Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Amished »

Who would've known something like that would happen though, Dev? Finding a non pro-town allied person D1 out of.. 6? is pretty damn good, IMO. You did well, there was no way to divine the consequences of your action.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Mastin »

Jebus wrote:
You are absolutely dead-set on killing RedCoyote, but you want to make him suffer. You win if RedCoyote is lynched on Day Two or later. Should he be night killed or lynched on Day One, you will commit suicide upon the beginning of the next Day phase.

Confirm via PM.
[A comment on this - I put the Lyncher in to help balance out the cult. The lyncher role here is meant to have whoever the cult leader is as their target. The reason for the "after Day 2" was to make it so that the lyncher had some intention of surviving. If the lyncher had completed his/her win condition, s/he would have been removed from the game with the personal win.]
Fight, fight, fight,
fight
the urge to say "I told you so"

Hmm...no...I swore I would stop being arrogant, and that's just as arrogant as actually saying "I told you so" ten times. How about
Fight the urge to SAY "Fight, fight, fight, fight the urge to say 'I told you so'"
:P

I told the ENTIRE truth. I never lied. This should be testament to just how much I value honesty.

As for my absence, I was seriously overextended. If you're Zwet, KMD, or someone similar, you can handle fifteen games. When you're who I was (I hestitate to say "ME" because I've changed since them), not so much. I've written whole rambles on just how epically I failed.
(Pretty much everyone I thought was scum...turned up town, everyone I thought was pro-town...was anti-town. Yay, arrogance recklessness and stupidity!)

This game, I felt that all the pro-town people for the most part looked super-scummy, and the anti-town players played really well.
Devestation wrote:I didn't watch the game much after I died. I wish I didn't rolecop Mastin D1, he would've apparently done something useful about the cult.
Not sure you would've been that much better off. I mean, if I survived day one, I was going to claim to be a cop day two (guilty on Red Coyote, of course), period, end of discussion, and pray my meta would carry through. (As Amished can attest to, that doesn't apparently work that well. :/)

Also, yes, I really considered myself an honorary townie, in that I was trying to win with the town. It would be interesting to see what would happen if I were to play this game again with what I know now about my playstyle. (Y'know, how INCREDIBLY anti-town it is. How incredibly overextended I was. Stuff like that. If I had done only one game at a time, and actively worked to CORRECT my flaws instead of going "Eh, screw that, it's more fun this way, why change?", I think I would've done significantly better.)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Mastin »

Amished wrote:Who would've known something like that would happen though, Dev? Finding a non pro-town allied person D1 out of.. 6? is pretty damn good, IMO. You did well, there was no way to divine the consequences of your action.
To be quite frank, I deserved to be lynched. Heck, I deserved to be lynched in almost all of my games, period. It's just who I was at the time. So, yea, Dev did do the right thing, although it certainly did NOT make me happy. (As I said, only two things could happen if I denied being a lyncher: Either 1: Dev is lynched, revealed to have been telling the truth, and I die day two, or 2: I die day one, anyway.)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Jebus »

EmpTyger wrote:In fact, during setup approval, I specifically asked Jebus what the answer to that question would be, and he explicitly told me otherwise. Bastard modding is *not* a Normal mechanic, and I'm just as upset as you that not only did it wind up in the game, but that it significantly affected the outcome.
Oh, I remember that now. It was something I'd changed before the game started but after it went through review, because I thought it completely gave away that there was a scum mason. So I changed it to what I said to everyone in this game in order to help out the outmanned mafia team.

Sorry that it happened this way, but I still hope you guys enjoyed this game. It was certainly fun to watch, anyways.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

Javert wrote:My heart is broken. :(

It is games like this that make me wonder why I bother to put in as much effort as I do. Marking this game as a loss is like a knife to the heart.

The worst part is that I originally assumed that the Masons were
not
confirmed up until the Masonry said they had explicitly asked the Mod about their status, and then returned to the thread proclaiming that they were all town. Sigh.
Jebus' response was 'there is absolutely nothing in your role PM to make you think your partners are scum.'

3.)
This was not a Large Normal game. I replaced into this game with the hopes of having
regular
roles; not a "Paranoid Doctor," "Scum Mason," "Lyncher," "Killing Cultist," and the like. This game should have been Large Themed given the large amount of non-traditional roles.
100% agree. Whoever passed it as normal was on crack.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mastin wrote: If you're Zwet, KMD, or someone similar, you can handle fifteen games.
I'm having a hard time keeping up with my two games.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Mastin »

...Really? 'Cause I thought you were in a LOT more...
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

The way to love a last post is to realize that it may be lost.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”