CurtainDog
CurtainDog
Goon
CurtainDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:46 pm

Post by CurtainDog »

JazzRed was an alcoholic cop. He got MeMe as guilty (night 1) and Vraak X as innocent (night 2). He was killed night 4.
Vraak X was a trainee cop. He became a cop by fingering blackhawk as scum on night 3. Night 4 he investigated shadyforce and got a guilty result. He was modkilled day 4.

I didn't receive any notification that MeMe had tried to recruit me. But then, I'm not an alcoholic so maybe I wouldn't even get a message about it. This also makes Loose Cannon a little less suspicious as he probably wouldn't have known about MeMe's attempt to recruit him either.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:52 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote Count

CurtainDog
- 3 (shadyforce, LC, Fishbulb)
mlaker
- 2 (Antrax, God)
Fishbulb
- 1 (Riven)

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

~marker~
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:29 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Totem wrote:If my theory is corect this looks like almost to easy win for town.
So, what is this theory, Totem? Did I miss it? I'm all up for easy wins! :)
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:32 am

Post by Totem »

CoolBot : you said you can not go to Rumors anymore. were you by chance recruited to AA?

If yes - that could mean we have somebody that
redirects
night choices

that could be connected with:

Code: Select all

MeMe checked JazzRed. He did not accept. He was Alcoholic cop. Why he did not accept?

For the record : From now I believe that AA is protown and not a cult.

Mlakler, Pooky and CD are on the top of my scum-list.
[size=75]Saves London.[/size]
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:38 am

Post by CoolBot »

Where did I say I couldn't go to Rumours anymore? When I was blocked, it was only that night I couldn't go..
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:46 am

Post by mlaker »

Well I'm at a loss you're getting desperate people! We know that there is teetotalers so that sort of clears god. Although I'm still a little suspicious. Totem what is your theory might as well go with that if it secures our towns win!! :D
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by Totem »

Sadly my theory is now false.
Currently I am thinking what can we do about possible rolestealer/redirect
Any hints about existence of such role in the poems maybe? or earlier rumors?

Also do we have any new rumors about people now dead? We should know now many false rumors. Easier to find the true ones now. Let's all look at the beginning of the game. There must be something more to rumors. It has been hinted couple of times that visiting Rumours can be disadvantageous to town. I bet there are evil roles that prey on Rumors goers. Maybe Sk can kill only the ones met in Rumours etc ...
[size=75]Saves London.[/size]
CurtainDog
CurtainDog
Goon
CurtainDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:08 pm

Post by CurtainDog »

I'm inclined to believe electra because what she says about Meme's choices makes sense. Surely the fact that I was allegedly targeted by Meme night one and nothing happened to her must be a point in my favour, regardless of whether she turns out to be pro-town or not.

Just in case people have concerns over why I haven't been to rumours let me give you my reasons:

1) Night one I didn't go because I thought the majority of people would and I thought it was important for the town to cover all its bases so to speak, so that we wouldn't miss out on any information.
2) After DB's day one behaviour I had a strong suspicion that the serial killer (who I had pegged as DB :oops: ) was killing Rumours-goers as a sort of millitant teetotalling. I figured if I stayed home I would be immune to his kills if he chose to target me.
3) Dourgrim in his rules post explained that some effects of going to rumours would be negative, so that was another factor.
4) More recently, I suspect that the people who claim to be rumours staff are really scum,so I think it is quite understandable why I'm reluctant to go
5) The success rate for rumours in the past hasn't been good enough for me to go just for the purpose of getting some more info.

Just so everyone knows where they stand, my suspects list reads: Loose Cannon & Shadyforce, mlaker, Antrax
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:07 am

Post by CoolBot »

So far, there really haven't been any negatives with going to Rumours, have there? I can see not going a night or two; I did the same thing for the same reasons. But not going to Rumours at all seems to be to much, as there are positives to going. After all, why have roles expressly forbidden from going if it was otherwise? I don't like you reasoning, CurtainDog, and I think you may be hiding something with it.
vote: CurtainDog
CurtainDog
CurtainDog
Goon
CurtainDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:33 pm

Post by CurtainDog »

coolbot wrote:So far, there really haven't been any negatives with going to Rumours, have there?
Well, the number of night kills has been really inconsistent each night. Maybe the two mafias and the sk are missing their kills because they require their targets to be/not be at rumours. I think it makes sense, but I seem to be the only one :( And of course I would probably count Zur's lynching as a negative (or have people already forgotten).

I think its time to face facts town, rumours haven't given us anything that a bit of bandwagon pressure wouldn't have revealed. Even the Werebear lynch was largely the result of massive's observations the night before.

In case people have missed my last 10 or so posts,
Shadyforce has been investigated by a cop and found guilty
. I wish VX had kept quiet and gotten more investigations so we'd have a better idea now of his sanity, but hey, we've got to make do with what we've been given.

