Micro 738: Fountain of Tired Souls [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 32
  • Garrybote
    ----- 2 ( Purple Nurple, JaeReed )
    L- 3

Impoetic
    ------ 1 ( osuka )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    ---- 5 ( Garrybote, Impoetic, Nahdia, Smocaine, Lil Uzi Vert )
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
########
|
[
%
]
[/center][/b][/i]
FOS COUNT 2 . 32

• Not FoS'ing
    - 8 ( Everyone )
Days Remaining Without Lynching
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 am

Post by Alisae »

I
m
p
o
e
t
i
c
h
a
s
b
e
e
n
p
r
o
d
d
e
d

P
l
e
a
s
e
a
n
n
o
u
n
c
e
V
/
L
A
f
o
r
m
o
r
e
t
h
a
n
h
o
u
r
s
i
n
a
c
t
i
v
i
t
y
!

A
n
d
p
u
t
u
p
f
l
a
g
s
T
h
o
s
e
a
r
e
v
e
r
y
h
e
l
p
f
u
l
f
o
r
A
l
i
s
a
e
s
!

T
h
a
n
k
y
o
u
v
e
r
y
m
u
c
h
!
:
]

L
o
v
e
A
l
i
s
a
e
<
GTKAS
| here.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 698, JaeReed wrote:
In post 694, Impoetic wrote:Ok how about WHICH stances feel disingenuous to you? (W/o being pedantic about the dumb joke you harped on 2 posts ago, please.)
The osuka tr. Doesn't feel like you're trying to pick up alignment.
Your read on me. I have no idea of the progression on the read on me and it skeeves me out.
but I don't tr osuka anymore. It was mostly POE.

My progression hasn't been visible because I haven't been making it visible. I'll concede that this is a problem on my part, but it definitely isn't because of alignment. I just haven't been posting every thought I've had. I decided you were probably town a while ago; it was mostly tone, and I still think I could be wrong, but I'm not inclined to vote you in the near future and would like to change your read on me.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 749, JaeReed wrote:no one wants to lynch luv, so I'm going for someone that I do still scumread somewhat that I think I'll get.
I'm not lynching Impoetic today.
What? No, I'd rather lynch LUV than the clearable. I THINK I mentioned this before. (Also not sure why you flipped before I replied. I appreciate it, but I'm still curious.)
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Impoetic »

like, wouldn't it
really suck
to lynch him if he's town?

isn't it really dumb to risk it?

If you have even an atomsworth of doubt about your read, shouldn't we lynch outside of him today?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Impoetic »

i'm not voting gerry today. Especially when mislynching him would just lead to me being mislynched the next day; it'd almost be better to lynch me today in that case, and have him check himself afterwards so his dumb ass could lead on someone else tomorrow.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Impoetic »

(Or, if he's scum, at least you'd HAVE ONE SCUM LYNCH GUARANTEED THE FOLLOWING DAY)
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Not sure why I'm being scum read to be honest.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 709, Nahdia wrote:I'm having a bit of a problem. This is my first game in awhile, and my goals coming in were to not get too worked up and to try and not commit to any reads that I can't get beyond gut feelings with. My problem though is that I'm getting nothing. Legit nothing. I've been reading this game, I promise I have, but I simply cannot for the life of me get a grasp of what posts are alignment indicative at all. I've been throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks and I'm just hitting blanks everywhere. I've got no dang clue how to scumhunt. I realize how convenient this "problem" would be for mafia and how useless I probably seem to the town, but I'm just putting it all out there. I've got gut feelings but nothing to back them up with, so I can give them out just for the sake of it but I attach zero weight to them. I think Oggs and Jae and gerry are town. I'm not sure on osuka and Purple Nurple and Impoetic. I think Lil Uzi Vert is scummy. If I missed people, they just haven't left any impression on me I guess.

Pretty much where I'm at for now is I'm looking for convincing arguments. I know I know, I'm useless. Sorry I'm not giving more than this but I don't feel comfortable being a stronger driving force in this game atm.

On that note, Purple Nurple's stuff at the beginning of this day has just left me completely unconvinced. Yeah, it's possible that was the reason there was no kill, but there's any number of other things it could have been. Has anyone considered that maybe the mafia are just two less active players and they might not have realized how the game mechanics are set up and they forgot to submit their kill? Or hell, maybe they were still discussing it when the day ended? The one thing about Gerry today that left a bad taste in my mouth, I will admit, is when he said he "thought [he] was gonna be clear" after asking Alisae if mafia could submit role actions and factional actions at the same time.
That
did come off to me as disingenuous, from my perspective at least. But it was just a feeling, Gerry being overeager to find a situation where he's clear despite having enough experience on this site to know it'd be unlikely is also believable, I guess. Regardless, I maintain that lynching a claimed cop who is proven to be an investigative role is dumb and bad.
This is actually the towniest post I've seen all game because of how relatable it is, although I know nahdia could sound towny as scum. At least the first paragraph of this definitely -feels- genuine to me, though.

(I've been having the same problem but I've had trouble getting good gut reads too, or having trouble keeping my reads in one place for two posts at a time. It's really a relief to see that, even if it's not the same problem exactly.)
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:57 am

Post by gerryoat »

So what's happening
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Impoetic »

gerry your style of pushing is pissing me off. Never mind, I'm not letting myself get mislynched for the first time this game after all. Let's just see what gerry's result is on himself tomorrow, and if he's not roleblocked, he should be confirmed one way or the other.

