Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

I've re-read and I see no strong indications Zaphod are town, and there was the whole continuous defence of Yoswen which I saw in about five posts in a row.

Vote: Zaphod Beeblebrox
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 584

Zaphod Beeblebrox:
:J-Scope, Raging Wishbone, Ortohoops,

not voting:
: nyballosulgniirkps, Zaphod Beeblebrox,

while 5 are alive, 3 votes will lynch

Zaphod Beeblebrox, Townie, has been lynched.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by ortolan »

Deary.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by ortolan »

Two lynches is definitely not viable before the end of the action phase, we need to wait until the scum makes their final kill.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 am

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

Definitely not. Too great of a chance that the random twilight duration will throw us over the deadline. And even if not, enough people would need to be online and in agreement to make the second lynch happen.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

ortolan wrote:Two lynches is definitely not viable before the end of the action phase, we need to wait until the scum makes their final kill.
Again, why would they narrow the suspect pool for us by killing before we lynch?

I agree we won't get the speedlynching done on time, though. This mean's we've one lynch remaining, and we gotta decide on it before the end of the next phase to avoid the risk of a double scumkill.

orthoops is still obvtown imo, and Pesco-Light's interactio with Yos still strikes me as genuine. So I'm leaning J-Scope.

-RR
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:54 am

Post by J-Scope »

Exactly what about Pesco-Light's interaction with Yos is genuine? Why does "genuine" mean they are not likely scum with Yos?
Pesco-Light wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:Here's the distinction - the motivation behind breadcrumbing was a null tell (any power role has the motivation to crumb his or her results, regardless of alignment). As an independent body, nothing Incamn did made him/her more likely to be scum than town or town than scum.

Probability dictates that killing a random power role will hit scum more often than killing any other random player. This isn't a tell; it's a ratio observation independent of the crumbing itself.
Playing the setup isn't going to catch scum more effectively than solid scumhunting and I'm quite sure this is not unreasonable to expect from the experienced players in this game.
This was the only real interaction they had. It was the reason Pesco voted and it was their last post. I don't think it is a indication either way because they were not calling Yos scum, but they did place a vote so if they are partners they intended to distance early. We don't know what their true intention was because it never played out. Maybe they were hoping to withdraw the vote, but maybe not. At the time of the vote I think there was enough time and leeway to do either.

So I don't think Pesco-Light's actions make them much less likely to be scum. I think nyballs has looked pro-town, however, by getting to the root of who could be scum and why based on day 1's wagon.

I have to write up a case but I'm thinking I'd vote for RW over nyballs.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:56 am

Post by ortolan »

I would go for J-Scope or RW for the lynch.

Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Whatever we do next this is END game. We get one lynch and scum get one kill tomorrow, so, we have to be absoluelty correct on this lynch. Me and RR are kinda on the same page, although we do have a few slightly different thoughts. I went back through everyones posts in isolation; I'm still leaning on Hoops as being the most Townie (which everyone else seems to agree), I difer in my opinion with RR on Jscope and Nyballs... Going back through the posts the thing that stands out the most to me is the obvious train of thought. Scum don't need to debate whether or not they are going to get a townie killed they just need to get someone lynched. With Jscope, you can see the clear back and forth, you can see him trying to figure out who is scum and who is not. With Hoops to a lesser degree, although there were moments of let's just hang this guy, they overall have taken a very methodical approach to the game. NyBalls and Pesco Light do not give me that feeling near as much as the other two players.

I kinda agree with RR, that scum would not be in hurry to lynch anyone to reduce our suspect pool, unless it was Hoops. Now that scum have seen who we all are thinking of lynching and that most of the town thinks Hoops is obvtow, they may think they can go ahead and lynch... However I am gonna put an end to that right now.... We are TOWN and there is is once last gambit we can play, it's daytalk. Our daytalk will prove us town. RR and Apples and Bananas had a discussion about this earlier in the game, and was quoted the rules by Adel. They indicate if we do not discuss the other game, we are allowed to paste it. Also RR cant do screencaps on his puter, I can on mine. So my suggestion Hoops, NYBAlls, and Jscope, is we all post our daytalk with our partners and how we communicated.

