jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 3:32 pm

Post by jeep »

in case they hadn't noticed that before jeep, they do now
Of course, because I'm sold on mith being pro-town, for now and I don't want him wasting his ability by targetting you. And I doubt the mafia would target their own anyway.
Have you ever considered that everything I'm saying is true?
Because THAT is how you win mafia. Trust that everyone is telling the truth despite the oddities...

???

Can we get an official vote count?

-JEEP
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2004 4:54 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

All I'm saying is that if you don't trust some people eventually you'll lose, and at this point it's critical. I mean, most of you all have the worst of me set in your minds. It makes me a bit less frustrated when you try to see it both ways...
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 6:28 pm

Post by Darkblade »

I forgot to bring my LAN cable to college. Stupid, stupid Darkblade. I'll spend more time on the DS issue once I have clear access
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 10:20 pm

Post by Porro »

mith wrote:I agree that DS is acting odd. However, here's how I look at our "priorities":

If we lynch DS now, and fail to lynch the Mafia in time, we lose.
If we lynch the Mafia now, we *might* run out of time on lynching/killing DS (but, particularly as he seems to be unable to kill, if I am still alive, I can just kill him myself, if necessary), or he might be innocent.

I say we leave DS for tomorrow, at least. It's in the Mafia's best interest to kill him, anyway, as much as anyone else.
I agree.

I don't think DS is the killer from last night, because I doubt an alien would use a gun.

However, catching up today, there seemed to be some reasonable points against DS raised by darkblade, though since I doubt that he's a killer, I'm unsure what to conclude.

In contrast, jeep's posts against DS have seemed far less reasonable, and speculative in the extreme. A GF hidden in the BOK who is then recruited by Aliens, whilst presumably through all of this, remains in contact with his mafiosos? A powerful role indeed!

I am certainly coming around to mith's way of thinking regarding jeep, to the extent that I'd be happy to vote for him now
FOS: jeep
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2004 10:23 pm

Post by Porro »

p.s. If jeep is lynched, and found to be evil, I trust that mith will monster d8p tonight

:twisted: <--- mith
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 7:20 am

Post by jeep »

A GF hidden in the BOK who is then recruited by Aliens, whilst presumably through all of this, remains in contact with his mafiosos? A powerful role indeed!
Yet a member of the BOK being forcefully recruited, yet still being able to protect anyone in his group isn't?

DS, tell me again how you kept your target-restricted super-doc powers even though you've stated a few times that when you are forcefully recruited you lose all other powers?

-JEEP
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 7:34 am

Post by Porro »

IIRC DS has said a few times that he gained that ability when he was recruited, not that he had it before.

Your confused attacks, such as this, are precisely what has made you current number 1 on my 'potential mafia' list. :roll:
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 8:32 am

Post by d8P »

Like Porro said, DS has said again and again that he lost his BoK powers. Being able to protect is his alien cult power.

But more importantly, I don't see how the role DS has claimed should be considered to have "super-doc powers". It might be just hyperbole and an oversight, but I have to say that you're leaning heavily on the assumption of your innnocence.

Were it not for the absolute I was given, I'd be helping your lynch. To the rest of the innocents out there - don't lynch him, he's innocent. So much so that he's not even paying attention to the game. :)
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 9:13 am

Post by jeep »

Ack... notes are insufficient, I guess I need to re-read.

Super-Doc == doc able to protect self
Hence, he is a target-restricted super-doc.

-JEEP
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 10:03 am

Post by mith »

Or a vest, at this point. Unless he has recruited someone else.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

IIRC DS has said a few times that he gained that ability when he was recruited, not that he had it before.
Thank you, Porro. And mith, I can't recruit. That was Gaspode's ability as the group leader.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 2:17 pm

Post by mith »

We only have your word on that. *I* believe you for now, but I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I'm still waiting for jeep to post some sort of defense. He seems to be ignoring the fact that he has two votes, and Porro ready to lynch him if nothing else happens.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 8:15 pm

Post by jeep »

I'm re-reading the topic.

I don't know what I can say in the meantime. You probably won't believe anything I can offer up any more than I believe DS...
Why don't you just try assuming I'm telling the truth?
hehe

Anyway, just a another question that might be answered when I re-read:
DS, other than Porro (who refused, right?), who else was recruited/attempted to be recruited?

