not voting:
:Ojando, Zaphod Beeblebrox,

while 8 players are alive, 5 votes will lynch

~~~

Zmd was a vanilla townie

~~~

Countdown Timer to Deadline

not voting:
:Frog Dodging, J-Scope, nyballosulgniirkps, Ojando, Ortohoops, PoketheAlpaca, , Zaphod Beeblebrox,

while 7 players are alive, 5 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:28 am

Post by ortolan »

I badly need to re-read.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:01 am

Post by J-Scope »

Vote: Zaphod

With the reasons I provided in an earlier post, and because this post looks scummy:
Zaphod wrote:Zmd you're pulling at my heartstrings and now I think you're town again.

Who's the scum?
I can't really tell why they changed their position and they aren't trying to form a new one, instead asking someone else to come up with a suspect.

I want to know where they stand now.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 am

Post by populartajo »

Im catchin up tonight. Had a very busy weekend
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Ojando
Ojando
Townie
Ojando
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Ojando »

There was no kill last game day.

I'm also currently trying to reread.
Ojanen+Sando
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

I ought to do something about this game now I'm back from holiday.

Most likely I will be voting nyballs. Gonna do a reread focused on Scope, ZB and PTA because ZMDtown throws off my worldview somewhat.
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

Oh the luxury of being able to doublepost.

I'm not doing it tonight.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Mod: can you prod Kison / nyballs?

I think the half-Zaphod is coming out of V/LA now.

@People re-reading: What in particular are you reading?

There's not much I'm learning from ZMD's gut opinions now that he's known town. I do agree on some of his rankings like in this post:
ZMD wrote:I'd be ok lynching Zaphod or JScope. I'd be willing to lynch ny. I could compromise on Ojando or Ortohoops if needed. I will NOT vote FD or PtA (or myself obviously).
Except move nyballs below Ojando and Ortohoops because I don't have reason to place nyballs as scum currently, and my bad feelings about Ojando and Orto.

--------------------------
I've got a bad feeling about Ojando recently that is mostly gut right now, but I am also concerned that they approached yesterday without very much electricity. To say it another way, they were more passive than aggressive even though they were torn between ZMD and Zaphod.

If they really couldn't decide the best lynch between themselves I'd expect them to work it out amongst themselves but also in the thread directed at ZMD and Zaphod. They did a little but without much passion. This is compared to the passion they had against RW.

@Ojando: Any reason why your confident style dropped between days 3 (RW) and 4 (ZMD/Zaphod)?

--------------------------
I also have a bad feeling about Ortohoops and it starts with how long it took for them after shaft.ed died for them to comment on it or use that knowledge to scumhunt.

Their first post after the shaft.ed flip was almost 5 days but in that post they didn't mention shaft.ed at all. Not even to say they will go and look for connections, etc.

@Orto: Why didn't you acknowledge the flip in that first post?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Half-Zaphod is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

May I be of assistance?
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Ojando wrote:There was no kill last game day.

THIS needs elucidation.

Am I right that the scum is lurking?
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by J-Scope »

After you said ZMD pulled your heartstrings as town, you didn't give a new feeling on who was scum. So who is scum?

I think the no-kill could be the result of a power role, though there's nothing to indicate that either way.
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

Hi. I'm still here. I don't have time to do a thorough read right now, as there are several players I need to get a stronger vibe from. Hopefully I can do this shortly.

Prior to reading:

FD - Town
PTA - Town
J-Scope - Neutral/Town
Ortohoops - Neutral
Ojando - Neutral/Scum
Zaphod - Scum
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:29 pm

J-Scope wrote:I think the no-kill could be the result of a power role, though there's nothing to indicate that either way.
If the no-kill is a byproduct of a roleblocker, someone knows who a scum is.
Ojando
Ojando
Townie
Ojando
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Ojando »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Half-Zaphod is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Ojando wrote:There was no kill last game day.

THIS needs elucidation.

Am I right that the scum is lurking?
I found this funny, is it just me?

J-Scope, you're right, my (Sando) confidence was pretty battered, but it was Trotsky flipping SK that made me feel really stupid. I think I said that I couldn't work out how his comments made sense as either scum or town, and yet it still didn't click in my brain that he was an SK. It didn't really matter in game terms, but I felt like an idiot regardless, and missing something so obvious as that, combined with RW flipping doc didn't do good things to my confidence. Ojanen has done most of the posting since then, and is naturally more passive than I am. I just finished another game, and that gave me a lot of confidence, so I'm raring to go baby.
J-Scope wrote:@People re-reading: What in particular are you reading?
Pretty sure they meant this thread, would seem very odd to post that you're rereading a different game...

Zaphod, what do you mean by the elucidation comment? Ojanen's post seems very clear to me, are you saying that it deserves more comment on how/why there was no kill, or are you actually asking for clarification of the post?

