BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Everything you're referring to was strictly in game and never an attack on character.

Also, reads can't be toxic.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Unless, like, the read is strictly for personal reasons.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

And there was no way you could have retracted the miller claim post-CC in a way that would have made it acceptable for you to be alive from a game theory perspective. Even if in this specific instance you were town, there's no reason not to lynch a CC'd miller claim unless there's reason to believe the setup would have multiple millers.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8397, Red Gyarados wrote:Then you still should have lynched us instead of Magenta. Regardless of your reads on us, you needed to lynch out of the CC before Lylo.
This.

It's math.

I don't play mafia like it's mathematical and probabilistic, not solely anyway. This was the math that was desperately needed to solve the game, though.

Same with AP vs Katsuki.

There's a middle ground between valuing reads foremost and valuing reported role info and gamestate analysis foremost. I sometimes find the sweet spot.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by BROseidon »

AP vs Katsuki wasn't a thing because Desp/I had the result on AP that indicated katsuki was wrong. If anything, it should have been us vs. katsuki, which would have been wrong b/c of the role block.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8402, BROseidon wrote:And there was no way you could have retracted the miller claim post-CC in a way that would have made it acceptable for you to be alive from a game theory perspective. Even if in this specific instance you were town, there's no reason not to lynch a CC'd miller claim unless there's reason to believe the setup would have multiple millers.
There was. But more importantly their play in so many other ways looked town to me.

I got a lot of things wrong this game, but my 3 inviolate town reads all turned out to be town.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8404, BROseidon wrote:AP vs Katsuki wasn't a thing because Desp/I had the result on AP that indicated katsuki was wrong. If anything, it should have been us vs. katsuki, which would have been wrong b/c of the role block.
And that's where you needed to consider that something was up with the night game.

Idic
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8405, fferyllt wrote:There was. But more importantly their play in so many other ways looked town to me.
So you're saying that scum-muffin has never looked town to you, then?

Because that also has to hold true for you to justify not lynching the claim fuckup.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8406, fferyllt wrote:
In post 8404, BROseidon wrote:AP vs Katsuki wasn't a thing because Desp/I had the result on AP that indicated katsuki was wrong. If anything, it should have been us vs. katsuki, which would have been wrong b/c of the role block.
And that's where you needed to consider that something was up with the night game.
After Katsuki flipped town, we figured he was blocked. And we were right.

We should have tried to work out better what was going on during the day phase, especially given how town Katsuki's play looked up to that point.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8407, BROseidon wrote:
In post 8405, fferyllt wrote:There was. But more importantly their play in so many other ways looked town to me.

Because that also has to hold true for you to justify not lynching the claim fuckup.
I wasn't reading muffin. I was reading Nati. Nati has fooled me before, but never to the extent of "oh hell yeah, he's town". he fools me just barely enough. or not.

Idic
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #8410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nachomamma8 wrote:and poor ap is still trying to mislynch jsu
I <3 him
I tried. I tried for America. RG will have to satisfy the scumgods instead. Although the scumgods wanted CF or JSU.
mastin2 wrote:Admittedly, after you began pushing me, I began to lose that clarity because I was degrading emotionally at a rapid rate.
All part of the plan I just made up!
PeregrineV wrote:Don't think I'm at the policy-lynch-just-for-safety's-sake on AP yet, but I definitely think I picked up a scumtell of his. Nice bit if info.
I didn't commit any scum tells this game. I was just claiming scum in thread ever since the mastin lynch.
mastin2 wrote:
In post 615, PeregrineV wrote:Clyton did a much better scumjob than Penguin is doing.
Basically, yeah.
I was ready to WK clyton to the hell and back tbh. That guy was a boss.

Annnnd I read the dead PT which was mostly mastin's personal blog. Would read again.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8409, fferyllt wrote:

I wasn't reading muffin. I was reading Nati. Nati has fooled me before, but never to the extent of "oh hell yeah, he's town". he fools me just barely enough. or not.
Nati was in this game for more than 5 posts?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:Everything you're referring to was strictly in game and never an attack on character

you got upset at me and katsuki pointing out you were the leading cause of the loss this game

we didn't attack your character

unless you think me pointing out you were arrogant about your bad reads is attacking your character

in which case, lol
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

I told you that AP should have been lynched. And if he flipped anything other than a godfather with a night action, then you should have been lynched too.

