(3): Ausuka, MariaR, Killthestory

Not Voting
(1): Hopkirk

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2018-03-22 19:42:59)

Mod Notes
: :D
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 872, Havo wrote:
In post 865, Tchill13 wrote:Well if we're playing against good scum it doesn't matter what we do.
The fact that we’re 35 pages in and this town can’t agree on what color the sky is much less agree on who to lynch, tells me that the scum team is good and we also have some stubborn townies in this game.
...no.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 873, Gamma Emerald wrote:What's really fun is hopkirk asking that question just to scumread me. Feels really fake.
I'm flattered that you think I could read the game in the ten minutes between me subbing in and asking that.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Let's please lynch one of mumble/katherine/KTS
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 864, Hopkirk wrote:I don't get the concept of policy lynching D1 unless it's an open setup without a vig.
It's about limiting your scum pool in the future on day phases that actually matter.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 876, Killthestory wrote:
In post 872, Havo wrote:
In post 865, Tchill13 wrote:Well if we're playing against good scum it doesn't matter what we do.
The fact that we’re 35 pages in and this town can’t agree on what color the sky is much less agree on who to lynch, tells me that the scum team is good and we also have some stubborn townies in this game.
...no.
Then please enlighten us on what you think is going on.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 877, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 873, Gamma Emerald wrote:What's really fun is hopkirk asking that question just to scumread me. Feels really fake.
I'm flattered that you think I could read the game in the ten minutes between me subbing in and asking that.
whatever. Why even are you scumreading who you are? Real nice to just come in, go "oops caught up already y'all are scum kthxbye"
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Caught up.
Town
Creature
KTS
Katherine
Havo

Lean-town
Asuka
Cedrick

Neutral
Mumble

Scumpool
Luca
Tchill
MariaR
Implosion
Gamma

VOTE: Gamma
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 881, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 877, Hopkirk wrote:
whatever. Why even are you scumreading who you are? Real nice to just come in, go "oops caught up already y'all are scum kthxbye"
What part of 'I've read half the game' made you think I was caught up.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I must've missed that. Still, you didn't explain it in your full list so it's still the same vibe
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I won't be explaining anything tonight due to time, but I'm sure I'll be explaining my reads eventually.
It's too much to hope that people will agree with them automatically.

Who's scum for you right now?
Cedrick
Cedrick
Goon
Cedrick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Cedrick »

please do, cause I would like to hear your explanations
One thing about life, you going to lose more than you going to win, but are you going to get up?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am

Post by implosion »

Luca's a fine wagon. I sort of see what Maria is saying too with Luca's lines of reasoning just not feeling real, though my hangup there is that I'm pretty sure I've been wrong about similar reads to that kind. But I still think his defense of me is off. His response clears it up a little but meh.

I still would rather lynch mumble right now. I'm in no rush to end the day, and I'd ideally like more from mumble and katherine before it ends regardless of who we lynch (and also from hopkirk now). I disagree that the day is stalling. If it does end I wouldn't object to lynching any of mumble/luca/maybe KTS but I have conflicted feelings about him. Also maybe katherine or hopkirk but I don't think there's been much interest in those slots.

Cedrick/gamma/ausuka are solidly town (ausuka is waning a bit but still really liked her early posting). Creature/Tchill/Maria form the next tier, then Havo who is town based on entirely unsubstantiated gut, then the the rest are current scum pool. Hopkirk is null, katherine has inklings in both directions but can't really feel confident in a sort without more. Luca/KTS I've explained. Mumble I'm half just voting because his vote on me is really terrible. But I also think the kind of lurking he's been doing is the scummy kind. It's not just policy. He's strictly avoided having to comment meaningfully on anything ongoing, in a way that goes beyond just refusing to explain his reads.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 885, Hopkirk wrote:I won't be explaining anything tonight due to time, but I'm sure I'll be explaining my reads eventually.
It's too much to hope that people will agree with them automatically.

