Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

Ok, so this is the scummy activity I could find on Elias

In post 125, Elias_the_thief wrote:

The first point about activity is pretty wack. I lurk as town, especially if I don't think I'll be able to post something worthwhile until I have more time to think about what to say. Perhaps in my other games I'm more into the game and don't need to do a lot of thinking to post coherently and effectively, while this game contains a lot fo new information which has to be digested and processed. Just a hypothetical that often applies to my own game-to-game lurking. Its a poor argument and one that I think should be disallowed, but that's neither here nor there. I don't consider "being defensive" a scumtell

This is telling to me. Was in reference to Senjai being lurkerish, but he defends it by then ranting on about how he likes to play lurkerish, couple this with comments like 'IN MY OTHER GAMES I'M MORE INTO THE GAME' and 'I DON'T CONSIDER BEING DEFENSIVE AS A SCUMTELL'. It's not a huge tell, but when someone waffles on about how they are planning to be lurkerish, tries to defend that position, and then finishes up with 'its ok to be defensive' (guilty conscience) it seems somewhat scummerish.

In post 325, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 300, ChaosOmega wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:You shouldn't worry too much right now though, I'm more interested in a Chaos lynch.

In your first real post, you said that Benmage came off scummier than me, so either him essentially active lurking for a week you thought was an improvement in his play, or I've recently done something to make you think I'm scum. I'll give you some credit and assume the latter, but I'd like to see your case against me.

Trust me, BM hasn't done anything impressive today. But upon rereading I noticed subtle things in your argumentation that I really don't like. Not enough to make me certain you're scum. I already tried typing this post up once and lost it, so apologies if its a little under-developed.

@BM
- A lot of the evasiveness comes from the fact that you've commented on very little of the actual game. I understand you're catching up and all, but you've given us essentially nothing so far as your reads on players besides Chaos. Your incremental catch-up posts are useless if you don't give any information in them besides a few cryptic comments. Who's scum?

And then, accuses someone else of being lurkerish when he just defended another player and himself on lurkerism.

In post 555, Elias_the_thief wrote:So wait...why aren't we lynching Vijay? After the votecount shows up that's where my votes headed.

In post 568, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 556, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 555, Elias_the_thief wrote:So wait...why aren't we lynching Vijay? After the votecount shows up that's where my votes headed.

He claimed cop.
He claimed innocent result on Chaos last night.
There is a vote count 2 posts above yours.

So...why aren't we lynching Vijay? I don't buy full cop + 1-shot cop, especially not with three neighbors. 1-shot cop would make sense, full cop wouldn't. Both most definitely wouldn't.

VOTE: Vijay

P.S. There wasn't a vote count when I made the quoted post, only a placeholder from DV. Thanks for the sass though, keeps it interesting.

In post 564, PeregrineV wrote:If Vijay is scum, why would he clear Chaos? Why not clear me? You know, if we're scum together.

Consider the possibility that he had just watched his claim go up in flames with the NK and perhaps didn't want to make his partner completely obvious. This is such a shitty argument for your innocence it hurts.

This is what I think you are talking about ben. Wants to bus vijay but is nervous that he might have hammered, and skims through without seeing the VC. I'm not sure if the whole placeholder thing was true or not, I wasn't on at the time, but if there is a placeholder dude, I would be assuming a votecount is coming along pretty soon.

Is all I found.

Om's reaction last night seemed genuine, and from my experience town are usually more heated in arguments than scum. Not always the case, but Om didn't seem to be faking it. I need to reassess my claim on him, as I got more and more confident he was scum as we were arguing, and I am pretty sure it was motivated by OMGUS. That being said, his pigeon holing of me and defiance to read the rest of the thread bothers me.

The case on Elias seems considerable, but nothing amazing. I'm still not sure if this is what you were getting at benmage.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 4.04

TeChNoWC (2)- Om of the Nom, ChaosOmega
Beyond_Birthday (1)- Slandaar
Elias_the_thief (1)- Benmage
ChaosOmega (1)- BK201
Benmage (1)- TeChNoWC

Not voting: Beyond_Birthday, Elias_the_thief

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Prods

Elias_the_thief- In around 2 hours.

