Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 818, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 817, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 816, PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote: BBMolla

Others were able to speculate without claiming anything. And your claim for no reason doesn't make sense to me. A town PR would never do it without the spectre of lynching.

where does he claim…

Post 789 sure sounds like one (see post 799)

No, it doesn't. You asked him why there was only one NK in a game with two scumteams. The possible answers for that are:

1. A team forgot to submit a kill
2. One of the kills targeted the same player as either the vig or other scumteam
3. A power role (or BP) stopped one of the scumteams from killing.

He can't possibly know whether either of the first two are true unless he's scum in which case he's not admitting to it, and so the only possible motive for your question is to find out whether he knows anything about whether it might be 3). IE, trying to find out if he has a power role. What else could you possibly have been trying to find out with that question?

You're now further rolefishing him by the way you're pushing this 'He claimed' shit that, if BBMolla isn't careful, could lead to him dropping a hint that could indicate whether or not he has a pr.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 813, Ghostlin wrote:
Alabaska J (3): zMuffinMan, ToastyToast, TheJakalope
David Xanatos (2): Maxous, PeregrineV
BBmolla (2): Wraith, Dry-fit
sorgster (1): Bogre

Not voting (1): whispersilk

With four days left, people need to have to doublecheck who they think that is scum on the leading wagons. If it's got 2 votes, I'd say you'd need an awesome case for a lynch, and unless you're going to build the AJ wagon past 3 votes, it should be either Dry-Fit or Jak votes as well.

We've got a bankable deadline, and it's coming up. Whisper, please place your vote somewhere.

In post 819, BBmolla wrote:
Unvote.

Others were able to speculate without claiming anything. And your claim for no reason doesn't make sense to me. A town PR would never do it without the spectre of lynching.

where does he claim…

What did I claim.

In post 824, Magua wrote:
Vote Count 2.10

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

TheJakalope (7): Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia, DarthYoshi, Oversoul, Alabaska J
Dry-Fit (6): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2, David Xanatos, sorgster, Empking's Alt
BBmolla (3): Wraith, Dry-fit, PeregrineV
David Xanatos (1): Maxous

V/LA: TheJakalope (10/24)

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)

I post #813. You turn around, post #819. Magua posts #824, reminding us we have less time before and you just increased a wagon that was at L-10.

Why are you stalling and how is voting for the BBMolla wagon with less than 4 days left of a bankable deadline town?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: #816, rather.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 825, The Fonz wrote:
Unvote.

where does he claim…

No, it doesn't. You asked him why there was only one NK in a game with two scumteams. The possible answers for that are:

1. A team forgot to submit a kill
2. One of the kills targeted the same player as either the vig or other scumteam
3. A power role (or BP) stopped one of the scumteams from killing.

He can't possibly know whether either of the first two are true unless he's scum in which case he's not admitting to it, and so the only possible motive for your question is to find out whether he knows anything about whether it might be 3). IE, trying to find out if he has a power role. What else could you possibly have been trying to find out with that question?

You're now further rolefishing him by the way you're pushing this 'He claimed' shit that, if BBMolla isn't careful, could lead to him dropping a hint that could indicate whether or not he has a pr.

Wraith asked me why there was only two kills at the beginning of Day 2.

Where were you to point this out then? Was PV rolefishing and Wraith wasn't?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 am

Post by ToastyToast »

If there are 4 days left, shouldn't you still try to push your case? I've seen lynches flip completely at deadline. I feel like I missed some questions, so I'll get back to that l8ter
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 829, ToastyToast wrote:If there are 4 days left, shouldn't you still try to push your case? I've seen lynches flip completely at deadline. I feel like I missed some questions, so I'll get back to that l8ter

Yes, but that's really not a case.