Who's scum for you right now?
My strongest scumreads are TChill and implosion, but mumble is in there because I kinda suspect him and I feel like he's a very easy suspicion that scum can easily rest their laurels on
<Embrace The Void>

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 854, Luca Blight wrote:Ausuka's -
"If there's scum on Tchill it's Gamma"
- this is pretty bad given the lack of explanation, and given Ausuka was also scumreading and voting Tchill at the time - It's like she's already portioning blame for a potential mislynch.
Okay so this is total bullshit. Not explaining one minor scumread in the post that I state it doesn't make me scum by any stretch of the imagination. Just because I was voting and scumreading Tchill very early on does not mean that I am certain he is scum and anyone who votes him is immune to suspicion. And nobody's planning to pin a mislynch on anybody on page 8.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - I don't get why she felt better about Maria after that exchange? I didn't personally think Maria came out of it looking that good, so I was surprised to see this unvote.
I understood her ideas better afterwards, so I could see them coming from town. The fact that she apparently has lingered onto her scumread on me this whole time, despite the fact I went through all her points and she didn't seem to hold onto any of them at the end, does make me suspicious, but like that exchange itself did clear things up.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - she moves the goalposts against Tchill - he wasn't suspecting you based on your '
reasons'
- he was suspecting you based on your retaliatory vote.
Yeah, and I was asking him why the "retaliatory vote" wasn't just a regular town response to a post, and was instead an OMGUS vote worthy of suspicion.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - this pinged me as being a bit OTT to link four town games like that, and I believe Katherine was referring more to her own place in the table than the table itself.
OK so now it's alignment indicative to link too many games for meta???????? Pretty sure you're just trying to manufacture a case for me at this point.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: -
"Maria definitely could be town here. IIRC we scumread each other last time we played together"
- yeah, and how does that relate to her being town this game? This feels like a possible attempt to make Maria think twice before scumreading her. She's also a bit sneaky in how she implies I jumped off Tchill only because the momentum of his wagon died down, ignoring the fact I was offline throughout that time and the fact I had my reasons for flipping my read on him. She makes out my vote on Katherine was bad because I hadn't scumread her before then? Err, she probably had about four posts at the time.
If I scumread someone before, then yeah, of course I'm going to give them more leniency next game. Especially since I didn't like her case on me in that game, either.

And yeah, you could be town who just thinks Tchill's reactions were transparently town, and of course that isn't a good point on its own. The importance of it is that as the Tchill wagon is on its dying breath, you switch to katherine, a new rising wagon, with no reasoning at all other than "it's a decent bet" which definitely seems opportunistic to me. I mean, I don't know if you mean that you're voting katherine for being a lurker which would make more sense I guess, although it still seems weird that you hop on katherine for lurking when Mumble made, like, 1 post, and it was like one day into the game.

And no that's not the reason your vote was bad. But it does mean there wasn't prior reasoning you gave for the wagon that would justify voting him.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - Suddenly has me in the bottom tier based on the above. All traces of her opinion that my posts
'made sense'
and
'came from a townie mindset'
have been obliviated.
Well, yeah, that's the thing with early weak reads. They're weak, and I'll easily replace them if I find anything stronger.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - This is a weird reaction - like, why not question why they exist instead of making a sarcastic remark?
I mean, that post is kinda questioning why they exist. Also sarcastic remarks are my thing.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - Weird defence of Havo - the reasons for why I voted him were clearly explained so I don't see what she doesn't 'get' there.
Your vote on Havo wasn't on page 25 though. KTS and Cedrick both blank-voted Havo on page 25, presumably due to something he did. But I didn't see anything AI he did and I didn't get the votes, hence that post.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 882, Hopkirk wrote:Caught up.
Town
Creature
KTS
Katherine
Havo

Lean-town
Asuka
Cedrick

Neutral
Mumble

Scumpool
Luca
Tchill
MariaR
Implosion
Gamma

VOTE: Gamma
I agree with Hopkirk's townreads so that slot can be town for now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Creature »

Not convinced...
Sigh
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: creature
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 891, Creature wrote:Not convinced...
Okay, I guess I haven't asked you directly yet, so, why are you voting me?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount's there now
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Good call on not lynching mumble guys.

