mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by mith »

Wasn't much of a gambit if I didn't even remember you had done it. ;)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:00 pm

Post by jeep »

Seems like a perfect gambit... I didn't approve, but it seemed to have worked.

-JEEP
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:41 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

What was with the hockey scores?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:13 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Oh yeah! I almost forgot- please tell!
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:01 am

Post by Werebear »

$5 says they were random.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:07 am

Post by Norinel »

I PMed CS about it earlier in the game with my guesses about a bunch of stuff (I'd graphed the hockey scores with the name of the team being which direction to go from the origin, and I found something that kind of looked like something), and he said there was some algorithm behind it.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:33 am

Post by cuban smoker »

man... when I find a bit more time, I'll answer more of these questions. Until then, I can confirm they were not random, but that no human should be ablet odetermine what they were referring to,.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:46 am

Post by Werebear »

I retract my $5 bet. :mrgreen:
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:46 am

Post by mith »

Something to do with how many possible recruits there were for the aliens?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Werebear wrote:I retract my
$5
bet. :mrgreen:
Really, really no comment. :wink:
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:43 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Something to do with how many possible recruits there were for the aliens?
an interesting thought- though I doubt it- the aliens were good at first, and tehre was no telling at what point they OR their powers would be revealed, if ever. I don't think that would be helpful to the town. Then again- CS said it's like impossible to spot the pattern or whatever- so I think it was a clever unhelpful thing just to distract us.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Eargerly awaits synopsis...

(more of a reminder, I have patience)
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:07 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Ok. My busy week is almost over. So I'll post a few more things now, and a few more things on the weekend. Let's see...

HOCKEY SCORES:

Every non-INNOCENT or GROUP of people was assigned a colour in my spreadsheet so I could remind myself who was talking to/associated with whom. Mafia were green, kidnappers were orange, aliens were pink, the two cops were blue, SKs were purple, and Vigs were blue. When two teams played each other, a goal was scored for every excess member in the SAME group that one neighbourhad had over the other.

Thus, the only real information that could have been reasonable collected was that neighbourhoods that won a lot of games had more of the above groups than others. In theory, it MIGHT have helped at the very end of the game, but I was going to cancel the season as soon as one nieghbourhood got wiped out anyway.

Really though, I just wanted hockey scores (all papers need sports scores) that weren't randomly calculated, but couldn't be deciphered.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:11 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Situations

1) The kidnappers snatch the millionaire’s daughter (or the millionaire! All ‘her’s also refer to the millionaire)

If the millionaire is dead, then the kidnappers are out of luck. In frustration, they may kill the daughter. If she is kidnapped on night N, the kidnappers will be told on night N what has occurred. They have until night N+1 to decide whether to kill her. They may not kidnap on night N+1. If they do decide to kill her, they kill her during night N+1, and she may not be saved. She will be missing until Day N+2 (a total of 3 nights, and found on the 3rd day), when she is found dead in a river. If they do not decide to kill her, she is released early morning, between night N+1 and Day N+1.

If the millionaire is alive, all hell breaks loose. The Mafia secretly declares war on the kidnappers. The Millionaire will receive a ransom demand, which he has no intention of paying. The Millionaire will publish a plea in the newspaper, which will run a special edition that very same day (the mod will do this). The millionaire’s daughter will remain a prisoner until the kidnapper who is housing her is killed, when she will be found, and returned to the millionaire. The kidnappers may not kidnap unless they release or kill her (releases take place early morning, kills at night). The kidnappers will be told that if they receive the ransom, they win, and may leave the town victorious. This will never occur.
From this point on, the Mafia may send out up to 3 people per night in addition to their kill and their investigation (they must choose, 1 person per job), to “interrogate” up to 3 different people. An interrogation leaves the person weak the next day; they may only make 1 post. Every interrogation has 2 results: kidnapper, no kidnapper. If the victim is a kidnapper, the Mafia may interrogate him again the next night. This victim will die, but again, only if the victim is a kidnapper. The Mafia are trying to kill all the kidnappers, regardless of whether the daughter is found (the double interrogation is a free innocent kill… they need no other incentive).
The kidnappers are clueless that they will not get out ahead in this situation.

