Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by nonny »

Pointless, since I wasn't expecting any comments on the analysis from you in the first place LG. If you do have actual game play comments that would be nice, but since you are sticking with your "i'm a gut player" thing I didn't think so. Whereas I was thinking forbiddanlight would have something to add, contribute, or comment on.

Vote Count!

Viv (2) - Incog, nonny
LG (1) - forbiddanlight
nonny (1) - LG

Not voting: Viv

With 5 Alive, 3 to lynch!
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:Well, some parts of Nonny's case are blatant misrepresentations. A selection:
Nonny wrote:
post 6 wrote:Fair enough. I overreacted.
I don't see why this is needed, she didn't over react. All that was done was ask for an explaination of why admiral overrates meta but was still useing it. He replied, and we get this. Really seems..like an apology and out of place.
I don't see why this is scummy. I extrapolated too far on what I saw as a contradiction and apologized when I realized that I was wrong to be as forceful in posting as I was.
Nab is right on this, Nonny's was a stretch.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: mirth accuses her of budding up over the spacecase claim. Viv insinuates that there may not be a picture to post baed on "independant research" uhm what?
Various image searches for the South Park charater mentioned. I found one really basic stock photo, but going from what I had seen of the townie and miller roles, the standard picture was an impact image macro, and there were none of those.
This line of questioning is irrelevant, it would have been nice had either of you said this back when it was said, but at this point it is meaningless.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 16 wrote: Falcone's case on Farside is fairly solid but also fairly old. There doesn't seem to be anything from the end of D1 (though there's almost certainly material to work with) Why the sojurn to DBE before turning back to Farside today?

On the other hand, if Farside is scum, Admiral's ridiculously blatant defense of her should be underlined in red ink.
She is setting admiral up it feels like, a blant defense does not spell scum in a game where the players are expierenced. In a newbie game I can see this logic, but not here. Also, what does the case being old have to do with it, if you say it's good than it's good.
I only said his defense need be noted, and your grounds for ignoring it are classic WIFOM. I've been over the "old" idea with Incognito. I thought the case was fairly good, I was scrutinizing
Falcone
over ressurecting the case. Only after looking back just now do I realize that he never voted DBE *slaps forehead*
Nonny's right, this does look bad, usually it pays to check if what you're attacking someone for actually happened.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 17 wrote:it's the only experience I've had with Admiral, but it will definitely flavor the way I treat the wagon that's cropped up. (Even if you dislike meta, it's still a fantastic game. It has several big names when they were just starting out, MOS playing the best game of his life, and a 45 page long D1 with no fewer than 4 L-1 wagons)
So she favors the wagon, without really saying much about it? Never actually votes.
F-L-A-V-O-R
Yeah... Reading is good.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 29 wrote:One thing that should have been bothering me more if I had been paying attention. Why in holy hell did farside hammer herself? There would be no point in keeping up the jester facade. I can think of 4 explanations.
-She had just given up
-
There was an outstanding question she'd rather not answer/a general fear of exposing her scumbuddy through defense
-She was afraid her buddy would expose themselves (further) in a doomed (chainsaw?) defense.