If someone were to hit me with a compelling case, I'd be willing to vote for it, but I've not seen anything new from the BBMolla wagon, and the point he made isn't really a case. In fact, I can't see where he claimed at all, and if it's a breadcrumb, it shouldn't have been pointed out.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 822, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 814, why don't you go after Yos, whose vote was on BabySpice until the last minute, when he switched to a wagon that killed a town player. doesn't that read as a little worse?

"Worse" how? What's wrong with joining a compromise wagon just before deadline when it seems that that's the best the town is likely to do? It's far more pro-town to get some kind of a lynch then none.

Quote tag fixed.

i'm saying from his point of view. i'm not trying to attack you, just put things in perspective to show him how, with his logic, there are people scummier than me. i have no problem with your move.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Maxous »

unvote,

VOTE: The Jakalope

I did'nt realise the deadline was so short.

I'll answer/give thoughts later..
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Holy shit. I'm on page 32. sorgster's #768 is the funniest fucking thing I've ever read.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 828, Ghostlin wrote:
Wraith asked me why there was only two kills at the beginning of Day 2.

Where were you to point this out then? Was PV rolefishing and Wraith wasn't?

1) I wasn't in the game
2) Yes, obviously, Wraith could not have been rolefishing since the post where Wraith asked that followed you claiming your role. :roll: It comes off more as thinking out loud (How can he be vig when there's only two kills?)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 833, zMuffinMan wrote:Holy shit. I'm on page 32. sorgster's #768 is the funniest fucking thing I've ever read.

I ignored that post because I simply couldn't understand what it said. It didn't sound like a complete sentence the first 4 times I read it.

I read it a 5th time and fell out of my chair.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I can't really be bothered writing a huge catchup post right now, so here's some of my updated reads:

town:

Empking's Alt
Ghostlin
sorgster
ToastyToast
David Xanatos

scum:

BB
Alabaska

And the rest are somewhere in between, I'm probably leaning more town or scum on particular players but not confident enough to put them into either category.

If there's a particular read you want from me, or a particular in-game event I need to comment on, ask.

As for the two main wagons, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about them now. I'd much prefer an Alabaska lynch over either of them, but I'm not opposed to either lynch, really. I'll have a read over them (and some others) in the next 12-24 hours and give more conclusive reads than this.

As for why I'd prefer Alabaska, I haven't liked his catch-up walls any more than I liked his posts D1. There's so much crap in them, and I'll dissect them later and figure out how they align with his reads.

Anyway, I should be more active from now, just had a really busy week.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Just out of curiosity, why are people writing off sorgster's 768 and 771 as a giant case of stupid as opposed to scum trying to posture?

Emp wrote:Fos: Pere - I get the feeling as if there's a plan to fleet around the small wagons that nobody cares about.

Emp, what do you mean "fleet around the small wagons?" I've never heard this expression before. :S If you're saying what I think you're saying, then I agree, this was NOT a pro-town vote from PV.

On a similar note, though,
FOS Bogre
for lurkertastic playing and parking their vote on a player who, albeit is saying some colossally stupid/scummy things, is clearly not going to be the day's lynch.

Still fine with either a Dry Fit or a Jak lynch, though.

@Whispersilk's #812: Why on G-d's green earth did you not put a vote out in this post when the deadline is four days away? You get an
FoS
for that alone. There is zero pro-town reason for not having a vote out right now.

@Alabaska's #814: Again with the hunting in terms of scumbuddies before there are flips. How is this useful scumhunting? Combined with the defensive nature of this post, it's definitely scummy. Still not as scummy as Dry or Jak, but you're worth lynching.

The Fonz wrote:2) Yes, obviously, Wraith could not have been rolefishing since the post where Wraith asked that followed you claiming your role. It comes off more as thinking out loud (How can he be vig when there's only two kills?)

I actually disagree with this entirely--it is still rolefishing, just not rolefishing on Ghosty in particular. The obv answer to your parenthetical question is that there is a confirmed doc in the setup, so what point is there to Wraith asking that exact question from a pro-town standpoint? Wraith should still be on your radar.

muffin wrote:If there's a particular read you want from me, or a particular in-game event I need to comment on, ask.

