Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Piplup »

I'm scum because I have experience outside of this site?

Why do you view me as a strong player?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Hoopla »

My pet theory for the Cheetory nightkill is that GreyICE/MoI are both town, with scum attempting to play them off each and for Grey to attempt to push a MoI mislynch. Or they simply valued killing someone who was seemingly universally townread over players with better game-breaking skills. Either way, as long as we keep lynching scum, those slots get to stay alive imo.
In post 896, GreyICE wrote:There's this ugly moment when you're scum in one game and town in another that you have to make sure your town game nominally matches your scum game. This gets amplified in LyLo, where smart people are ripping everything to shreds to find ANYTHING to give them a hint. Hoopla was obviously scum in that other game, and I feel she's town here.
You have it backwards. I try to emulate my town game as scum, not my scum game as town. What you were seeing in C9++ was me doing an impression of town-me. I don't think about my image so much in town games.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: Piplup

Never really liked Erika's play. Placeholder vote until I get my thoughts together.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Piplup »

Placeholder vote?

Wow. Are you supposed to be good at this game?
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Piplup »

Apparently, on this site you should be somewhat silent, crack a few jokes, not answer questions, use some buzzwords, and then be town read.

Good job. Let me know when you want to actually engage or lynch me. I seriously think some of you are worse players than this mod is a mod.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Hoopla »

While I am now basking in the glow of obvtown status, I'd like to burn some of my newfound town credit on requesting some Piplup votes. Lets see what happens when there's five votes on him instead of two.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Piplup »

Glad we can have a dialogue to help solve the game.

Super helpful cakeperson.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 955, Piplup wrote:
In post 951, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Grey – I am ready and willing to 1v1 you today if you’d like. With a Day 1 scum lynch I think there is room to prove your scum read on me is manufactured even if it takes me being lynched as long as the rest of the Town sends you down the line right afterwards.
So, to be clear here. You think that Grey spearheaded the lynch on one of his partners when there were other options? To, what end?
Yeah I'm definitely of the same mind: if Grey is scum, even if one of (Hoopla, Flavor) is scum, one has to be town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 961, Flavor Leaf wrote:You started to feel the pressure of my Third Degree Boon, and you started pushing me because you felt that, and I hadn’t completely committed to it, even though it wasn’t incredibly obvious I was leaning scum on you.
Oh my god did you just come up with this or had I just not seen it? This is great wordplay.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 894, GreyICE wrote:I'd like to hear a tad more out of Hiraki, and not just because I like him
Good time to announce that I'm V/LA until Monday and I'll be mobile until then. Yay!

Mod: Please note the above
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Just going to stream of conscious some thoughts on players in no particular order:

Grey
- derailed the Flavor Leaf lynch in order to lead a CoA wagon. The only reason to bother doing this as scum, is if you think this play will buy you enough towncred to last the whole game, offsetting the cost of unnecessarily bussing a teammate. Grey knows he's never getting a free pass to LYLO regardless of how influential he was for a D1 scum lynch, and people will be paranoid of him from D3 onward no matter what. I made a similar mistake in C9++ as scum recently, appearing too town too early: no matter how town you look early, that evaporates when you continually keep not getting NK'ed. Grey isn't stupid enough to bus from nowhere without getting the appropriate level of town cred in return.

This is the most confident I've been on Grey's alignment D2 as long as I remember, but a tinfoil
"what if??"
conspiro-theory for a properly balanced report: scum with Flavor, derailing a wagon of a buddy onto
another
buddy for style points.

~~

Gamma
- seems similar to how he played as town in our C9++ game, though I'm not familiar with his scumgame. I'm mostly trusting the group meta on him being fairly readable and not scum in this instance. I think his CoA vote was good. It was really his vote, along with mine and Grey's that seemed to make the wagon a realistic opportunity, and I don't think Gamma was bussing. Not a slamdunk read, but definitely not someone I'm considering a suspect atm.

