Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9875 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 9871, Nero Cain wrote:how can scum even get power echo if Hana gives out the powers?
It was a power N3 and N4
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9873, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9865, Toranaga wrote:
In post 9863, Sando wrote:
In post 9819, MathBlade wrote:@Sando:

Please stay out of this.
I'm not getting involved in "this", I'm saying that you need to tone down your responses to people who disagree with your plans. I was called paranoid, by you, earlier for suggesting that Titus was being fed precog info, and now you're presenting it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. FA has called me crazy paranoid for discussing the idea that she let Cerb die without powers N1, and then it's now just accepted that Titus did that N2.

People have legit disagreements about mechanics here, it's pretty complex, you've been presenting the people who've disagreed with you as dumbies when (at least some of them) they're not.
oh math really called you paranoid for it? that's interesting because if someone was feeding titus precog info, there's an extremely good chance it was mathblade.

the 180 on the stance is really telling on math's alignment.
I don’t think,Titus was being fed anything. If she had negate herself or any of the 2 other scummy powers available that night, then it really doesn’t make a lot of sense for scum to kill Shiro. I suppose you could always argue that scum had good reason to think he wouldn’t use his bp but I think, scum didn’t want Ank to tell Shiro she never got a power and while this scenario can make sense with any 3 of the scummier powers available that night, it really doesn’t make a helluva lot of sense with precog.
if scum has someone infiltrated in towncore

you know, someone like mathblade

then killing shiro is essential because when mathblade becomes captain, they can e.g. pretend they picked the NK and give another scum powers. like he did with stungun.

just an example.

and is titus died by lynch with power negate then they will of course kill shiro cause shiro was unprotected.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine
Nosferatu
the worst

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga

math and drixx pool

Drixx
MathBlade

Like, if these are our pools and we went for the long drawn out version of lynching from POE 1 by 1 then scum is just going to shoot from the town pool. I'm not seeing how a long drawn out conflict helps us. Isn't that how we lost Vietnam?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9874, Toranaga wrote:even math is against it now.
isn't that a good point
FOR
it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9878, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9874, Toranaga wrote:even math is against it now.
isn't that a good point
FOR
it?
it's blatantly awful idea dude
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9871, Nero Cain wrote:how can scum even get power echo if Hana gives out the powers?
Okay lol, you don’t quite understand how this works. Sakura can’t give out powers, all she can do is choose superheroes and then they, the superheroes pick the powers. However, we can plan in out in advance, who gets what powers when it comes to the bombing thing and they have to abide by it or get lynched basically.

I might not really be explaining this really well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9877, Nero Cain wrote:
poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine
Nosferatu
the worst

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga

math and drixx pool

Drixx
MathBlade

Like, if these are our pools and we went for the long drawn out version of lynching from POE 1 by 1 then scum is just going to shoot from the town pool. I'm not seeing how a long drawn out conflict helps us. Isn't that how we lost Vietnam?
thoughts Nancy?

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9876, Toranaga wrote:

Please stay out of this.
I'm not getting involved in "this", I'm saying that you need to tone down your responses to people who disagree with your plans. I was called paranoid, by you, earlier for suggesting that Titus was being fed precog info, and now you're presenting it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. FA has called me crazy paranoid for discussing the idea that she let Cerb die without powers N1, and then it's now just accepted that Titus did that N2.

People have legit disagreements about mechanics here, it's pretty complex, you've been presenting the people who've disagreed with you as dumbies when (at least some of them) they're not.
oh math really called you paranoid for it? that's interesting because if someone was feeding titus precog info, there's an extremely good chance it was mathblade.

I don’t think,Titus was being fed anything. If she had negate herself or any of the 2 other scummy powers available that night, then it really doesn’t make a lot of sense for scum to kill Shiro. I suppose you could always argue that scum had good reason to think he wouldn’t use his bp but I think, scum didn’t want Ank to tell Shiro she never got a power and while this scenario can make sense with any 3 of the scummier powers available that night, it really doesn’t make a helluva lot of sense with precog.

then killing shiro is essential because when mathblade becomes captain, they can e.g. pretend they picked the NK and give another scum powers. like he did with stungun.

just an example.

and is titus died by lynch with power negate then they will of course kill shiro cause shiro was unprotected.
But Stun had him in his hardtown core, so what would be the motivation for Math to kill him? But if Titus died with negate, then what would scum have to fear from a Shiro Ank visit?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine
Nosferatu
the worst

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga

math and drixx pool

Drixx
MathBlade

What category is the Math and Drixx pool?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

of course, if scum is just as simple as

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan

then we are all arguing over nothing anyways.

