The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Interesting. I'm guessing that means you didn't take one N1. It definitely confirms that there's a lot more money in this game than just that coming from jobs, in any case.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

These are pretty much a collection of my current thoughts on the money situation. I don't want to get bogged down in it like D2, but I'm starting to think it might be useful for working out who's lying about what they do and their position in the organisation.

So far there are 7 players who we have either had N1 confirmed salaries for via the ladder, or who have declared their earnings. Confirmed are in bold.

Gorrad - 42080
Porochaz - 27000
Raj - 3000

CJMiller - 23180
Zoneace - 14000
Sir Tornado/SensFan - 15000 (or in that area, he said roughly one quarter)
Zwet - 13450

Total - $137,710

The three jobs from N1 only added up to $135,000. Everyone not on this list must have earned more than Raj's $3000 but less than Porochaz's $27,000, so we know at least 11 players had earnings in this range. Millar13 was already dead and three other players were killed that night so I have no idea whether they would have received money at all. Nevertheless, we know that the 11 players not on that list who were still alive must have earned at least $3001 dollars, meaning that the minumum possible amount of money in the game after N1 is $170,721 and the maximum (disregarding the dead) is $434,699. This indicates that the total of all the base salaries in the game must be at least $35,721 and is likely to be much higher, considering how many people were dubious of Raj for his low earnings. The original base salary earning total could potentially have been in excess of $300,000, although I think it's likely that it's somewhere in-between the two.

My question now is what the hell is going on with Raj. We have concrete facts about his earnings from both nights and he claims he did Job 2 N1 but did not take a job last night. If Raj held a low position in the organisation it would explain having to give profits to his superiors and his low base salary. What does not appear to make sense is that he earned $2,650 MORE when he did not take a job. There is also a strange development with Gorrad: his profits fell by $30,250 on N2. It appears very unlikely that this could all be accounted for even if he did not take a job and it states that the highest earner cannot be targeted by the second highest, so the logical conclusion appears to be that whoever is kicking up profits to him did not do jobs last night. Then we have Zwet, who has earned the same amount both nights and I'm guessing (although he hasn't confirmed) that he did not take a job N1 but tried to N2. I have no idea if jobs can be roleblocked or not.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Locke, you're correct. I didn't take a job N1, but did N2. My profits are probably from the underlings in my Lupertazzi family. I'm the boss of it, you know.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yeah, I figured. I wonder if millar13 would have been part of your crew if he had lived. It could just be a coincidence that you did a job and there were people under you that didn't N2 but did N1, so you ended up with the same amount of money. Which one did you take?

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:41 am

I did job 1 last night.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

CJMiller
InHim
Mafia SSK
Al_ko
Locke Lemora
Empking
Zwet
Sens
Raj
Prozac (away message)
Kise
Mneme
ZONEACE

ok that's the list of the people who have posted today.

That leaves us with Magichands, SSF, Gorrad and K7. and it seems likely they'll all have to be replaced.

As to the players that are here and participating. Clearly CJ is my number 1 (as that's where my vote is). I believe he was blocked. But his lame excuse for not using his tracking yesterday, and his erratic behavior today is not allowing me to believe he is a pro-town player.

After that, I'm sort of at a loss. Zwet, while not confirmed town, has confirmed that he, like he claimed, was (at least) one time lynch proof. Truth telling is town-ly behavior.
I don't like that of empking's three posts so far today the first two were just votes, with nothing else, even though the first was a revote of his final vote yesterday and his second was for the lead (and best) wagon, the lack of any content gives me bad stomach feelings. and his third post was just asking CJ how he earned so much money night one (which he should have known since CJ told us he took a job instead of using his tracking ability.) So I guess Emp is my #2 right now.

Participation and content, please guys. We have just over 2 weeks til the deadline, and really don't have a lot of anything yet today.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Zone: actually, I did post earlier this day, but it was a little shorter than normal. No worries though, I dont need replacing. As an aside though, I like this posting-with-ideas-and-logic much more than the caps and insults.

Locke Lamora 2.0: I wouldnt be surprised to find out night abilites could require or be augemented by how much money a player has or how much they choose to spend on it. Gorrad/Gorrads replacement could probably shine some light on this. I do agree the Raj thing is odd though, more money without working. Worth noting it, but not sure what it means yet.

Zwet: you mentioned you didnt use your mass roleblock. However, you didnt mention you had one when you roleclaimed. Why was this?

I dont want to change my vote for know, I dont like CJMiller voting zwet without mentioning the attempt to investigate him, and the fact D1 he left his night action option up to random.org.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

SSF352 wrote:Zone: actually, I did post earlier this day, but it was a little shorter than normal. No worries though, I dont need replacing. As an aside though, I like this posting-with-ideas-and-logic much more than the caps and insults.
Ahh, yes, sorry, I was at work when I made that post so I was trying to be quick.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

SSF352 wrote: Locke Lamora 2.0: I wouldnt be surprised to find out night abilites could require or be augemented by how much money a player has or how much they choose to spend on it. Gorrad/Gorrads replacement could probably shine some light on this. I do agree the Raj thing is odd though, more money without working. Worth noting it, but not sure what it means yet.

Zwet: you mentioned you didnt use your mass roleblock. However, you didnt mention you had one when you roleclaimed. Why was this?
You mean you think some night abilities might require money in order to work? That makes sense, and adds another dimension to the money mechanic. I think one possible explanation of Raj gaining money is that someone else in his crew died and he moved up a position. We know that CJ is in Soprano's crew and Zwet is the boss of the Lupertazzis, but we don't know much more than that about the crews.