-Uber-WIFOM anticipation of posts like this
This post seems...subjective and perhaps purposfully distracting? Especailly the bolded part. Was any one activally defending her? I was saying the lynch was fast, incog wanted discussion before she most likly self hammered. If anything you set her up to self hammer with the l-1 vote. So are you trying to set some one up, or generally curious. Hard to tell.
I'm going to lump together all criticisms about my voting farside D3 here. When I voted farside, I did not consider her self-voting to be a possibility. I was thinking entirely along the lines of "Well, she wouldn't take her Jester claim so far as to self-hammer, so this is safe" (which I thought Incognito's waring was falsely based on). I'm aware of the scum's desire to end the day quickly, but I have
never
seen suicide as a tool of this, and the possibility just never clicked. I challenge those making a case of me, however, to make my behavior scummy and not-simply boneheaded. If I was giving farside a leg-up to suicide, why would I then call attention to the possibility of scum-buddy interaction in the above post (especially in such an awkward manner). Why wouldn't I just communicate a desire to bus, allow farside to self-vote, and apply the hammer at a time when it wouldn't look like euthinasia? I know most of this falls into WIFOM, but it takes a lot of WIFOM to explain away such apparently poor play.
Why is her voting a scum to L-1 being scruitinised? I just don't see this as a scum tell.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 31 wrote: In regards to that appraisal, I was also very much wrong on giving farside and mariyta passes, and that post in particular will probably come back to bite me if anybody ever gets around to the PBPA's they've been talking about. Just because I take my time to make my decisions and value the discussion of the town over my own gut doesn't mean I don't take stands.
So she is aware of the fact she didn't take stances on them. She never mentioned her gut on them, only once asked that farside be allowed to post before her getting lynched, that was day three. So is this covering her own butt....feels like it.
I was saying I
do
take stands. This was an example meant to blast the notion that I have played carefully.
You
do
play carefully, and only now are you beginning to take a true position on things.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote: Additionally, Mariyta was the only one to make an appeal to newbishness with her string of "but I don't want to get yelled at posts". The post that you refrence as my vote was made far before I could have formed an opinion on whether or not Darla should be considered a newb
But mariyta isn't a newb, so why excuse her based on that? She has been playing for quite some time.
If it walks like a newb, posts like a newb, and smells like a newb...
It is a noob.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote:I felt it was more important to shine some light on those I saw as lurkers than to wagon a person I wasn't confident about. Instead of following, I scumhunted
You didn't really scum hunt, you just placed a vote on a new person that no one was voting....this isn't scumhunting. you didn't even really follow it up later.
I attempted to, but was really posting only intermittently and with little time at that point in the game. I do remember asking one question (remember that there was not a whole lot of material to work with), but the time frame on her reponse and my rebuttal was too long to matter.
Nonny, I don't know where you get off criticising people about voting habits.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: Viv goes back and forth. She defends her actions for not voting farside saying she was suspicous but not enough to add another vote. Then defends saying no she wasn't trying to push a lynch on space case. This seems....very off. Why would you in one swoop be seemingly apologizing for not voting farside, then in the other not wanting a lynch. Sure they are different poeple, and that is the exact point. You want us to think you were against farside when you never voiced an opinion as such, but don't want incog to think you were/are against her/her predacessor
You are taking two different situations that I approached in two different manners and trying to eke a contradiction out of them. All you get is a mess. (I did express suspicion of farside in my initial suspects posts, btw)
Stretch by Nonny, had you dropped the last sentence, I would have no problem with this statement.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 33 wrote: Nonny: I've already posted what I wanted to post about the way Nonny played D1. It was lacking scumhunting despite being involved
At this point I can safly say the same for your day one and two behavior. Just because you voted someone different than everyone else, doesn't mean you scumhunted.
Now, see, this is funny, because I've been called on being somehow overzealous on Falcone and Spacecase D1. I was one of the first on DBE (though I eventually saw enough to get off), and my vote on FL was an attempt at scumhunting even though I wasn't able to pursue it.
Nonny, once again, I don't think there's any reason for not voting for two days. Just bad.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post=36 wrote:nfortunate if a preventable mislynch were to be undertaken simply because you had concerns that were never voiced outside of the vaguest of terms and that I never had any chance to respond to.
That looks like an appeal to emotion to me. Ussually these are used as a "don't do it, you'll regret it!" In my expierence ussually by scum or flailing town.
I'm not saying you'll regret lynching me (you will, but I hadn't said that until 6 words ago). I'm was not out of defenses, merely things to defend against (your post as replenished the store). This post remains as a call for the town to hit me with its best shot, so that I have every available chance to iron out misconceptions (see "flavor" above) and state my case. If I played poorly enough to still be lynched after all is said and done, then so be it, but I refuse to give up on stopping the town from making a mistake.
This seems off to me, mostly because you're not refuting anything, in fact you only confirmed what she said.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 38 wrote: She does not: Defend farside directly (i.e. call her town, talk for her) or attempt any of the analyses she proposes. Her only direct address of farside is regarding Gurgi's Uncle Sam picture.
If these are points against me, they are against you as well. Though you didn't promise a re-read, you simply weren't there. I knew the current discussion, looked back on admiral didn't see where him being scummed suddenly got pulled from. Then got caught up in IRL.

