Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 756, skitter30 wrote:math, am i in a retaliatory OMGUS scumread tunnel thing?
when you're around can you answer this? i'm trying not to do the whole obsessive-tunnel thing that tends to ruin gamestates if i'm like seeing things that aren't here
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 288, the worst wrote:Gemini asked people to elaborate when reading!me was like "yeah I'm not totally sure I see those reads" which was a solid start. her commentary on your comnon sense defence of rvs math was good too (this game pwned rvs)

considering how young this game is I think I've pretty much seen what I'd expect from town!you if that makes sense? like its not a strong read lol, what makes you ask?
My bad; I didn't realize what this was in response to before
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by the worst »

(:
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

been deliberating over this for some time, but
@mod: replace me. Also, can I choose to proxy to Keyser until I am replaced?

I really like the flavor of this game, so I’m ashamed I have to do this. If this was my only game, I’d be able to keep up with it, but it’s not. I have another account that I am also playing games on, and i got much going on irl. finding it extremely difficult and as sacrificing too much of my time to keep up with this thread and balance it with other games i’m in rn, but i will make a parting statement. I feel like there’s way too much thread spamming going on, whoever is town should really consider posting less content because there’s way too much unnecessary content being posted in the thread, and it can’t all be from scum. Further, the content is distracting from catching scum.

DEAR WHOEVER REPLACES ME: ONE MISSION; LOOK INTO WHO DIDN’T RESPOND TO MY QUESTIONS, PLEASE!

UNVOTE: Irrelephant

PS(parting statement): KEYSER IS TOWN NO MATTER WHAT; my strongest TR has never EVER been wrong regardless of my own alignment. It has resulted in me replacing into a game on N1 and correctly neighbouring a town player AFTER A D1 scum lynch, and taking full advantage of it to eventually win a game for town in LYLO, so you can trust this read with your life. There’s a definite chance shoshin is scum, but regarding keyser DON’T FALL FOR THE SHIT OTHERS ARE FEEDING YOU RE: HIS READ. SOMEBODY IS ACTIVELY TRYING TO PLANT SEEDS OF DOUBT HIM, AND IT’S WORKING TOO!

/legacy post
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 796, Momrangal wrote:
In post 753, Irrelephant11 wrote:Ugh Nauci you’re sounding towny sometimes but you keep calling for my lynch and it doesn’t feel like you actually think I’m scum you just want me lynched and I want us both to be town but we’re never gonna be able to work together if we are, are we
I highly doubt this is something scum would say to someone they are scum reading/trying to lynch.

I also disagree and alot of her posts have alot of words and doesn't seem to really do anything or take much of a stance even when she kinda does. Though it is very stream of consciousness so
Even w/o knowing Irrelephant, I'm not seeing how this pinged you as town?

WRT my posts, yes, a lot of them are stream of consciousness because I tend to make lots of posts addressing individual points and occasional listicles where all of the things I am taking into account are coagulated into reads. Like I've said multiple times, even when I'm not ready to make a reads post I respond to things addressed to me or other noteworthy items.

I treat mafia like a courtroom and like I'm presenting evidence/data points; I don't like to just state MOMRANGAL GIVES ME BAD VIBES GET ON THIS WAGON or something. I think that if town all see the same set of data, we can draw better conclusions.
In post 809, Momrangal wrote:Also, I feel like everyone has made a decision on duck based on his pred replacing out.

Sure it was weird, but Gemini was engaging before she ghosted. It doesn't seem like no one had taken into consideration that she replaced out because of IRL reasons and it didn't seem like anyone looked for proof in other games she might be in.

That being said, duck has 30 pages to read to catch up on and that's not an easy feat
I think this is a very bad faith post. I remember several people commenting on the worst's posting, I specifically wrote about him and my experiences/read of his meta (I don't think I even commented on his predecessor), and BS wrote a whole meta schpiel about his play. I can't tell if you're selectively reading or deliberately misrepping.
In post 814, the worst wrote:uh pardon me since when do you know me well enough that you can tell what's fake from me? o.0
Trick question you're always bullshitting :lol:
In post 819, the worst wrote:don't give me that phoney AtE crap. if you think it's fake tell me why you think it's fake. the fact you're trying to call me out on a personality thing when you don't know me is g r o s s

but also most of the player list just feels totally resigned with my lunch. like if I was revealed as IC where would people even go?
You'll notice that several of us moved our votes off of you. I was waiting for these purported effort posts down the pipe, and what we're getting is just garbage defensive posts and I'm not sure how I AM NOT A CROOK is going to help you out here.
In post 821, Bernie Sanders wrote:I'd look to invisibility, also maybe gamma or even the NSG slot (mostly on a poe basis).

I think if you're town you should try to talk about or case who you think is most likely scum here and convince or work us through your thoughts rather than why people should stop focusing on you.
^This is a good post.

Aww Stun I am sads :< It was fun playing with you!

This game has some great players but it's frustrating to try and scumhunt w/ quite a few lurkers/absent players.

