Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 893, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 892, Whiskers wrote:The heck is bad about my post there? he's saying, "Scum think this is dangerous!" Either he's town and he's bullshitting us-- very anti-town, yes?-- or he's scum and he's [right / trying to mislead us].
I can say that scum think that I am dangerous. I can say that scum think CES is dangerous. I can say that scum find Vi dangerous. These are not scumslips, and they are not falsehoods.
Oh.

ok.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Whiskers »

Hey, wou;dn't scum just come in and pile on and quickhammer Nacho if he were town?
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Eh, it's L-3 atm, so all three of them would have to.

Plus, they still have to shoot correctly tonight to win the game, so if they just jumped on all at once and misfired tonight, it'd be game over.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 899, Lastsurvivor wrote:a) Yes, you hopped onto a wagon/started suspecting someone, but you were actually right on both counts.
Yes. This doesn't matter a whole lot unless you're pulling the Burden of Proficiency card.
In post 899, Lastsurvivor wrote:b) In the second link, you weren't just hopping on the popular wagon, and the first link didn't even have wagons so I can't really gauge whether or not ff was a popular target.
OK, but I didn't just hop on the popular wagon and hop along; I chose a lynch that I liked and I went along with it. Next day, I not only led a wagon of my own, but I disabled that wagon last minute and found myself another. You're saying I'm scum for being an opportunist and for being wrong, but I've done a lot to bring activity and content to this game.
In post 899, Lastsurvivor wrote:c) Especially in the second link, you have this confidence in those two games that you just seem to lack.
Those were also games where I lynched more scum. I'm usually more happy in games where I tell scum to die and they die and not game where they flip around. Sometimes I click with the game, sometimes I don't. I've been clicking a lot more often now, yes. That doesn't mean I don't have games I haven't clicked in; I like fast paced games where I confront my scumreads and they interact with me. Here, I've had that happen as of the end of yesterday and today.
In post 899, Lastsurvivor wrote:Alright, nice work side-stepping the question. Was TAM your second highest scumspect or not...? And if that's a yes, why did you say that you didn't find him that scummy?
Yes. I explained why I said I didn't find him that scummy already.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Blah. You're convincing me Nacho.

Although Mastin also convinced me in MR mafia and that didn't go over so well.

But I'll think on it.

I still don't really get what you're saying about TAM. You just didn't find your second highest scumspect that scummy then?

What did that make Whisk, your third highest, then?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Votecount 3-7Nachomamma8: Fegelein, havingfitz (2)
Fegelein: DCLXVI (1)
havingfitz: mikeburnfire (1)
Not voting: Whiskers, Lastsurvivor, Nachomamma8, MontyWhittaker (4)

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch, or 4 votes to no lynch.

The day will last a maximum of three weeks. The deadline will occur after (expired on 2013-06-15 17:45:00) (on the 15th of June).

DCLXVI has been prodded.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 903, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 899, Lastsurvivor wrote:a) Yes, you hopped onto a wagon/started suspecting someone, but you were actually right on both counts.
Yes. This doesn't matter a whole lot unless you're pulling the Burden of Proficiency card.
If you'll remember, one of your attackers-- Fitz, I think--

IS

playing that card. And when I brought up, you agreed. You are plenty proficient and the burden is placed on you.
Am I assessing correctly? It looks like you're contradicting yourself.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 880, mikeburnfire wrote:I definitely can't see Nacho making that one statement (I refuse to lynch DCL, ever) if they're both scum
Do you think DCL is scum?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:24 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 906, Whiskers wrote:If you'll remember, one of your attackers-- Fitz, I think--

IS

playing that card.
How so?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:33 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 873, mikeburnfire wrote:Here's my logic:
"That wagon was fast because we were hours from a deadline. If TAM and Feng were both town, then it really doesn't matter which wagon the scum were on, and they were probably the ones who dragged their feet or showed indifference between the two.

Among those that showed ambivalence: {Nacho, Rach, Survivor, Fitz} It's highly likely that at least one of {Nacho, Fitz} is scum, or even both if Fitz is bussing right now.
So you're basing your logic on an "if"? What "if" TAM and Feng WEREN'T both town?

And how was I ambivalent yesterday?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 875, Fegelein wrote:Fitz is a null read, leaning scum generally for backseat scumhunting earlier on.
How was I "backseat scumhunting" earlier on?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:42 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

