ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by ortolan »

I don't see any reason not to believe your claim, two trackers is a bit odd but certainly understandable with our mod and with a roleblocker and doctor in the setup. We also know there is no mafia tracker role, and two scum already dead, so you cannot be on a scum-team with them busing them. It is also kind of inconceivable you would fake a result like that, if you are wrong (e.g. if you're another scum faction and suspect them and want to get them lynched to gain brownie points) you are taking a huge risk by coming forward. With two trackers in the game I'm also inclined to believe there is no cop, which means there will be no way of ever verifying their alignment (can't distinguish between vig or SK, or mafia), and their lynch will be necessary at some point.

They are also on Death's wagon.

clearly they are a better lynch though. Get this lynch through quick.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Vote: Sex w/ shafteds wife club
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

sex w/ shafteds wife club, Compulsive Vig, is now dead

~~~

Votecount as of post 429:

Death the Hogfather:
:Raging Wishbone, nyballosulgniirkps, Zaphod Beeblebrox, J-Scope,
Raging Wishbone:
:Zmd

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Death the Hogfather, Frog Dodging, Ortohoops,

while 9 are alive, 5 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Are you sure Orty? I don't think it's likely at all that SWSWC is mafia - if Frog's claim is true, then they'll either be a vig or SK.

Trotsky had to be SWSWC's kill as scum wouldn't kill one of their own.

--

What does everyone think about keeping SWSWC alive for now, on the condition
we
get to direct their kill. This way, the town is controlling 2/3 of all killing modes.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Lol, okay never mind.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

I'm prepared to hammer Hogfather now if we can have a wagon on Zaphod for our next lynch. I think she was very obvious in her methods of trying to slow down Yosariwen's lynch and place attention elsewhere.

I really don't know why she hasn't garnered more suspicion.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

The thing is though, if Hogfather was the last scum, why would he throw the game away and not try and stop his lynch? I know they've been having hydra problems, but if you were the last alive for your team, I doubt he'd be accepting a loss so easily.

I think he's probably lazy town.
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 am

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

SensFan wrote: You claim I attacked Yos harder than others, and that I'm most likely to have been bussing.

Pray tell, why would he be bussed that hard, when his lynch leaves the last Scum all alone?
Do you want me to say it? Because of the glass of claret which isn't behind you. At any rate, I think yours is the most likely to be a bussing vote if there was one on that wagon.

------------------

I'm ok with a Hogfather lynch now because I'm not going to second guess the intention behind Hog's move. I'm also okay with a Beeble lynch today if we can gather it, or tomorrow as I do think that wagon jump on Hogfather was quite cliché and weak in motivation.

---------------
Raging Wishbone wrote: Your first paragraph is right on target.

I always thought telling our styles apart was rather easy, but I don't mind signing my posts from now on. Most of my posts either mention I'm RR or talk about Walt in third person anyways.

Regarding the question, Walt knew I was behind at catching up and thought I could easily change my opinion, or if I won't at least explain to him why I think the case doesn't apply.

Now, people seem to regard Walt's flip flop as either a very scummy or very moronic stretch. I think you need to understand that the guy has an unfortunate tendency, which I hope will stop now, to stay online for really long periods of time in the middle of the night while under the influence. That accounts for his weird behavior on two occasions here. I think if you reread these parts in the context of the explanations he later provided, you'll see his thought process might've been weird, but definitely wasn't scummy. Also, people seem to be looking down on the guy. They shouldn't. He has amazing instincts and I already saw him break one game basically on his own.

Yours truely, hammer Death already,
-RR
This is pinging very much, I'm rescinding anything I said about not lynching Raging Wishbone. The post is highly manipulative and the mafia equivalent of the partner who introduce you to his retarded little brother to make you feel horrible just when you were going to dump their ass.

It hits all the right buttons but it is nonetheless in essence nothing more than an apology letter on Wishbone behalf, and I think it's too overdone for town.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Ortohoops wrote:
The thing is though, if Hogfather was the last scum, why would he throw the game away and not try and stop his lynch? I know they've been having hydra problems, but if you were the last alive for your team, I doubt he'd be accepting a loss so easily.

I think he's probably lazy town.
I can think of many reasons.
  • He's one scum against 9 players.
    It's only Day 2.
    There's a wagon on him already.
    He has hydra problems.
I can see someone giving up.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

SL/Kison wrote:This is pinging very much, I'm rescinding anything I said about not lynching Raging Wishbone. The post is highly manipulative and the mafia equivalent of the partner who introduce you to his retarded little brother to make you feel horrible just when you were going to dump their ass.

It hits all the right buttons but it is nonetheless in essence nothing more than an apology letter on Wishbone behalf, and I think it's too overdone for town.
Pure bullshit. This isn't an apology letter, this is a simple explanation of the circumstance behind Walt's odd stretch of posts that made people suspect us. I'm not breaking up with anyone, and Walt isn't my "retarted little brother". I'm happy to be paired up with him, and if anything is manipulated and overdone it's your post.

FD was right to claim when he did, though it's unfortunate that sex club turned out vig. Since there's no mafia tracker, we can bascially consider him confirmed town.

Death should still be hammered.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 am

Post by J-Scope »

Death the Hogfather wrote:I (Kairyuu) will probably not be using small caps, so that it is possible to differentiate between Seraphim and myself. Just a note.
Does this mean that if Kairyuu had anything to say, he'd do it in ALL CAPS? There wasn't any posts with all caps, so had Kairyuu said anything?

Seraphim is V/LA and it looks like maybe Kairyuu wasn't participating most of the game. That could explain why they aren't fighting the issue.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:59 am

Frog Dodging wrote:Pokethealpaca is dead. This causes me and my partner at once an issue and an opportunity.