HOWEVER, the story takes a twist here. If the kidnappers have the daughter (not the millionaire!) then each member of the kidnapper’s band is asked if he wishes to fall in love with the daughter, each night. If so, he must pick a colour. As well, the daughter is asked to pick one member of the band (by number) to fall in love with (or choose not to) and a colour. This begins to happen the night AFTER the kidnapping takes place. If the daughter picks someone who falls in love with her and the colous match, they escape the NEXT night (2 nights after the kidnapping, unless the plan is to kill her, in which case they escape before she is killed. If she is to be released, the love fails…), elope, and are declared winners. This is published the next day, and the “interrogations” cease. As well, the kidnappers band may continue to kidnap, if they wish.

In either situation, they may kidnap again after the daughter (or millionaire) is released or killed.

2) Infected person

A person infected on night N is told about their infection at the beginning of night N+1. They may begin looking for the drug. If they have a role, they will look for the drug while performing their role. They may pick one person on night N+1, and 1 person on night N+2. If the person they go to does not have the drug, they are infected as well, but with a minor version. If the person they go to has the drug, the infected person is cured. During day N+1, an infected person is visibly diseased. At the beginning of day N+2, they die.

Anyone infected with a minor version of the virus on night N is informed of their infection on night N+1. They may begin looking for the drug on night N+1, and continue looking until they find it. They will pass on a minor version of the virus. They show signs of disease on day N+1, but they will not die.

If the virus carrier targets the biochemist, the biochemist is infected. He is now giving out useless drugs. The biochemist may go to one of the drug holders once he realizes he is infected. If the virus targets someone else with the drug, the target becomes infected. You may not self-administer the drug, and that person’s drug becomes contaminated, and useless.

If at any time half the town becomes infected, the town is quarantined that morning, and anyone showing disease is put under watch. They may no longer perform their roles, but they continue to search for the drugs. Note this does not kill the virus, or even necessarily mean that all infected people are watched.

3) Jail gets full

If at any time the jail has 2 or more people in it, either the Mafia or the kidnappers may attempt a jailbreak the NEXT night. In either case, all people in jail will be released. Any group that elects to jailbreak will not be able to use their other abilities. If the Mafia or the kidnappers attempt a jailbreak, they will leave the cops alive, but bound up, blindfolded and gagged in the jail. No identities will be revealed. The escaped convicts may not use their abilities that night.
The cops may not search the night of the jailbreak.

ALIEN SCENARIOS:

4) Abilities gained from forced will (in order)
1. You may protect any one member in the alien mason group each night, including yourself.
2. You may investigate any one person each night.
3. Your brain was not able to cope with the foreign energies being directed at it. You have been killed.
4. You have the ability to offer to recruit 1 person each night.
5. You have the ability to protect any one person each night, including yourself.
6. Your brain was not able to cope with the foreign energies being directed at it. You have been killed.
7. You have the ability to kill one person per night.

5) Alien mason group grows in size.
When the alien group grows to 4 people, Xalt becomes blinded by his power. His goal changes to wanting to gain control of the entire town (evil cult). Each night in addition to his recruitment, he may attempt to convert any given person in his mason group. A person who is already under his will is automatically converted, while a person who freely joined the group is first brought under his will (that is, it takes two nights of "conversion"). If at any time the number of converted people (including Xalt) is more than half the town, Xalt wins, and the converts claim a minor victory.

Small-town crime list

(publish in morning paper)

Safe House owner – Operating an illegal domicile
Kryptonite holder – Improper storage of hazardous materials
Postal Worker – Unregistered firearm OR murder
Prostitute – Prostitution
Biochemist – FDA Violations
Expert Surgeon – Operating without a license
Drug dealer – Possession
Kidnapper – Kidnapping (only 1 at a time), and only if the suspect is found with the daughter.
Mafia – Assault and Battery (only 1 at a time, and only if the suspect has “interrogated”)
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:04 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Ok, I am now working on a night by night synopsis. Hope to see it tomorrow.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:07 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

sweeeeet
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:39 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Mmm... Father's Day is getting in the way. And for some reason I don't have most of my night 4 choices stored. AND I'll have to fill in the blanks for 8 through 10 because apparently the choices were simple enough I forgot to update my sheet. Sigh... I'm working on it.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:56 am

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”