I already admitted that I was busy, and didn't pay the attention needed. You seem to be skewing your case against me to look more substaintal than it is. The "mechanics" of cases I "ripped apart" were LG's and anybody looking at them would do the same. The only other case I commented on was Falcone's and only to say it made sense. I didn't cathc much of the admiral cases because I only had time to skim and fully read the longer of posts.
I am not condeming you for not being there (in fact, this period was one of the more active of yours in the first three days), I was simply commenting on the things your play lacked that might indicate you were scum.

I accept your point about Gurgi's case being crap, but continue to note your enthusiasim in attacking that particular piece of crap.

Essentially, my issue with your defense of farside is demonstrated by a later part of your post in which you are able to (in decent conscience) ask "Where did I defend [farside]?", and that the preservation of this ability appeared to be intentional.
No comment needed here.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: I feel more than confidant to do this now
vote vivan
Reading through her play is just off, she never comments on players themself only the actions...She put farside at l-1 basically ignoring incogs suggestion. Her appeals to emotions and promises that had she been around it would be different are majorly scummy.
What are players if not their actions? But even with that being said, it's blatantly false to claim that I did this.

Farside's L-1 has already been covered.
What appeals to emotion would these be?
Why is it scummy to claim that my participation in most of D2 would have altered its course? Given that my last post of D2 was all about ThAdmiral, my opinions on him, and his wagon, do you not think my participation could have changed the course of his wagon?

This appears to be an extremely slapdash conclusion, did you really consider what you were doing when you voted me? Because I've put a lot of consideration into voting you. I've wanted to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thing; signing my name to the wrong wagon now would almost ensure that I am lynched tomorrow, causing the town to lose. I'm still not sure if I want to vote you. There are still many existing and potential accusations to answer and to make (I'm getting to D3, Incognito. I promise!)
She's voted for two different people at this stage in the game, saying that she's very sure each time.

I still like a Nonny lynch, and I won't settle for a Viv lynch at this point in time.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by nonny »

Okay I will respond to LG and viv, i guess. Again not at this time. Not exactly what i meant by commenting on cases.....but it's better than sitting around doing nothing I guess.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Since it's getting to 24 hours since the last post, bump?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Sorry if I've been mute lately. I've kinda run out of things to say pretty much.

forbiddanlight, what do you think of nonny's posts that I mentioned in my 962? At the conclusion of your PBPA of nonny, you leaned town on her but oftentimes I don't think a PBPA paints a complete picture of a person's possible alignment.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DEADLINE REMINDER!!!!!

Deadline=9/29 2pm EST

Vote Count!

Viv (2) - Incog, nonny
LG (1) - forbiddanlight
nonny (1) - LG

Not voting: Viv

With 5 Alive, 3 to lynch!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 am

Post by nonny »

It was quicker to just to an in quote reply to LG and Viv.
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:Well, some parts of Nonny's case are blatant misrepresentations. A selection:
Nonny wrote:
post 6 wrote:Fair enough. I overreacted.
I don't see why this is needed, she didn't over react. All that was done was ask for an explaination of why admiral overrates meta but was still useing it. He replied, and we get this. Really seems..like an apology and out of place.
I don't see why this is scummy. I extrapolated too far on what I saw as a contradiction and apologized when I realized that I was wrong to be as forceful in posting as I was.
Nab is right on this, Nonny's was a stretch.
I was merely pointing out her need to smooth everything over, it was hardly meant to condemn her. The way i saw it she didn't over react, nothing warranted an apology from her play, it just feels off

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: mirth accuses her of budding up over the spacecase claim. Viv insinuates that there may not be a picture to post baed on "independant research" uhm what?
Various image searches for the South Park charater mentioned. I found one really basic stock photo, but going from what I had seen of the townie and miller roles, the standard picture was an impact image macro, and there were none of those.
This line of questioning is irrelevant, it would have been nice had either of you said this back when it was said, but at this point it is meaningless.