The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

Ausuka replaces Frozen Angel.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9886 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9883, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:What category is the Math and Drixx pool?
its kinda like two people off in their own fantasy land. I think Drixx could totes be scum though.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9887 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Ausuka »

hello!

i'm not really going to read 400 pages I think; is there anything specific I should be looking at?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9888 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Vote: Gamma

read Drixx's, Gammas, Hebi and Creature ISO and tell me wich 3 are scum if any.

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9889 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9882, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Please stay out of this.

just an example.

But Stun had him in his hardtown core, so what would be the motivation for Math to kill him? But if Titus died with negate, then what would scum have to fear from a Shiro Ank visit?
not an ank visit, but the power would be very inconvenient for later gamedays yes?

the stun kill points to no power negation

the ank kill and titus being leader point to power negation

that would mean titus had power negation

and some other scum had precog

math has precog

idk I just want math dead now
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9890 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9888, Nero Cain wrote:
Vote: Gamma

read Drixx's, Gammas, Hebi and Creature ISO and tell me wich 3 are scum if any.
gamma is scum
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9891 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

yikes what a read that was
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9892 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9890, Toranaga wrote:gamma is scum
then vote him, not voting Math save for maybe a compromise policy.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9893 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9883, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine

Nosferatu
the worst

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga

math and drixx pool

Drixx
MathBlade

What category is the Math and Drixx pool?
P.edit. I agree with your reads for the most part. I’m still confused on what the bottom one signifies.

I would suggest that the worst, theta and one of Kokichi/Nos be given bombs and use it on the remaining 3? or maybe just tw and theta?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9894 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9892, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9890, Toranaga wrote:gamma is scum
then vote him, not voting Math save for maybe a compromise policy.
I'm tunneling math until math dies

give me sui bomb and ill blow him up

give me a vote and I'll vote him

give me a vig and I'll vig him

anyway IDK what possessed me to wake up but I'm back to bed
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9895 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9885, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Ausuka replaces Frozen Angel.
Whoa, that was fast.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9896 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9886, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9883, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:What category is the Math and Drixx pool?
its kinda like two people off in their own fantasy land. I think Drixx could totes be scum though.
:lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9897 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9894, Toranaga wrote:I'm tunneling math until math dies
but even if Math is scum and just not the bad town he normally is there's still 2 others. Also, Drixx is way scummier than Math although that's not saying much.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9898 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

All joking aside, I think this is more how I feel.

poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine
Nosferatu
the worst
Drixx

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga
MathBlade

Even if we went just old fashioned and lynched a player each day scum are going to shoot exclusively from the town pool and I just feel like for this to work we'd need a significantly smaller POE pool and them blowing themselves up accomplishes that and gives the scum less ML bait.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9899 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9889, Toranaga wrote:
In post 9882, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Please stay out of this.

just an example.

not an ank visit, but the power would be very inconvenient for later gamedays yes?

the stun kill points to no power negation

the ank kill and titus being leader point to power negation

that would mean titus had power negation

and some other scum had precog

math has precog

idk I just want math dead now
1) Agree scum would want to get rid of medium.

2) Also agree, that Stun kill points to scum probably not having it.

3) Don’t necessarily agree on that. I think Ank mentioned something about choosing medium, so if Titus never gave her a power, then scum wouldn’t have needed negate to kill her.

4) I think the hidden scum has a scummy power, maybe Duplication? since I really don’t see any evidence for PN. The hidden scum could have PN and never used it, Wezther, less likely and Duplication, quite likely. Why couldn’t scum be holding onto a power that gives them an extra vote in LYLO?

My problem with this, is if the hidden scum has precog, why would they fear Ank visit?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”