Newbie 774 - Spegezzironi: Game Over! TOWN WINS!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by sekinj »

Day 2: Vote Count 14 (corrected)

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(2) ckool5000 - by cpe; Sotty7

(1) Johoohno - by Rustythepirate

(0) cpe - by none

(2) semioldguy - by SensFan; ckool5000

(1) Rustythepirate - by semioldguy

(0) SensFan - by none

(0) Sotty7 - by none

Not Voting: Johoohno

With seven (7) citizens alive it takes
four (4) votes to lynch.

Day 2 Deadline: 5/20/09 12:00 PM CST (that's 10 days away)

Please PM me if I have missed anything.

Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
cpe
cpe
Townie
cpe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by cpe »

Just to clarify, my comment about being new to mafia, was because I was trying to say that my reason for suspecting SensFan were very very bad reasons to suspect someone, but I thought they were good grounds for suspicion due to my noob-ish-ness.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Rustythepirate »

Johoohno wrote:Also: I'm a page and a half back yet, and I don't have the time right now to get up to date with everything. I'm hoping for the coming week to lend me more time for this game, but I'm not certain it will (though after that things should clear up a bit).
I realize what being busy can do to the ability to play mafia, but we only have a little over a week left. You are still one of my suspects, so I request that you get your analysis/opinions/whatever in at least before the weekend. I don't want you to be able to slip by at the end of a deadline with no contribution if you're scum.
[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind.[/i]
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Rustythepirate »

Rusty, 219 wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:You may have noticed that I ceased voting for you some time ago, haven't mentioned your name since & publicly stated the dynamics hand changed.

But here you are adding your name to a village BW...
So people are only allowed to suspect those that suspect them?
Rusty, 247 wrote:How many times do you have to confirm a vote, Lamont_Cranston? The more you confirm it the less significant it becomes. And muzzz is right, if you genuinely think SensFan is scum, the pro-town thing to do would to be to try to convince the rest of the town that he is scum - not give up and stop talking to him. Generally whenever someone decides to stop talking to someone completely in a game I vote for them as it's a scum-tell to me.
----------------------------------------------------

I don't agree that these are less in pressure. 219 is smaller, but I think ckool5000 sig'd it at one point in time. Especially with 247, I don't see how you could legitimately push the argument that I was trying to back away from his lynch.
semioldguy wrote:If you want to refute, then make the argument that it wasn't less pressure rather than deflecting and defending post size which was not the issue I had to begin with.
How do you define "less pressure" if not by post size? It is a vague term that can emcompass multiple meanings - frequency of attacks, size of attacks, how focused I was on him as opposed to other players, strength of arguments, ect. I don't know what you had an issue with unless you explain it in further detail - all I know so far is that you feel like it was less pressure. Unless you explain your feeling in greater detail, I don't see your logic behind your vote on me.
[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind.[/i]
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by semioldguy »

The strength of your arguments in the last two posts of the day appear as weaker points and did not seem as pressuring of Lamont_Cranston.

Post 219
Here you are pointing out his bad logic by form of a (rhetorical) question. Bad or flawed logic is not a scum tell on its own. Any player can be the victim of bad logic. The way a player uses his logic, whether good or bad, can be scummy, but just because it is bad logic does not make it scummy. If you would have pointed out why the way he used poor logic to be scummy, if you thought it was, would have made a much stronger point and applied more pressure than you did.

Post 247
This looks like your trying to help him, or help him to help the town more than you are trying to condemn him. You point out what is the pro-town thing to do and in pointing it out in the way you've done it didn't read to me so much as being pressure, but rather as advice on how to play. You do point out that you think it is a scum tell, but you don't really back it up with any reasons for why that is a scum tell for you. You explain how not trying to convince the town of a suspect is a bad thing, but you don't link it to not talking to the person. If you are trying to convince the town that someone is scum, it doesn't have to have anything to do with talking to the person you think is scum, it can have to do with talking to
everyone else
. There is more pressure here than in post 219, but the pressure still feels light in comparison to you other posts.

_ _ _ _ _

Now looking at a couple of your previous posts regarding Lamont_Cranston.

Post 152
Here you are bringing up cases. Statement. Facts. I would find any section of this post to have been applying more pressure then your later posts in the day. Just a small portion of this post is stronger than your two later posts combined, size is not what makes the pressure or strength. Here you are citing specific evidence. You are pointing out specifically what it is you don't like about his behavior and that is what makes your case stronger and applying more pressure.

Post 209
Once again you are pulling specific evidence to support your point against him: the fact that he contradicted himself/lied. Here you have something solid, you point to it and use that evidence as pressure.

These are both different than 219 or 247. They both apply much more pressure.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Rustythepirate »

I continued pressure, though after your analysis I can see why you think it is less. The majority of the things I found scummy about Lamont_Cranston took place in the beginning of day 1, so as it progressed I made less arguments. His reasoning for having two bandwagons made sense, and DADV is actually a real concept for mafia. Still, I found him the most scummy at L-1 and had no objection to his lynch at the time. I am not trying to skirt my responsibility for the lynch - if I play another game in the future and someone acts similarly to Lamont_Cranston, I will probably find them just as scummy as I did in this game (granted I'd exercise more caution). If I had either stopped pressure or had redirected it without removing my vote, I consider that a scummy move, but the fact that I continued to put pressure on him should indicate that I was still partipating in his lynch. I wasn't given much time to continue my arguments, anyway. You are saying that the fact that I didn't pressure Lamont_Cranston more is scummy, but you yourself hammered saying that this is all the discussion we could get from that day.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 4:31 am

Post by sekinj »

Sending out prods to everyone except Rustythepirate and semioldguy.