Deadline

4th June, 5pm AEST

V/LA for ~48 hours. Long day at uni tomorrow followed by no internet access.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Slandaar »

Tech is town
Om is town
Ben town
Chaos prob town
BK is townish

BB/Elias are scum

Easy game.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Hi everyone. My RL blew up in my face recently and thats the reason for my lack of posting. I'm going to post now but then probably won't have the ability to until Sunday or Monday. Then I should be back up and running. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In post 825, TeChNoWC wrote:Ok, so this is the scummy activity I could find on Elias

In post 125, Elias_the_thief wrote:

The first point about activity is pretty wack. I lurk as town, especially if I don't think I'll be able to post something worthwhile until I have more time to think about what to say. Perhaps in my other games I'm more into the game and don't need to do a lot of thinking to post coherently and effectively, while this game contains a lot fo new information which has to be digested and processed. Just a hypothetical that often applies to my own game-to-game lurking. Its a poor argument and one that I think should be disallowed, but that's neither here nor there. I don't consider "being defensive" a scumtell

This is telling to me. Was in reference to Senjai being lurkerish, but he defends it by then ranting on about how he likes to play lurkerish, couple this with comments like 'IN MY OTHER GAMES I'M MORE INTO THE GAME' and 'I DON'T CONSIDER BEING DEFENSIVE AS A SCUMTELL'. It's not a huge tell, but when someone waffles on about how they are planning to be lurkerish, tries to defend that position, and then finishes up with 'its ok to be defensive' (guilty conscience) it seems somewhat scummerish.

How did I waffle on "planning to be lurkerish"? The entire paragraph was a hypothetical, meant to illustrate that lurking is not necessarily a scum tell. I see far too many day 1 lurker lynches that flip town. It is my consistent standpoint that lurking is not a valid tell unless combined with other factors, and I wasn't trying to defend that position, I was succeeding in defending that position. And further, being defensive is not a scumtell. I haven't changed my signature in several years and it says right there, under things that are not a scumtell: being defensive. I could show you games in which I went into hyper-defensive mode as town and pulled the win out, if you really want, because defensiveness is a key component of my town play. These are both consistent standpoints of mine, and if you want to argue about the theory we can do that someday, but calling these tells is either contrived or stupid.

In post 825, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 325, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 300, ChaosOmega wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:You shouldn't worry too much right now though, I'm more interested in a Chaos lynch.

In your first real post, you said that Benmage came off scummier than me, so either him essentially active lurking for a week you thought was an improvement in his play, or I've recently done something to make you think I'm scum. I'll give you some credit and assume the latter, but I'd like to see your case against me.

Trust me, BM hasn't done anything impressive today. But upon rereading I noticed subtle things in your argumentation that I really don't like. Not enough to make me certain you're scum. I already tried typing this post up once and lost it, so apologies if its a little under-developed.

@BM
- A lot of the evasiveness comes from the fact that you've commented on very little of the actual game. I understand you're catching up and all, but you've given us essentially nothing so far as your reads on players besides Chaos. Your incremental catch-up posts are useless if you don't give any information in them besides a few cryptic comments. Who's scum?

And then, accuses someone else of being lurkerish when he just defended another player and himself on lurkerism.

How exactly am I accusing him of anything here? I am asking him for reads because he hasn't given any. He was lurking, yes, but I never accused him, nor did I even mention lurking in that post...

In post 568, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 556, PeregrineV wrote:

He claimed cop.
He claimed innocent result on Chaos last night.
There is a vote count 2 posts above yours.

So...why aren't we lynching Vijay? I don't buy full cop + 1-shot cop, especially not with three neighbors. 1-shot cop would make sense, full cop wouldn't. Both most definitely wouldn't.

VOTE: Vijay

P.S. There wasn't a vote count when I made the quoted post, only a placeholder from DV. Thanks for the sass though, keeps it interesting.

In post 564, PeregrineV wrote:If Vijay is scum, why would he clear Chaos? Why not clear me? You know, if we're scum together.

Consider the possibility that he had just watched his claim go up in flames with the NK and perhaps didn't want to make his partner completely obvious. This is such a shitty argument for your innocence it hurts.

This is what I think you are talking about ben. Wants to bus vijay but is nervous that he might have hammered, and skims through without seeing the VC. I'm not sure if the whole placeholder thing was true or not, I wasn't on at the time, but if there is a placeholder dude, I would be assuming a votecount is coming along pretty soon.

So I want to bus him, but I'm nervous to hammer him? Why would I be nervous about that if my intention is to lynch him? The placeholder point is ridiculous. Its common practice for mods to create placeholders when they want their count to be at a certain place on the page. Some mods take much longer than others to fill in the count. I don't see how lying about a votecount's existence would even benefit me as scum. Why wouldn't I just not mention it and then say I forgot it, if I was trying to be sneaky?