-JEEP
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Everything looks different depending on what your gut instincts tell you. After his "confession" and then the note, I am so sure that Dragon Slayer is scum that everything he says sounds like a lie. He can say all he wants, but I still believe that if we shake hands with him, he will end up stabbing us in the back (*see: Monty Python Mafia when Night Stalker convinced the town that he was good by not killing until the end).

However, I see the merit in trying to get Mafia first...
if
we choose correctly.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 3:25 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Ut was recruited successfully- volunatarilly too, I think. Polotet refused. I was forcefully recruited. I'm almost positive that was it. I'll try to look back over any remaining conversations to find out for sure.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 5:02 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Vote Count:

3 Dragon Slayer (DarkBlade, Fishbulb, jeep)
2 jeep (
mith
, Dragon Slayer)

Not Voting:

d8p,
Porro

4 to lynch, or 2 councilors and the mayor to lynch.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 2:03 am

Post by Porro »

Ok I've thought about this quite a bit, and I'm prepared to cast the lynching council vote, before d8p votes for the other bandwaggon.

mith, if he's scum, please kill his buddy d8p tonight.

Your Mayor duth
Vote: jeep
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 2:06 am

Post by Porro »

Doth :oops:
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 5:58 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Twilight: jeep has been lynched by the council.

But you'll have to wait for a few hours to find out what he was, because I have to go to class. Oh... the intrigue!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 6:11 am

Post by cuban smoker »

The Turning GLOBE

Issue 10.1

Millionaire lynched for crimes against the Town!

Fighting with his last breath against the voice of the town, jeep's face paled as the council decision was passed. The kind town millionaire has been sentenced to death. Due to his stature, the council ruled his lynching would be a dignified afair which the town watch solemly.

Once the preparations had been made, the town turned to more pressing matters... determining the millionaire's involvement in the recent crime spree. A thorough search of jeep's house revealed startling evidence of crimes committed against the town, including murder plots, conspiracies to defraud council, and numerous related raketeering schemes. It has become quite clear the jeep was indeed the Mafia Godfather.

jeep, Millionaire and Mafia Godfather (MAFIA), has been lynched. The Godfather was immune to night investigations and night kills. The Millionaire leaves behind a grieving daughter.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

mith stood in his basement laboratory, staring intently at the culmination of years of sweat and tears in the form of an innocuous green liquid. He was not particularly proud of his creation, nor was he interested in sharing his discovery with the world. The mixture was an abomination, a solution whose sole purpose was to mutate purity, to pervert the norm. However, in these trying times, every citizen had to do his part. mith truly believed that, but his frail body was not the instrument of justice he had once hoped it would become. Nay, mith found strength in his mind: in his creativity, his persistence, and his lack of social conscience. The latter was a precious resource in the face of adversity, a tool he had leveraged into a fantastic weapon for the town's indiscriminating use. His focus returned to the vial, and with rapt attention he watched it slowly effervesce. With a grin of resignation, he grasped the container and lifted it to his lips. He hoped to serve once more...

Fishbulb sat silently in the lobby of his modest house in a well-to-do uptown neighbourhood. For years he had operated it successfully as a bed and breakfast, with enough honest customers to keep up a front as an upstanding citizen and respected member of the town. A front, he mused, which was required to protect his less profitable but infinitely more important customers. He would watch with muted indifference as shady character after shady character passed through his inn's reception area. The money kept trickling in, and he kept his mouth shut. All that had changed recently, and he had once again been asked to do something that didn't sit right with him. But he was in much too deep to say no.

Porro paced briskly around his council chambers, devastated by the diminishing populace of his town. What was once a robust economy was in shambles, the townspeople were terrified, and he couldn't even dream of re-election if there were no constituents left to vote! As he turned once again, he thought back to the strange night when he was approached by the shifty-eyed Gaspode. The man promised guidance and prosperous times if only Porro would help him pass certain key by-laws. Porro had never committed, but was helplessly intrigued by the discovery that Gaspode was actually an alien life form. He wondered continuously about the extent of the alien's power, always concerned his intentions were not pure. Now that the town was in dire straits, Porro decided he was out of options. He grabbed his coat, and headed off to Dragon Slayer's house.

