Backup Mods wanted!

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #405 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

Plans for my Large Normal have advanced to the point where I believe it's about time I ask for this:

Seeking Co-Moderator for a Large Normal game
(not backup mod), which has 24 players.

Beyond having the qualifications for the job of co-modding, I basically require the following:
-Actively relaying information to the moderator quicktopic (which I check daily and often hourly), everything from prods given to votecounts created to actions they've received (along with when the action was received) and such. This serves a multitude of functions, from good record keeping to making sure we don't double up on things to informing me that they have been done.
-Giving votecounts when I'm not around. I only have a few hours each day for MS (which may or may not be enough for me to get a votecount on every page--depends on the activity of the game :P), and never have weekends for MS, so weekend activity is a must.
-Handing out prods when I'm not around. (Mainly, weekends.)
-Being capable of intervening as a moderator would in issues, handling out warnings if necessary, and potentially needing to lock the thread. (Again, mainly for when I'm not around.)
-Being able to relay questions they are asked to the moderator quicktopic for me to see even when I'm away, and being able to relay my answers back if I cannot do so in a timely manner. (Again, this is why record keeping is going to be important.)

What I need the co-mod NOT to do, though, is...
-Answer questions themselves. This has a significant potential to create moderator dissonance between me and them; our answers should be unanimous.
-Post flips from lynches/kills/modkills without my flavor to go along with it unless I give permission. They should also wait a while to double-check with me that the flip is correct. (I would prefer, of course, to handle these situations personally, but if a lynch falls on the weekend, then I cannot personally attend to the lynch.)
-Make a severe moderator ruling, such as force-replacing or modkilling, without my approval first.

Having a co-mod who can do all of this is pretty much the only way my game can be guaranteed to run smoothly. It shouldn't be that hard; I'd be the one doing almost all of the work (unless something goes horribly, horribly wrong in my life :P), with most of the above merely as precautions I want to have in place as a "just in case". I can probably run a good game without a co-mod, but I prefer to have a guarantee (rather than mere probability) of it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #407 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 406, AngryPidgeon wrote:^ I'd be willing to help with that. I need to not be tempted to join any more games right now anyways :P
Alright, then. Position filled. (Well, that was fast. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #458 (isolation #2) » Fri May 31, 2013 10:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

Y'know, having a co-mod doesn't exactly do much good when your co-mod is being V/LA during the EXACT SAME TIME you are. :P

Seeking backup mod for NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia
. They won't need to do anything during the times I'm around, or the times AP's around to fill in for me, but they would need to be around during the times that neither of us are around. :P
Nothing special, though--just giving votecounts and maybe keeping me informed of any happenings during my V/LA.

As a warning--this game is active. Like, seriously seriously active. As in, five pages per real-life day average posting rate, active.

VITAL:
BACKUP MOD
MUST
BE ACTIVE ON WEEKENDS
!
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #688 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 am

Post by mastin2 »

Frick, was gonna in to mod today for the Large Queue, but realized that it's actually a requirement to have an official qualified backup mod, and having Majiffy-having-looked-at-the-game probably wouldn't count.

So, uh...

Seeking qualified backup mod for a Large Theme.

I need one ASAP.

Nevermind!
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Queue”