The case on Elias seems considerable, but nothing amazing. I'm still not sure if this is what you were getting at benmage.

The case that you presented is essentially you disagree with my theoretical views on scumtells. And that apparently I was afraid to hammer someone that I was supposedly bussing...right. Did it occur to you that I was the only one supporting the Vijay lynch consistently when everyone backed off of it? Do you really think I would go out of my way, against ALL OF THE TOWN, to unnecessarily bus Vijay, who miraculously was being allowed to sit cheeky even after his claim was exposed? How would that possibly be an intelligent thing to do as scum?

Also, if BM had a real case against me, he would've posted it instead of sending you all on a scavenger hunt to do his work for him. After the weekend I should be able to tell you who was actually Vijay's partner. Hint:
In post 503, ChaosOmega wrote:
Benmage wrote:Zero. Lynch the lying scum.

It's not impossible. I skimmed through the archives and I found a couple games with a cop and a JOAT, which is better than cop + 1-shot cop. My gut read on him is town for right now.

PeregrineV, on the other hand, needs to be killed like yesterday.
I play the games rul gud.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 9:56 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Elias_the_thief wrote:The entire paragraph was a hypothetical

Except for the fact that you have been lurking for a majority of this game, which makes it read as more of a defense.

Elias_the_thief wrote:meant to illustrate that lurking is not necessarily a scum tell. I see far too many day 1 lurker lynches that flip town.

Yeah, probability would dictate most day 1 lynches are town. That doesn't illustrate your point at all.

Elias_the_thief wrote:I could show you games in which I went into hyper-defensive mode as town and pulled the win out, if you really want, because defensiveness is a key component of my town play.

What about lurking and waffling on your reads?

Elias_the_thief wrote:How exactly am I accusing him of anything here? I am asking him for reads because he hasn't given any. He was lurking, yes, but I never accused him, nor did I even mention lurking in that post...

You quoted me where I said he was lurking and agreed his play hasn't been great. That's implicitly saying you believe Benmage was lurking.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Why would I be nervous about that if my intention is to lynch him?

If your intention was to lynch him, why were you concerned about the votecount at the time? Why not just vote him?

Elias_the_thief wrote:The case that you presented is essentially you disagree with my theoretical views on scumtells.

Straw man.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Also, if BM had a real case against me, he would've posted it instead of sending you all on a scavenger hunt to do his work for him. After the weekend I should be able to tell you who was actually Vijay's partner. Hint:

So if Benmage had a real case, he would have posted it, which is you implying he doesn't have a case. What should I think when you do the same thing?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm

In post 829, ChaosOmega wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:The entire paragraph was a hypothetical

Except for the fact that you have been lurking for a majority of this game, which makes it read as more of a defense.

I don't believe there was a wagon or even consensus that I was scummy for lurking at the time I posted this. If it makes you feel better to call it a defense, go ahead. I was making a point that I lurk as town and scum, to show that I don't think lurking is a tell, and that I didn't buy the case on Senjai. Whether mentioning my meta of lurking should be considered a defense is pretty irrelevant; its a fact that I lurk on both sides of the game. Look into my game history. I wasn't under attack though, so I really don't see the point you're driving at here.

Elias_the_thief wrote:meant to illustrate that lurking is not necessarily a scum tell. I see far too many day 1 lurker lynches that flip town.

Yeah, probability would dictate most day 1 lynches are town. That doesn't illustrate your point at all.

I said lurker lynches. As in specifically players that were lynched because they were lurking and town believed that was enough for a day one lynch. Its true that town is statistically lynched day one more often. And its also true that I've seen many players lynched solely for lurking and come up town. Do you truly believe that lurking is a legitimate scumtell? If so, explain why you think its reliable, and why it is a move indicative of scum.

Elias_the_thief wrote:I could show you games in which I went into hyper-defensive mode as town and pulled the win out, if you really want, because defensiveness is a key component of my town play.

What about lurking and waffling on your reads?

Lurking, yes. I can certainly post examples of games where I lurked heavily as town. I don't see why you can't be bothered to do the research yourself if you're town. But where the hell does waffling on reads come from? When did I "waffle" my reads?

Elias_the_thief wrote:How exactly am I accusing him of anything here? I am asking him for reads because he hasn't given any. He was lurking, yes, but I never accused him, nor did I even mention lurking in that post...