Uhm...that makes no sense. So somehow from their only being stock photos you get the conclusion that space case may not have a photo and then later may be a cult figure. That was a stretch. How is it meaningless at this point? i'm not questioning the orginal claim or picture, I'm questioning her behavior.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 16 wrote: Falcone's case on Farside is fairly solid but also fairly old. There doesn't seem to be anything from the end of D1 (though there's almost certainly material to work with) Why the sojurn to DBE before turning back to Farside today?

On the other hand, if Farside is scum, Admiral's ridiculously blatant defense of her should be underlined in red ink.
She is setting admiral up it feels like, a blant defense does not spell scum in a game where the players are expierenced. In a newbie game I can see this logic, but not here. Also, what does the case being old have to do with it, if you say it's good than it's good.
I only said his defense need be noted, and your grounds for ignoring it are classic WIFOM. I've been over the "old" idea with Incognito. I thought the case was fairly good, I was scrutinizing
Falcone
over ressurecting the case. Only after looking back just now do I realize that he never voted DBE *slaps forehead*
Nonny's right, this does look bad, usually it pays to check if what you're attacking someone for actually happened.

I still don't see how the case being old makes it any less "good" So really it looks just like an attempt to discredit it, poorly.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 17 wrote:it's the only experience I've had with Admiral, but it will definitely flavor the way I treat the wagon that's cropped up. (Even if you dislike meta, it's still a fantastic game. It has several big names when they were just starting out, MOS playing the best game of his life, and a 45 page long D1 with no fewer than 4 L-1 wagons)
So she favors the wagon, without really saying much about it? Never actually votes.
F-L-A-V-O-R
Yeah... Reading is good.
Alirght, honest mistake...was sick when i read all this. So you didn't favor the admiral lynch? Guess it's hard to know now since you never clear stated one way or the other at the time

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 29 wrote:One thing that should have been bothering me more if I had been paying attention. Why in holy hell did farside hammer herself? There would be no point in keeping up the jester facade. I can think of 4 explanations.
-She had just given up
-
There was an outstanding question she'd rather not answer/a general fear of exposing her scumbuddy through defense
-She was afraid her buddy would expose themselves (further) in a doomed (chainsaw?) defense.

-Uber-WIFOM anticipation of posts like this
This post seems...subjective and perhaps purposfully distracting? Especailly the bolded part. Was any one activally defending her? I was saying the lynch was fast, incog wanted discussion before she most likly self hammered. If anything you set her up to self hammer with the l-1 vote. So are you trying to set some one up, or generally curious. Hard to tell.
I'm going to lump together all criticisms about my voting farside D3 here. When I voted farside, I did not consider her self-voting to be a possibility. I was thinking entirely along the lines of "Well, she wouldn't take her Jester claim so far as to self-hammer, so this is safe" (which I thought Incognito's waring was falsely based on). I'm aware of the scum's desire to end the day quickly, but I have
never
seen suicide as a tool of this, and the possibility just never clicked. I challenge those making a case of me, however, to make my behavior scummy and not-simply boneheaded. If I was giving farside a leg-up to suicide, why would I then call attention to the possibility of scum-buddy interaction in the above post (especially in such an awkward manner). Why wouldn't I just communicate a desire to bus, allow farside to self-vote, and apply the hammer at a time when it wouldn't look like euthinasia? I know most of this falls into WIFOM, but it takes a lot of WIFOM to explain away such apparently poor play.
Why is her voting a scum to L-1 being scruitinised? I just don't see this as a scum tell.

True it is WIFOM. Well now you know scum can commit suicide, I've personally seen it before. So now you say that you thought incog's inference that she would self hammer was silly, when orginally after being questioned on it you said you didn't see it....This is a small thing, but still.

Lg: because even though it was scum, it cut off discussion and promptly ended the day. Incog had also specifically asked for this not to be done so more discussion could happen. So preforming this act, when already warned of the possiblity, ended the discussion for the day

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 31 wrote: In regards to that appraisal, I was also very much wrong on giving farside and mariyta passes, and that post in particular will probably come back to bite me if anybody ever gets around to the PBPA's they've been talking about. Just because I take my time to make my decisions and value the discussion of the town over my own gut doesn't mean I don't take stands.
So she is aware of the fact she didn't take stances on them. She never mentioned her gut on them, only once asked that farside be allowed to post before her getting lynched, that was day three. So is this covering her own butt....feels like it.
I was saying I
do
take stands. This was an example meant to blast the notion that I have played carefully.
You
do
play carefully, and only now are you beginning to take a true position on things.
What stands have you taken besides recently?

