Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Isis »

i liked that i remembered pooky(the bear) and ydrasse had that lover PT, and the ydrasse was a bear, and pooky was in the gmae
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 775, Isis wrote:i liked that i remembered pooky(the bear) and ydrasse had that lover PT, and the ydrasse was a bear, and pooky was in the gmae
that's adorable!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:50 pm

Post by Kanna »

@drusilla; if you agreed we should consider pooky town for c2, then why did you go for plusjoyed instead of isis which was clearly what pooky wanted?

i'll try to dragon code Sometime before deadline but i'd also like to use gifs because they're fun

also i too was dumb and after opening the first spoiler, thought ydrasse was just happy to be a bear

if anyone wants to talk to me about isis that is not_isis so there can be some 3rd person perspective, i would be happy

ok goodnight!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 777, Kanna wrote:@drusilla; if you agreed we should consider pooky town for c2, then why did you go for plusjoyed instead of isis which was clearly what pooky wanted?
i didn't agree that we should consider pooky town, i thought that pooky had been eliminated and therefore either way any further information we could get from him would be super helpful. i went for plusjoyed because he seemed the most likely outside of pooky to be mafia to me.
why are the stars dancing?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I think if we get to another post restricted phase we should have a universal code. that will be fairly easy for everyone.

Every player will post their "key" in their first post:

1st Sound:

Yes - Agree

2nd Sound:

No - Disagree

3rd Sound

SR: Quoted Person for Quote

4th Sound

TR: Quoted Person for Quote

5th Sound:

Why? Explain? Elaborate?

Anything else we can add to this list that needs to be added?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:39 am

In post 778, drusilla wrote:
In post 777, Kanna wrote:@drusilla; if you agreed we should consider pooky town for c2, then why did you go for plusjoyed instead of isis which was clearly what pooky wanted?
i didn't agree that we should consider pooky town, i thought that pooky had been eliminated and therefore either way any further information we could get from him would be super helpful. i went for plusjoyed because he seemed the most likely outside of pooky to be mafia to me.
I don't see why you would put all your eggs in one basket even if your base assumption was that I had already been eliminated when it was clear that I had not been eliminated - my alignment had not been flipped at that point in the game.

Even if the actual mechanic at play was double-elimination instead of a nomination system - I think you still operate on the basis of Pooky-Town in order to get at least one elimination right rather than trying to hit both mafia on the same move. I think it's un-natural to make the 2nd elimination assuming Pooky!Scum when more likely than not just on a probability basis you are wrong about me.

It felt like you were more trying to hold together a voting bloc and target the disenfranchised scattered voters outside of it rather than taking a look at who could be scum slipping on the wagon if you were wrong about Pooky and I don't think that's a natural state of mind.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 780, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't see why you would put all your eggs in one basket even if your base assumption was that I had already been eliminated when it was clear that I had not been eliminated - my alignment had not been flipped at that point in the game.

Even if the actual mechanic at play was double-elimination instead of a nomination system - I think you still operate on the basis of Pooky-Town in order to get at least one elimination right rather than trying to hit both mafia on the same move. I think it's un-natural to make the 2nd elimination assuming Pooky!Scum when more likely than not just on a probability basis you are wrong about me.

It felt like you were more trying to hold together a voting bloc and target the disenfranchised scattered voters outside of it rather than taking a look at who could be scum slipping on the wagon if you were wrong about Pooky and I don't think that's a natural state of mind.
my eggs weren't all in one basket, plusjoyed made sense to me outside of scum!pooky as well, which i've already stated. either way information you'd provide at that point would be helpful. i tried to talk to you and you didn't try to talk to me after you were condemned, so. why should i sheep someone i think is the most likely mafia in the game? assuming you're town simply does not make sense to me.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 779, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think if we get to another post restricted phase we should have a universal code. that will be fairly easy for everyone.

1st Sound:

Yes - Agree

2nd Sound:

No - Disagree

3rd Sound

4th Sound

5th Sound:

Why? Explain? Elaborate?

i've suggested this and I've already posted mine
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:45 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 782, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 779, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think if we get to another post restricted phase we should have a universal code. that will be fairly easy for everyone.

