[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Good catch. I forgot about that.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by nancy »

Wait then what were you agreeing with? You agreed then forgot all about it 2 pages later? o.O
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Yup
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 785, MiniDeathStar wrote:
You have (expired on 2017-04-11 09:20:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.
Whomever is Town in this joint should make themselves blatantly obvious please before deadline.

Noodle: elaborate on the things that I've asked for elaboration on.

Loopdan: contribute things, give reads and reasoning please. You've not really done anything all game except ask questions.

Drixx: as already requested.

Chronicle: re-evaluate based on the current gamestate please.

Tes: reads and thoughts in detail please. I have almost no content from you and while I'd very much like to lock you in as Town I simply cannot unless you give me something.

Src: a little more elaboration than <120 characters per post would go a long way to helping sort you.

WM: would love to hear your thoughts on Noodle and anything else you feel like talking about. An updated readslist would be good.

Like, almost no one has given any comprehensive reads for the majority of this game and that really needs to not be the case at this point.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 am

Post by nancy »

Mini ♥

nancy ♥
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:42 am

Post by nancy »

aeLgjallsfkjasklfjaslkfjaskf`saKFÑASPFañFKSALFK
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:24 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm sorry for not giving comprehensive reads nancy, although that's sort of par for the course early game for me. I approach mafia from a rationalist perspective. Day one is literally the worst ever for me because of the near total lack of actual KNOWN info. Like ... I have strong opinions on 4 slots. Two are almost certainly PRs and the other two are my current guess at the scum team.

You already know why for noodle. For Loopdan I couldn't really have made it any more succinct than you did. Asking questions but giving no firm positions is a good way to appear active and engaged without actually giving anything that can tie you down later. Smooth operator MO. But ... it's day one. Take metaphorical swinging for the fences for what it is. You and I are equally unlikely to actually nail it day one (although it does occasionally happen as we've seen).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:35 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I would provide a reads list, but I feel like it would be re-hashing the statements that everyone else made already. I'm going to try to re-read to see if there is anything y'all missed though
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 am

Post by nancy »

It doesn't necessarily matter if people have already said it WM, it's moreso important hearing it from you and knowing what your stances are, and opening the possiblity for discussion with you if desired.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I personally think scum team includes Noodle. Not only for all the reasons you guys listed, but also for his interactions with me. He repeatedly hard defends me from every push against me. Not saying I don't appreciate it, but it's fishy. If he's scum, he would know I am town. However, the way things were going sometimes, I could be perceived as someone who might get lynched. That way, once I'm lynched, it seems like he's town because he repeatedly attempted to defend me. Adding on to that, if he gets lynched as scum, it'll create associations that Noodle seemed to defend me from a lynch. Therefore, I have a higher possibility of being his scum buddy. Hope his makes sense
Sorry if you're town Noodle :/
VOTE: StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:02 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Okay, I'll read everything and respond once I get home tonight. I dont know what softclaim is, and the wiki says nothing about it. Sorry for not participating all yesterday.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:17 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 935, StealthyNoodle wrote:Okay, I'll read everything and respond once I get home tonight. I dont know what softclaim is, and the wiki says nothing about it. Sorry for not participating all yesterday.
I think a soft claim is when you hint towards your role
"I have a night action"
Is this correct @Experienced players
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:57 am

Post by nancy »

Thanks WM that content is super.

Do you have any opinions on other slots as well?

And yes, that's what softing is. Do you believe Noodle when he says that he doesn't know what a softclaim is, given the experience he's shown throughout the game so far?

Drixx I absolutely need more from you than what you've given me here. I'm happy for you to take whatever approach you want to mafia but I don't believe that you are incapable of having naunced reads on Day 1. I want to see you sort the other slots on the table and I want to see you show some motivation here to gamesolve because remaining quiet the way you are doesn't seem like something that town!you would feel comfortable doing as the most likely lynch at this point.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 934, WhyMafia wrote:I personally think scum team includes Noodle. Not only for all the reasons you guys listed, but also for his interactions with me. He repeatedly hard defends me from every push against me. Not saying I don't appreciate it, but it's fishy. If he's scum, he would know I am town. However, the way things were going sometimes, I could be perceived as someone who might get lynched. That way, once I'm lynched, it seems like he's town because he repeatedly attempted to defend me. Adding on to that, if he gets lynched as scum, it'll create associations that Noodle seemed to defend me from a lynch. Therefore, I have a higher possibility of being his scum buddy. Hope his makes sense
Sorry if you're town Noodle :/
VOTE: StealthyNoodle
Looking back - by my last sentence, I meant it'll probably lead to a mis-lynch in the future
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 am

Post by nancy »

Yep, I understood what you meant, thanks for clarifying anyway!
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 937, nancy wrote:Thanks WM that content is super.

Do you have any opinions on other slots as well?

And yes, that's what softing is. Do you believe Noodle when he says that he doesn't know what a softclaim is, given the experience he's shown throughout the game so far?

Drixx I absolutely need more from you than what you've given me here. I'm happy for you to take whatever approach you want to mafia but I don't believe that you are incapable of having naunced reads on Day 1. I want to see you sort the other slots on the table and I want to see you show some motivation here to gamesolve because remaining quiet the way you are doesn't seem like something that town!you would feel comfortable doing as the most likely lynch at this point.
I think noodle is smarter than he is trying to show. By appearing as new, he could garner sympathy and use his new player status as excuse for poor plays (then again, inshouldnt be talking as I use the same excuse)
I also find srceen susp. He hasn't posted good content in a while, and his recent posts seem low quality. He's been bandwagoning and forgetting things. Judging by his early game content, he seems better than that. He could be attempting to lie low as of right now
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 894, Drixx wrote:The difference is that noodle said that a lack of kill would/should result in you being lynched
I thought a night without a kill guaranteed there was a doc existent > nancy!scum. This is the reason I mentioned I'm not sure if scum could refrain from nightkilling (I said
vote
in the post, sorry bout that).
In post 849, TesXX wrote:
In post 838, StealthyNoodle wrote:If someone survives the night, it means we have a doc.
Or that there's a BP or (less likely)scum just nokills
Okay, so scum can nokill (but that'd be risky for them, yes? Because we might not DK nancy next day either. There's also the chance that a doc claim comes around tomorrow). Sorry, I forgot about the BP.
In post 843, Drixx wrote: Stopping a night kill and THEN doing the trade would be much more powerful.
Isn't this kinda what I just suggested...?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:25 am

Post by nancy »

In post 941, StealthyNoodle wrote:There's also the chance that a doc claim comes around tomorrow
No chance. Counterclaim now or never.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Wait counterclaim as in claim that I'm doc?? Or claim that I'm not doc?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Nvm, I understood now. It's not directed at me lol.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:32 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Obviously the doc wouldn't want to counterclaim incase you're scum.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 940, WhyMafia wrote:Judging by his early game content, he seems better than that.
Hmm. Thanks?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 am

Post by TesXX »

nancy wrote: No chance. Counterclaim now or never.
:up:
p-edit
StealthyNoodle wrote:Obviously the doc wouldn't want to counterclaim incase you're scum.
Actually, the doc
would
want to counterclaim nancy because it
confirms her as scum.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 am

Post by nancy »

^ Precisely.
In post 928, nancy wrote:Tes: reads and thoughts in detail please.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:46 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Of course. Wow, I'm playing ridiculously bad today..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”