Newbie 2001 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:26 am

Post by enomis »

In post 898, Gypyx wrote:
In post 894, enomis wrote:
In post 889, Gypyx wrote:While i agree when you point out that his interactions with LL point towards him being town,
i also really like the fact that he tries to keep everything organized right now
Why? OMG. How is lining up lynches town?
wait, where did he line up lynches? plus my point isn't even about that, it is that he tries to make the lynch go on in a way that's clearly supposed to help town

and also, you agreed to micc saying that we should lynch micc into enomis, so, if you're so much against lining up lynches, why did you agree with micc?
I wanted to win a bet with Micc. :D But I didn't know that it was not allowed.

Anyways, If you are in my shoes and you are town. It looks like Micc is getting lynched. Would you agree to lynching yourself on day 4? Lynching a 100% confirmed town?

That's why I say I don't see any benefits in doing this. Go read my post where I say that.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
Micc has been prodded. They have have (expired on 2020-05-20 10:53:50) to post before being replaced.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 am

Post by enomis »

Hey, I think 72 should declare intent to hammer and Micc should claim.

Everyone disappeared again....
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 am

Post by enomis »

Most likely Micc is scum, if not he is vt. So tbh, I think 72 can just hammer,if close to deadline.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 900, enomis wrote:
In post 898, Gypyx wrote:
In post 894, enomis wrote:
In post 889, Gypyx wrote:While i agree when you point out that his interactions with LL point towards him being town,
i also really like the fact that he tries to keep everything organized right now
Why? OMG. How is lining up lynches town?
wait, where did he line up lynches? plus my point isn't even about that, it is that he tries to make the lynch go on in a way that's clearly supposed to help town

and also, you agreed to micc saying that we should lynch micc into enomis, so, if you're so much against lining up lynches, why did you agree with micc?
I wanted to win a bet with Micc. :D But I didn't know that it was not allowed.

Anyways, If you are in my shoes and you are town. It looks like Micc is getting lynched. Would you agree to lynching yourself on day 4? Lynching a 100% confirmed town?

That's why I say I don't see any benefits in doing this. Go read my post where I say that.
ok, yeah that's fair, even though putting yourself in a situation you consider as unpleasent just for "change ur pfp lol" seems a bit weird to me
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Gypyx »

and we're one day away from deadline, I think that 72 shouldn't wait much longer until he hammers
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Micc »

I’m VT if that wasn’t clear already.

I really don’t know what we are waiting on. If 72offsuit wanted to discuss things I’d understand the delay, but that’s not really happening.

The only comment I have is that I find it telling that enomis has spent the last 48 hours or so subtly suggesting that I’m getting lynched first here when it should be entirely up to 72offsuit. Enomis wants his chance to fight for a win tomorrow.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Apologies, not intentionally dragging things out.

Will come to a conclusion and hammer soon, definitely in 6-7 hrs time
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
Petrichorus has been prodded. They have have (expired on 2020-05-21 01:15:00) to post before being replaced.
Last edited by Karnage on Wed May 20, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:42 am

Post by 72offsuit »

If Micc is town, I think gyp is scum.

Gets townread by a player or 2 and just conveniently goes afk.
Then contribution is to tunnel micc, while buddying up to petri, townreading him with little reasoning in 899 and buddying enomis in 885.

VOTE: Micc
Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Petrichorus »

I'll bring a catchup in the next couple of hours. My apologies, been pulling some mad shifts.

Oh, hammer happened.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:46 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 910, Petrichorus wrote:I'll bring a catchup in the next couple of hours. My apologies, been pulling some mad shifts.

Oh, hammer happened.
You only had like 7 days to do a catch up, lol
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 am

Post by 72offsuit »

It's not like i quick-hammered
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Karnage »

Vote Count 3.3
Micc (3) ~
Gypyx, enomis, 72offsuit,
~LYNCH~

enomis (2) ~
Micc, Petrichorus,

With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-05-20 16:21:00)

V/LA: none
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Karnage »

Night 3
Micc was lynched day 3. They were a
Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 3. Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2020-05-22 09:00:00).

DEADLINES AND ACTIVITY
  • The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- notifies me of their desire for such via PM or PT, and all night actions have been received.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Karnage »

Day 4
72offsuit was killed Night 3. They were a
Spoiler:
Town Cop

It is now Day 4.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Karnage »

Vote Count 4.0
Not voting (3) ~
Gypyx, Petrichorus, enomis

With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-05-29 09:00:00)

V/LA: none
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:02 am

Post by enomis »

Please claim guys. So that we have one clear.

Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Petrichorus »

Well, somewhat surprised to be here but I'm Doctor. As I said would happen yesterday if we claimed, I would be roleblocked and cop killed. Thanks for that by the way enomis. Completely un-necessary and unhelpful to try and figure out roles yesterday. As I said at the time, it is not and was not in town's best interest to help scum narrow down town- PR.

So, do I follow my gut and say Enomis has acted sufficiently enough against town to be lynched or follow 72's next lynch and go for Gyp?

Right, Gyp, claim. Then I'll make up my mind.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

I'm VT
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

So VOTE: enomis
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:00 am

Post by enomis »

Alright, I think we are doomed. But give me a while to make my case. Because if I am scum, this has got to be the stupidest scum game that I played.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Gypyx »

Yes, I agree that we shouldn't rush things, but on the other side, eon't try stalling for time pls
Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Petrichorus »

Right, so: If I assume that scum are playing to the best standard, enomis boils down to a WIFOM. Did he make a OMGUS move to cover that he's scum?