You quoted me where I said he was lurking and agreed his play hasn't been great. That's implicitly saying you believe Benmage was lurking.

No, its not at all. Agreeing that a player has been playing poorly is not the same as agreeing with everything that a person has said about another player. That's a fucking ridiculous claim. And whether I said he was lurking or not is irrelevant. I'm not denying the existence of lurking; I'm saying its not a reliable scum tell without other evidence. I asked him to provide reads, because none existed. I was not calling him scummy for lurking.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Why would I be nervous about that if my intention is to lynch him?

If your intention was to lynch him, why were you concerned about the votecount at the time? Why not just vote him?

That's exactly my point. I was accused of trying to bus him, and that would necessitate me wanting him lynched. So I'm saying, why would I ask for a votecount if it was just a bus? I asked for a votecount because I didn't want him lynched immediately, before we could get more information out of the situation. Now, granted, you can say that I would've done that to look town, but saying that asking for a votecount is a scumtell is utterly ridiculous. Its nothing but a null tell.

Elias_the_thief wrote:The case that you presented is essentially you disagree with my theoretical views on scumtells.

Straw man.

No, this is not a straw man. If I had ignored the meat of his argument and only said this quoted section, it would be. What really happened is I systematically went through and showed why all his points were getting at something that is a theoretical standpoint of mine. Lurking and defensiveness are both parts of my play (not that I'm proud of it) and he accused of being scummy for defensiveness and lurking.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Also, if BM had a real case against me, he would've posted it instead of sending you all on a scavenger hunt to do his work for him. After the weekend I should be able to tell you who was actually Vijay's partner. Hint:

So if Benmage had a real case, he would have posted it, which is you implying he doesn't have a case. What should I think when you do the same thing?

I meant that I plan to go through and build a case over the weekend, not necessarily on you, but on anyone who supported the possibility that Vijay was actually the cop. That specific post is an example of you uncharacteristically supporting a very VERY unlikely scenario, that just so happened to be in defense of a flipped scum. The difference is I gave you a specific post, and a specific tell I'm looking for. He just said to look into my ISO, without even mentioning a post number or any specific votecount.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

@Elias: What are your reads of everyone in the game and why?
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

I don't think both scum players are lurkers. If Elias and I are the only two low posting individuals (we're not, as Slandaar's post don't rack up well either), then this is a fact for me.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by BK201 »

After re-reading the dead players, I'm alright with the idea of all town neighbors. Partially b/c Vjay was very for lynching them.
BB lynch seems good. DLG and CodeX were both on to him.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: BB
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

@Elias

You say you are a defensive player and its not a scumtell, but what surprises me is how little you have posted recently or scumhunted, or given reads since... well, D2 really. You had vijay as a scumread and you did seem to stay consistent with this, but you never actually pushed it aggressively (not a scumtell by any means, but leading up to my point). But as soon as I posted a somewhat lose display of scumreads on you (though they are more telling than you seem to concur, and I disagree with your defences, and agree with Chaos rebuttals), you instantly seemed to engage more with the thread. Now all of a sudden you are posting line by line critiques of people's arguments, and giving promises of in-depth scumreads. Why now and not before you were receiving flak?

That seems more than sheer lurkerism to me. That seems like lurkerism to hide one's scumminess, and whether you deny it or not, you seemed unwilling to want to hammer vijay, even though you were confident he was scum.

Need to re-examine my reads. Benmage, you haven't given me an answer. What is your opinion of Chaos? And what is your opinion of the neighbourhood argument, since before you attested that there almost has to be scum in the neighbourhood? Why the sudden change and what did you think of Chaos on PV's flip?

@BB I'm not sure I'm reading your post right, but did you just refer to yourself as 'I don't think I'm scum'?

Anyway, the case on BB seems thin and there is no way a BB lynch should happen when the two people voting for him have one-lined answers as to why he is scum. Any other reasons for the vote people?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 12:17 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 832, Beyond_Birthday wrote:I don't think both scum players are lurkers. If Elias and I are the only two low posting individuals (we're not, as Slandaar's post don't rack up well either), then this is a fact for me.

ITT: BB just admits he is scum and Elias isn't.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 4:48 am

In post 834, TeChNoWC wrote:@Elias

You say you are a defensive player and its not a scumtell, but what surprises me is how little you have posted recently or scumhunted, or given reads since... well, D2 really. You had vijay as a scumread and you did seem to stay consistent with this, but you never actually pushed it aggressively (not a scumtell by any means, but leading up to my point).

