leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

thats how I play the game anyway. =P and so you are just trying to fuck with us? =P or is that what you are saying i'm doing? =P i'm not really getting it.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

I fuck with you all. How can you call someone anti-town when you yourself don't trust everyone else.
There's no such thing as playing for your team because you have no team. You're on your own trying to catch someone. That's how I look at it
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

interesting point. =) I don't fuck with people though, I play the game how I play the game and I don't take kindly to people assuming things about me because when they do I just know them to always be wrong. =) if a person is going to think i'm scum then lynch me. but i disagree. you do have a team. you have to make others trust you, but at the same time its cursed because scum is trying to do the same. if you are on your own trying to catch someone then you shouldn't care about others. therefore, just lynch one of us already. thats how I see it from what you are saying. you shouldn't care about any other person as long as you get scum. however, I prefer trying to only lynch scum or anti-town behavior.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In post 972, theslimer3 wrote:Even though you failed my test, I'll chose to not hammer you after all.
Listening to what you said, it sounded a bit too much
And this clears him how? :| I don't see it, but I'll take it. Now vote Zabriel.

Can we all lynch Edo?

No.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Bby pls
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Slimer - considering Edo is one of my stronger town reads and you are the other I have no idea why you expect me to agree o a plan of lynching him and then lynching you if Edo is town.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 am

Post by zabriel »

I've been thinking about why I'm voting for Leviathan and it's honestly just his tone and the fact that I have a difficult time reading his writing because I'm a huge grammar Nazi. I tunneled another guy in a micro game for something kind of similar and he ended up flipping town.

UNVOTE:

Assuming that Slimer is town and didn't sell his partner down the river to float by the rest of the game on the towncred, he's demonstrated some good judgment already. How serious was that "let's lynch Edo?" I've got town on Uct and Thor, and I'm willing to give null-townish on Leviathan after some thought and the last few posts. That leaves Edo and Penguin.

PEdit: @Thor - PoE is leaving me with Edo and Penguin. What do you think of Penguin, and do you still think we'd be better off not lynching today?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 976, theslimer3 wrote:There's no such thing as playing for your team because you have no team. You're on your own trying to catch someone. That's how I look at it

This is what policy lynching looks like.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 am

Post by uctriton00 »

What I appreciate now are that everyone has a different posting style:

Zabriel: chimes in very quietly, has convictions
Thor: cattle prods everyone
slimer: plays for his own
leviathan: playing the noob card
edo: uses logic/evidence to make decisions
penguin: infrequently posts analysis walls

7 of us alive, let's assume we get each other killed somehow: DL NK DL NK, will leave 3 left, so whoever calculated it earlier is right, we have 2 lynches at this.

I want leviathan: i don't want that noob card to be played forever
then I want edo: i don't trust that

I want the jail to be on zab
then i want the jail to be on penguin
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 981, zabriel wrote:PEdit: @Thor - PoE is leaving me with Edo and Penguin. What do you think of Penguin, and do you still think we'd be better off not lynching today?

Penguin is an acceptable lynch.
Edo is not.
No lynching is incredibly derpy and I never really supported it and just wanted to see who did - Edo fighting me on it for the right reasons is one of the points that paints him so clearly town.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 am

Post by zabriel »

He's not winning any awards for usefulness, but he reminds me of a wordier pieceofpecanpie. It's enough to get me questioning my judgment. That farewell to Mirhawk drew an awful lot of attention, and unless he's faking the total n00b thing it seems like it would take a big pair of brass balls to avoid bussing and then saying he'll miss him. Guaranteed to sound like "I'll miss you in the scum QT tonight". Do newbscum deliberately link themselves to their partners after the lynch has gone through, or do they shut up and hope nobody asks why they weren't on the obvlynch?

PEdit: Fair enough then. PoE has left me with Penguin. If not Leviathan and not Edo, Penguin is the only option.

VOTE: Penguin
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

leviathan93 (2): uctriton00, Thor665
zabriel (3): penguin_alien, Edosurist, leviathan93
penguin_alien (1): zabriel
Not voting (1): theslimer3

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2013-01-11 14:41:02).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm willing to dance for that one.

Unvote: Leviathan
Vote: Penguin_Alien
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 am

Post by penguin_alien »

leviathan93's posting is rather odd; without meta though I don't know that I'm comfortable reading him as scum. (although I find his comment about being pissed that I was V/LA for Christmas for all of 2.5 days really irritating)

I disagree with whoever said that Mirhawk saying he'd be angry if theslimer3 was fakeclaiming as town means they couldn't be scum-buddies: it would make a very good cover if a scum-theslimer3 had been counterclaimed to either a) give him an out of 'oh, I'm new and did a foolish thing by fakeclaiming as town' or b) setting Mirhawk up to bus his buddy in the event of a counterclaim that made people doubt theslimer3.

WRT theslimer3, he is still pushing Edosurist for some reason but has yet to explain his scumread. Which, given that he supposedly caught out one scum already, seems like an odd choice to me. I'm really hesitant to lynch an un-CC'd PR right now, but nothing he's doing, even if he is playing his own game, is making me feel good about him being on our side.

Otherwise, for those who find me sketchy, anything you want me to address that I haven't? I need to read the thread again more closely, but I'd ask Thor665 if he found anyone's reactions to his reaction-test relevent.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 988, penguin_alien wrote:I'd ask Thor665 if he found anyone's reactions to his reaction-test relevent.