Katherine and mumble have provided great catch up's.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 889, Ausuka wrote:
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote:Ausuka's -
"If there's scum on Tchill it's Gamma"
- this is pretty bad given the lack of explanation, and given Ausuka was also scumreading and voting Tchill at the time - It's like she's already portioning blame for a potential mislynch.
Okay so this is total bullshit. Not explaining one minor scumread in the post that I state it doesn't make me scum by any stretch of the imagination. Just because I was voting and scumreading Tchill very early on does not mean that I am certain he is scum and anyone who votes him is immune to suspicion. And nobody's planning to pin a mislynch on anybody on page 8.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - I don't get why she felt better about Maria after that exchange? I didn't personally think Maria came out of it looking that good, so I was surprised to see this unvote.
I understood her ideas better afterwards, so I could see them coming from town. The fact that she apparently has lingered onto her scumread on me this whole time, despite the fact I went through all her points and she didn't seem to hold onto any of them at the end, does make me suspicious, but like that exchange itself did clear things up.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - she moves the goalposts against Tchill - he wasn't suspecting you based on your '
reasons'
- he was suspecting you based on your retaliatory vote.
Yeah, and I was asking him why the "retaliatory vote" wasn't just a regular town response to a post, and was instead an OMGUS vote worthy of suspicion.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - this pinged me as being a bit OTT to link four town games like that, and I believe Katherine was referring more to her own place in the table than the table itself.
OK so now it's alignment indicative to link too many games for meta???????? Pretty sure you're just trying to manufacture a case for me at this point.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: -
"Maria definitely could be town here. IIRC we scumread each other last time we played together"
- yeah, and how does that relate to her being town this game? This feels like a possible attempt to make Maria think twice before scumreading her. She's also a bit sneaky in how she implies I jumped off Tchill only because the momentum of his wagon died down, ignoring the fact I was offline throughout that time and the fact I had my reasons for flipping my read on him. She makes out my vote on Katherine was bad because I hadn't scumread her before then? Err, she probably had about four posts at the time.
If I scumread someone before, then yeah, of course I'm going to give them more leniency next game. Especially since I didn't like her case on me in that game, either.

And yeah, you could be town who just thinks Tchill's reactions were transparently town, and of course that isn't a good point on its own. The importance of it is that as the Tchill wagon is on its dying breath, you switch to katherine, a new rising wagon, with no reasoning at all other than "it's a decent bet" which definitely seems opportunistic to me. I mean, I don't know if you mean that you're voting katherine for being a lurker which would make more sense I guess, although it still seems weird that you hop on katherine for lurking when Mumble made, like, 1 post, and it was like one day into the game.

And no that's not the reason your vote was bad. But it does mean there wasn't prior reasoning you gave for the wagon that would justify voting him.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - Suddenly has me in the bottom tier based on the above. All traces of her opinion that my posts
'made sense'
and
'came from a townie mindset'
have been obliviated.
Well, yeah, that's the thing with early weak reads. They're weak, and I'll easily replace them if I find anything stronger.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - This is a weird reaction - like, why not question why they exist instead of making a sarcastic remark?
I mean, that post is kinda questioning why they exist. Also sarcastic remarks are my thing.
In post 854, Luca Blight wrote: - Weird defence of Havo - the reasons for why I voted him were clearly explained so I don't see what she doesn't 'get' there.
Your vote on Havo wasn't on page 25 though. KTS and Cedrick both blank-voted Havo on page 25, presumably due to something he did. But I didn't see anything AI he did and I didn't get the votes, hence that post.

1. No, it's not BS. Saying '
I scumread Tchill and am voting him, but if he's town then Gamma is the scum on the wagon'
is BS. From your POV, if you're town, you shouldn't even be assuming there must be scum on the wagon - you found reason enough to scumread him, so why would scum have to be voting him?

2. What in particular did she say that made you think she was town?

3. Probably due to the defensive nature of it.

4. Right, first off I wasn't making a
'case
' I was simply ISO'ing you and giving my thoughts. Secondly, you're twisting my point - of course it isn't AI to link games of meta; I think I specified clearly enough why this particular example pinged me. It was like you were geared up to defend yourself on this issue - at the slightest mention of your table, which I still don't believe was Katherine's main point, you're like 'YOU CAN'T SCUMREAD ME FOR THAT LOOK AT THESE GAMES' - as I said, it just seemed OTT.

5. How can I help the fact that I unvoted when Tchill's wagon was '
on its dying breath'
given I was sleeping during that time? I laid-out my thought-process; I'm not sure what more I can do there. Since when is switching to a
'rising
' wagon early game scummy? It's what most people have done this game, and yet you pinpoint me for this? I think it's obvious why I voted Katherine at that point, and the reason I've been reluctant to vote Mumble is because I've seen how scummy he can play as town.

6. Your reasoning for flipping your read on me was really weak, though - I could just about understand it if I became null, but you seemed to forget my early
'townie
' posts ever happened.

7. Well it didn't elicit any answers, and you don't seem bothered by that.

8. Presumably they agreed with my reasoning? What were the '
playstyle things'
you were referring to?
Cedrick
Cedrick
Goon
Cedrick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Cedrick »

In post 895, Tchill13 wrote:Good call on not lynching mumble guys.

Almost as good as yours and havo’s
One thing about life, you going to lose more than you going to win, but are you going to get up?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Killthestory »

smh
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 897, Cedrick wrote:

Almost as good as yours and havo’s
My catch up was great. Oh wait. I didn’t provide one cause I haven’t needed too.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”