Um...I asked more than once why we weren't lynching him when NO ONE seemed to care how scummy his claim was, explained why he was scummy, and voted him. That's more aggressive pushing than you've done all game.

In post 834, TeChNoWC wrote:
But as soon as I posted a somewhat lose display of scumreads on you (though they are more telling than you seem to concur, and I disagree with your defences, and agree with Chaos rebuttals), you instantly seemed to engage more with the thread. Now all of a sudden you are posting line by line critiques of people's arguments, and giving promises of in-depth scumreads. Why now and not before you were receiving flak?

Look, I already explained that my RL life just blew up. I'm going out of town this weekend but I had received a prod. I came to post purely to avoid replacement. I noticed that there were three separate people who had declared me scum (you, Slandaar, and Chaos). So I rebutted the arguments that I could find. Look, this is an old argument that I see all the time and its shit and its not telling and everytime I've been lynched for this sort of rubbish I've been town.

That seems more than sheer lurkerism to me. That seems like lurkerism to hide one's scumminess, and whether you deny it or not, you seemed unwilling to want to hammer vijay, even though you were confident he was scum.

I was confident he was scum, yes, but I also didn't want the day to end prematurely. How is that scummy? Were I Vijay's partner, it would make no sense for me to go out of my way to bring him back into the town's focus, let alone try to bus him when he wasn't even being considered for a lynch. If I WAS trying to bus him, why ask for a votecount? Either the vote lynches him or it doesn't but either way it wouldn't matter if I were bussing him. I'm a pretty good scum player and its insulting that you think I wouldn't bus convincingly.

I'm going out of town for Memorial weekend. In fact I've been typing this as I pack. We have a flipped scum and you think his partner is the guy who showed consistent support for his lynch when no one else did. Right. I hope by the time I get back someone's done some real scum hunting so I won't be the only one.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 5:09 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 836, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 834, TeChNoWC wrote:@Elias

You say you are a defensive player and its not a scumtell, but what surprises me is how little you have posted recently or scumhunted, or given reads since... well, D2 really. You had vijay as a scumread and you did seem to stay consistent with this, but you never actually pushed it aggressively (not a scumtell by any means, but leading up to my point).

Um...I asked more than once why we weren't lynching him when NO ONE seemed to care how scummy his claim was, explained why he was scummy, and voted him. That's more aggressive pushing than you've done all game.

But as soon as I posted a somewhat lose display of scumreads on you (though they are more telling than you seem to concur, and I disagree with your defences, and agree with Chaos rebuttals), you instantly seemed to engage more with the thread. Now all of a sudden you are posting line by line critiques of people's arguments, and giving promises of in-depth scumreads. Why now and not before you were receiving flak?

Look, I already explained that my RL life just blew up. I'm going out of town this weekend but I had received a prod. I came to post purely to avoid replacement. I noticed that there were three separate people who had declared me scum (you, Slandaar, and Chaos). So I rebutted the arguments that I could find. Look, this is an old argument that I see all the time and its shit and its not telling and everytime I've been lynched for this sort of rubbish I've been town.

I was confident he was scum, yes, but I also didn't want the day to end prematurely. How is that scummy? Were I Vijay's partner, it would make no sense for me to go out of my way to bring him back into the town's focus, let alone try to bus him when he wasn't even being considered for a lynch. If I WAS trying to bus him, why ask for a votecount? Either the vote lynches him or it doesn't but either way it wouldn't matter if I were bussing him. I'm a pretty good scum player and its insulting that you think I wouldn't bus convincingly.

I'm going out of town for Memorial weekend. In fact I've been typing this as I pack. We have a flipped scum and you think his partner is the guy who showed consistent support for his lynch when no one else did. Right. I hope by the time I get back someone's done some real scum hunting so I won't be the only one.

