple of possibilities. I haven't really been able to discuss with my partner as she has been MIA with schoolwork (come back Mist :(), but I am not liking this Peregrine wagon at all.

1) Scum are white knighting Kanye and thus want to lynch a for a flip with less information acquisition
2) Scum are looking for a place to park their votes so that they do not appear scummy voting for Kanye or Feysal at the moment and thus Peregrine is a better option
3) Scum are pushing a lynch on Peregrine because Kanye is a potentially powerful scum role

1) I hardly think that this wagon would result in less information than if it had not happened at all. The fact that it became a speedwagon, and the players who joined it, can both prove significant later. What I find very interesting right now is that Andrius was trying to start a wagon on yourself, and despite his talk of a voting bloc, it fizzled. I'm suspected by rather more people than Andrius is, and yet I'm having much more success. That surprises me, and I'm curious about which invisible string I pulled to make it happen. That, I'm sure, will be of interest later.

2) Dekes already asked why, and you answered, but...

In post 778, Will-o-wisp wrote:Speed wagoning Pere would seem less scummy because a lot of people are already doing it,
so choosing which person who speed wagoned looks most scummy based on the fact of the speed wagon would be a hard feat to accomplish
. It would be a safe vote because he is inactive and it seems to be the "viable alternative" to the other two wagons.

Could you rephrase the underlined part? No matter how many times I read it, I can't understand what you're trying to say.

3) If they wanted to save kanye, why a third wagon? If it was kanye, all the scum would have to do is pile on me like Andrius has been asking people to.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 788, Mastermind of Sin wrote:dunno. Still waiting on someone to answer my meta question about Furc.

Furcolow answered it himself...

In post 597, Furcolow wrote:I put in less, and I lurk, unless it comes to coordinating nightkills, with which I am pretty fiery.

For what it's worth, I can confirm this. I have played with Furcolow as town twice, and as scum once. The scum game was Mafia Holographica, where Furcolow lurked his way through the game, and after the town had destroyed itself by infighting, he endgamed me. Don't know about the night kill coordination part, but since that does not happen in public anyway, who cares.

I'm pretty sure that Furcolow is town this game. He tends to be spammy as town, and true to that meta he has a significant share of the posts in this thread to his name. Metas can be faked of course, but to tell the truth, I don't think Furcolow has it in him.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't take much stock in people claiming self-meta, mostly because everyone gives me shit for it when I do the same. I don't see any point in returning the favor.
Permanent V/LA.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 798, Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't take much stock in people claiming self-meta, mostly because everyone gives me shit for it when I do the same. I don't see any point in returning the favor.

Of course. In this case though, I can say that the self-meta Furcolow provided was accurate, in my experience with his play.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”