Like, I laid this out for you people.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #8414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Katsuki »

There was a reason why I just discounted you guys in my scum reads at the end entirely because I figured you guys were just plain wrong and got false/misleading/wrong information.

It was AP vs Katsuki. Even if my claim was fake, AP's reaction was SCUMSCUMSCUM (which in the end is the msot important thing).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #8415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Katsuki »

(not to mention my role had a loophole for failing which was FAR more likely than me being blocked anyways (aka AP being a beast (he is a beast, terrible terrible person))).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:from a game theory perspective
right...

from a game theory perspective, it's senseless for scum to claim miller in a cabd game (especially a large game) where there's a high likelihood of there being an actual miller claim
from a game theory perspective, there is no reason for scum to react the way we did then retract the miller claim

and outside of theory, you had basically the entire game outside your neighbour (and PV) telling you you were wrong
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8411, BROseidon wrote:
In post 8409, fferyllt wrote:

Nati was in this game for more than 5 posts?
Yes. And it was all Nati at the point where I dug in and started fighting their lynch.

Idic
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8412, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:Everything you're referring to was strictly in game and never an attack on character

you got upset at me and katsuki pointing out you were the leading cause of the loss this game

we didn't attack your character

unless you think me pointing out you were arrogant about your bad reads is attacking your character

in which case, lol
Uh...

You're going to pretend that you didn't push me to an emotional breakdown now? That breakdown was 100% real (granted, mastin basically handwaving it even though she also contributed hugely is also a problem).

Also...
In post 8310, Katsuki wrote:
In post 6297, Katsuki wrote: I wish town the best of luck because you guys really will need it.

p.s. LYNCH NACHO, THEN PA. DONT LET AP LIVE TO ENDGAME BECAUSE FUCK HIM.
I thought you'd carry us through, CF. :(

IN OTHER WORDS WELL PLAYED JUS, CONGRATS ON THE WIN!
In post 8344, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:
early
this game
i bolded the incorrect word

i found it rather hilarious that, true to your name, all scum had to do this game to get a free win was... sheep you guys
In post 8348, zMuffinMan wrote:see i wouldn't actually be making fun of you for bad reads, bro, except you were cocky enough to think your reads were the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and said so multiple times in game, so the sweet, sweet irony that all scum had to do was sheep you to victory makes it that much funnier

and yes, kudos on getting 2/3 pegged at end game
All crossed the line.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm not gonna dig through the game and pull out the posts where people were abusive in-game, because that's unnecessary as fuck right now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Actually, Katsuki was fine in game for the most part.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

Can we just not.

Most of us played a shit game, myself included. Just learn from it and move on. Parts of the game were toxic enough, and a good number of us contributed to that.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #8422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nacho, QT wrote:If things go into nothingness and horribleness, the scum game I haven't brought out is the toxic as shit scumgame, so if I'm being an absolute asshole, it's just something I've been wanting to try out for a while.
*grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe, I told you so, grumble*
AP, QT wrote:Oh right Im just gonna troll and not do anything and maybe make some one line responses and waffle alot. Amazing!
*grumble, grumble, I know him so fucking well, gripe, gripe*
These mastin posts are awesome. And very much game of Champions reminiscent where she pegged me but I skated to endgame...After some bussing.
Mastin got me here on metagut cause she knows me well. Knows when my humor isn't town. But she's going insane and much like GoC I think people will not listen.
/bitterness builds.
So Im going to just keep talking to mastin in our own secret language. On the surface I'll be saying things like:

"Oh mastin, you are being ridiculous this game :P" which translates to "I'm scum, what're you gonna do about it"
and
"MAstin this is like you from GoC" which translates to "Better up your game, or this is gonna be another shutout like GoC"

and stuff like that until she actually goes insane and the town lynches her on D4 at the latest.
*grumble, grumble, gripe gripe*

[qupte]See mastin you are always a step behind. I -could- play in such a way that you would townread me, but its not worth it. Its too much effort, too draining, and all it would take would be one slip for that entire facade to crumble.