So you're basing your logic on an "if"? What "if" TAM and Feng WEREN'T both town?
...said the person voting Nacho because he thinks Feng is scum.
And how was I ambivalent yesterday?
Less ambivalent than others who explicitly didn't care who was lynched between the two, but you begrudgingly voted Feng, and didn't comment on TAM until he was lynched.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 911, mikeburnfire wrote:..said the person voting Nacho
because
he thinks Feng is scum.
You didn't answer my question and show me where I base my vote on Nacho on Feng being scum.
In post 911, mikeburnfire wrote:Less ambivalent than others who explicitly didn't care who was lynched between the two, but you begrudgingly voted Feng, and didn't comment on TAM until he was lynched.
You talk about people being ambivalent between Feng and TAM. HTF was I being ambivalent at all? Do you even know what the word means? And there is nothing "begrudging" about moving from one suspect to another when the wagon you're pushing is getting zero support. Nice negative painting.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You didn't answer my question and show me where I base my vote on Nacho on Feng being scum.
As I remember it, your logic was that TAM's wagon shot up as an alternative to Feng's wagon, which made Feng scum. Therefore, two~three scum are on the wagon. There was also the argument that Nacho was scum because he's still alive even though he would be seen as a threat, and the argument that he's scum because he's been on both mislynches (and those two arguments contradict each other). The only other argument is that his 180 on Feng seemed scummy. Is that your main reason for suspecting him?

And yes,
I know what the word ambivalent means
. It applies to others in that grouping more than you, but I included you because you didn't express strong feelings about the lynch of Feng nor TAM. You didn't give a read on TAM, and you had expressed some minimal suspicion of Feng. So yeah,
ambivalent

P-edit: I looked it up. Apparently I don't know what ambivalent means. The word I was looking for is "indifferent"
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Fegelein »

In post 910, havingfitz wrote:
In post 875, Fegelein wrote:Fitz is a null read, leaning scum generally for backseat scumhunting earlier on.
Backseat scumhunting is very much blending into the background, not posting things with a lot of substance, trying to avoid being suspicious, not throwing your vote about much.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 am

Post by DCLXVI »

prod dodge
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 904, Lastsurvivor wrote:I still don't really get what you're saying about TAM. You just didn't find your second highest scumspect that scummy then?

What did that make Whisk, your third highest, then?
The original question was "What made TAM so scummy as to make the last minute switch onto him?", but it wasn't him being that scummy, it was Feg being that townie. At that point, I figured he was scum because he's a worse scum player than he is a town player, and we had two days of him absolutely not doing anything at all for the game and instead prod-dodging like a champ. Fegelein was hitting all of the townbells, and there was no way in hell I wanted to lynch him.

Whiskers at that point was a townread getting stale; most people had done something townier than him at that point. MBF was a strong townread, you were a good townread, fitz looked nice for his Whiskers push, Rach looked fine, Monty still looked fine.
In post 906, Whiskers wrote:If you'll remember, one of your attackers-- Fitz, I think--

IS

playing that card. And when I brought up, you agreed. You are plenty proficient and the burden is placed on you.
1. I'm voting Fitz and am trying to kill him.
2. I have no problems with Burden of Proficiency arguments, but that's not what LS was originally arguing.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 912, havingfitz wrote:
In post 911, mikeburnfire wrote:..said the person voting Nacho
because
he thinks Feng is scum.
In post 911, mikeburnfire wrote:Less ambivalent than others who explicitly didn't care who was lynched between the two, but you begrudgingly voted Feng, and didn't comment on TAM until he was lynched.
You talk about people being ambivalent between Feng and TAM. HTF was I being ambivalent at all? Do you even know what the word means? And there is nothing "begrudging" about moving from one suspect to another when the wagon you're pushing is getting zero support. Nice negative painting.
Respond to my latest post, please.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Nacho wrote:Monty still looked fine
Monty hasn't done shit.

Where is he anyway?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Not lately, that's for sure.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 917, Nachomamma8 wrote:Respond to my latest post, please.
You mean post 916?

All I would say is it sounds like a shit reason to jump on the TAM wagon simply because he was an alternative choice to Fege...who you say is town...and yet who at the time you moved your vote to TAM you were voting. So apparently Fege wasn't THAT town in your eyes.

Also...wrt your response to Whiskers...you aren't voting anyone.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 913, mikeburnfire wrote:
1)...
As I remember it, your logic was that TAM's wagon shot up as an alternative to Feng's wagon, which made Feng scum.
2)...
Therefore, two~three scum are on the wagon.
3)...
There was also the argument that Nacho was scum because he's still alive even though he would be seen as a threat,
4)...
and the argument that he's scum because he's been on both mislynches
5)...
(and those two arguments contradict each other).
6)...
The only other argument is that his 180 on Feng seemed scummy.
7)...
Is that your main reason for suspecting him?

And yes,
I know what the word ambivalent means
8)...
It applies to others in that grouping more than you, but
9)...
I included you because you didn't express strong feelings about the lynch of Feng nor TAM.
10)...
You didn't give a read on TAM, and you had expressed some minimal suspicion of Feng. So yeah,
ambivalent

P-edit: I looked it up. Apparently I don't know what ambivalent means.
11)...
The word I was looking for is "indifferent"
1)...
I said the TAM quickwagon reflected poorly on Feng. 

2)...
I said 2-3 scum on TAM’s wagon initially but backed off that a bit to 1-2.  My money is on 2. 