~~

Saudade
- Came into today thinking he was a good candidate for scum. Lurked out most of the day once the pressure on him evaporated, but I think the thing most in his favour is CoA's reactions to his wagon:
In post 185, CultOfAthena wrote:Current thoughts on Saudade?
In post 250, CultOfAthena wrote:Saudade wagon seems kind of transparently scum-driven, at least going off my current reads.

That gives me pause, actually.
Both came when Saudade/Flavor were locked at 4 votes each. If Saudade is scum, seems weird to comment on him twice while ignoring the other wagon. For this reason I think it actually points to
Flavor Leaf
being a possible buddy -- especially when you factor in CoA's last minute vote on Flavor when she was all but lynched. I also think Flavor's vote is the most likely bus vote of all the CoA votes.

MoI
is the other vote that
could
possibly be a bussing vote, though I'm not too worried about him atm. The only reason I am worried about him is because of Grey's confidence, but again, I like my pet theory of scum keeping them both alive for the town vs. town death tunnel potential.

I'm still liking
StefanB
for town based off the way he was reacting to me yesterday and his posthammer play, and I'm not as sold on
implosion
town anymore, mostly from a PoE perspective. I legit think there's a good chance CoA's wagon was all town. I think the only vote that could be scum is Flavor Leaf, so I'd prefer to lynch off the wagon in: implosion, Hiraki, Prism, Piplup -- with Flavor/Saudade as wildcard choices.

But I need to reread more.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 910, GreyICE wrote:I'd REALLY love to see more from Saudade
My lynchpool right now is him or Implosion. Not final and not PoE but a good start.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 925, GreyICE wrote:UC, please send out a mass daystart email. After the clusterfuck of last night you absolutely need to.
Mod: Can you clarify if scum had 24 hours to discuss and execute the night kill?

Might let everything about Cheetory's death make more sense.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

When I get back, I will decide if Piplup enters that list based on more technical analysis (ie not mobile). Hoopla is off my radar solely because I'm trusting my reads are just wrong here based on public opinion.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Honestly I don't remember Saudade doing anything recently and that kinda worries me, they felt very active to start, they may be playing scum rb style
<Embrace The Void>

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Saudade »

I feel very disconnected from what's happening in this game
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Saudade »

The game was paused for like, a long time and beforehand my wagon on Flavor has failed so I kinda lost interest at the closure days of day1
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 991, Saudade wrote:The game was paused for like, a long time and beforehand my wagon on Flavor has failed so I kinda lost interest at the closure days of day1
:thinking:
why didn't the scumflip get you excited?
<Embrace The Void>

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Saudade »

Anyway unless Flavor's tone and behaviour improves drastically imma vote him tomorrow or something
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Saudade »

In post 992, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 991, Saudade wrote:The game was paused for like, a long time and beforehand my wagon on Flavor has failed so I kinda lost interest at the closure days of day1
I saw the scumflip like, 2/3 days ago? you want me to fake excitement or something lol its been days
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Saudade »

I mean we can dance again Gamma but I've you locked down as town so I've little interest in this
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 994, Saudade wrote:
In post 992, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I saw the scumflip like, 2/3 days ago? you want me to fake excitement or something lol its been days
I would expect a little more enthusiasm but like you're bitching about your pet wagon falling to the wayside in favor of lynching scum? wtf? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
<Embrace The Void>

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Saudade »

Uhhh I don't want to talk to you.
Anyone else wants to dance?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Saudade
I'm fine with this
<Embrace The Void>

StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by StefanB »

VOTE: Piplup,

Ericas reads seemed very strange.

You had scum in Flavor Leef/Stefan before (only read on day 1) you have scum in Flavor Leef/Stefan now.

Interesting reaction to the votes. Implying everyone who votes him is bad.
That is clasic scumdefence.

Btw: I don't want a Grey-MoI one on one. MoI I have as one of the slots that is most likly town from the interaction between him and Cult and the hammer,
and the theory that Grey did revive a dead waggon on his lurking scumbuddy and drove it to lynch is even for someone who likes to buss like Grey farfetched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”