Buuuut, if I give you nothing to go off of. No one will really buy your pressure on my slot, you'll just look insane even if you are 100% right about me claiming scum to you in our own way.I didn't expect you to townread me. Certainly not for being too bad to be scum. Im going to just troll my way through this game GoC style. Much less effort, much more reward, and I get to taunt you. Every step of the way.[/quote] For the record, this is much what *I* do as scum; it's basically a fundamental aspect of my scumplay, and how I do it with regards to AP.

It works both ways, at least. AP can attest to me having basically done this in L4D to him.
RBD needs to dieburn die tonight, holy shit.
And you guys wondered why I was solidly convinced Rancid was a scum nightkill.
I keep thinking we're worse off than we are, but its really just mastin and RBD being loud more than everyone else.
Thus why sheeping us would have been a much, MUCH better way for the town to have won this game than sheeping da neighborhood.
I cant believe there is actually a wagon on Mastin right now. Literally everyone voting mastin is scum or dumb.
bork wrote:She's really obvious town to me.
Damn straight.
AP wrote:If mastin gets lynched I will cry tears of happiness. Then I will mock mastin by quoting myself from GoC in the thread and trolling my way to an easy win.
*grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe*
I almost posted this message in a wrong QT...my hydra QT qith mastin. That would have been potentially catastrophic. My hand was hovering over submit. If Id never noticed lol...
It'd cause me to get force-replaced because I subscribe to every QT I'm in, soyeah, there's that. :/
Mastin is ridiculously town this game. I should be scurmeading her but its hard to when the protown and obvtown are just too much.
This.
AP DID IT. YOU'LL ALL SEEEEEE. IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG. HES EVIL. HE WOULD MURDER YOU ALL IF YOU LET HIM!! ALSO FOXnHOUND IS A BUDDY, YOU'LL SEEEEEE"
And sure enough......

Subject: Tales of You (Pick) Scum thread
AngryPidgeon wrote:Also bro will never trust me ever again lol.
Damn straight he shouldn't.

AngryPidgeon wrote:After today's mastin lynch I'm taking a shot for every time she called me a cheeky scumfuck.
Enjoy the alcohol poisoning. :P

AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't get. How people think mastin and I are buddies. That is such a terrible read. Like quit mafia levels of bad.
Also this.

AngryPidgeon wrote:How do people have scumreads on RBD. Like the AtE from them is blindingly town. Its why mastin can see it. Mollie would identify it in an instant. Tammy seems hesitant but is letting doubt get the better of her.

Some people are 100% out of tune with just trying to understand the complexities that go on behind the fronts. And frankly anyone paying even remote attention would realize RBD cant possibly be scum for this. Just not ever. They'd have to be psychopaths. And I say that with me basically having done some absurd raging as scum before where I talked about how shitty everything is and how disappointed I am in everyone and how Id rather just be lynched. And I coasted to endgame. But this? This is just too much for even someone eho is a borderline compulsive bullshitter like me >.>
And that, m'friends, is why I hate you all. >_> <_<

AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3443, CarbonFiber wrote:There is no way scum killed RBD even if he is town considering their play D1.
No you dipshit, they were an excellent scum kill. Literally the only reason we wouldnt kill them is because you retards were frothing at the mouth to ML obvious and correct town.
Also this. The Rancid vig was THE worst possible vig shot.

AngryPidgeon wrote:If we recover from this, I want a goddamn Best Performance: Scum Group scummy lol.
In spite of it largely being town self-destructing, I'm considering it.

After all, it was total fucking revenge.
Not every game that a scum player gets to obtain that honor.

The Fox and the Hound wrote:3585 is kind of a slam dunk
Yet sure enough, nobody noticed.