If people are that desperate to get me to go to rumours, lynch Shady. If he's town, I'll be there with bells on. Until someone can prove to me that the rumours staff aren't scum, I'm happy to stay home thank you very much.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:49 pm

Post by Antrax »

Until someone can prove to me that the rumours staff aren't scum, I'm happy to stay home thank you very much.
Until someone can prove to me the moon isn't made of chesse, I'm voting mlaker. Huh?
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:09 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I don't see how that clears God.
FOS Mlaker and God
for evil crap logicallness
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:22 am

Post by mlaker »

My thoughts on how it cleared him pooky is that he claimed teetotaler and we have confirmed that there really are teetotalers.
FOS pooky
because of your weird post!
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:33 am

Post by Isaac »

CurtainDog wrote: Well, the number of night kills has been really inconsistent each night. Maybe the two mafias and the sk are missing their kills because they require their targets to be/not be at rumours. I think it makes sense, but I seem to be the only one :(
i'd been thinking this myself, actually. The only apprehension I have about it is that it makes the game dreadfully unbalanced towards the town. I mean, it gives us a group of people (teetotalers) who are basically immune to night kills, and then there's another group (AA) that can recruit people to be immune to night kills. I guess with two killing groups and a SK this could be considered balancing, but it still seems like it gives the town too much power for a mod to put out in a game. The upside is that it explains the strange number of kills each night, and why AA can recruit people to not go to rumors and still be a pro-town group. So yeah, I'm not sure about that theory, but i still think it's feasable.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:28 pm

Ok Mlaker, we know there is at least one teetotaler, who happens to be dead, but how does that make god a teetotaler? I know he came out about it day one but only after Dementia did. If i were mafia, and some1 came out claiming to be some role, I would claim the same role and then arrange to kill that person so that the group would be apparently truthful, however I wouldnt do it right away because that would be too obvious and other killing groups might decide to follow up the role claim with a kill
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:54 pm

I meant some wierd exotic sounding role, like teetotaler
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:56 am

Post by shadyforce »

CurtainDog wrote:
coolbot wrote:Well, the number of night kills has been really inconsistent each night. Maybe the two mafias and the sk are missing their kills because they require their targets to be/not be at rumours. I think it makes sense, but I seem to be the only one :( And of course I would probably count Zur's lynching as a negative (or have people already forgotten).
That hypothesis is incorrect.

[quote="CoolBot" I say I couldn't go to Rumours anymore? When I was blocked, it was only that night I couldn't go.
As is that...

Have you or have you not been absent from rumours on nights 3 and 4?

*Finger hovers over the vote button*
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:59 am

Post by shadyforce »

This was how it was meant to come out:
CurtainDog wrote:Well, the number of night kills has been really inconsistent each night. Maybe the two mafias and the sk are missing their kills because they require their targets to be/not be at rumours. I think it makes sense, but I seem to be the only one :( And of course I would probably count Zur's lynching as a negative (or have people already forgotten).
That hypothesis is incorrect.
CoolBot wrote:Where did I say I couldn't go to Rumours anymore? When I was blocked, it was only that night I couldn't go.
As is that...

Have you or have you not been absent from rumours on nights 3 and 4?

*finger hovers over the vote button*
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:50 am

Post by CoolBot »

Night 3, I choose not to go.
Night 4, I was prevented from going.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:47 am

Post by God »

It seems that only being able to kill people that are at rumours would be in this game but it would create serious balancing problems.
CurtainDog
CurtainDog
Goon
CurtainDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:28 am

Post by CurtainDog »

god wrote:It seems that only being able to kill people that are at rumours would be in this game but it would create serious balancing problems.
The scenario I was thinking of is that, along with submitting a target, the maf must state whether they are going to rumours or to the target's house. The kill is only successful if the maf and the target end up in the same place.
If this is the case, it would make sense that the mafia would have a role such as Shady's on their side so that they can determine who goes regularly and who's staying home. It would also explain Shady's attempts to coerce me into going to rumours but that's another story...
Shady's role seems to fill a similar niche to our 2 (or more) insomniacs which, in my book, makes it less likely that they're both on the same side. Likewise, Loose Cannon's role is too similar to rite's for them to appear on the same side. If there's another unarmed vigilante out there that would help to confirm my theories about LC and Shady.

vote: Loose Cannon

and if he's innocent I'll go to rumours tonight.
Loose Cannon
Loose Cannon
Townie
Loose Cannon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by Loose Cannon »

CurtainDog wrote:Likewise, Loose Cannon's role is too similar to rite's for them to appear on the same side. If there's another unarmed vigilante out there that would help to confirm my theories about LC and Shady.

vote: Loose Cannon

and if he's innocent I'll go to rumours tonight.
Or we could just vote you because you're suspicious. Then you wouldn't have to worry about going to rumors. (+ it's already been confirmed that I am a Cocktail Waitress w/ blocking ability)
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:24 pm

Post by Isaac »

Reading the beginning of the thread, the thing that strikes me is that the number of kills hasn't been inconsistent at all. I mean, perhaps Dourgrim got it wrong, but look at the count at the beginning. Two kills each for the first three nights. Three kills night four, one kill last night. All of which could be pretty easily explained with normal roles, especially considering how many role blockers seem to be in this game. So i tend to think that the whole "going to rumors to get killed" thing is b.s. Also! Shadyforce... could you elaborate on why that's incorrect? I mean, you've already revealed your role and all.. how can you be so sure that it's incorrect.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for CurtainDog. Why? After re-reading the thread I (for better or for worse) believe shadyforce. And so Curtaindog looks scummiest because of his hounding (ha!) of the staff of Rumors. So that puts him two away from a lynch, by my count, which I'm comfortable with...

vote: curtaindog

It's really strange, because I'm inclined to disbelieve Shady and especially LC, but I can't seem to find any place where they lied or have used crap logic. Oh well, the die is cast and all that.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:04 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote Count

CurtainDog
- 5 (shadyforce, LC, Fishbulb, Isaac, CoolBot)
mlaker
- 2 (Antrax, God)
Fishbulb
- 1 (Riven)
Loose Cannon
- 1 (CurtainDog)

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

~marker~

Note that this vote count is not all that different from the last one... this is because it seems that we've slowed down considerably here. Therefore, I am regrettably forced to institute a deadline of
Monday, 12pm Central time
. This deadline is negotiable, depending on the activity of the thread during that time.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:18 pm

r u saying ur dice roll told you to vote that way?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”