Gyp and Lucky however comes to a pairing of particularly combative individuals, most of which seems organic, but Gyp's reasoning for suspecting Lucky is sus.
I don't think scum!Enomis would make gyp a universal town-read on purpose, ignoring WIFOM because that a) isn't likely and b) it isn't helpful in deduction. As such I'm leaning towards scum!Gyp actually, following 72offsuit's lead.

That said, my gut says follow the lynchline, but he can be quiet for now.

Enomis, make your case against Gyp. Gyp, make your case against enomis. I want to hear this. What, now you know for certain that the other is scum, lines up as scum moves from D1. I want totality.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by enomis »

Ok. I am going to make a case for why I am obv town by going through an iso of myself.(At least I think that these points is obv town in my eyes).

1)I didn't have a plan coming into day 3. You can see here:
In post 820, enomis wrote:VOTE: gypyx
In post 827, enomis wrote:Actually, now that I re-read the interactions between Gypyx and Lucky, I really don't think they are scum partners
Especially where Lucky call out Gypyx a few times and also Gypyx for copying him.

And you all were right. Lucky was pushing Gypyx pretty hard even before 72 Claim. If Gypyx was a roleblocker, I think 72 wouldn't be pushing this hard.

So this leads me to:
VOTE: Micc

I think I got this right now.
2) If I am scum and I didn't have a plan, I would have killed Petri Night 2.
In post 458, Petrichorus wrote:This isn't a question to catch someone out, but a genuine newb question. Does a mafia special action happen alongside a kill or at a different time. I.e. if there was a rolecop or blocker does their action happen seperately chronologically or alongside? I'm assuming that the latter is the case, otherwise mafia rolecop would be OP.
This is so obvious either a soft pr claim/mafia. This post has a very small chance of coming from vanilla town because VT usually don't care about these interactions. It is only when you are PR, you NEED to be clear. And if you are mafia, you could actually ask this in your mafia pt. Which is WHY me and Micc have quite a big townread on you based on
THIS POST
. Micc was saying something about your other interactions being towny also but i believe if you didn't have this post, Micc wouldn't have you as hard townread.

So why wouldn't I as scum, kill a person who has soft-claimed PR and kill tuxedo mask instead for god-knows-what reason. Why would I kill tuxedo mask? Would it be I have some sort of elaborate plan to keep a person who has high chance of being PR alive???? The most simple explanation is that, I am town.

As for why Gypyx didn't kill you, he didn't notice that the statement I quoted from you was a soft-claim PR.

3) I will repeat my defense of the two points on why you raised that I am scum.

a) I ignore LL during my day1/day2.
I will say here again.
I NEVER IGNORE MY SCUMBUDDY IN A MAFIA GAME
. You can check my scum games in my wiki. You will find out that this is true. I didn't meant to use this to put me as town but since this is your argument why I am scum, I have to do some self-meta here.

Why would I as scum ignore my scumbuddy? Is it that I predicted someone would call me out on this later in the game and I could use this to clear myself as obv town?(Another elaborate plan?).
Simple explanation would be I am town.

b) I defend LL.
Well, I think LL is not scum. What else can I say here. The arguments against him were shit even when I know that he is scum. Would you say that the arguments against him were strong?
You Look at the people who were on his wagon that time.
In post 675, Karnage wrote:
Vote Count 2.5
LuckyLuciano (3) ~
72offsuit, Micc, Gypyx,
72 had a guilty on LL. That's why he believe LL is scum even though the case was shit.
Micc didn't like the case on LL, he unvoted later.
Gypyx jumped on the LL wagon late for:
In post 618, Gypyx wrote: So overall yeah, I feel like lynching LL is probably the best choice there, because even if he doesn't flip scum, we'll probably have a good idea of where the scum could be
VOTE: Lucky
Attention, this is L-1 on LL
What???? Right. That is why this post pinged me so hard then. Lynching LL because even if he doesn't flip scum, we know where scum could be. What bullshit argument is this. I think this is Gypyx thinking that his buddy will get lynched, thus, he jumped on the wagon to get some towncred for bussing his buddy.

4)
I hard townread Gypyx and Petri with Gypyx being my top townread in day 3.
What kind of scum would plan to give quite a convincing townread of his potential opponent in LYLO and make most of the town townread them?

5)
I was willing to take up a bet with Micc, if we are town and lining up lynches lose us the game, I will win the bet with him.
In post 873, enomis wrote:
In post 872, Micc wrote:How about this. I’m willing to accept me and you as lined up lynches. Are you willing to accept the same?
I am ok too. I am not sure what's the benefit of this.

But if you're town and we lose because of this, who about I decide your avatar for 1 month?
In fact, I was envisioning this to be if I am scum, I will lose the bet kind of. But I didn't know that this was against the rules. BUT, I think it is pretty telling that I was willing to take that bet.

6)
The reason I wanted to confirm that you are a doctor late in the game was because I was not as sure as Micc that you are town after you look suspicious as fuck trying to line up lynches.
If you are not doctor, you were most probably mafia because of point number 2 in my case.
Also, if you put yourself in my shoes and you know I am town.
Gypyx SCUM 80% know that you are doctor.
and 100% know that you are doctor after I claim VT. There is pretty much no advantage to you not claiming.

7)
I kill 72 who scumread gypyx instead of you who looks pretty much convinced that I am scum 99%(you scum-read me the hardest in day 3).
To what. WIFOM again? 1 WIFOM could be scum me trying to WIFOM. Multiple WIFOM is just me being stupid and crafting some kind of elaborate plan to put myself in the worst position possible so that I can make this WIFOM argument?

8) I was still trying to make sense of the game when everyone disappeared. Because I was not 100% sure that Micc is scum and wanted more information.

I think the above points are pretty telling to me as town. If you think that I am scum after reading through the points above, I really have no words to say.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”