The Fox and the Hound wrote:She has us. We're so close to her grasp, but she can't quite close her fist on us. She just repeatedly comes so close and then loses it entirely. I love it.
This is what I was talking about.

This is why I like hydraing, too.

If I am town.
And I am posting like this.

I need a town player there to help.
Because said town player? Can be all that I need to firmly close the gap.

That close.
That
close.
To having them all, and I couldn't, because as said, I was never able to lock things down.

AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 238, The Fox and the Hound wrote:DV here. I take it that it would be better for me to scumread Mastin than not scumread her?
Mastin is at 4/8 votes and is a large thorn in my side. I would like her dead.
Why ask your scumbuddies for help when the town is more than willing to offer their assistance? >_<

Nachomamma8 wrote:Mastin is... so unbelievably town.
Nachomamma8 wrote:So completely and unbelievably town. I have never seen her be this town before in my entire life.
And this.

If you think I can pull off the level of crazy that I did this game as scum, then you think of me as being GODSLAYING-tier scum. As in, so damn good at being scum that I can fool god-tiered scumhunters.
(Which...I can't. Thus, I'm not GODSLAYING tiered scum.)

AngryPidgeon wrote:Anyone scumreading [Mastin or RBD] should feel eternal shame.
Plus this.

AngryPidgeon wrote:Nacho. Lets just be blatantly scum. Start with me. Lets schedule a time we can be on and just post at each other, starting with the night actions and ending with whatever. Lets just spam the thread with it and make it look like we are waffling about everything in the process. Its hilariously scum but it will just throw everyone for a loop.
*grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe, I CALLED YOU OUT ON THIS AND SAW IT, grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe*

AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 276, Nachomamma8 wrote:AKA, the longer it goes, the more it drains on mastin, the more irrational and anti-town she becomes, the more justification I have for losing my shit for the fifth time this game.
Ya. Honestly, lets actually take a suggestion from mastin and actually tag team her. I'll let you wall at her a bit right now and I'll pick up doing that later on.
*grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe*

Nachomamma8 wrote:i believe mastin can still pull this out, funny thing. being faced with someone like me pulling the egregious bullshit i am means that she's either going to shut down or step it the fuck up. the only reason i feel confident breaking cover so thoroughly and so early is A) because I know exactly how i'm going to respond to most situations, and B) because if worst case scenario mastin flies to the burns too brightly and slaughters the fuck out of me, i'm leaving you all (minus AP) in a great position and I have pretty solid faith that you guys will pull it out, despite everyone being so incredibly and bleedingly town.
Basically exactly what happened.

Nacho and AP successfully distracted me from Fox/Hound and PA. I KNEW that he was, too, I just didn't know it was Fox/Hound and PA.

penguin_alien wrote:Heh, I was reading the last tennish pages and kept thinking, 'no way do Nacho and AP both miss that this is obv-mastin town.'. So that explains that.
penguin_alien wrote:So I probably need to town read mastin because she looks ridiculously town.
It should really tell you something that basically every single scum player thought I was hilariously obvious town.

AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh and if people call me on WKing mastin Im going to channel some very recent energies and bitch at everyone for scumreading me for being right. Also this will cause mastin to rage in the dead thread.
Damn straight

AngryPidgeon wrote:Mastin isn't doesn't get off on scum wins as much as I do and that makes me more dangerous.
That's because you inherit more mafia PMs, AP. :P
My win percentage would be right up there with yours otherwise.

(Because Mastin doesn't stop walling just because the game's over. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8421, Tammy wrote:Can we just not.

Most of us played a shit game, myself included. Just learn from it and move on. Parts of the game were toxic enough, and a good number of us contributed to that.
How about instead of saying shit like this, you hold people accountable to their actions?

Serious question.

When I said in my giant rant that "everyone who isn't standing up to mastin for her emotional manipulation is complicit in it," I was being completely serious.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:You're going to pretend that you didn't push me to an emotional breakdown now?
when did that happen? iirc you broke down because people were wagoning you or something

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”