The issue is that we have to claim, and at the same time potentially out a very pozerful town role. But we can't afford to not out them - in this setup, we could die at any time and our info go buried to the grave. And there's a strong chance we have scum nailed.

We are a tracker, and we tracked a player, this action phase, to pokethealpaca. We both agreedd that if pta turned up dead, we would have to out them. They could either be mafia, SK or compulsive vig. We don't really want the compulsive vig outed, especially after they've nailed a scumbag for us, but if it's an SK instead there's a strong chance that they never claim and just stay under the radar for the whole game - after all, an S is not going to claim a role that gives them a 50% chance of being scum!

The player we tracked was swswc based on our early suspicions of them after the incam kill. Either they'll confim our claim or they'll deny it - if they deny it, we lynch them, since you know either us or them must be scum, and since we would not be so foolish as set ourselves up for a lynch as individual scum, you can know it is them who is lying. If they confirm it, then they must be mlynched at some point. There's really no point letting them survive till the endgame where they could potentially steal it from town.
Nice job, although this unfortunately is sure to get you killed soonish. If scum used their kill on SWSEW we only have a few days til the next action phase. Did you track anybody during the first action phase? What are your thoughts on who we should lynch next?
Ortohoops wrote:
I'm prepared to hammer Hogfather now if we can have a wagon on Zaphod for our next lynch. I think she was very obvious in her methods of trying to slow down Yosariwen's lynch and place attention elsewhere.

I really don't know why she hasn't garnered more suspicion.
I agree with this completely and actually now I am afraid we are running out of time. I think we should pick up the pace as we are sure to lose FrogDodge at the start of the next action pahse.

As far as a revised list of reads, here would be my lynching order...

Death the Hog: I don't understand why they are not fighting to stay in this
game unless as dgb/plum pointed out, they realize they have been caught and our outnumbered. Perhaps they realized that it was Yos/Nuwen's intense argument that sealed their lynch? Perhaps they decided to take a different route and not get pulled into an argument that could dig them a deeper hole? Combined with their active lurking, and unvote on yos/nuwen they are the best lynch.

Dgb/Plum: I am unsettled by their attempts to slow down the game and derail the yos wagon as well.

I'm hoping by this point the game is over but...

JScope: I have gotten nothing but town vibes, I will reread them in isolation if Death does not flip scum.

ZMD: Active lurker, voted yos without much of an explanation. I need to reread them as well.

Nyballs: Good posts after taking over for Pesco, I have a neutral read on them.

Apples and Bannas: I am not sure I understand NYballs argument against them possibly bussing. Nutral to town read on them.

Hoops: Protown read.

FrogDodgin: ObvTown

My thought haven't change a lot however there are a few things I am questioning now. The main thing Is I feel we need to pick up the speed before something happens to Frog Dodge. I hope somebody hammers Death as soon as possible. - WW
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Frog Dodging »

Action Phase 1 we tracked Yosariwen, who strangely enough we got no result on. Also, I've discussed this with my partner and we've realized there's almost no downside to claiming who we're going to track next. ZMD, if you are a non-doc power role, do not target us. If you're scum and you target us, there's a good chance we'll see you.

Also, reduce the suspect pool etc. etc.
Vote Death the Hogfather
ciao!
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Apples and Banana »

Frog, have you submitted that choice?
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:01 am

Post by populartajo »

bah
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Frog Dodging »

Apples and Banana wrote:Frog, have you submitted that choice?
Yes. Why do you ask?
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:06 am

Frog Dodging wrote:
Yes. Why do you ask?
Well, before I answer that question:

Since we're hunting for a single Scum, should we mass-claim and see if we have a forced win?
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 am

Apples and Banana wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Yes. Why do you ask?

Since we're hunting for a single Scum, should we mass-claim and see if we have a forced win?
I wouldnt be oppossed to claiming, I'm not sure what my partner will say. I can think of a reason why it would be prudent to keep one of our power roles hidden, if we have this role... What do you mean by forced win? - ww
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:
Apples and Banana wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Yes. Why do you ask?

I wouldnt be oppossed to claiming, I'm not sure what my partner will say. I can think of a reason why it would be prudent to keep one of our power roles hidden, if we have this role... What do you mean by forced win? - ww
If we have 4 Cops, for example.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 am

I'm pretty sure it won't lead to a forced win. Basically the downside is that it'll flush out any remaining power roles we may not know about, and the upside is that it'll reduce by far the chance of a successful fakelaim. I tend to slightly favor going forward with it, but really don't mind going with whatever the majority decides here.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 am

Post by SensFan »

Raging Wishbone wrote:I'm pretty sure it won't lead to a forced win. Basically the downside is that it'll flush out any remaining power roles we may not know about, and the upside is that it'll reduce by far the chance of a successful fakelaim. I tend to slightly favor going forward with it, but really don't mind going with whatever the majority decides here.
At this point, especially with a claimed Tracker, I'd say there's decent chances of a forced win.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 am

What makes you think we have so many power roles other than vig and two trackers?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 am

Frog Dodging wrote:Action Phase 1 we tracked Yosariwen, who strangely enough we got no result on. Also, I've discussed this with my partner and we've realized there's almost no downside to claiming who we're going to track next. ZMD, if you are a non-doc power role, do not target us. If you're scum and you target us, there's a good chance we'll see you.

Also, reduce the suspect pool etc. etc.
Vote Death the Hogfather
ciao!
I believe that was the hammer.

This might wrap up the game for a tidy town win.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:What makes you think we have so many power roles other than vig and two trackers?
Fine, I'll put it out there.

I'm also a Tracker.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

You forgot to include results with your claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”