Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Raging Wishbone, Doctor, has been lynched.

Votecount as of post 374:

Raging Wishbone:
:Zaphod Beeblebrox, J-Scope, Zmd, nyballosulgniirkps, Ojando
Zmd:
:Frog Dodging, Ortohoops,
J-Scope:
:Raging Wishbone

not voting:
:PoketheAlpaca,

while 9 players are alive, 5 votes will lynch

~~~

Start of Day 4, Action Phase 3

~~~

Votecount:

not voting:
:Frog Dodging, J-Scope, nyballosulgniirkps, Ortohoops, Ojando, PoketheAlpaca, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Zmd

while 8 players are alive, 5 votes will lynch

Day 4 deadline: 14 days from this post
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

That's a disappointment. I still want to lynch Kmd then. The only reason why I laid off was because I was so sure RW was scum, I couldn't imagine Zmd (as his buddy) bus so hard. Now, that consideration is gone.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Zmd »

Raging Wishbone wrote:I think once you reread my exchange with ZMD, you will see how he framed the discussion to serve his purpose.
Nothing in that was twisted. It doesn't make sense for a doc to suspect their target for still being alive.
RW wrote:Having written that, I am not sure he is doing it because he is scum or if he did it to keep from being lynched himself.
Neither. We thought you were scum..
RW wrote:Regardless, the subsequent discussion between Zaphod and ZMD contain scum. It is one or the other and I am certain their partner is J-Scope now.
Zaphod and JScope both dropped the "nice catch", so I can agree that one of them is likely scum. JScope clearly wanted you lynched anyway, so I'd lean Zaphod.
RW wrote:There shouldn't be any doubt either me or J-Scope are scum, so if I flip town he should be your next lynch.
I don't understand why one of two people attacking each other has to be scum.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:55 pm

But, couldn't YOU be scum, Zmd?
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Zmd »

Not according to my Role PM. Can you honestly say the same?
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Plum »

Zmd wrote:Not according to my Role PM. Can you honestly say the same?
According to our role PM we can't be scum.

Wow, that was useful.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Plum wrote:Wow, that was useful.
Sure was. Zmd is confirmed town.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:58 am

Post by J-Scope »

I’m not very gung-ho about a ZMD lynch. He brought up a valid point against RW when it already looked like RW was going to be lynched, which tells me ZMD was trying to make the best choice and not just save his skin in that instance. I still don’t understand why RW pushed FD suspicion but that’s discussion for post-game.

The reason I originally suspected him, that he focused on secondary discussions and ignored the larger discussions at the time haven’t really continued with the way this game has progressed. He’s been more at the forefront now so maybe the tell is something to do with how he gets into the flow of a game.

------------

Nyballs was on RW for a long time and had several reasons to join the wagon. Definitely not a hop. However, they haven’t said nearly as much as the rest of us and its hard to judge where they stand on most of the remaining living people. They’ve had 2 full months to contribute and all we have of them are a dozen posts that are mostly about RW and Trotsky. More posting please.

@nyballs: Is ZMD still your top suspect? How much of it is this reason:
nyballs wrote:Top two candidates on my list right now are Raging Wishbone and ZMD. Both made the ridiculous attempt of painting Frog Dodging as possessing confidence that they wouldn't die by taking their post out of content.
I don’t think it’s noteworthy that Nyballs suspected Yosariwen more than most people.

------------

I need to re-establish my read on Zaphod, which has gone from mild concern to pretty suspicious.
Zaphod wrote:2. The SK has been caught and lynched and is dead; that's excellent news. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis. Grrr Smile.

I meant interpretation #2 (noting that the town lynched the SK while I was out). I could see that one might interpret it as #1 (personal gloating, including gloating for the work of a hydra buddy); I tried, and continue to try, to clarify.
I’m ready to believe this perception of Post 141 and that as a catchup post there was some legitimacy to talk about something that was over and done with.
Zaphod wrote:Hey shaft.ed I didn't know you were in this game... you might be upset at the innuendo suggested by one of the hydra's name... give my regards to your wife.
This concerns me mildly because I feel that Zaphod is trying to draw attention to the fact that she is not paying attention to shaft.ed. People should naturally be concerned when a player ignores another player, so you’d think said player would not want to make it known they are doing a suspicious thing by ignoring another player. And that other player flipped scum.