@brassherald If it takes a long time to find replacements, can we get an extension?
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

viewtopic.php?p=10253726#p10253726
OMFG I just have to say this is the best hammer I've ever seen :giggle:
Still feeling the Bern in 2018
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

later stungun

I kinda started ignoring you at some point but want to say I think you did good here by making yourself extremely readable I think (assuming I've not made what would have be a catastrophic miscalculation but even that would be something to congratulate from you), ideally now we just need a nachomamma or RC to get in the slot for the ultimate mecha combination... (not NSGs slot though god forbid)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by the worst »

D3 hammer was gr8 too
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

Man TW you're like definition active lurking :(

Do you really think nauci is scum here?

can you summarize why?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm like 15 pages of splotchy reading behind but Nauci is not feeling like town!Nauci.

if I was active lurking as scum I'd go closer to the prodge range, as much as I love charismatic spamming it is an awful strat when you want to be townread. :P
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

I mean I'm telling you that if you're town (and possibly just regardless) I'd probably look to invis or gamma if you have no idea where to start

IDK what you're trying to do at all

not scumhunting individually but I also don't think looking at what townreads are saying or even like mathdino (who I'd assume his reads should be very interesting for you even if scumspect)

I just don't know what by what process you got to your given reads or pretty much anything i can really try to follow or gauge
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

I don't really understand the thought process by which someone doesn't read pages but refreshes and keeps interest in the thread
if you're scum okay reading doesn't actually matter but if town idk
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by the worst »

:( dude...
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

out of curiosity what would make you interested and/or read the game? would you say it's the pressure putting you off?
I think you do have the time granted your presence (basically you've been here spending that same time anyways)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm staying in touch with the current goings on because falling out of touch means I have MORE critical rereading to do and I hate critical rereading

also this is like time while bored at work, so cognisant loosely of current gamestate but also don't have the consistent time/energy/inclination to try and do a solid catchup in few-minute blocks.

like I'm happy to start mastina wallposting if you want but the quality will he substantially lower than if I do it my way :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by the worst »

I'd be surprised if this surprises you actually, it's literally playstyle clarification
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I have to go to bed but this wagon is pretty overdue by now
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by the worst »

Gn friend o/
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 839, the worst wrote:I'm staying in touch with the current goings on because falling out of touch means I have MORE critical rereading to do and I hate critical rereading

also this is like time while bored at work, so cognisant loosely of current gamestate but also don't have the consistent time/energy/inclination to try and do a solid catchup in few-minute blocks.

like I'm happy to start mastina wallposting if you want but the quality will he substantially lower than if I do it my way :P
why wallpost if not up to speed what does it accomplish
idk read the entire game then give stances at the end it doesnt matter
this really hasn't been a particularly big or active game to keep track of
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by the worst »

that comment was irony tinted, I'm gonna play my way.

basically I'm not sure what you want to get from me out of this convo. like its fairly normal for me to keep up activity itt even when I'm behind in reading and I haven't had the energy for a decent catchup. Sorry
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

I do just want to say out of the game if you're town and scum is my other reads I am sorry for giving you such a hard time

on one hand this is might be approaching the most effort I've put into trying to be open minded or charitable on a read thus far (VS writing off and not including where I just ignore reads to give them space)
but I do recognize at least in terms of effort you've put forward more than gamma emerald and invisibility here (though invisibility ironically still probably has more stances) so it is possible I've been unfair. I just think your posting so far is way more likely from you having a scum game approach and I feel like there's more sample size backing it up now
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by the worst »

I don't dislike your continued push on me much, I just think you're caught up on playstyle stuff. this is normal catch up me I think? have a look at gunner mafia (large theme) if that's a decent comparison. I literally skipped like 40 pages of that game because I was entertaining family from overseas and managed to come back with SHEER VIRTUE OF TOWNINESS later :P

you're still town though and this conversation is townie from you, I just think you're reading too much into me.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 844, the worst wrote:that comment was irony tinted, I'm gonna play my way.

basically I'm not sure what you want to get from me out of this convo. like its fairly normal for me to keep up activity itt even when I'm behind in reading and I haven't had the energy for a decent catchup. Sorry
IDK

If I have limited energy I don't even bother doing mini catchups I just read or even skim if necessary until I find a lead that feels interesting to ME
though even without catching up at all, ask other people to do it for you even, something has to stand out or grab your focus at some point I think
to some extent my problem is what I'm using to try to understand your POV are some of my underlying assumptions of why people as town people play the game to begin with and your play seems to contradict them

I really should be off by now though so later
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by the worst »

again this sounds eerily like playstyle differences

goodnight :>
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 828, stungun0404 wrote:been deliberating over this for some time, but
@mod: replace me. Also, can I choose to proxy to Keyser until I am replaced?

I really like the flavor of this game, so I’m ashamed I have to do this. If this was my only game, I’d be able to keep up with it, but it’s not. I have another account that I am also playing games on, and i got much going on irl. finding it extremely difficult and as sacrificing too much of my time to keep up with this thread and balance it with other games i’m in rn, but i will make a parting statement. I feel like there’s way too much thread spamming going on, whoever is town should really consider posting less content because there’s way too much unnecessary content being posted in the thread, and it can’t all be from scum. Further, the content is distracting from catching scum.

DEAR WHOEVER REPLACES ME: ONE MISSION; LOOK INTO WHO DIDN’T RESPOND TO MY QUESTIONS, PLEASE!

UNVOTE: Irrelephant

PS(parting statement): KEYSER IS TOWN NO MATTER WHAT; my strongest TR has never EVER been wrong regardless of my own alignment. It has resulted in me replacing into a game on N1 and correctly neighbouring a town player AFTER A D1 scum lynch, and taking full advantage of it to eventually win a game for town in LYLO, so you can trust this read with your life. There’s a definite chance shoshin is scum, but regarding keyser DON’T FALL FOR THE SHIT OTHERS ARE FEEDING YOU RE: HIS READ. SOMEBODY IS ACTIVELY TRYING TO PLANT SEEDS OF DOUBT HIM, AND IT’S WORKING TOO!

/legacy post

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”