Dragon Slayer lay in bed, tossing and turning like he had ever since the day Gaspode was killed. Something burned inside his mind, and he wrestled with it every time he closed his eyes. He was driven to complete the alien mission, but he did not have the discipline to comprehend the complex emotions overwhelming his psyche. He was hopelessly confused, and prayed for release every night. It didn't used to be this way... Gaspode's thoughts used to be comforting and reassuring. He preached enlightenment through knowledge and acceptance. Dragon Slayer's mind felt complete. Something happened that night, and Gaspode's death the very next day amplified the horrible thoughts rushing through his brain. Consumed with the desire to destroy, but lacking the ability to will his body to action, Dragon Slayer struggled every night on the brink of insanity.

DarkBlade sat in his private office, staring out over the city he had sworn to protect many years ago. Retired now, he worked a humble side business investigating civil issues to keep his mind sharp. Adultery, missing people, child support... he had made so many contacts throughout his successful law enforcement career that he could find and follow anyone, anywhere. It seemed that there was always a demand for a person of his skill set, always people sneaking around town that didn't want to be found, and always people trying to find them. Some of his clients weren't the most reputable bunch either. No, in his line of work, you sometimes had to get your hands dirty. He subconsciously rubbed his hands together as he scanned the horizon, trying to recall which point of light was Dragon Slayer's house. The man was acting strange, and he had been asked to figure out why. His client had since died, but the question lived on. He slowly stood up, and made his way to the door.

d8p cried in her spacious living room, devastated over the loss of her father, and angrier still over the shattering of the pristine illusion he had created through years of lies. Did she care about her father's profession? Between sobs she realized it wasn't so much what he did, but that she wasn't a part of it. She had always felt so close to her father, always trusted him and felt that he could trust her. It was all a farce. She moved across the room to a window overlooking the dark terrace, and stared mindlessly into the gaping blackness that she felt mirrored her future. Bursting into tears once more, she was unaware of the presence in the room behind her until she saw caught the reflection of evil in the pane of glass. She slowly turned and fixated her dead eyes upon the monster of human misery. With brutal efficiency, she was thrown through the glass, watching her life fall to pieces in horror, feeling every shard cutting her flesh slicing deep into her soul. She closed her eyes as her body went numb and hope bled from her body.

Fishbulb watched incredulously as a very large cloaked figure emerged from mith’s house. The creature had an enormous stature, and almost lurched down the dark side of the street, carefully avoiding streetlights with all the grace of a freight train. Fishbulb produced a pistol from his jacket pocket and slipped almost effortlessly through mith’s front door. A quick scan of the house revealed its occupant was indeed not at home, and Fishbulb turned quickly and darted back onto the street, chasing after the monster.

DarkBlade watched the light in Dragon Slayer’s bedroom dance across the blinds as he had another restless night. Through the glare of the cigarette dangling from his mouth, DarkBlade had no doubt that Dragon Slayer was troubled by something. Last night he witnessed the same scene: light turning on and off, muted sounds of anguish, shadows on the walls. He wasn’t able to enter the house for fear of being detected, but after studying the house for some time this night, DarkBlade decided that Dragon Slayer was not completely aware of his environment, and the risk would be small. He stubbed out his cigarette, and stepped through the smoke and across the street.

Porro was hurrying down the street nearing Dragon Slayer’s house when he caught a flicker of light off to one side. Stopping abruptly, Porro watched as shortly afterwards DarkBlade appeared from the shadows a few houses away and made his way across the street. Porro stepped into an alley, and watched carefully as DarkBlade slipped up to the front door and entered silently. Porro waited for a minute, running through possibilities in his mind. Did DarkBlade really receive notes? Or was he collecting information himself through less legitimate means? As the last remaining figure of authority left in the town, Porro resolved to protect what was left of the decent folk in town. He scanned the ground for a weapon, grabbed an old length of pipe, and determinedly finished his trek to Dragon Slayer’s house.

Dragon Slayer sat straight up in bed, and instinctively turned towards the door. Through a crack he could see a slit of light falling on the stairwell, a slit of light recently disrupted by a shifting silhouette. He stared intently, but saw nothing further. He cautiously settled back down to try his hand again at falling asleep.

DarkBlade froze as he heard steps outside the house, his eyes darting from one streetlight lamp to another, looking for the offender. A shadow played across the window in the front door, and DarkBlade dove for the floor and scrambled to a back room.