Everytime a player says this, a kitten dies, and I think a little bit more that they are scum (the player, not the kitten...though the kitten might be too.)

Finally,
V/LA for the weekend. Will be back Sunday evening or sometime on Monday.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 837, DarthYoshi wrote:Emp, what do you mean "fleet around the small wagons?" I've never heard this expression before. :S If you're saying what I think you're saying, then I agree, this was NOT a pro-town vote from PV.

Going from small wagon to small wagon.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Wraith »

DY wrote:I actually disagree with this entirely--it is still rolefishing, just not rolefishing on Ghosty in particular. The obv answer to your parenthetical question is that there is a confirmed doc in the setup, so what point is there to Wraith asking that exact question from a pro-town standpoint? Wraith should still be on your radar.

Well if you noticed Ghostlin replied to my post saying "MoI probably Doc'd a target" and that's pretty much what I assumed happened.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Then why ask?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Wraith »

No, I assumed that's what happened because he suggested it, and it was a sensible conclusion
Show

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Why did you ask the question in the first place?
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Global Warming »

I'm back
In post 772, Wraith wrote:
In post 771, sorgster wrote:Also, there are probably some people here who are only looking for one scumteam instead of two. There is a reason for that.

Personally I don't care which scumteam is which until I get a damn scumflip. So I'm just looking for "scum"

I can't help but thinking this is something that scum would say.
Why were you thinking about answering sorgster in this? Seriously, there is no need to answer this at all.
It seems awfully lot like you felt like you had to emphasize your opinion you want to show but not really am.

This is why Jack is scum.
He shows with this post that he is online, but refuses to scumhunt or participate in any way.
He needs to be lynched.

AlabaskaJ's catch-up post is good.
Wraith town read got to null because of the slip above.
Jack still needs to be lynched

- CS
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Magua »

Dry-fit prodded.

Vote Count 2.11

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

TheJakalope (8): Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia, DarthYoshi, Oversoul, Alabaska J, Maxous
Dry-Fit (6): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2, David Xanatos, sorgster, Empking's Alt
BBmolla (3): Wraith, Dry-fit, PeregrineV

V/LA: TheJakalope (10/24), DarthYoshi (10/24)

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Dry-fit lurking through crunch time? Who would have thought?
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 845, The Fonz wrote:Dry-fit lurking through crunch time? Who would have thought?

+1
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:39 am

Post by StefanB »

Alabaska: I think your catchuppost is helpful, but to put it simple:

Day 1: Bogre: StefanB is scum with Otalia.
Alabaska: I agree with that. (Used the Fos)

Day 2: Alabaska: StefanB isn't sure not scum with Otalia.

Is somethink that you should explain, imho. Read can chance but that was (perhabs exagarating a little) the only point of note, trough the second part of day 1. (so a 180 is strange) The still scumread is for me more of an afterthought.

Why do I make such a point of you doing nothink (exagerating a little) since your vote. When your wagon is dead you do somethink as townie.
Just answer me one question, if you were suspicious enough of me to FOS me, why no vote, exspecially if you didn't know where your vote was.
I am not critizing you for not voting IceGuy, I am critisizing you for not voting me, if you were suspicious. Have a problem with questioning of suspects?
For Yos, well since the alternative to IceGuy was a no-lynch, that was not somethink antitown. I am not completly sure of his aligment yet, but post 831 sounded very much like a flipflop on your former Yosattack, a weak one besides. (Yes didn't like that post at all)

Don't like the Peregrinecase on BBMolla.

Sorgsters ISO 29-32 is striking because before he didn't strike me as so bad. (exect at the beginning)
Dry-Fit and TJ not posting anythink while they are the leadwaggon is striking.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 847, StefanB wrote:Dry-Fit and TJ not posting anythink while they are the leadwaggon is striking.

TJ's on V/La
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

VOTE: dry-fit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”