3)...
I did say that.  I also said he could still be here because he’s completely off the mark.  And for the argument (made by more than one) that Nacho could simply still be here because scum was afraid to target someone who had activated their PGO ability…the same fear would apply towards anyone they would consider targeting so that’s a null point).

4)...
I did not say he was scum for being on both mislynches.  It is however an added suspicion towards Nacho.  FTR I think that one of Nacho or DCL is probably scum and of the two I suspect Nacho more.

5)...
HTF do points 3 & 4 contradict each other :?  They are each reasons I suspect Nacho and combined (and in no way contradicting each other) they have enough weight for me to vote him.

6)...
No….I said his reversal on was suspect.  Since he moved from Feng to TAM you could extrapolate your comment but it’s nots what I said.  His move onto TAM is what I find suspect.

7)...
I’m voting him for being on both mislynches (he is 1 of 2 on both); still being here; and his unexplained and IMO irrational move to TAM.

8)...
It doesn’t apply to me at all.  Have you used the “ambivalence” tell before and with any success?  Or the “indifference” one?

9)...
For one thing…I didn’t even get a chance to comment on the TAM wagon because it happened so quickly.  As for the Feng wagon…I was on it.  That’s shows my support.  What strong feelings were you expecting?   

10)...
I did not find TAM especially suspect or I would have said as much.  I do not typically go around saying I think so and so is more likely to be town.  His town lean from me was evident from my lack of comment wrt him.  

11)...
I was neither ambivalent or indifferent wrt the Feng and TAM wagons…which is the comparison you are basing your suspicion on.  It’s obvious I supported Feng’s wagon yesterday and I gave absolutely no indication of being interested in voting TAM.  Not through indifference but through a lack of reason.

tl:dr;
…your suspicion of me for not caring either way wrt the Feng and TAM wagons is a misrep.  Not true.  And to “cross check” perceived ambivalence of people both on and off the TAM wagon with those only off the TAM wagon is pants-on-heads stupid.  It makes zero logical sense.  Even without considering the fact your categorization of people’s indifference between the Feng/TAM wagons is inaccurate.

In post 914, Fegelein wrote:
In post 910, havingfitz wrote:
Backseat scumhunting is very much blending into the background, not posting things with a lot of substance, trying to avoid being suspicious, not throwing your vote about much.
Uh...I'm posting plenty of substance.  Perhaps you should ISO me.  And I hardly think I'm staying in the background when I initiate wagons on two people I have suspicions towards (Monty and Whiskers) and supported your wagon D1 and Nacho's today.  No blending in fmpov. 

And what is the difference between "trying to avoid being suspcious" and being town?

And wtf with the vote comment?  First off...if i suspect someone is scum I will vote them and keep my vote there until it either shows absolutely no support...a no-lynch dictates moving it...or someone else becomes a stronger read.  How is not moving a vote suspect?  And what is suspect about the amount I have moved mine?  You and I both joined the game around the same time and I have voted more people than you.  So WTF? 

tl:dr;
Your definition, determination and defense of your "backseat scumhunting" accusation sucks.

And FTR…my definition would include things like lurking and sheeping.  Which would probably best apply to Monty in this game iirc.

I would say right now my top three suspects are Nacho, Whiskers and Monty.  I’m not sure about Fegelein atm and I don’t care for mbf’s silly push on me.  I probably wouldn’t support either of their lynches over my top three.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm just not willing to make the jump that [being on both mislynches] = [more likely to be scum], and if Nacho *is* town, then him being gullible enough to be on both mislynches is a reason to keep him alive, so the [still alive] = [more likely to be scum] argument is also not useful. So of your three main reasons for voting him in point 7, I completely disagree with the first two. The last one might have been a good point, but you ignored it when it happened and only called him out on it when day 3 began.
... I did not find TAM especially suspect or I would have said as much. I do not typically go around saying I think so and so is more likely to be town. His town lean from me was evident from my lack of comment wrt him.
Uh, no it wasn't. DCLXVI made a sudden charge after TAM. Nacho and Rach expressed an interest in joining the wagon. You participated in the game since then, but didn't comment on TAM. If he was a townread for you, then I would expect a little bit of a defense or argument on your part. Since you said nothing, you were indifferent.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Are you seriously more willing to lynch Monty than Fengelein? That doesn't make any sense. If you don't think Fegelein is scum anymore, then why do you still think the TAMwagon was scum-rushed?

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 921, havingfitz wrote:Uh...I'm posting plenty of substance.  Perhaps you should ISO me.  And I hardly think I'm staying in the background when I initiate wagons on two people I have suspicions towards (Monty and Whiskers) and supported your wagon D1 and Nacho's today.  No blending in fmpov. 
Defending yourself =/= substance

Throwing away your vote on a going-nowhere wagon =/= substance

Just sayin'.

Here's an opportunity to post some substance: Top three scum reads and why you think they're scum. Go!

Return to “Completed Open Games”