I just realized I missed a lot so I guess I thought I reread at some point when I didn't.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 766, JaeReed wrote:Also mastina why do you tr me here?
Impo why do you tr me?
Just saw this. Anyway, it's really just gut. I know you're the type to care a lot about doing things in-game that would be emotionally manipulative and place emphasis on whether it's done as scum, so I feel there were a couple of your posts that seemed too AtE-y to actually come from scum. Besides that, you just seem generally fairly towny. I've been having a lot of trouble following this game, even when I do keep up, and even more trouble sticking to reads from it or having any real concrete thoughts on anything. I guess I'm just stupid lol.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 770, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Let's try something.

I am a town PR. I will not say which. Say who you think I should target and why.
...isn't this game role madness?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

And?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 am

Post by gerryoat »

Imagine being uncc'd public cop and having to waste a shot on yourself. Lol.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:22 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 785, Impoetic wrote:gerry your style of pushing is pissing me off.
You act like I never don't always do that? Lol. Also what happened to the kind impoetic I knew. :(
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 774, Nahdia wrote:
In post 744, JaeReed wrote:
In post 739, Nahdia wrote:as it stands, no amount of scumtells short of him literally claiming mafia will convince me lynching gerry today is a good idea. i need logic as to why this risk-reward set up you're suggesting isn't as abysmal as i think it is.
here's the thing.
Either he's town and 1 shot, in which case it was used up last night. Where we still won't get any more information tomorrow and his mislynch was just delayed a day.
Or
He's mafia. We lynch him and get the scumflip then when purple dies tonight you're clear of being his partner.

I can't see a world in which a town public cop isn't gated. Can you?
i mean, you yourself pointed out that this town seems to have a lot of NU based on what we know...
im sorry i was mostly kidding :c but i can be p irritable sometimes, which is even more true on EM than it is here, lol. u_u

idk I feel like you've been doing a lot of the spam-pushing this game. maybe you always do it but i don't really remember it being this frequent? It's been a while since we played and my memory sucks, so.

...JaeReed asked you to check them, so check them instead. I think regardless of their alignment they almost certainly have a real reason for saying that.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

Btw should mention: after Nahdia's appeal post (I can link it if necessary), we're instead blocking osuka. Also,
HURT: Lil Uzi Vert.
HURT WITH A BLADE: gerryoat.
You're making the right pushes, more or less. Plus if I read your soft correctly I don't think Alisae makes that a scum role given Alisae's experiences there. Also little stuff here and there. It's really not anything particularly tangible so much as it is general stuff, attitude (see also your reaction to me not calling you conftown), things I don't think you'd ever do if you were actually scum. There was a level of hurt essentially.
Hydra of Eddie Cane and mastina.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 782, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not sure why I'm being scum read to be honest.
Gee, I wonder why.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 783, Impoetic wrote:This is actually the towniest post I've seen all game because of how relatable it is
Oh yeah thanks for the quote by the way. That's the one. is the Nahdia post I was referring to which made me change our block target. I actually changed it a couple days ago but I forgot to mention it prior to today.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 789, gerryoat wrote:Imagine being uncc'd public cop and having to waste a shot on yourself. Lol.
Except
You could just be
A loud role cop or something

Ali had a game previously where the roleblocker was loud and he coasted off the town cred from it.
Ali had a game previously where night talk was given from a scum role on activation and they used that to try to get out of being the lynch.

Even if you're public cop that doesn't make you town. I half suspect Ali to put in a public cop that's scum just to fuck people over that want to go role = alignment. It doesn't. It never will and especially so in an alisae game.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 774, Nahdia wrote:
In post 744, JaeReed wrote:
In post 739, Nahdia wrote:as it stands, no amount of scumtells short of him literally claiming mafia will convince me lynching gerry today is a good idea. i need logic as to why this risk-reward set up you're suggesting isn't as abysmal as i think it is.
here's the thing.
Either he's town and 1 shot, in which case it was used up last night. Where we still won't get any more information tomorrow and his mislynch was just delayed a day.
Or
He's mafia. We lynch him and get the scumflip then when purple dies tonight you're clear of being his partner.

I can't see a world in which a town public cop isn't gated. Can you?
i mean, you yourself pointed out that this town seems to have a lot of NU based on what we know...
Those both have obvious advantages for scum, though. Roleblocking? Night meetings? Both of those powers make at least some sense for scum to have, and alignment cop doesn't make any sense except as a role that looks town. If alisae thinks that roles should never be used to determine alignment, then if the table is playing correctly in Alisae's mind, the role is completely against the wincon of its user.

We can just give him one more night to check someone, at least. It gives us more information even if he's scum, so long as he gets some sort of report. That way, if he's scum, today's lynch can be used to get his partner and narrow the pool of possible suspects. There are two mafia, and he's a role that equates to being a town pr even if he's one of the two.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by Impoetic »

If he's public role cop, we still know tomorrow! Like...
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 83, gerryoat wrote:ok so last micro i was in, i broke the game for ez town win. can someone tell me if somone dies at night? or is it like reversed and someone dies at day.
In post 786, Impoetic wrote:
Impo why do you tr me?
Just saw this. Anyway, it's really just gut. I know you're the type to care a lot about doing things in-game that would be emotionally manipulative and place emphasis on whether it's done as scum, so I feel there were a couple of your posts that seemed too AtE-y to actually come from scum. Besides that, you just seem generally fairly towny. I've been having a lot of trouble following this game, even when I do keep up, and even more trouble sticking to reads from it or having any real concrete thoughts on anything. I guess I'm just stupid lol.
Where do you think I've AtE'd?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 795, JaeReed wrote:Even if you're public cop that doesn't make you town. I half suspect Ali to put in a public cop that's scum just to fuck people over that want to go role = alignment. It doesn't. It never will and especially so in an alisae game.
which is why i would check myself?????? lol

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”