Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Exalt »

VOTE: Jamesbond

I hope you're right. I really do. If this works then it will work wonderfully, but if not then we lose. I guess its all or nothing right now anyway.
JamesBond
JamesBond
Goon
JamesBond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by JamesBond »

Well done Kreriov, you got them. You are obviously the partner of ThAdmiral. Well GG guys i guess, no way out from this, Admiral will just confirm your vote.
JamesBond
JamesBond
Goon
JamesBond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by JamesBond »

When i turn up town but you still get lucky and get a doc save from Wulfy, dont lynch ThAd then Drake, go for ThAd then Kreriov instead of Drake.

Good chance this will be my last words in the game i think. So GL guys.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

It makes sense that jamesbond would be the blocker if wulfy was willing to fake claim to protect him.

Vote: jamesbond
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:51 am

Post by starkmoon »

6 Alive makes it 4 to lynch, good luck everybody.

Alive

DraketheFake
Exalt
JamesBond 4 - Kreriov, DraketheFake, Exalt, ThAdmiral
Kreriov
ThAdmiral 2 - Wulfy, JamesBond,
Wulfy 1 -

Not Voting

JamesBond (Townie) is lynched.

Night choices within 72 hours please (2pm GMT Monday)
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Kreriov »

Well, its over then. JamesBond, you really need to learn how to play online. I guess I can see now how your mistakes were newbie mistakes and not scummy ones. We still would have won had we not been saddled with dramonic. I hope he is still reading this and realizes how horribly he played. I will never join another game in which dramonic is signed up to play.

Grats Drake and ThAdmiral.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by starkmoon »

Night would have seen Wulfy (Doc) dead.

Mafia Win

Grats to ThAdmiral and DraketheFake.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by hohum »

Sorry for dropping the game like I did, ran into some IRL issues.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Mod- Roles and Targets revealed please. Also scum night chat.

I voted for mafia and I took the hit acting like a PR by lurking...in 4 posts!

Exalt- Your reads are all over the place.

Drake was obvious to me, thead had me though I did not suspect him.

Why Kreriov was suspected that much I have no idea.

I agree dramonic was incredibly scummy.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by dramonic »

I don't think I was really scummy

And Kreriov, I consider you easily played worse than me and Jamesbond. He was obvtown.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by starkmoon »

Roles are up in first post, is 3am here, so I was planning on posting night actions tomorrow.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh, and no matter how much you think I played bad, I still killed ABR, tried to kill ThAdmiral and told you to kill Drake when I died.

Even if I played badly, unlike you I have insight.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Sajin »

dramonic wrote:Oh, and no matter how much you think I played bad, I still killed ABR, tried to kill ThAdmiral and told you to kill Drake when I died.

Even if I played badly, unlike you I have insight.
A comment like "I am willing to hammer either one of you, whoever gets there first" is incredibly scummy. You hammering ABR does not matter much as it can be easily attributed to bussing scum at that point.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Wulfy »

First of all:
Exalt-terrible play... I mean, really. Take the game slower or you will always lose.

Kre-Voting, I pray, was a stroke of stupidity.

If I had lost the Thad versus me battle by being lynched, I would have taken full credit. I suppose that people voting James is somewhat proof I lost, but considering that the two town votes that lead to this were unbelievably stupid, I refuse to take credit for this loss.

*Good God, you people are destroying my record here...
w:l:d
2:3:0
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ wulfy: you were a thorn in my side on the last day I am relieved to have won in the end. I figured after everyone had posted after I had claimed I had gotten away with it and that maybe there wasn't a doc and our kill had failed for some other reason the night before.
Your eventual claim took me by surprise and it was a very 50-50 situation until drake came along and made a very well reasoned post that I think pushed things over the edge.

@ Exalt: you will enjoy playing the larger games on this site I think. Activity is always very high and you can push for lurkers with a lot more success.

@ Kreriov: it wasn't all dramonic's fault - I think it's more to do with his aggressive playstyle which can be quite good for the town in other games depending on the situation.

@ jamesbond: really didn't do too much wrong for a relative newcomer. Just got a bit unlucky in the end.

@ drake: thanks for pulling through there in the end buddy.

Overall I was pretty confident of doing well in this game, even when abr put us in a bit of hot water with his suspicious soft-claim (although who knows - if I'd had hammered kreriov when he was at -1 we may have won in the end anyway).