1. But you are the one claiming you had a super confident scumread, not me. I eventually felt confident that vijay was definitely scum, and I made it happen, so I would say I was pretty aggressive in line with my level of confidence in my scumreads.
2. I'm sorry to hear, and apologise if I was insensitive to this (didn't make the connection that RL meant real life lol, I thought you were referring to some actual device that literally blew up, eg some form of router or something :P ) but it doesn't change the fact you've gone from lurker to posting alot in defence, claiming you will give scumreads and not giving any other than your read on Chaos. But ok, that does make more sense; but if you can find time please elaborate on your other scumreads, plus any other reasons you find Chaos scummy etc.
3. I never accused you of not being a good player. Bussing is never obvious until someone flips, and even then a lot of silly things can be construed as bussing. It's your adamancy + hesitancy that worries me. Town can be either or, or even sometimes both; but it's just slightly more likely for scum to be both. It's still a tell, and claiming that you are a 'good scum player' doesn't mean I should overlook it.
4. I'm not the one who necessarily thinks you are scum, I just suspect that you could be. Nearly everyone has received flak at the moment as suspected scum, and most people have been scumhunting more than you, so I can't see why you would think you are the only one doing 'proper' scumhunting. Everyone needs to be considered and analysed, particularly in their connection to vijay, or scum are going to slip through and win. Making the right decision at this stage is crucial.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 835, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 832, Beyond_Birthday wrote:I don't think both scum players are lurkers. If Elias and I are the only two low posting individuals (we're not, as Slandaar's post don't rack up well either), then this is a fact for me.

ITT: BB just admits he is scum and Elias isn't.

I still can't get my head around what he was trying to say, but that's what it seemed like :igmeou:

You scum, BB?
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am

Post by BK201 »

Look at asher's posts. Look at where he votes BB and tell me if you guys think he was busing. needs to be examined.
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Will post tonight
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I like how Elias didn't answer my question.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:10 am

Post by Slandaar »

BK makes a good point

hrm
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

Na

He makes a post about BB votes him then never says another word about him, he didnt really want the lynch ie buddies.

Leave the town to fight about neighbours get some distancing in...

Read through Vijay, he kinda throws BB's name in occasionally as scum but never says anything about him.

BB is scum.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

VOTE: BB
BB LYNCH, GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO.

ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

We lynching Beyond_Birthday? Cool.

unvote, vote: Beyond_Birthday

L-1, by the way.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Do you truly believe that lurking is a legitimate scumtell? If so, explain why you think its reliable, and why it is a move indicative of scum.

Yes. Lurking is depriving the town of information. It makes it harder for the town to get your reads, and it makes it harder for the town to read you. Both of these are more beneficial for scum than town.

Elias_the_thief wrote:No, its not at all. Agreeing that a player has been playing poorly is not the same as agreeing with everything that a person has said about another player.

Except the only thing I said about Benmage was his lurking, and you agreed. So what exactly did you agree to?

Elias_the_thief wrote:I asked for a votecount because I didn't want him lynched immediately, before we could get more information out of the situation.

Didn't want him lynched immediately? He had 1 vote on him when you posted that. It wasn't even fucking close. Are you even paying attention to this game?

Elias_the_thief wrote:Lurking and defensiveness are both parts of my play (not that I'm proud of it) and he accused of being scummy for defensiveness and lurking.

Accusing you of being a lurker and being defensive as his reasoning for you being scummy isn't the same thing as him disagreeing with your theoretical views on scumtells, and for you to word it like that seems like it just serves for you to discredit his argument.

Elias_the_thief wrote:Lurking, yes. I can certainly post examples of games where I lurked heavily as town. I don't see why you can't be bothered to do the research yourself if you're town. But where the hell does waffling on reads come from? When did I "waffle" my reads?

As for the first part, because I don't really give a shit how you've played in previous games. The fact that you have the balls to say that lurking is your town meta just tells me that you're not very good at being town. Now if you lurk as town and post a lot as scum, that would be really stupid but I suppose would give you a valid meta defense.

As for the second part, you went from defending Senjai with your first real post in this game to having him be in your top 3 for scum later in the day without posting anything else on him in-between. You had a discussion with Timeater D1, at the end of it, you said his answers sounded genuine and unvoted him, listed him as scummy afterwards without mentioning him in-between.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Probably Slandaar and either BK because he went missing your you/Ben on logic.

Not sure if 3 town villagers, but I feel slandaar is most likely scum.

I also see the case on elias, but I don't think he's scum. I don't think it's the worst pick, but I highly prefer a lynch of slandaar.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Probably Slandaar and either BK because he went missing your you/Ben on logic.

Not sure if 3 town villagers, but I feel slandaar is most likely scum.

I also see the case on elias, but I don't think he's scum. I don't think it's the worst pick, but I highly prefer a lynch of slandaar.
Show
6-4-1
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Why is Slandaar scum?

BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by BK201 »

UNVOTE: Believe he was at L-1. Don't want a hammer before BB explains his reads better.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”