Porro stood in front of the door, playing the next minute through his mind over and over. He had only seen it in the movies, but he figured the principle was still sound. He backed up a pace, lifted his foot, and aimed it squarely by the doorknob.

A crash awoke Dragon Slayer again, and he fumbled through the darkness for his closet, an armory of baseball bats, hockey sticks and wire hangers. He made more sound scrambling through his sports memorabilia than the intruder had coming through the front door, but was determined to not go down without a fight. He froze again when he heard “Dragon Slayer? Are you in here? It’s me, Porro! I think there’s someone else in the house!” He picked a trusty Titan for a stick and made his way to his bedroom door.

mith stood over d8p, watching her pretty face slowly cover with blood, when the eerie silence of the night was broken by a cell phone ringing... outside. mith stalked forward, stepping over the murdered girl into the darkness beyond.

Fishbulb cursed, and fumbled through his coat for his phone. He managed to activate the phone, seconds before his eyes were drawn back to the mansion he had watched the creature enter. Something was on the terrace, moving towards the bushes. Towards him. Without another moment’s hesitation, he lifted his gun and emptied the entire clip into the creature. It screamed in pain and lunged forward, clawing at the railing as it fell. With a heavy thud, mith landed in the dirt at the foot of the massive house, and breathed his last monstrous breath. Content, Fishbulb turned his attention back to the phone.

From the landing, Porro watched Dragon Slayer emerge from his bedroom door, cautiously making his way to the top of the stairs. Both men were armed, and both men were frightened. Porro quickly recounted what he had seen, and the two men methodically began searching the house.

DarkBlade sat cursing his luck in the corner of the pantry. He couldn’t find a backdoor to exit through, and it wouldn’t be long before his childish hiding spot was discovered. Who knew what type of justice the eccentric resident of this house might resort to in these trying times? DarkBlade began scanning the shelves for something a little larger than the average soup can.

Porro entered the kitchen, and his eyes rested on the large double doors that housed the pantry. One of the doors was ajar. He carefully crossed the kitchen, pipe cocked and at the ready. DarkBlade braced himself and waited. Porro reached for the door, and with all of his might, DarkBlade threw himself forward, crashing into Porro, sending both men sprawling on the floor. DarkBlade was a larger, stronger man, and without a pipe to aid him, Porro soon found himself at the receiving end of a few well-placed punches.

DarkBlade tried to render Porro unconscious, planning to make his escape through the front door which was a mere 30 feet away, when he felt the cold justice of a wooden stick collide with the side of his head. DarkBlade keeled over, and blacked out.

Porro scrambled out from underneath his assailant, and began thanking Dragon Slayer once again when his platitudes were interrupted by the sharp report of gunfire. Two red holes appeared in Dragon Slayer’s chest, and he dropped to his knees. His eyes fixated on Porro as a lonely trickle of blood ran down from the right corner of his mouth. Porro returned the stare, and then followed Dragon Slayer’s eyes as they rolled into the back of his head, and he collapsed. Fishbulb stood in the doorway, cocked the hammer of his weapon, and fired twice more at Porro.

DarkBlade slowly sat up, massaging the side of his head. He took in the scene around him, and looked up at Fishbulb. “It’s over, isn’t it?” he asked. Fishbulb nodded silently, turned around, and left as quietly as he had entered. DarkBlade managed to get to his feet, but stooped down again to pick up the hockey stick. He ran his hands over the smooth shaft, inspected the blade, and in turn left the house, musing over the past 10 days. It really was over.

Congratulations to the mafia for winning Mafia 10: Intrigue. Comments by players and non-players alike are welcome. I will be posting various things about the game (roles, events, choices) in the coming week or so.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Awwwwwwwwwww *****
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

esome game
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 4:09 pm

Post by mith »

Dang it. I almost talked myself out of it too.

5 and an Assassin seemed too many, though. I knew Porro was innocent (or he would've taken out DS); I knew DS was innocent. I did call Fishbulb as most suspicious after jeep/d8P, and I should've paid more attention to Darkblade being completely worthless with his notes. :)

Ah well, we gave it a good run there at the end.

...and so, once again, mith is messed up by a godfather mason. I think we all know what that means.

Bah bah suck scum die die bow die bah scum...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by mith »

Oh, jeep, you should've expressed some small bit of doubt that d8P *might* be scum. I probably would've gone after him instead, and you would've won even sooner. :)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”