Thanks for hosting starkmoon!
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:33 am

Post by starkmoon »

Night Actions

Night 1

Cop Investigate - Kreriov
Doc Protect - Thesp (ThAdmiral)
Blocked - Exalt
Mafia Kill - Ztife

Night 2

Cop - Skruffs
Doc - Exalt
Block - Exalt
Mafia Kill - Sajin
Vig Kill - Skruffs

Night 3

Cop - ThAdmiral
Doc - Exalt
Block - Exalt
Mafia Kill - Exalt

Night 4

Block Exalt
Mafia Kill Wulfy
Didn't wait for the other night actions as that ended the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:14 am

Post by dramonic »

Congrat Exalt, for being the target of HALF the night actions in the game XD
I'm a hoot
JamesBond
JamesBond
Goon
JamesBond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:44 am

Post by JamesBond »

GG guys. Too bad you hanged me you bastards ;)
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Kreriov »

@ThAdmiral - Yes, it is dramonic's fault. The single biggest disadvantage to the town is the fact that they are uniformed. Its the entire premise of the game. dramonic not trying to get more info and in fact hindering the gathering of info is pretty much the exact wrong thing to do. I had absolutely no doubt he was scum until he flipped. Then for him to vig scruffs when the town is way, way ahead with the lynch of ABR, was just plain stupid. I do not know if I mentioned it during the Wulfy/ThAdmiral CC fight, but that is the purpose for having a vig around. You get the wrong one and the vig gets the correct one that night. Failing to push ABR into either admiting he was lying or falsely claiming when he had a chance is an epic fail for dramonic followed by another epic fail in vigging someone for no real reason.

My biggest regret is that I am not sure Starkmoon enjoyed modding. She did a wonderful job under difficult circumstances. It is to her credit that she was able to find quality replacements and keep the game moving.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

First scum game, first scum win. Could you tell?

dramonic, though your failure to claim your 1-shot ability could have hypothetically burned you if I hadn't been able to hammer you and you'd been asked to reproduce your night action, here it worked seriously to your advantage since it made me think I basically had no choice but to hammer you since we only had one roleblocker and there was still possibly a doctor. A clever play there.

I'll get the QT up unless either of my cohorts minds.

ABR, I was hoping you'd try and pull off a jack-of-all-trades or even town roleblocker claim there. I didn't want to have to bus you, and lynching you didn't even end up earning us all that much credit. C'est la vie.

And incidentally, I still think ThAdmiral's play was pretty solid for pro-town power role. If I'd been a townie I'd have bitten hook line and sinker when he claimed doc.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by dramonic »

Well, I considered saying I was one-shot would've been a bit risky for my own survival too. I mean, "hey guys, I'm a vig, but I can't shoot, and you have suspicions on me!" isn't the best defense. It could easily be a scum-claim XS

But happy to see it had an effect
I'm a hoot
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Thesp »

For what it's worth, I thought Exalt played well, and was frankly a bit surprised that he came under such suspicion. Perhaps I missed something, but he made more sense than anyone else in the game, at least through the point I played.

I am sorry I had to exit the game as I did. I did not want to, but I felt it was best for my enjoyment of the game and the overall health of the game. (So as to lighten the burden on the game as much as possible, I sought and found my own replacement, and replaced into another game.)

I was genuinely frustrated with ABR for his treatment of the game and us. For mafia to work, you need people talking, and while some weren't as active as they ought, I was frustrated by the lack of playing from ABR. I know my post was a bit strong (I even apologized to the mod via PM after writing it), but I tried to make it clear that I thought the lapse in activity was forgivable, and I'd be perfectly willing to get playing is he was willing to get playing. (I know if I had been in the game for two weeks without posting, I would be terribly embarassed, and profusely apologize to everyone for impacting their game as such.)

I was unprepared for a response which was not only non-apologetic, but rude and personally insulting. I can only recall one other game where I've been personally sworn at, and I've likely played in over 100 games (no small sample size). I cannot fathom a sense of entitlement whereby one feels it is his priviledge to ignore mod-set and player-agreed rules for contribution, and flat-out not be a part of the game, yet take up the space in it.

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive to this. I don't know. I know that in my last 4 completed games, 2 of them have had significant, unreasonable personal attacks (to say nothing of ongoing games). I don't know if this is an aberration or a trend, I certainly hope it's not the latter. I'd grown accustomed to expecting top notch play and a friendly mafia atmosphere from the site that purports to be the best site dedicated to playing mafia, particularly based on meeting scummers in real life. Are my expectations too high? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm sorry for any drama I may have caused in the game, I certainly wasn't looking for it. (I must say I was following the game after my departure, and was not envious of those stuck playing what appeared to be a dreadfully yucky game.) I welcome anything constructive via post or PM. Thanks.

Congratulations to the rest of the mafia team for pulling this one out.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

It's definitely not just you. I am also noticing a growing trend in bad behavior and recently had to mod kill someone in a game I am hosting due to it.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:37 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”