Deadline is in one week... activity has been abysmal.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 5:34 am

Post by semioldguy »

@ Johoohno
You've been questioning a lot, but the only player you haven't specifically directed a question at is ckool5000. In fact, the two of you have had no interaction with each other. What are your opinions of him? and I'd like more of a response than you think he just feels like a newbie.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Johoohno »

I hate doing this but I must request replacement. I don't have the time at the moment for this game (things looked differently when I started out this game). And my not being able to participate is really detrimental to this game.

@: semioldguy: As I said in my analysis of all players on page 12, I found ckool's humoristical style somewhat disturbing since it kinds of clouds his opinion. I see two reasons for that:
1. either he is like that, trying to bring humour in the game
2. he uses it to seem less of a threat and that gives him mandate to just post to add some witty remark, without actually posting content.
Right now I'm leaning towards the first.

Now, since I'm leaving the game due to workload, I will not put in a vote that then might be used by scum. But if I were to vote now It would probably on semioldguy (though keep in mind that this vote is based on the information in posts before my analysis on page 12, since then I really haven't had the time to take in what's happened.

@ sekinj: Once again I apologize for my abandonment of the game, thanks for modding.

This is my last post!
cpe
cpe
Townie
cpe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 am

Post by cpe »

Sorry, for not posting, I've been reading the thread and not knowing what to say. I still don't know what to say.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:15 am

Post by SensFan »

Ugh. I hate ICs that flake.

Technicallly he was an SE.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Rustythepirate »

Johoohno wrote:1. either he is like that, trying to bring humour in the game
2. he uses it to seem less of a threat and that gives him mandate to just post to add some witty remark, without actually posting content.
He was like that in another game I was with him in, as townie. My impression is that it is sincere.
cpe wrote:Sorry, for not posting, I've been reading the thread and not knowing what to say. I still don't know what to say.
Unvote

Vote: cpe

Start thinking.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:25 am

Post by semioldguy »

@ cpe and SensFan:

You both come back from your prods and produce no content in your post. Provide more content please.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 am

Post by SensFan »

semioldguy wrote:@ cpe and SensFan:

You both come back from your prods and produce no content in your post. Provide more content please.
I still think you're Scum.
I still think your 'attack' on Rusty is full of crap.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Sotty7 »

ckool5000 Post 327 wrote:Let me get this straight. Did you even see the part of the post where I admit that it wasn't very scummy? In fact, with a little stretching, it could be considered a joke!
A joke? You only back away from it after Rusty calls you out on your bad logic. Day two isn't a good time for joking.

I don't buy it.
cpe Post 330 wrote:Just to clarify, my comment about being new to mafia, was because I was trying to say that my reason for suspecting SensFan were very very bad reasons to suspect someone, but I thought they were good grounds for suspicion due to my noob-ish-ness.
But suddenly on day two you realize that you were wrong and do a 180? I want to know what exactly made you change your mind.

When you first build a case on someone your posts are going to filled with a bunch of pressure because you will be citing reasons why you found that person scummy. As the day wears on and with the case already out there, what were you expecting Rusty to post semi? I mean, he shouldn't just keep repeating himself should he? I know I wouldn't.

I'm just not sure what your driving at with post 333. It seems like the logical progress of a case to me.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Rustythepirate Post 340 wrote:
Johoohno wrote:1. either he is like that, trying to bring humour in the game
He was like that in another game I was with him in, as townie. My impression is that it is sincere.
Which game?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:13 am

Post by semioldguy »

His later posts both included new reasons to the case against Lamont_Cranston, yet he presented them differently than when providing his case earlier. If he was stressing the same points as before than it would make sense that there would not be as much pressure because the case would have been largely the same, but they were new points adding to the case and he could have provided them in a stronger manner as before.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Rustythepirate »

Newbie 768. He didn't last long, though - he was lynched day 1.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Thanks for sharing that Rusty. :roll:

But for real, I'm starting to think that semioldguy's argument makes sense. For now,
unvote
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Oh, and sens, I asked you a question a while back:

What do you think of cpe following you or do you even think he is/was?
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by sekinj »

bump
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by sekinj »

Day 2: Vote Count 15

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(2) ckool5000 - by cpe; Sotty7

(0) Johoohno - by none

(1) cpe - by Rustythepirate

(1) semioldguy - by SensFan

(1) Rustythepirate - by semioldguy

(0) SensFan - by none

(0) Sotty7 - by none

Not Voting: Johoohno; ckool5000

With seven (7) citizens alive it takes
four (4) votes to lynch.

Day 2 Deadline: 5/20/09 12:00 PM CST

Please PM me if I have missed anything.

Last edited by sekinj on Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 am

Post by semioldguy »

SensFan wrote:
semioldguy wrote:@ cpe and SensFan:

I still think you're Scum.
I still think your 'attack' on Rusty is full of crap.
Would you mind stating why my attack is full of crap? You merely stating that it is does not make it so.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Rustythepirate »

Reminder - we have six days left, so if we don't want a bad lynch or a no-lynch we should make sure we continue contributing throughout the rest of the day. I don't see semioldguy and ckool5000 as significantly scummier than the rest of the town, and they would not be my first pick for a lynch today. Johoohno was my primary suspect, but his leaving makes me want to save him for tomorrow after he's replaced and we can get a new lead of information. Cpe seems to be taking advantage of the silence, so I'd like to hear contributions from him.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by SensFan »

JUST SO EVERYONE IS AWARE, I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN FROM FRIDAY (TOMORROW) AFTERNOON (EST) UNTIL SOMETIME SUNDAY AFTERNOON-EVENING (ALSO EST). I WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS THEN, AND SO WILL NOT BE POSTING IN THAT TIMEFRAME.

Mod told me to announce it in-thread next time.

No. I told you to follow the rules which say to PM me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”