The more I look at Zaphod’s interaction to Trotsky, the more I get concerned.
Zaphod wrote:Furthermore, as of late, I also have never, ever seen you fail to stubbornly tunnel on me. I must therefore conclude that you are scum.
This is just such a bizarre tell but when I try to take out the emotion between Trotsky and Zaphod present at the time, I think this failure to tunnel is just a bad point and was pushed for too long.
Zaphod wrote:I don't remember it, and everything you do is to irritate me anyway, so buzz off, scum. I don't care to answer your questions or interact with you but for the fact that you're a scumbag in this game and you should be dead already.
This was before the Trotsky wagon even existed and Zaphod was done trying to play with Trotsky. It looks like it could be an attempt not to push the wagon using emotion as a tool, when in reality Zaphod was helping to push the wagon just by saying this.

They don’t mention Trotsky for about a week and in that time we pass around that “Who we’d vote for” list and Trotsky is tied with the largest wagons.

Then when Trotsky is lynched, Zaphod does something suspicious:
Zaphod wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a lot of scum on Trotsky's wagon, because beyond gut reads, there wasn't much of a case, roflcopter's habit of lurking as scum gave him away.

I'm very sad not to be on that list, but paradoxically I'd be delighted to vote any player that is on it. How 'bout that.
I feel that they were pushing the Trotsky wagon pretty solidly while staying on the outside of it just so they could come back and say they were scumdriving a wagon.

------------

Right now I’d vote for Zaphod first but I want to take this day in stride and get a better read of Ojando and Ortohoops, who I feel I’ve been neglecting to really analyze critically.

The frog and the alpaca are still looking town to me.
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Zmd »

Kmd's top suspects: Zaphod, JScope, ny. Could also see Ojando/Otohoops, but don't really have much on either.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Ojanen »

I haven't really talked to my other head (coordinating dialogue in opposite timezones is slow) but I'll go ahead and post a few of my thoughts.
J-scope wrote:I’m not very gung-ho about a ZMD lynch. He brought up a valid point against RW when it already looked like RW was going to be lynched, which tells me ZMD was trying to make the best choice and not just save his skin in that instance.
I'm not so sure I agree with that conclusion.
Zmd had voted RW already earlier, because
Zmd wrote: Vote Raging Wishbone. It's me or them. That suits me fine because they are my top suspect anyway.
And they hadn't really voiced arguments against RW except that voting analysis where everyone in a lynching wagon except 2 first and hammer get scumpoints.
The point they brought up was very valid imo. But I would expect them to remember RW's invalid Frog attack quite vividly since they got a decent amount of flak for mirroring it without checking the context, and I don't see how using that as further justification for their vote would make them seem less self-preserving.
Kmd, when did Zazie get in the game? I had thought it was only you because of the meta defence and perspective of the posts.

We originally found the interaction between Zaphod and Trotsky extremely strange, scummy and didn't consider Zaphod's fuming extended meta argument as valid for hydras. Thing is, Trotsky flipping SK and Zaphod being right kind of forced us to acknowledge there might have been a clearer bigger picture than we thought/knew of. At the very least the argument was bloody eccentric.

After just rereading nyballs in iso, I'd like to see some arguments why they are being deemed a top suspect.
The posting has been sparse even in the standards of this game and there was a strange FoS on Yosariwen because of walls of text. But other than that I didn't really see fishy content and the thought processes seemed plausible.

J-scope and ortohoops are rereads to finish for tomorrow, getting too sleepy and slow.
Ojando
Ojando
Townie
Ojando
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Ojando »

I seem to remember DGB hates not using hydra accounts. Above was us accidentally from Ojanen's account.
Ojanen+Sando
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 am

It took forever for the scum kill to go through. I'm interested in two players that lurked hard.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:It took forever for the scum kill to go through. I'm interested in two players that lurked hard.
Do you think the second statement is related to the first? Who are the lurkers you have in mind?
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Zmd »

Ojando, Zazie made our first post of the game. I talked to her about the game on AIM and she saw what we thought was a good catch on RW. I posted about that and she made our posts 16 and 17. The rest has been me.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 am

J-Scope wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:It took forever for the scum kill to go through. I'm interested in two players that lurked hard.
Do you think the second statement is related to the first? Who are the lurkers you have in mind?
There may be a relation. I can't prove that there is.

