Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Kagami »

I guess it's fair that I do find myself pretty annoyed by appeals to emotion (or at least in their seeming efficacy), but I don't think that's what a promise of alignment is. If I were to tell FG that I promise I'll do my very best in his game (which thankfully I didn't), it would be betting my honor and our out-of-game relationship on my performance, not trying to make him feel one way or the other. If the goal were not to appeal to an out-of-game bond, which I surmise from 808 that you have with hito, then I don't see the reason you would promise promise promise anything.

Anyway, I wasn't planning to post at all today due to the holiday and the related events I've been attending, but that really felt like something that I would have thought you wouldn't do.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 844, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 843, hitogoroshi wrote:because nothing else you've done today seems congruent with these doubts tbh!
Really?

Where did I say something that doesn't make sense with that?
eh well I was gonna say that this confidence on LLD is outside of your norm and if you had misgivings on Cyan, then I would think that seeing Cyan follow you on the wagon and/or Kagami taking the wagon with Cyan on it to L-1 would make you at least start sounding out how good you feel on LLD and why. But tbh don't bother anymore. I'll be slightly bitter if it really is you and Blake and no one believed me, but it's a fair point from Kagami that Blake probably would have just followed you and this close to deadline it's irrelevant unless I have a slam-dunk thing I found in your ISOs.

this is the thing that sucks to do emotionally but I had to just sit down and decide once and for all if I believe LLD and I don't. Mostly for the same holistic reasons - Implo makes ten kinds of sense as the buddy who was ready to bus but decided to see if kindly hito would defuse his partners wagon, and now has to commit to this bizarrely insincere "either one's good" on Kagami/LLD. Conversely, Kagami/s_s I still have all the trouble with from back when it was Haschel/s_s, and also Kagami's general agreeableness tracks very strongly with perceived read. I have no clue if Kagami is good enough at mafia to fake this, but I at least find that mafia tend to get kind of stuck in whether they're in cooperate mode vs. point-scoring mode, vs. Kagami going "probably hito, but kills look more implo so benefit of the doubt" vs "I think it's for sure hito with the questions he's asking" vs. "I instantly don't think it's hito because he could have followed up with Blake and didn't" and their posting style changing pretty dramatically phasing between them.

also, it's just...I dunno, hard to articulate the problem I have with LLD's recent posts. The ones from ISO 91 and on just feel qualitatively different and less sincere. I've been at this post for a while now trying to put it in words, but I can't and I really do have to go to sleep. I guess I can say it feels very similar to the Pine lynch energy, which obviously I didn't have a problem with then when I was seeing the same contradiction, but feels a lot more put on when I don't? That's the best I can do.

LLD, if you are town I am genuinely sorry and I'll take the blame for the L. But I can't make myself believe in Kagami/s_s at all here. (Conversely, if you are scum, know that I don't share Kagami's feelings about this being over the line or anything and we are still pals. It's a little rough on me but I'm just the kind of guy that works on and you've gotta do what you gotta do.)

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

Blake, this is where it's gotta be now.

(Also, damn, I forgot how much I hate LYLOs)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Blake Belladonna »

VOTE: Kagami

I'm aware this is pointless by now, but I'm making a statement for the moment.

I will be around again before deadline.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Actually, I think this reaction test isn't needed.

I've felt that implosion wasn't a strong contender for an LLD-buddy and hito plainly isn't by this point, so it's not entirely useful to check how people respond to the new L-1. It's close enough to deadline that I believe it will be less likely to contain anything worthwhile tomorrow in the case that LLD is legitimately scum.

I'm sorry, but I do still believe that Kagami was the scum in this 1v1 and at this point I'm just hoping I was wrong.

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Townies lynching confirmed town players. I watched Hito cruelly betray my heart and lynch me at the last moment~. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Sick.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Kagami »

Before the thread locks:

I apologize, LLD. I was just really, really frustrated with this game.