I believe Zwet was referring to his 'hide in Boston' ability that makes him untargetable.

Would definitely like to hear from Gorrad if he can get around to it and has something useful he can tell us about the money. Would also like to hear from Raj regarding my theory, as he seemed pretty clueless about the change in his earnings. I've got a feeling that something not quite right is going on but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

One more thing I wanted to bring up:
Dr. Melfi wrote:
Vote Count #6:

millar13 (12) - MonkeyMan576, rajrhcpfreak, Porochaz, SSF352, CJMiller, elvis_knits, hohum, ZONEACE, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora, MafiaSSK, zwetschenwasser

Dr. Melfi wrote:
Vote Count #10:

zwetschenwasser - 9 (ZONEACE, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller, Kise, elvis_knits, mneme, zwetschenwasser, MafiaSSK, Porochaz)

[/i]
We already know millar13 was some kind of third party survivor. If Zwet is town, chances are we'll find scum on both wagons, and there are actually quite a few players who are on both: Kise II (MonkeyMan), Raj, Porochaz, CJMiller, Zoneace, MafiaSSK and Zwet. Of those players, I think Zoneace has been very pro-town and I'm inclined to believe Zwet's not scum because of his lynch immunity proving to be true. The rest I'm going to be looking at again but I'm already dubious about Kise II and CJ's still making it hard to believe him.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

EBWOP: Obviously I'm discounting elvis because she's already dead. It should be clear that everyone on the Zwet wagon except mneme was also on the millar wagon.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:43 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

So why has there not been a CJlynch yet?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:01 am

Post by ZONEACE »

We have 3 inactive players.

as scummy as CJ is, ending a day with 3 inactives is poor play, giving a pass to inactives is worse play. Contunuing to just ignore them is bad, cause, what if one or more of the inactives are scum and just keep passing on them? eventually, we lose by default.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Gorrad/Tom have the combined total of 5 posts. Magichands/Drench/Flameaxe have 2. K7 only has 11, and he's been in the game since the start, which is now over two months ago. This is the 938th post of the game so I find those totals astoundingly ridiculous. We can't keep letting players like this lurk and there are several others who clearly aren't putting a great deal of effort in to finding the scum. What about you, SSK? You don't appear to have that much interest in the game and most of your posts have been one-liners. Got any other suspects apart from Zwet and CJ?

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

magichands, Gorrad, and killa seven were prodded earlier today. I will replace them if they do not post by Thursday or Friday. Please have any interested replacements contact me by pm.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Tony: What?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 am

Post by killa seven »

I did no job last night and earned 9 thousand
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 am

that's all you can tell us?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I tire of this wilful lack of contribution. He's just going to keep avoiding replacement without doing anything useful.

Vote: killa seven

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:41 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Locke Lamora wrote:. What about you, SSK? You don't appear to have that much interest in the game and most of your posts have been one-liners. Got any other suspects apart from Zwet and CJ?
Possibly Zoneace.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 am

Post by ZONEACE »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:. What about you, SSK? You don't appear to have that much interest in the game and most of your posts have been one-liners. Got any other suspects apart from Zwet and CJ?
Possibly Zoneace.
care you explain why?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am

I'm seeing killa seven as town. From his meta, he posts a heck of a lot more often as scum than as town.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Kise »

I agree to that. His lurking accidentally got him vigged in one of our older games. -_-
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Ok, I'm sitting down and finishing this bloody read. Post tonight, tomorrow morning if I fall asleep midway ><. Sorry y'all, life's been tough.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:29 pm

In my 5-person invitational with him, he markedly jumped his activity in LYLO when he was scum.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

So K7 is town because he's not doing anything? Great. Have you two got any bright ideas? It would be nice if the few people who are actually posting here could do some searching for scum, as we haven't managed to kill any yet.

Actually, Zwet, I wanted to ask: what does your PM say about threats to the Lupertazzi family?

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Gorrad »

Ok, I decided that rather than continue my read, I'd start over. Here's the first chunk:

For the sake of saving everyone time, I'm ignoring scummy posts by dead townies.

81: rajrhcpfreak comes out of nowhere page 4 with a random vote.

83: Ash encourages vote hopping.

95: Zoneace delivers marvelous OMGUS

General note: I dislike Al's repeated semantic debates with Zoneace et al. Possible scum tactic.

99: rajrhcpfreak claims 81 was not random. Feels like backtracking.

103: Ash claims 83 was him being a smart-arse. Feels like backtracking.

111: rajrhcpfreak tells E_K to "Get on some time". Could this be a reference to outside communication? I remember one game, my scumbuddy and I talked via MSN Messenger. If that's the case here, this could be a major slip.

112: IHISB bandwagons, as it's "the popular thing to do at this time".

General note: Holy frik, Al's actually serious about thinking MM's Tony? Beep on a Beep sandwhich...I assumed that post was a joke!

129: E_K defends Al, tries to defuse wagon.

136: Did Zwet just softclaim usuper?

General note: Zoneace acted like he's acting here in Weasel Mafia, and was scum.

168: IHISB seriously buddies to Zoneace.

173: Ok, it's not scummy, but if I were in the game at this point this would be the PERFECT burn setup.

179: Al plays the "I'm bad town, not scum" card. Not a happy card to play.

202: People on the A_K wagon who aren't now dead: ashmc1984, fuzzylightning, zoneace, inHimshallibe, mneme, CJMiller.

209: The survivor volunteers to be lynched if Al is town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”