Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Now, I need to go to sleep. Go find me some unicorns.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 966, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 965, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean, considering you lived specifically because we jumped onto George for reasons I still don't get, I thought you would rethink your list. Then again since Owen flipped evil (despite being a traitor who main scum wouldn't know he is it) I guess you'll stick to your guns.

Who would be the remaining 2 scum to you?
With a traitor is it 3+1 or 2+1? I have Vivax, I'm not sure who the third is.

Gera, Alex, Eira are town, I think NM is town right now. I would have stuck on Owen but you and Eira scared me off, I said that yesterday too. I'm null or very slightly leaned on everyone else right now.
Crescent null (holy postcount batman) and Elsa scared him off but doesn't get a townread (or maybe he forgot to mention it?). Meh.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Vivax »

It almost sounds as if he wanted to give credit to elsa for scaring him off Owen, but doesn't read them as town. Eira on the other hand gets that credit and a townread. Then I realize it's not credit but a blame shift.
If he was thinking about his townreads, why is the next thing Corwin thought about the reason he voted away from Owen (and then posting an apologetic reason)? Feeling guilty, that's why.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I'm perfectly happy to die on this hill. Are you?

Better for me to be alive and hunt your partner, but it's perfectly fine town to trade me for scum this early when we've already got one too.

VOTE: Vivax
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Corwin why do you wanna get into a second fight to be eliminated again so soon? Please at least find another person who could be scum. Don't be like Owen and tunnel Vivax all day. We saw how that turned out.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:59 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 946, Alexcellent wrote:There's no universe where scum kills Owen there, unless it's for the WIFOM
thinking about it more, you (and others - ElsaJay in 952) are probably right about which one was the scum kill.
In post 947, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I think there might be a vigilante in the setup. Don't claim though.
go home boys, Goldfish has solved the case....

Vivax - 953 - i dunno, feels like they are reaching for straws on Alex
In post 964, Corwinoid wrote:^ Vivax is still trash. Flip me if you want to, but he's scum this game and I'm not moving off that position unless people find a magical fucking unicorn and a confessional signed by the pope.
what's this??
In post 966, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 965, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean, considering you lived specifically because we jumped onto George for reasons I still don't get, I thought you would rethink your list. Then again since Owen flipped evil (despite being a traitor who main scum wouldn't know he is it) I guess you'll stick to your guns.

Who would be the remaining 2 scum to you?
With a traitor is it 3+1 or 2+1? I have Vivax, I'm not sure who the third is.

Gera, Alex, Eira are town, I think NM is town right now. I would have stuck on Owen but you and Eira scared me off, I said that yesterday too. I'm null or very slightly leaned on everyone else right now.
ok, now i am paying attention.

i didnt have time today to go through yesterday's votes (webinars at work), but right now Vivax and Corwin would be the place i would start. vivax been the penultimate vote on the elimination is :eek:
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Maybe I got used to Cres, but I was expecting more content by now.

Hope you all have had a good day/night so far.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 936, gibus wrote:VOTE: Goldfish, Not_Mafia, geraint
Which of these would you prefer to launch, and why?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Part of me thinks Corwin or Vivax wouldn't be a terrible launch for today, they both seem fairly adamant that the other is scum, a flip there would give a fair amount of info. Thing that gives me pause though is that I can see it possibly being T/T. The one positive is that I strongly doubt there's much chance at all that they're both scum.

D1 Vivax voted Corwin, George, back to Corwin, and finally back to George again. At suggested the scum team may be Owen/Corwin/GB.
D1 Corwin voted Geraintm, Not_Mafia, unvoted briefly and then voted Owen, then voted Vivax for the rest of the day. suggested scum team is Owen/Vivax/???

Probably going to go back and re-read those interactions between Corwin/Vivax/Owen.

Will probably wait for others to catch up. Still haven't heard from Crescent, NM and more or less haven't heard from Gibus. Very keen to see Goldfish's analysis.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.1

gibus (1):
Eiralox
GoldfishFromTheMoon (1):
Alexcellent
Vivax (1):
Corwinoid

Not voting (7):
Not_Mafia, geraintm, GoldfishFromTheMoon, gibus, Vivax, Elsa Jay, Crescent

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-06-21 06:15:00)

Notes:
  • was not counted as a vote.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Thinking out loud again, is there any chance there's a serial killer in the game or is 13p too small for that?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Legally Serial Killer or multiball is only allowed in large setups.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Ah okay, thanks
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

Just looking at those flips Corwin is probably town. It makes me feel pain that the timeline leading to that Vivax vote yesterday probably came from town. Votes that bad are not supposed to come from town. Harassing scum all day with a role like Owen's is a good way to accidentally bus and/or to just get shot by your own team. The wiki is very loose on what Owen's role actually means. though. Are there 2 scum left or are there 3? I'm guessing traitor is supposed to make it like... 3 1/2 scum? I haven't played with an "aligned" role in a game in years.

Fun story: Long before I started playing, there was a power-crazy game with a mafia-aligned vigilante.
He mowed down almost his entire scumteam

Clidd kill feels like Roden kill did last game - Scum aiming for a lower poster and trying to hit town power. Outside of his sus on Gera for half the day, I barely remember anything he championed yesterday.