Me and RR used three formats: MSN, pm here on MS and we have a QT entitled RagingWishbone, they have dates, times and everything. There are a few threads and convos that can not be shown because they contain talk of the other game, but the rest of it is clear as the light of day. This is gonna accomplish two things; first scum is going to have to show a clear line of discussion regarding this game and answer some of the comments they have made in this thread about conversations they have had with thier partner. Second; it now makes their next kill much harder because if both we and Hoops are obv town, they can't kills us both next action period.

So, although we have a bit of time, we do need to hurry so we dont reach the "following" action period allowing yet another kill. Again, looking though Yo/Nuwen aim conversation it was easy to tell it was fabricated. It was how we caught the scum in Lovers Multiball and I beleive it will be how we catch the scum in this game. I have to run out but I will have time tomorrow to do the screencaps. So please everyone let me know what you all think. Please let's hurry up and do this... Please let me know what you all were using to talk to your partner? and lets end this game quick.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by J-Scope »

There is nothing I can show because I haven't been playing with my partner (Kaleidoscope). I tried to exchange PM's and he had replied that he was sorry but couldn't keep up with the game.

Post 37 was the only post he made under "J-Scope". The rest was all me, Jahudo.

He had a few posts that he made on his own account but those were to say he wasn't reading, so I've just gone ahead and played solo.
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

Raging Wishbone wrote:However I am gonna put an end to that right now.... We are TOWN and there is is once last gambit we can play, it's daytalk. Our daytalk will prove us town. RR and Apples and Bananas had a discussion about this earlier in the game, and was quoted the rules by Adel. They indicate if we do not discuss the other game, we are allowed to paste it. Also RR cant do screencaps on his puter, I can on mine. So my suggestion Hoops, NYBAlls, and Jscope, is we all post our daytalk with our partners and how we communicated.
Sadly, because we are a replacement, there has not been a substantial amount of interaction between my partner and myself. I'm willing to screenshot it though as long as there is no problem on the other end(I'm not willing to quote someone else without their permission), so I'll have to get back on that. I think it's a good idea, though.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by ortolan »

We will do it but it won't prove much because we will need to edit two out of seven posts to remove beta-related content.

Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Start of Day 5

~~~

Votecount

not voting:
:J-Scope, nyballosulgniirkps, Ortohoops, Raging Wishbone,

while 4 are alive, 3 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Post by ortolan »

Now we play the waiting game...

Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 11:40 pm

ortolan wrote:Now we play the waiting game...
Are you even reading my posts?

Real shame how we basically missed another safe lynch by, like, 12 hours.

J-Scope wrote:Exactly what about Pesco-Light's interaction with Yos is genuine? Why does "genuine" mean they are not likely scum with Yos?
Pesco-Light wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:Here's the distinction - the motivation behind breadcrumbing was a null tell (any power role has the motivation to crumb his or her results, regardless of alignment). As an independent body, nothing Incamn did made him/her more likely to be scum than town or town than scum.

Probability dictates that killing a random power role will hit scum more often than killing any other random player. This isn't a tell; it's a ratio observation independent of the crumbing itself.
Playing the setup isn't going to catch scum more effectively than solid scumhunting and I'm quite sure this is not unreasonable to expect from the experienced players in this game.
This was the only real interaction they had. It was the reason Pesco voted and it was their last post. I don't think it is a indication either way because they were not calling Yos scum, but they did place a vote so if they are partners they intended to distance early. We don't know what their true intention was because it never played out. Maybe they were hoping to withdraw the vote, but maybe not. At the time of the vote I think there was enough time and leeway to do either.

So I don't think Pesco-Light's actions make them much less likely to be scum. I think nyballs has looked pro-town, however, by getting to the root of who could be scum and why based on day 1's wagon.

Tthis post makes me wanna vote J-Scope right now. I really dislike how he tries to throw some dirt on nybasdjgsalxzgkasj so I'll be more likely to vote nyba over him, and several lines later claims to find him pro time anyways. This behavior is both indicative of his interest being only in self survival, and typical of Jahudo's play as scum (at least judging by the relatively recent Boost mafia). I'll wait for more discussion with Walt and everyone to post daytalk, though.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 11:41 pm

J-Scope wrote:Exactly what about Pesco-Light's interaction with Yos is genuine? Why does "genuine" mean they are not likely scum with Yos?
Pesco-Light wrote:

Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 11:41 pm

:roll:
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:03 am

Post by ortolan »

What are you talking about RW? How did we miss a safe-lynch?

When the next action phase starts (T-1 hour), we need to wait for the scum to make their kill, then lynch quickly.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 am

Post by ortolan »

RW: can you point me to where you had the discussion about posting screenshots of quicktopics, then post yours. I want time to look at it because I see it as possible you guys premeditated it and planned for it all along.

Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:13 am

ortolan wrote:What are you talking about RW? How did we miss a safe-lynch?

When the next action phase starts (T-1 hour), we need to wait for the scum to make their kill, then lynch quickly.
For the 4th and final time,
scum have no reason to kill 'till we lynch

Your other questions address Walt, and I trust he'll answer them, though asking him to prove the whole thing isn't some sort of conspiracy of ours is like asking him to prove he doesn't have a sister.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 am

Post by ortolan »

No, but, seriously, at what point did we miss a safe lynch, apart from about 3 days ago?

We can't have done anything else up until this point.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 am

Post by ortolan »

no, I am just wanting to know where specifically the screenshotting was discussed as I didn't notice it on a cursory re-read

J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:29 am

Post by J-Scope »

Raging Wishbone wrote:Tthis post makes me wanna vote J-Scope right now. I really dislike how he tries to throw some dirt on nybasdjgsalxzgkasj so I'll be more likely to vote nyba over him, and several lines later claims to find him pro time anyways. This behavior is both indicative of his interest being only in self survival, and typical of Jahudo's play as scum (at least judging by the relatively recent Boost mafia). I'll wait for more discussion with Walt and everyone to post daytalk, though.
Can you or your partner answer my questions from that post? I'm not throwing dirt on nyballs; they've looked town to me as I've said previously. I'm also not saying Pesco-Light was scummy, because their vote was never played out and they are not responsible for flaking at that key moment.

I'm merely saying that I don't think Pesco-Light was involved with, or ever knew about, the main reasons why Yosariwen was lynched. Sure, they would have had to distance which doesn't seem exceedingly likely in a timed game, but we don't know their true intentions.

The main point I made with that post was this: Pesco Light did not call Yos scum or scummy. Their vote had alot of weight in the long run but not initially because they never drew a conclusion that Yos could be scum.

Self-survival is hard to judge. I think you are doing it too. It is clear to me that one of us is more likely the lynch, but this time choosing wrong costs us the game. So yes, I am thinking of self-survival.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 am

Post by ortolan »

J-Scope (606) wrote:Self-survival is hard to judge. I think you are doing it too. It is clear to me that one of us is more likely the lynch, but this time choosing wrong costs us the game. So yes, I am thinking of self-survival.
I don't like how this reads. You are acknowledging that one of you or RW is the more likely lynch, but saying you can understand his behaviour from a townie perspective. However your thought process as town should be "I am not scum, I am not voting for nyb or Ortohoops therefore RW is scum".

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 am

Post by ortolan »

I will also point out before this next action phase begins (20 minutes away) that when the scum-kill is made, you/we need to lynch
before
the next action phase starts.

As soon as the next action phase starts, assuming there are 3 people alive, the scum can put in a kill which, while it would normally take 6-18 hours to resolve; if they are lynched, it resolves before they are lynched resulting in them endgaming. So, when the scum kill is made, you/we need to lynch
before
Action Phase 6 starts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”