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote: Additionally, Mariyta was the only one to make an appeal to newbishness with her string of "but I don't want to get yelled at posts". The post that you refrence as my vote was made far before I could have formed an opinion on whether or not Darla should be considered a newb
But mariyta isn't a newb, so why excuse her based on that? She has been playing for quite some time.
If it walks like a newb, posts like a newb, and smells like a newb...
It is a noob.
I guess but I personally wouldn't let someone off that has been here since what 04, 05 of as being a newb.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote:I felt it was more important to shine some light on those I saw as lurkers than to wagon a person I wasn't confident about. Instead of following, I scumhunted
You didn't really scum hunt, you just placed a vote on a new person that no one was voting....this isn't scumhunting. you didn't even really follow it up later.
I attempted to, but was really posting only intermittently and with little time at that point in the game. I do remember asking one question (remember that there was not a whole lot of material to work with), but the time frame on her reponse and my rebuttal was too long to matter.
Nonny, I don't know where you get off criticising people about voting habits.
I'm not criticising the vote, I'm criticising that she is calling it scumhunting, one vote doesn't count as scum hunting. If it was too long to matter why keep the vote, IIRC you never unvoted.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: Viv goes back and forth. She defends her actions for not voting farside saying she was suspicous but not enough to add another vote. Then defends saying no she wasn't trying to push a lynch on space case. This seems....very off. Why would you in one swoop be seemingly apologizing for not voting farside, then in the other not wanting a lynch. Sure they are different poeple, and that is the exact point. You want us to think you were against farside when you never voiced an opinion as such, but don't want incog to think you were/are against her/her predacessor
You are taking two different situations that I approached in two different manners and trying to eke a contradiction out of them. All you get is a mess. (I did express suspicion of farside in my initial suspects posts, btw)
Stretch by Nonny, had you dropped the last sentence, I would have no problem with this statement.
Sure you had her in your original list, page like 6? And didn't even vote her, instead you went after a lurker. You treated them somewhat the same at the time, you scrutinized thier play but never voted. Then now you say you treated them differntly. I don't see it.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 33 wrote: Nonny: I've already posted what I wanted to post about the way Nonny played D1. It was lacking scumhunting despite being involved
At this point I can safly say the same for your day one and two behavior. Just because you voted someone different than everyone else, doesn't mean you scumhunted.
Now, see, this is funny, because I've been called on being somehow overzealous on Falcone and Spacecase D1. I was one of the first on DBE (though I eventually saw enough to get off), and my vote on FL was an attempt at scumhunting even though I wasn't able to pursue it.
Nonny, once again, I don't think there's any reason for not voting for two days. Just bad.
Once again, you didn't scumhunt. You were on DBE briefly when Falcone was for the "if no one else is very scummy" you said it should be if "no one is slightly scummy" then let's lynch LG thing. Further you critized spacecase claim up until the point falcone vouched for it. Then the next day you just said his case was "old" Where is the scum hunting? If this is scum hunting than it's very poor at best, and needless at worst.

LG: why do you feel the need to answer for her, and defend her actions? Why do you have to bring up my play in the mean time, especailly because you keep missing the points

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post=36 wrote:nfortunate if a preventable mislynch were to be undertaken simply because you had concerns that were never voiced outside of the vaguest of terms and that I never had any chance to respond to.
That looks like an appeal to emotion to me. Ussually these are used as a "don't do it, you'll regret it!" In my expierence ussually by scum or flailing town.
I'm not saying you'll regret lynching me (you will, but I hadn't said that until 6 words ago). I'm was not out of defenses, merely things to defend against (your post as replenished the store). This post remains as a call for the town to hit me with its best shot, so that I have every available chance to iron out misconceptions (see "flavor" above) and state my case. If I played poorly enough to still be lynched after all is said and done, then so be it, but I refuse to give up on stopping the town from making a mistake.
This seems off to me, mostly because you're not refuting anything, in fact you only confirmed what she said.
Right you say so be it, but say we'll regret it. How is that not an apeal to emotion?

