Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Sajin »

Slicey they were part of the mafia but the mafia were weakened while the other was alive. Therefore they had a sub objective of killing each other.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Setael wrote:This game made me realize I have to quit mafia, which I'm bummed about. Getting speed lynched while V/LA over July 4th weekend after replacing into a game that took me WAY too long to read made me rethink how I'm spending my time. Goodbye forever, scummers!
I don't think you should go, especially if it's because of this game. Try playing some more 'pure' Mafia games for a while, and see if that changes your opinion. It's certainly possible to get too sucked in by Theme Games and lose the thread...

Speaking of which, Kinetic I have a question I didn't have the heart to ask when I died: Why did MoS know I lied? Was it actually Mora's Eavesdrop? Because otherwise I can't figure out how he caught me Weaving Inverted (Saidin, no less), and he doesn't seem to have had any other powers that interact with my role.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Actually and I'm not sure if I missed this:

Didn't ABR say he KNEW someone was scum?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Setael wrote:This game made me realize I have to quit mafia, which I'm bummed about. Getting speed lynched while V/LA over July 4th weekend after replacing into a game that took me WAY too long to read made me rethink how I'm spending my time. Goodbye forever, scummers!
I don't think you should go, especially if it's because of this game. Try playing some more 'pure' Mafia games for a while, and see if that changes your opinion. It's certainly possible to get too sucked in by Theme Games and lose the thread...

Speaking of which, Kinetic I have a question I didn't have the heart to ask when I died: Why did MoS know I lied? Was it actually Mora's Eavesdrop? Because otherwise I can't figure out how he caught me Weaving Inverted (Saidin, no less), and he doesn't seem to have had any other powers that interact with my role.
Yes, you were undetectable, but not untrackable. Mora tracked you. :( It was a little poor design on my part not to make that distinction more noticeable, but that's what happened.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I suppose that comes down to the wording of my role PM, then. So he actually detected my ability to talk to others? Because I don't think Inverted Weaves should be Trackable.. .that's sort of the point of Inverting them.

Also, I'm REALLY irritated at the lack of enforcement of Ability Rule #6. Scum counted on being able to manipulate actions at several points by shutting things down before people could make informed choices. I disagree overall with "all choices must be sent in by lynchfall" games, but if that's going to be the rule, it should be enforced, especially the way you worded it.

You did a pretty good job, especially for a game as complex as this one was, but it really seemed to come apart at the seams several times, with revised detections coming out, holding twilight for choices and the like. I'm not surprised the game ended up revolving around night actions, as it seemed to be the only thing going on compared to the day game.

Anyway, back to sewing my Sammael costume! Good game to everyone who stuck with it...
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Sajin »

I knew you should of claimed aes sedai flay >< Sorry I could not help you more.

I figured out the weaving was detect saidar only. But...I was confused how Saidin would of shown up there in the firstplace if it is detect saidar and not detect one power(flavor wise).... so that led to the false misconception Flay (and myself) had about weave inversion.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

If I'd claimed Aes Sedai, it would have gone even worse for me even faster, because there's no Male Aes Sedai in the game, and the detection grid would have caught me sooner rather than later.

I did screw up by keeping my name out of the Mafia QT for a while, but I was worried about a Traitor role. That was my mistaken, because a Traitor could already have scammed off all the other Black Ajah, and I was distracted by my own importance as a Chosen. :D

I got caught by my role, not the stupid "Jester" herring (which wasn't my best case, but was factually correct rather than misleading, at least). A Jester in this game would have been bad, bad, bad, due to all the Night Actions.

Finally, yes, MBL we were lucky nobody ever listened to you. Good game, at least the portion I was in.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Sajin »

That was my idea. Bleh. Stupid, looking back.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Revised detections were completely my fault, and thus I felt the only way to fix things was to throw them in. I felt that, while it may confirm individual actions, it didn't do anything that confirmed what those actions were.

If I could have made it so I never had to do so, I would have, but unfortunately I couldn't leave them as they were when a mistake was pointed out.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

MBL, the moratorium lynch had nothing to do with you. And I was right: either Moratorium was scum (which he wasn't), or Sajin was lying about his severance (which he was). Moratorium was speedlynched because the scum group had more living members at endgame than we had mislynches during the course.

gg scum. By the end I had no suspicions of goat at all.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Yeah, that quicklynch on Mora was hastily thrown together. I just made sure to stick off it, because nobody was suspicious of me and I didn't want to screw myself over if something went wrong. If Charter roleblocked me that final night, we would have been screwed over, so I had to make sure to appear pro-town as possible to avoid that.

I was worried MBL was going to go back through the thread and bust me as being the strangler. I was one of the few people over the course of the game who had not been roleblocked a single time and yet strangling happened every single night.

I'm really surprised that Sajin was allowed to skate off free despite him having blatant differences in his role PM from Setael and claiming to be stilled without any specific time frame of when it could have possibly happened. I was trying to bus Sajin and take Kairyuu down with him, and then people were harassing me for going after the confirmed cop, so I was like....ooook. Moratorium then? :)
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Moratorium actually had a lot of really good insight in his quick topic with MoS. He was spot on with his early game calls.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Damn, I feel empty without this game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote:
gg scum. By the end I had no suspicions of goat at all.
Yeah, I was pretty happy by how we planned the Goat bussing of me. I was a bit worried MBL might figure it out (after all, there really WAS no good reason for me to lie and say I targeted MOS...), but it was worth trying, since I was dead anyway.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

My Black Ajah partner at the start (Tuberkulos) went inactive so I was going solo and couldn't check with him how his detect, if he had one, actually worked, which is why I had to take a stab in the dark if I detected or not.

In hindsight I can see the flaws in my claim anyway, and should have put more thought into it, but I had posted some drunken shit and landed myself in trouble, and paniced a little.

In the end up I decided to self destruct to get myself lynched ASAP and allow the Mafia to get their combined quicktopic open.

I was dissapointed I got killed off so quickly because I loved the theme and my role had potential for some proper badassery, but it all worked out in the end anyway.

Well done Mafia.
Indubitable
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Gah...this is what happens when you don't listen to me! I nailed all the scum in this game... :(
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Also, <3 Mora, we were a great QuickTopic team this game, until he stopped trusting me. I 100% trusted him from the start of the game, and then he started acting shady in our QuickTopic and I wasn't as sure anymore. :(

Still, I was pretty proud of breaking open the game with my KoC vs JVW and ABR/Mora vs Yos2 finds, as well as correctly calling the Setael vs Sajin situation. I even seem to recall throwing Goat on my scum list for some reason, but I can't remember why.
Permanent V/LA.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

To be fair, you found me as scum for the wrong reasons. I was very frustrated by that :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”