DID NOT LURK
1. Zaphod Beeblebrox
3. Zmd
13. J-Scope

LURKED
5. Ojando Death the Hogfather Lurked from June 17-26
8. Ortohoops Lurked from June 12-24
10. PoketheAlpaca June 14-20, June 20-26
11. nyballosulgniirkps Pesco Light June 9-17 and June 17-26
14. Frog Dodging June 9-15, June 15-21

Yosariwen was killed on the 27. Therefore I especially suspect Ojando, PoketheAlpaca, and nyballs (ONLY CONSIDERING LURKING SCHEDULE).

It's possible that some players didn't post under their hydra, let THEM show that they weren't lurking during the intervals stated above. If they do I'll remove the name from the suspicion list.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Ojanen »

Kmd in 305 wrote:We actually haven't talked much about the game. She is way too far behind to know what is going on. V__V
Then she catches up at some point? But doesn't share her views or stance on the game/agrees with you on everything? All your posts between the RW contradictory attack question from ZazieR and the previous statement are explanations of what you meant before or meta defence of Kmd or similar material seemingly derived from Kmd's earlier thoughts in thread.
Zaphod wrote:It took forever for the scum kill to go through.
Zaphod, your wording and lurking theory implies you would expect the scum to kill earlier rather than later in the day. Can you explain why? Considering that the rules say pending kills resolve after a lynch anyway, I don't really see the incentive.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 am

Ojanen wrote:Considering that the rules say pending kills resolve after a lynch anyway, I don't really see the incentive.
What took so long for that one to resolve? It occurred before the lynch, no?
Ojando
Ojando
Townie
Ojando
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Ojando »

Ummm?
Yes, it occured before the lynch, but I was asking what you see as the incentive to choose/send in a kill rather earlier than later in the day (that seemed to be the tacit assumption behind thinking the kill took forever to happen)? Cause it must have been sent in 26th or 27th and that coincides with RW's claim and the drama that was seeming to end the day soon and the doc's target named, which I thought would have been relevant.
Ojanen+Sando
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:52 am

Ojando wrote:Ummm?
Yes, it occured before the lynch, but I was asking what you see as the incentive to choose/send in a kill rather earlier than later in the day (that seemed to be the tacit assumption behind thinking the kill took forever to happen)? Cause it must have been sent in 26th or 27th and that coincides with RW's claim and the drama that was seeming to end the day soon and the doc's target named, which I thought would have been relevant.
True, except that Yosariwen had little to do with said drama.
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Zmd »

Zaphod, by suspecting lurkers just because of the amount of time it took for a kill, you are saying that ALL THREE scum are lurking. That would effectively clear JScope, you, and myself. I'm not at all comfortable clearing you and JScope just yet.
Ojando wrote:Then she catches up at some point?
Not really. I talked to her on AIM and mentioned how I thought RW said something, but couldn't find it and she found it for me.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 am

We have 3 scum left, not 2?
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Zmd »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:We have 3 scum left, not 2?
Zmd wrote:Zaphod, by suspecting lurkers just because of the amount of time it took for a kill, you are saying that
BOTH
scum are lurking. That would effectively clear JScope, you, and myself. I'm not at all comfortable clearing you and JScope just yet.
Ojando wrote:Then she catches up at some point?
Not really. I talked to her on AIM and mentioned how I thought RW said something, but couldn't find it and she found it for me.
Fixed. >.<
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 am

ZMD, you and I are town.

Let's decide who gets lynched.

Look the scum is lurking again.
Ojando
Ojando
Townie
Ojando
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Ojando »

Zahop wrote:LURKED
5. Ojando Death the Hogfather Lurked from June 17-26
8. Ortohoops Lurked from June 12-24
10. PoketheAlpaca June 14-20, June 20-26
11. nyballosulgniirkps Pesco Light June 9-17 and June 17-26
14. Frog Dodging June 9-15, June 15-21
Pretty sure from 19 June to 23 June we were in twilight awaiting rule changes. I know we could post, but no votes counted AFAIK, and considering how much work goes into this game, at least prior to the rule changes, it seemed like a convenient time to relax for a bit while waiting for the rule changes.

I think these are going off my timestamps here, and I'm not entirely sure what timestamps this account has given me and Ojanen are in diff timezones. But yeah, there was a 3-4 day period there where we were in twilight.
Ojanen+Sando
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 am

Post by ortolan »

vee are also here

why is Zmd town Zaphod especially in light of RW's flip?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”