Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:It does not look like good reasoning either, since in my experience scum try to be off miselim wagons if at all possible - or at the very least do a 1 on 1 off kinda thing.
I think both mafs jumping on the Tidus and the worst wagons makes perfect sense. The Tidus vote is very easy to justify because there wasn't much time before the day phase ended and Tidus wasn't doing himself any favors with his half assed engagement with the game. After that, all maf had to do was miselim two townies and there were many good candidates for that, unucky for them we just got an extra day phase.
In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:The idea of just writing you or GM off as town just because you were not on the wagons seems silly.
Not shit I'm writing myself off, I know I'm town. gm however I'm not writing off, I think its possible that he's maf. The only person i'm confident is town is cat.jpeg
In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:Like the fact that catboi opposed the tidus wagon, but compromised because we were approaching deadline.
His reason for opposing the Tidus wagon amounted to "eliminating newbies day 1 is bad for the forum" and in the end he joined the wagon anyway. All of this while I posted a well reasoned explanation for why Tidus wasn't maf that Catboi paid no mind to.
In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:And like, it is also the fact that it is coming from you - someone suspicious, and are also not in the list of people.

If the scum team was something like T02+GM or T02+cat.jpeg, you would absolutely need to angle into getting elims inside that list. So your position in reference to the suggestion is not great
I don't understand what this means. What list? What position? What suggestion? Explain please.
I'll just say this, T02+cat.jpeg is the worst scumread I have ever read the game so far.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 8:57 am

In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:And like, it is also the fact that it is coming from you - someone suspicious, and are also not in the list of people.

If the scum team was something like T02+GM or T02+cat.jpeg, you would absolutely need to angle into getting elims inside that list. So your position in reference to the suggestion is not great
Also you're trying to turn this into an us vs them scenario where the 4 people I pointed to are all conviently townreads and completely disregarding the fact they miselim'd two people then conveniently pointed the finger on me who's voted for him in both days.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 am

In post 874, syugar wrote:i guess but it will take forever
I'm worried about this too after what happend day 2.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 3.01

Not Voting (7): cat.jpeg, goodmorning, bellaphant, syugar, Lukewarm, catboi, Takemikazuchi02

With 7 alive it takes 4 to Eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-27 07:32:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 am

Post by syugar »

I claim VT, I'd like to just get this over with but claim how you want. I can just say I did my own fast
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 am

Post by syugar »

I'm frozen and cannot play the game until I know claims basically
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:07 am

Post by syugar »

In post 875, Takemikazuchi02 wrote: I'll just say this, T02+cat.jpeg is the worst scumread I have ever read the game so far.
lmao I don't even know btw, I can empathize with anything at this point. Scum is playing extremely well and it minimum I have hard townread 1 scum at this point at any point in the game.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:13 am

Post by syugar »

I do the worst in this style of game because I typically heavily rely on my d1 reads and fall off afterwards
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:13 am

Post by catboi »

In post 875, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I think both mafs jumping on the Tidus and the worst wagons makes perfect sense. The Tidus vote is very easy to justify because there wasn't much time before the day phase ended and Tidus wasn't doing himself any favors with his half assed engagement with the game. After that, all maf had to do was miselim two townies and there were many good candidates for that, unucky for them we just got an extra day phase.
This the exact flaw with this reasoning though: both wagons were relatively unopposed such that it was unlikely for another wagon to come up. under those circumstances, scum have no need to add to the wagon, they can twiddle their thumbs until time runs out, and town has to vote on it to secure an elimination. Why does mafia have to vote on those eliminations in these circumstances?

(this is also why i generally do not like wagonomics reasoning, it relies on too many arbitrary assumptions)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 am

Post by syugar »

ya thats all true
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 9:40 am

Lets not waste time with the popcorn stuff. We're gonna need all the time we can get today.

I claim pr, everyone else claim. vt or pr.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 10:40 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 866, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 865, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:While we're waiting for gm to answer, I'd like to point out that Bella, Syugar, Luke and Catboi all voted for tidus and worst and I'm confident both mafs are among those 4.
While we're waiting for gm to answer, I'd like to point out that I don't like this post.
Agree with this and the subsequent reasoning, regardless of T02's PR claim.

--

In the interests of keeping this game moving I'm vt. Don't have time for anything else tonight but I have plenty of anything else to discuss.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 865, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:While we're waiting for gm to answer, I'd like to point out that Bella, Syugar, Luke and Catboi all voted for tidus and worst and I'm confident both mafs are among those 4.