LG: exactly, she did confirm what I said. Threats like this to the town don't bode well at all, and are not commonly used by town except on occasion in newbie games when they don't know how to defend themselves. I'm pretty sure you should know how to defend yourself, so why resort to these threats?

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote:
post 38 wrote: She does not: Defend farside directly (i.e. call her town, talk for her) or attempt any of the analyses she proposes. Her only direct address of farside is regarding Gurgi's Uncle Sam picture.
If these are points against me, they are against you as well. Though you didn't promise a re-read, you simply weren't there. I knew the current discussion, looked back on admiral didn't see where him being scummed suddenly got pulled from. Then got caught up in IRL.

I already admitted that I was busy, and didn't pay the attention needed. You seem to be skewing your case against me to look more substaintal than it is. The "mechanics" of cases I "ripped apart" were LG's and anybody looking at them would do the same. The only other case I commented on was Falcone's and only to say it made sense. I didn't cathc much of the admiral cases because I only had time to skim and fully read the longer of posts.
I am not condeming you for not being there (in fact, this period was one of the more active of yours in the first three days), I was simply commenting on the things your play lacked that might indicate you were scum.

I accept your point about Gurgi's case being crap, but continue to note your enthusiasim in attacking that particular piece of crap.

Essentially, my issue with your defense of farside is demonstrated by a later part of your post in which you are able to (in decent conscience) ask "Where did I defend [farside]?", and that the preservation of this ability appeared to be intentional.
No comment needed here.

Sorry, but even with hindsight I would rip apart his case. It was crap, crap cases even on now known scum are stupid. Just because she was scum doesn't make his case any better. Falcone's case I had nothing to add or sabtract from, but I wasn't going to make my desicion on his case.

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Nonny wrote: I feel more than confidant to do this now
vote vivan
Reading through her play is just off, she never comments on players themself only the actions...She put farside at l-1 basically ignoring incogs suggestion. Her appeals to emotions and promises that had she been around it would be different are majorly scummy.
What are players if not their actions? But even with that being said, it's blatantly false to claim that I did this.

Farside's L-1 has already been covered.
doesn't make it any less valid

What appeals to emotion would these be?
The "you'll regret lynching me" appeals

Why is it scummy to claim that my participation in most of D2 would have altered its course? Given that my last post of D2 was all about ThAdmiral, my opinions on him, and his wagon, do you not think my participation could have changed the course of his wagon?
i don't think it matters, and I have no way to know if it would have besides your word it would. That does my no good, and just makes you look like you want townie points. Either way that is a stupid card to pull, not nesscarily scummy but it could be

This appears to be an extremely slapdash conclusion, did you really consider what you were doing when you voted me? Because I've put a lot of consideration into voting you. I've wanted to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thing; signing my name to the wrong wagon now would almost ensure that I am lynched tomorrow, causing the town to lose. I'm still not sure if I want to vote you. There are still many existing and potential accusations to answer and to make (I'm getting to D3, Incognito. I promise!)
She's voted for two different people at this stage in the game, saying that she's very sure each time.

See, I did consider my vote on you, I thought about it for days before my PBPA just based on current play, and I have thought about it after placing it. And I'm still confidant over it. So you would be lynached tomorrow, you admitting to scummy lynchable play than?

LG: you said you were sure about the admiral....really I'm confidant about viv, when I made the vote on you I was confidant but not as confidant as I am now especially after what incog pulled. If I am wrong than I will have to re-evaulate you. So it's not like I've written you off.

I still like a Nonny lynch, and I won't settle for a Viv lynch at this point in time.
LG: from this all I saw was you defending viv's actions, some of which were pointless agreements and others were just pointless. This beheavior is odd, but I gues you often don't comment on cases and I guess the effort is good, but it's still weird that you are just agreeing with her except a few times when you saw I was logical and right. Have you even said why you want me lynched? As far as I recall it was just from our little back and forth and my lack of voting. So you complain about me not voting, and then about me voting too much. Make up your mind, either way I'm not going to try to appease you.
*insert bad joke here*
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Oh, deadline
is
coming up quickly isn't it. This would appear to be the time to vote or die.