Which reaction test?
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:10 am

Post by zabriel »

To your vote for a no lynch I'm presuming Thor.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 983, uctriton00 wrote:What I appreciate now are that everyone has a different posting style:

Zabriel: chimes in very quietly, has convictions
Thor: cattle prods everyone
slimer: plays for his own
leviathan: playing the noob card
edo: uses logic/evidence to make decisions
penguin: infrequently posts analysis walls

7 of us alive, let's assume we get each other killed somehow: DL NK DL NK, will leave 3 left, so whoever calculated it earlier is right, we have 2 lynches at this.

I want leviathan: i don't want that noob card to be played forever
then I want edo: i don't trust that

I want the jail to be on zab
then i want the jail to be on penguin

I would like to note that i'm not playing the newb card. that is what you are saying i'm playing. my grammar is shitty because I could care less to make it correct because as long as you understand that I am trying to say that is all there is too it. if you don't understand because of my grammar then I can kindly make sure you do understand. i'm by no means playing the newb card. you are putting that on me yourself. I am surprised by the change in heart for everyone but would indeed be interested in a penguin lynch. (as I have stated before). UNVOTE:

VOTE: penguin he is now at L-1.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 990, zabriel wrote:To your vote for a no lynch I'm presuming Thor.

Maybe, but seeing as how I already explicitly explained a result I would tend to think that would be silly to ask.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am

Post by leviathan93 »

also penguin, I do have meta. look at my scum game to see it if you care. i have played numerous games that have ended. i play multiple games at a time.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 984, Thor665 wrote:No lynching is incredibly derpy and I never really supported it and just wanted to see who did - Edo fighting me on it for the right reasons is one of the points that paints him so clearly town.

What zabriel said. So why are you pretending like you have no idea what you're talking about when I'm referencing something you explained less than five posts before mine? (and was a pretty obvious reaction test for anyone who's ever played with you or seen one of your games--Thor665 not wanting to lynch on such skimpy grounds?) To reiterate, I'm asking if you found anything relevant aside from enforcing Edosurist as town, a player whom no one has suggested as scum aside from theslimer3 who hasn't indicated that he stands or ever did stand by that read.

leviathan93, assuming you're talking about Micro 79 as your scum game, I'm not seeing a huge difference in how you're posting here versus there. @zabriel, if you read the fallout thread over there, you'll see that he was characterized as not behaving like newb-scum normally would, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was attempting to emulate the townish transparency of thought.

I still don't like leviathan93's attempting to dissuade us from lynches over the past three days in various places by saying that we shouldn't lynch unless we have optimal odds. And after reading over his ISO, I don't think I'm mischaracterizing him. Since zabriel is being active and involved, and his lack of such earlier was a main motivation behind my voting him (plus what someone else said about Mirhawk putting him forward as his preferred lurker lynch is less than a likely scum play on Day One):

VOTE: leviathan93
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 994, penguin_alien wrote:What zabriel said. So why are you pretending like you have no idea what you're talking about when I'm referencing something you explained less than five posts before mine? (and was a pretty obvious reaction test for anyone who's ever played with you or seen one of your games--Thor665 not wanting to lynch on such skimpy grounds?) To reiterate, I'm asking if you found anything relevant aside from enforcing Edosurist as town, a player whom no one has suggested as scum aside from theslimer3 who hasn't indicated that he stands or ever did stand by that read.

Nope, other than that I didn't get a lot of solid reads from it, but a describable piece of evidence to make Slimer stop running around with pants on his head can't be all bad.
Also, I didn't think you'd be asking about it since, as you just noted, I literally had just finished discussing what I'd learned, so... :shrug:

In post 994, penguin_alien wrote:I still don't like leviathan93's attempting to dissuade us from lynches over the past three days in various places by saying that we shouldn't lynch unless we have optimal odds.

How is that scummy?
Also, what has Leviathan done to now shift him into being more scummy than Zab?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

seriously, dissuading lynches from happening is scummy? as town, I don't want us to lynch when we don't have optimal odds. if there are two people going to be lynched and yet someone believes both those players are innocent I personally believe that that player should not vote either one of the candidates and instead vote someone else they ACTUALLY think is scum. not just to lynch someone to move the game along. yes, we need a lynch but no it shouldn't be rushed because its the end of the day. and should be decided as an actual majority vote that people think is scummy. and you are right that i'm not playing that much differently in that game as I am here. thats because I play the same in every single game so there is no way of telling what i am by my meta. I hate that. meta seems like a really weak argument for me as a whole. but i do believe about telling the truth in a game. lying does not help town. some people like slimer may be their own vigilante and taking things into their own and only their own hands but when i'm town I believe in making it clear to town who i am. its how I like playing the game. i am not a newb because of it. I play like how slimer plays. like I want. thinking i'm scum for dissuading lynches is seriously a weak reason and if you want to go after me come up with better please. then I can go to my death in peace and not fighting with you every step of the way. that post of yours is confirming your scumminess more and more for me.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

damn. =P got me riled up a bit. no emoticons. =P
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

My claimed power role makes me too town to be lynched? Then allow me to even that balance since "it's unfair that I have such a unfair advantage"

VOTE: Penguin
An extremely scummy hammer just for you <3
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by zabriel »

Alright. That's the hammer. I think this might be the game. If it's not, make sure you get us some information tonight slimer. We'll have a town yet.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”