Also I'm still not clear to return to work and I might not be for another 3 weeks soooo good luck to everyone who was hoping it would help distract my OCD. I am still not cleared to wear the kind of footwear required for my job.

And now with initial impressions out of the way I'm going to read the actual posts since the day started.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Crescent »

I am.. Really surprised that I'm almost a full day late yet apparently the first to mention Owen's behavior making him a risk to get shot by his own team if Corwin is scum.

If they think he's low-posting power and he's all over Corwin like a dog, there's a decent chance they just shoot him. It's very risky to draw that much attention from the scumteam that early with no apparent hints in the ISO as to being traitor. It's just bad play unless he was always intending to look that bad at the end of the day. Corwin being scum only makes sense if Owen was planning to effectively outright claim scum at the end of the day from the beginning, given he was on him all day.

....Which is "possible", given how obviously he did it.. But it would have still been very dangerous to draw that kind of aggro from scum because there was no guarantee he'd get such a setup to happen at the end of the day.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 977, Vivax wrote:It almost sounds as if he wanted to give credit to elsa for scaring him off Owen, but doesn't read them as town. Eira on the other hand gets that credit and a townread. Then I realize it's not credit but a blame shift.
If he was thinking about his townreads, why is the next thing Corwin thought about the reason he voted away from Owen (and then posting an apologetic reason)? Feeling guilty, that's why.
Guilty about what, exactly? I have no idea what this post is actually saying.

No one actually knew Owen was scum, the scumteam included. He was effectively a third party. Corwin has no reason to think retroactively justifying getting off of Owen would help him, and thus his words are just null and can be taken at face value. Both town and scum Corwin would be telling the truth in this situation.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Crescent »

To put it simply:

The votes in question come in while Corwin is already questioning Vivax. Town Corwin gets spooked by these votes and it influences his vote on Vivax. It's weak, but the Vivax vote itself was weak. Corwin's play in general has been weak.

Scum Corwin sees the votes come in while questioning Vivax. The votes spook him into thinking Owen's vote might be gaining momentum, and he thinks Owen is town. He wants to get off of this vote and uses Vivax as an excuse to do it. See post #707 where I detailed reasons why scum Corwin might get off of town Owen.

Regardless of his alignment, Corwin's given reasons for getting off of Owen were true. Acting like it was some measure of guilt seems like a bizarre interpretation.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Crescent »

Goldfish's 3 posts today are awful and she said we'd get reads "in the morning" 17 1/2 hours ago by the way.

Kiiiiinda think that morning's already come and gone...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 979, Elsa Jay wrote:Corwin why do you wanna get into a second fight to be eliminated again so soon? Please at least find another person who could be scum. Don't be like Owen and tunnel Vivax all day. We saw how that turned out.
Also this.

I still want to see something that resembles a legitimate attempt at game solving from Corwin today.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

And you show up for a vote huh NotMaf? Other stuff plz and thank you.
In post 992, Crescent wrote:Goldfish's 3 posts today are awful and she said we'd get reads "in the morning" 17 1/2 hours ago by the way.

Kiiiiinda think that morning's already come and gone...
I feel like it might be possibly better to focus on Fish today? She also did for some reason try to find out what you were actually claiming yesterday.

But another post bothered me too.
In post 954, Vivax wrote:
In post 939, Eiralox wrote:If there's two yet by all the peoples between sea and mount it is called a triumviratus, then Keasar and Krassus surely must wonder who in the shadows lurk? And who then can fault Keasar for thinking life but a jest, and the shadow partner naught but a jester? Ah, but the third was found, for was Pompey the Great not buried under the ashes of hubris?
Great vig claim.

The remaining question is who Keasar is if Corwin is Krassus.
Why (if true) would you even out this as town, Vivax?
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

Seeking a replacement for GoldfishFromTheMoon.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:44 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 996, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 954, Vivax wrote:
In post 939, Eiralox wrote:If there's two yet by all the peoples between sea and mount it is called a triumviratus, then Keasar and Krassus surely must wonder who in the shadows lurk? And who then can fault Keasar for thinking life but a jest, and the shadow partner naught but a jester? Ah, but the third was found, for was Pompey the Great not buried under the ashes of hubris?
Great vig claim.

The remaining question is who Keasar is if Corwin is Krassus.
Why (if true) would you even out this as town, Vivax?
I thought Eira was town anyway, and I felt like solving the riddle. I didn't expect back an answer. That the riddle is out there to solve tells me that if true, Eira already gave the info to reach the conclusion so they don't mind it being outed.

I think all the arguments for Corwin being mafia are slam dunk and it's up to other townies to realize they are correct. I could swing a big speech and just repeat them neatly ordered and presented but I don't feel like it.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I guess we'll never get the answers I was looking for from Fish now, so I'll stick with my heart.

VOTE: Corwin

At this point it feels like Cres was defending both Owen AND Corwin's actions earlier. Maybe she realized Owen might've been the traitor and didn't want either of her teammates to die so she uses her voice and momentum to switch it onto George.

Now she wants to launch the significantly townier Vivax over Corwin? Nah. Not buying it.

If Corwin flips scum I nearly garuntee Cres is the third who has tried to take hold of the game after realizing her partners were passive.

I keep flip flopping here but yeah I don't trust Cres rn.

Edit: don't agree with just pointing it out for scum to also see but you do you Vivax.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”