Zaphod, are you still basing you suspicions off whoever lurked and didn't? It was a pretty weak argument when you first brought it up and claimed that people lurking through a twilight with rule changes pending was scummy, and you seem to have backed off actually accusing anyone and just saying that scum are lurking, loosely based around no kill yesterday.
Ojanen+Sando
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I mean what are people re-reading inside this thread. Like is it a particular day, a particular player (still alive or recently killed?) or looking at voting trends, etc etc?
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

J-Scope (463) wrote:There's not much I'm learning from ZMD's gut opinions now that he's known town. I do agree on some of his rankings like in this post:
ZMD wrote:I'd be ok lynching Zaphod or JScope. I'd be willing to lynch ny. I could compromise on Ojando or Ortohoops if needed. I will NOT vote FD or PtA (or myself obviously).
Except move nyballs below Ojando and Ortohoops because I don't have reason to place nyballs as scum currently, and my bad feelings about Ojando and Orto.
It's interesting that you apparently agree with some of his rankings even though he has you as top 2/equal first in his suspects. You need to explain why you could both be town and he could have a similar mentality to you about finding the scum, but place you so highly in his suspects.
J-Scope (463) wrote:I also have a bad feeling about Ortohoops and it starts with how long it took for them after shaft.ed died for them to comment on it or use that knowledge to scumhunt.

Their first post after the shaft.ed flip was almost 5 days but in that post they didn't mention shaft.ed at all. Not even to say they will go and look for connections, etc.

@Orto: Why didn't you acknowledge the flip in that first post?
If you re-read my subsequent posts you'll see you're entirely re-treading old ground. I made that post because I was in a rush to beat the prod, if you read my next post I addressed this point after Yos brought it up. When you say your bad feeling "starts" at that point- is there any more substance to it, or are you just re-treading the points Yos and PTA already made?

The only really plausible explanation for the lack of a kill for me is roleblocker or doctor involvement. The only alternative is lazy scum or scum deliberately submitting a no kill. We already had a kill on Yoswen in the previous day after both SKs were dead which means we're not in some bizarre scenario with 2 mafia doctors or anything (if there were two mafia doctors neither could submit the kill).
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

Ojando wrote:Zaphod, what do you mean by the elucidation comment? Ojanen's post seems very clear to me, are you saying that it deserves more comment on how/why there was no kill, or are you actually asking for clarification of the post?
It needs "elucidation" as in "solving the mystery of why there was no kill." No "clarification" is needed.
Ojando wrote:Zaphod, are you still basing you suspicions off whoever lurked and didn't? It was a pretty weak argument when you first brought it up and claimed that people lurking through a twilight with rule changes pending was scummy, and you seem to have backed off actually accusing anyone and just saying that scum are lurking, loosely based around no kill yesterday.
It's not a full and convincing argument, but a small point we may want to consider.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:25 am

Post by populartajo »

Waiting for Pokerface input to post. He was V/LAish until yesterday.

In the meantime:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
J-Scope wrote:I think the no-kill could be the result of a power role, though there's nothing to indicate that either way.
If the no-kill is a byproduct of a roleblocker, someone knows who a scum is.
Why is a roleblocker the first thing that comes to your mind?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:33 am

populartajo wrote:Why is a roleblocker the first thing that comes to your mind?
We lynched a doctor that was not counterclaimed. I suppose there are possibilities beyond roleblocker, but I was too intellectually lazy to think about them since we don't have claims out there.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:28 am

Post by J-Scope »

There were 3 trackers in alpha. Why not multiple roles here?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 am

J-Scope wrote:There were 3 trackers in alpha. Why not multiple roles here?
I forgot about that.
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

Getting about halfway through this has so far reinforced my positions. In particular, I am p. certain that Ojando is town, and fairly certain that ZB is town. I am therefore looking for scum from the Ortohoops/PTA/J-Scope/nyballs.

In my partial reread Jscope and nyballs predecessor stuck out as /notgood on the very early wagons.
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

I get the distinct feeling that people aren't caring as much about this game as they ought to be. I think this game needs someone to get riled up or pissed off. How much do you all care about winning this game? Do you want to win?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by ortolan »

/me throws chair at Frog Dodging

there was clearly a roleblock or doctor protect contributing to the no kill, if it was a roleblocker someone knows who da scum is (actually I would be very suspicious if someone claimed roleblocker now having missed the opportunity to do so earlier)

therefore I'm more inclined to believe it resulted from a doctor protect. There are two scum left among 7 players. If the doctor claims now we get them confirmed and another townie confirmed (I'm highly skeptical a mafia doctor would protect against their own kill)- the scum can kill one but not the other, unless they counter-claim in which case we still have time to lynch each claimant to prevent fake-claiming. If we wait until LYOL before they claim, we're more than likely going to be drawn into a 50/50 if the mafia counter-claims them.

Therefore I advocate...mass claim! Any disagreements?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

Actually there is a flaw in that in that if the scum kill goes through today and we mislynch, if they kill again tomorrow then that brings it down to 4 players and they end-game. Which means we are *probably* going to be in MyoL now. No lynching seems advisable, and it may be better to leave the massclaim till tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”