After much consideration, however, I have choosen not to vote. I think Nonny is scummy, but she isn't a lock, and I am actually extremely disconcerted by Lord Gurgi supporting me in the way that he has. I fear that if I voted Nonny now, both she and I would be guaranteed to be lynched in some order D4 and D5, and I don't feel confident or arrogant enough to lock the town into such a course. If/when I am lynched, I urge the town to keep their options and their minds open.

I should be able to check in tomorrow to see if anything earth-shattering occurs.
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

You may be shocked to be informed Nab, but not voting in this situation is not town behaviour. There went all my townie vibes from you.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:23 am

Post by nonny »

mod is deadline rules the same here we need less than 3 or does it stay at 3 votes for a lynch?

For once LG is correct. Plus we have till monday. Incog want to finally weigh in?
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Incognito »

nonny wrote:
mod is deadline rules the same here we need less than 3 or does it stay at 3 votes for a lynch?

For once LG is correct. Plus we have till monday. Incog want to finally weigh in?
Oh, um, yes. LG is town and the scum is in {nonny and Vivian Darkblaam}.

My choice should be obvious.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:38 am

Post by nonny »

well than we are at a stalemate it appears since:

LG: will only vote nonny
Forbiddan: will only vote LG
Nonny: will only vote viv or LG
Incog: is voting viv, find non scum
Viv: doesn't want to vote

Is that right? Seems what I recall everyone saying.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Yes, it's a Marathon Day game but see LG playing as scum: Vengeful Mafia. I don't think our WOMAFIA LG is scum here.

Also, I think forbiddanlight would vote for Vivian.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 am

Post by nonny »

Looked back forbiddan said she would willingly vote me or viv, didn't specify a prefernce. Just said it depended on if we looked scummier than LG.

LG i'm only slightly willing to vote, don't think I'm changing my vote though.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

To be fair, I was doing everything I could to stop Crazy from being lynched, as he was the worst godfather ever.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Incognito »

Lord Gurgi wrote:To be fair, I was doing everything I could to stop Crazy from being lynched, as he was the worst godfather ever.
farside22 wasn't exactly the most pro-town-looking Godfather either though. =P

Side note: Did anyone ever wonder why farside22 was considered a Godfather as opposed to a God
mother
?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:56 am

Post by nonny »

Side note: Did anyone ever wonder why farside22 was considered a Godfather as opposed to a Godmother?
Best point ever!
*insert bad joke here*
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

nonny wrote:

I will gleefully kill whoever has the most votes; if a tie, whoever reached that number first.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Looked back forbiddan said she would willingly vote me or viv, didn't specify a prefernce. Just said it depended on if we looked scummier than LG.

LG i'm only slightly willing to vote, don't think I'm changing my vote though.
More specifically, if we need a deadline lynch I would switch votes. To be fair, Viv has essentially pushed herself beyond LG by deciding to no vote with 5 players. That's stupid and gives the scum a perfect endgame. 4 players 1 scum= 25% chance town victory, 3 players 1 scum= 33% town victory. I don't remember the percentage for 5 players but really, I'd like to lynch scum today since this is our best chance. I'd hammer now but I want to make sure we aren't getting screwed out of any discussion.

As for your question incog, the fact the nonny was ignoring the farside wagon is really odd, and I'm not sure I'd count it in her favor per se. But I couldn't count it too hard against her because it draws unnecessary attention to her. But for now, I'm reasonably sure you and nonny are town. It's a toss up between Viv and Gurgi, and Viv has garnered a majority of my super100% suspicion (LG 65%, Viv 75%, or something like that :)).
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Should I hammer? It seems like everyone has Viv as an alternative or priority.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Essentially, I want Incog's and nonny's opinions on it. I'm not sure if we are waiting for anything.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I don't believe that we are in fact, waiting for anything. MY problem is, that if we get to tomorrow, I am afraid that Nonny and Forbiddan will lynch me quickly. This assumes that you die in the night, Incognito.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by nonny »

I was just looking for forbidden's comments. If nothing else is to be said I'm ready to go to night.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Incognito »

Hold on please. I'm in the middle of a Marathon Day game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm holding.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”