1st Sound:

Yes - Agree

2nd Sound:

No - Disagree

3rd Sound

4th Sound

5th Sound:

Why? Explain? Elaborate?

i've suggested this and I've already posted mine
this is simply what people were already doing but many of you chose not to participate. you said earlier that you thought pooky was town. why?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:46 am

In post 781, drusilla wrote:my eggs weren't all in one basket, plusjoyed made sense to me outside of scum!pooky as well, which i've already stated. either way information you'd provide at that point would be helpful. i tried to talk to you and you didn't try to talk to me after you were condemned, so. why should i sheep someone i think is the most likely mafia in the game? assuming you're town simply does not make sense to me.
I'm not saying to sheep me, I'm saying to try to find scum assuming I am town. they are two different things.

I also had no idea you were trying to talk to me, I thought you were quoting me in order to talk ABOUT me.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:48 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 784, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm not saying to sheep me, I'm saying to try to find scum assuming I am town. they are two different things.
i was finding scum assuming that you were more likely than not to be mafia, because i felt you were more likely than not to be mafia.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 am

In post 783, drusilla wrote:his is simply what people were already doing but many of you chose not to participate.
This is a really bad shade imo.

Many of us did not participate not out of some evil scum intent to hide our feelings.

We didn't participate because we don't have experience playing post restricted games and didn't know this was even an option.

incompetence is not alignment indicative and I find it really weird you keep pushing this non-participation line.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 786, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:We didn't participate because we don't have experience playing post restricted games and didn't know this was even an option.
i also have no experience playing a post restricted game. yet somehow i knew it was an option to attempt to communicate. hectic even said in the mod posts good luck communicating. i don't understand your lack of engagement then, and now you and plusjoyed are pitching what others were already doing as something to do going forward and it is frustrating.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:52 am

In post 785, drusilla wrote:i was finding scum assuming that you were more likely than not to be mafia, because i felt you were more likely than not to be mafia.
but my alignment had not been flipped at that point and according to your mindset I was already as good as dead, so why keep going along the Pooky is scum angle?

If I do indeed flip scum as you believe I would - then town is already very ahead for nailing scum on its first elim.

However if I flip town - and you also miss on the 2nd elim because I flipped town instead of scum, you are looking at a 6 player game(after mafia elim) which is close to lylo and you are in the hot-seat having driven 2 straight mis-elims and you could very easily get mis-elim'd for the loss at that point.

I can't understand how town!dru doesn't hedge her bets at all and even consider the pretty decent chance actually that she's wrong about Pooky.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

In post 787, drusilla wrote:i also have no experience playing a post restricted game. yet somehow i knew it was an option to attempt to communicate. hectic even said in the mod posts good luck communicating. i don't understand your lack of engagement then, and now you and plusjoyed are pitching what others were already doing as something to do going forward and it is frustrating.
I was trying to communicate. I was using gifs to do it.

I didn't think of setting up a code. You keep misconstruing this as somehow scum-indicative.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 788, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:but my alignment had not been flipped at that point and according to your mindset I was already as good as dead, so why keep going along the Pooky is scum angle?

If I do indeed flip scum as you believe I would - then town is already very ahead for nailing scum on its first elim.

However if I flip town - and you also miss on the 2nd elim because I flipped town instead of scum, you are looking at a 6 player game(after mafia elim) which is close to lylo and you are in the hot-seat having driven 2 straight mis-elims and you could very easily get mis-elim'd for the loss at that point.

