Newbie #784 - Mafia In Tinytown (GAME OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 pm

A small but deadly criminal organization is terrorizing Tinytown (home of small, mostly defenseless newbies), and it's up to the nine of you to figure out whodunnit.

Players:
    (alive)
  • Sando, Townie
  • Zachrulez ([wiki]SE[/wiki]), Townie

(dead)
  • KittyMo, Townie, was lynched Day One.
  • [s]Detah[/s] Shotty to the Body, Townie, was killed Night One.
  • Albert B. Rampage ([wiki]IC[/wiki]), Mafia Goon, was lynched Day Two.
  • Starbuck, Townie, was killed Night Two.
  • [s]ppp973[/s] Kid Know Nothing, Townie, was lynched Day Three.
  • [s]The Tummy of Moss[/s] [s]Guybrush Threepwood[/s] yellowbunny, Doctor, was killed Night Three.
  • [s]Amberrock[/s] Vel-Rahn Koon, Mafia Goon, was lynched Day Four.
Setup:
[ooc]This game uses the 9-player setup called [wiki]F11[/wiki], which consists of four possibilities:
  1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  3. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
One of these was chosen totally at random, as were all role assignments.[/ooc]
Last edited by Mr. Flay on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 am, edited 17 times in total.

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Of course, this would all be a lot easier if you weren't so sure that some of you haddunit. Two of you, in fact, though you're not sure who else is what. Here's the possibilities:

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Roleblocker[/wiki], along with your partner _________ (who is simply a [wiki]Goon[/wiki]). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Goon[/wiki], along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia [wiki]Roleblocker[/wiki]). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
OR
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Goon[/wiki], along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.

[hr]65[/hr]Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the [wiki]Doctor[/wiki], and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are [wiki]roleblocked[/wiki]. You may not protect yourself.

The Mod wrote:You are the [wiki]Cop[/wiki], and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are [wiki]roleblocked[/wiki]. You cannot investigate yourself.

The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Townie[/wiki], and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Even though many games start with Night, Newbie Games begin with Day once everyone has confirmed that they understand their role. Scum are allowed to talk by [wiki]PM[/wiki] in the pre-game stage, but no other "night actions" may be taken.

[hr]76[/hr]Rules:
  • Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this: Vote: Joe. Unvotes should also be bolded (Unvote: Jane) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required.
  • A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a [wiki]lynch[/wiki] and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a [wiki]deadline[/wiki] is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered.
  • Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
  • Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a contentless "go <team>"/Bah! post is fine).
  • Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
  • Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
  • If you see something you don't understand, ASK! Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
  • Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends), let us know. I will [wiki]replace[/wiki] severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
  • Any action which would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake (for example, posting a made-up PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
  • Robust cryptographyand steganography are not allowed in my games.
  • Have fun; don't be an ass; participate!

KittyMo
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 6:43 pm

/confirm :)
Sysop & volunteer contributor for the MafiaScum wiki | My GTKAS | Avatar by Pine

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 6:44 pm

More confirmed than the U.S. recession!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm

/confirm

Hi Albert :)

Amberrock
Townie

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Confirmed :)

Starbuck
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 pm

/confirm
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Sando
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Wed May 06, 2009 3:12 am

/confirm

Detah
Townie

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu May 07, 2009 6:14 pm

/confirm

ppp973
Townie

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm

I shall confirm

somerand0mguy
Townie

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu May 07, 2009 10:59 pm

confirm....if i still can

Starbuck
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 1:17 am

somerand0mguy wrote:confirm....if i still can

You're not even on the list.

Amberrock
Townie

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 3:17 am

somerand0mguy wrote:confirm....if i still can

Hello and welcome to Mafiascum :)

Unfortunately, you can't confirm for this game because you are not a part of it. To become a part in a Mafia game, I forward you to the queue for newbie games. You can sign up and wait until you're invited to a game.

Alternatively, if you really DO want to get into this game, you can offer to be a replacement. Seeing as the Tummy of Moss hasn't confirmed yet a spot might open up in the near future.

Cya around here!

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 am

[ooc]Guybrush Threepwood is in for Tummy; when he picks up you may consider yourselves in Day One, as I won't likely have access to the site until the evening.[/ooc]

Guybrush Threepwood
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 8:56 am

I am confirmed.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Amberrock
Townie

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 9:21 am

Great, that means we're off :)

*scours the topic for maffia*

Detah
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 am

and it begins.

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 10:03 am

Hello, there. I'm about to leave on a boat ride, so I will keep my post short. My name is Albert B. Rampage. You may call me Albert, Rampage, Ramp, man on the boat, whatever. I've been playing this game for longer than most, and so I'll be your guide throughout the day, along with Zachrulez. In this game of mafia, you can think of us as Dr.House and Dr.Cameron, respectively. We hold no authority over you, the truth or the rules, but we can critique your diagnoses and disqualify your theories as if they were bad songs and we were Simon Cowell. Under my strict supervision, by Day 2 you will all have either graduated or died. Of course there is no guarantee that I am town, so beware. One word of advice: play wisely. There is no luck involved in a mafia Newbe game.

Random vote:
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 10:03 am

Vote Detah

Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 am

Vote: Starbuck

And so begins newbie 784.

Guybrush Threepwood
Townie

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Vote: ABR
I hear thats a good plan around here.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Sources or you are scum.

KittyMo
Too Sparkly

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Fri May 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Random vote: Amberrock

Hi people! :) I am excited because this is my first game that I'm not replacing into! Hehe. I've completed one game (I lost :( ), and am also in another game. I have played quite a bit of real life mafia. Anyone else care to share their mafia experience?
Sysop & volunteer contributor for the MafiaScum wiki | My GTKAS | Avatar by Pine

Starbuck
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat May 09, 2009 1:38 am

Vote: Guybrush Threepwood

His name creeps me out for some reason.

Hello! This also is the first game I'm not replacing into. I started playing Mafia just a few weeks ago on the View Askew forums (director Kevin Smith's site). They do theme style mafia games that are going all the time. My first game was based on the book/musical Wicked, and currently we are playing an all powers DC Comics theme game. I'm really liking mafia. I am pre inned for a Twilight mini game, and am playing SensFan's Fantasy mini as well.[/b]

Amberrock
Townie

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat May 09, 2009 7:42 am

Vote: ppp973

His name refers to a lot of political and statecontrolled organizations in South-East Asia. I don't trust business around there, corruption and stuffz.

Anyway, by way of welcome, I'll do a little introduction as well. Technically, this is my second game but due to a holiday abroad I got replaced in my first game before that game reached its third page.

This will be my first full-fledged game :) I'm excited. Good luck everybody!

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games