I do think it was a bit untoward, but I was probably worse in my response, which was surely an overreaction.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:46 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 3.3

Lady Lambdadelta [4] - Something_Smart, Kagami, hitogoroshi, Blake Belladonna [LYNCH]

Kagami [1] - Lady Lambdadelta

Not Voting [1]
- implosion

With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-07-05 21:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

Lady Lambdadelta, who was
Mafia
Night 1 Gun
, has
lynched
in
Day 3

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:48 am

Post by FakeGod »

Night 3

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:00 am

Post by FakeGod »

Kagami, who was
Town
Night 5 Rose
, was
killed
in
Night 3

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:01 am

Post by FakeGod »

Day 4

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:02 am

Post by FakeGod »

There are 3
Town
Roses
remaining.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:02 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 4.0

Not Voting [4]
- hitogoroshi, implosion, Something_Smart, Blake Belladonna

With 4 alive it takes 3 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-07-15 21:00:00)

Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 am

Interesting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 am

Lol.

You know, I'd really like to play this setup again with people who actually know what they're doing starting in the slots.

I'm leaning hito scum after reading overnight. Where are you at, Ank?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:41 am

My reads entirely depend on how people approach the day, SS.

I'll go into what I'm thinking when everybody has checked in.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:10 am

Post by implosion »

I pretty strongly think hito is scum here. I can argue reasons why but it's a little hollow because I'm primarily strong on it in light of the new flips and by far the most convincing reason fmpov is strong reasons to townread both of you, especially given that LLD is scum. hito's last post yesterday was most likely trying to set up a lynch on an afk me today but I am actually here and more than happy to engage.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:30 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 865, Something_Smart wrote:Lol.

You know, I'd really like to play this setup again with people who actually know what they're doing starting in the slots.

I'm leaning hito scum after reading overnight. Where are you at, Ank?
Man it's 100% implo, that was basically the whole thing that got me to settle on LLD once and for all. I mean remember this??
In post 806, implosion wrote:I don't think any 2/3 of Kagami/LLD/hito is especially unlikely or impossible. I don't see Kagami or LLD's mutual interactions as necessarily precluding a bus (in particular I feel like MS is in a fairly bus-heavy meta right now though I might be biased because the last scumgame i played was mlp). If it's Kagami + hito, I can very much see hito playing the role of not wanting to hammer in this setup, especially after I said I would, so as to still be in it after a possible missed kill. However, I really think both scum are in that three.
I don't think he could be any more transparent about wanting to snap on anyone besides LLD who hits L-1 while still having the option to bus her if it looks inevitable. Kagami/hito and LLD/Kagami were both nonsense teams but implo reaaaallllyyy just wanted to stall and say "if it must be LLD I want to be on it, but I sure hope it can be anyone else".

the other factors to consider:

1. hito-scum can at least give it a college try to utilize Blake's very wrong read and win the game off of it, instead of making moves to cut off the Kagami wagon and then voting LLD to force Blake to vote correctly. Especially since, if hito is scum, implo is actually being sincere about those nonsense scumteams so his vote is in play.
2. LLD constantly was talking TO me but ABOUT implo. I was the vote that she was pretty transparently trying to fish for whereas she wanted as little to do with implo as possible
3. I don't think hito-scum ever kills Kagami after
In post 817, Kagami wrote:It looks like Hito is town given , since LLD-Hito had pretty much won the game after ank's entrance, and 803 completely throws that out the window.
we won the game back there because implo got greedy instead of just taking the bus straight, let's not grab defeat from the jaws of victory!

VOTE: implosion
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Why are you leaning scum on hito here, implosion?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Cyanjet was near-100% town and S_S is near-100% not an LLD partner (and also town in isolation). WRT hito himself, I thought he was scummy for most of the game and then his posting early yesterday shook my read, and then I realized it wasn't that strong of a reason to townread him.

I can go through the part of hito's posting that I found scummy if you want. -32 is a lot of my thoughts therein.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 am

Another question implosion, why do you feel different than you did in Coalition?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:46 am

In post 868, hitogoroshi wrote:2. LLD constantly was talking TO me but ABOUT implo. I was the vote that she was pretty transparently trying to fish for whereas she wanted as little to do with implo as possible
Are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that LLD thought there was a world where someone other than her was lynched that day?
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:59 am

Something_Smart, what exactly am I missing here?

I'm legitimately struggling to see how the last scum isn't just implosion here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:45 am

Well, if you'd like, you can make an implosion case and I can make a hito case and then we can compare notes.

Or you can just bring up points about why you feel implosion is scum and/or why you feel hito is town and we can chat about them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”