I can't understand how town!dru doesn't hedge her bets at all and even consider the pretty decent chance actually that she's wrong about Pooky.
are you just ignoring everytime i say plusjoyed made sense to me outside of scum!pooky as well?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:54 am

I'm not ignoring that. However it is clear that the main reason you were pushing him as Condemn2 was because you thought he was my scum-buddy - I asked you this originally and you said it would make sense for him to pick me I believe.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 789, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I didn't think of setting up a code. You keep misconstruing this as somehow scum-indicative.
no i don't, i think coupled with your other behaviours it is scum indicative for you. i don't think it is scum indicative for taylor swift necessarily, seems null there.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 791, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm not ignoring that. However it is clear that the main reason you were pushing him as Condemn2 was because you thought he was my scum-buddy - I asked you this originally and you said it would make sense for him to pick me I believe.
i said he made sense with you and also made sense outside of you. i was not pushing him clearly as your scum buddy, that isn't true. i thought he also made sense with ydrasse at the time.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 am

In post 792, drusilla wrote:no i don't, i think coupled with your other behaviours it is scum indicative for you
Can you be specific here?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 595, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 593, Isis wrote:
In post 437, drusilla wrote:
In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ill townbin this
eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
I dislike that drusilla didn't just issue you a townread the way Pooky and I did.

It's a little of BoPish of me to do so though.
this sucks I think I might have gotten the scum in Dru/Isis wrong >.>
Dru referenced a comparible game where scum!Eve played similarly and you do realize here, don’t you that Isis mistakenly thought she was referring to me not plusJOYED. If you take that into account then why do you find that necessarily scummy?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:04 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 794, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 792, drusilla wrote:no i don't, i think coupled with your other behaviours it is scum indicative for you
Can you be specific here?
In post 764, drusilla wrote:it seemed to me like scum!pooky saw someone working towards solving the game and attempted to befriend them without participating in the solving of the game.
In post 739, drusilla wrote:the person you were interacting with was already developing the framework. you didn't need to wholly invent it it was already being done by someone else and instead of participating in that you random gifs.
In post 737, drusilla wrote:make friends make no effort to solve the game make it seem like you care about the game being solved.
In post 735, drusilla wrote:because ydrasse was trying to communicate about the game or at least to develop a framework for us to communicate about the game within and you were just gif posting. and then you were like 'look we need to reach a consensus!' when you could have been working toward that goal. that's like what scum do.
In post 715, drusilla wrote:well it was the being pockety/buddying and then suddenly caring about the elimination.
In post 449, drusilla wrote:like if you're town you'd help develop a consensus. i think mafia would be far more likely to say, hey look we need to do this. instead of doing it.
In post 446, drusilla wrote:
In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok can you explain why that is? What was there to communicate about that I didn't do?
who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 795, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 595, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 593, Isis wrote:
In post 437, drusilla wrote:
In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ill townbin this
eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
I dislike that drusilla didn't just issue you a townread the way Pooky and I did.

It's a little of BoPish of me to do so though.
this sucks I think I might have gotten the scum in Dru/Isis wrong >.>
Dru referenced a comparible game where scum!Eve played similarly and you do realize here, don’t you that Isis mistakenly thought she was referring to me not plusJOYED. If you take that into account then why do you find that necessarily scummy?
I should have asked you if this is your current assessment of this series of posts, because I mistakenly took it out of order.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 696, drusilla wrote:
In post 665, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so in day 1.1 we selected pooky but then we also selected me (there was one vote on me and then the phase ended). afaik nothing happened to me. does anyone have an explanation for what happened there?
taylor swift was helpful to town in a recent marathon game.
I’m curious to know what her current reads are, because so far she hasn’t really given any yet.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 am

In post 793, drusilla wrote:i said he made sense with you and also made sense outside of you. i was not pushing him clearly as your scum buddy, that isn't true.
I went back and re-read what you said about plusJOYED:

this was your first reply.
In post 412, drusilla wrote:
In post 406, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you please explain why you wanted to put PlusJOYED as the 2nd condemnation?
plusjoyed made sense in various worlds to me and their play individually seemed the scummiest out of the non-you players to me, and isis who i was townreading voted there. would you have chosen plusjoyed? somewhat unlikely. would plusjoyed have chosen you? quite possibly.

It seems to me specifically you were thinking about him in the frame of reference as my mafia friend - since you are talking about him picking me.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”