The worst was playing in such a way that he was scum, or really unhelpful to town. I've played with him before and expect better.
I think pointing out voters here is the least helpful bit of vca: unfortunately we didn't have many good competing wagons..tbf a poor conclusion you could draw is that the worsts competing wagon, GM, was scum.

I haven't read the last page.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I like lukewarms post but only like 1/4 paras in t02's response.

I'm vt. I think catboi said a good thing about competing wagons , but I've also has a glass of wine.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I don't disagree that there is probably 1 scum in that list, but two is silly and using it to clear people is sillier.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 875, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Not shit I'm writing myself off, I know I'm town. gm however I'm not writing off, I think its possible that he's maf. The only person i'm confident is town is cat.jpeg
At no point was I insinuating that you should be considering yourself as mafia, and I feel like you have to know that.
I don't understand what this means. What list? What position? What suggestion? Explain please.
I'll just say this, T02+cat.jpeg is the worst scumread I have ever read the game so far.
The list... that you presented... that started this conversation...
In post 865, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Bella, Syugar, Luke and Catboi all voted for tidus and worst and I'm confident both mafs are among those 4.

The inverse of this post says "I (T02), Goodmorning, and Cat.jpeg are all town because we did not vote for both Tidus and The Worst, and I think that that is
1) A bad reason to write people off as town, and
2) That a scum team of you+GM or a scum team of you+cat.jpeg would benefit from convincing people of this.

----
In post 875, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:The only person i'm confident is town is cat.jpeg
The fact that cat.jpeg is your only town read is surprising unless it is coming from your PR claim?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am A VT.

Getting the vt/pr part out of the way is probably good. Then just have the prs claim actual roles in order of scummiest -> towniest.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 890, Lukewarm wrote:The inverse of this post says "I (T02), Goodmorning, and Cat.jpeg are all town because we did not vote for both Tidus and The Worst"
And it especially stood out because this is basically the list of people I was considering eliminating this Day.

Goodmorning=T02>>>>Cat.jpeg > The rest
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 876, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:the 4 people I pointed to are all conviently townreads
Also, what do you mean that the list of names that you made, were "conveniently" town reads?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm VT, which I probably gave away multiple times by now with how I've talked about roles. I had foolishly thought goodmorning's overly confident townread on jumble day 1 might have meant they were masons.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 887, Bellaphant wrote:The worst was playing in such a way that he was scum, or really unhelpful to town. I've played with him before and expect better.
oh cmon don't shovel dirt on him after he's been misflipped, that's unfair. He was off the mark for a lot of the game but it's not like anyone's done better.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:14 pm

In post 890, Lukewarm wrote: At no point was I insinuating that you should be considering yourself as mafia, and I feel like you have to know that.
You literally said "
The idea of just writing YOU or GM off as town just because you were not on the wagons seems silly.
"
Are you talking about other people writing me off? Because your wording is confusing.
In post 890, Lukewarm wrote:The list... that you presented... that started this conversation...
Then this argument makes no sense.
And like, it is also the fact that it is coming from you - someone suspicious, and are also not in the list of people.

So your point is that I'm suspicious as if everyone else isn't, that I'm not in the list of people that I'm scumreading and that if I was maf I would want to miselim townie. Is that really it?
In post 890, Lukewarm wrote:2) That a scum team of you+GM or a scum team of you+cat.jpeg would benefit from convincing people of this.
You can say this about anything. For example, a scumteam of you+bella would benefit from discrediting my scumreads. This is such a bad argument.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 896, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:You literally said "The idea of just writing YOU or GM off as town just because you were not on the wagons seems silly."
Are you talking about other people writing me off? Because your wording is confusing.
*I* am not going to write yall off as town because you were not on the wagon, and I don't think that other people should either.

Meaning your point looked bad and was unpersuasive to me - and that I don't think that other people should be swayed either.

I am not realizing that you were taking every line I said to be me saying why it made you scum. No. At first, I engaged with the idea that you presented. So, like some of those posts are that.

I then added that scum!T02 would possibly need to take this angle with any shot at it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, both of these posts are distantly engaging with the idea - without reference to your alignment.

Spoiler:
In post 871, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 869, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Luke
Why don't like you like my post?
You just said that you are confident that both scum are in a list of players that is exactly me + my town reads lmao.

It does not look like good reasoning either, since in my experience scum try to be off miselim wagons if at all possible - or at the very least do a 1 on 1 off kinda thing.

The idea of just writing you or GM off as town just because you were not on the wagons seems silly.
In post 872, Lukewarm wrote:It also strips context off of the votes. Like the fact that catboi opposed the tidus wagon, but compromised because we were approaching deadline.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Mine
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”