Mafia 94: Sickening Pimplicity (GAME OVER)

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

On second thought, I suppose I should've considered the inHim-Emp scumpair.

God I was sweating that hammer. Now, before I get in trouble at work, I'll just leave it at GG for now, ^5 Emp.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

HOLY SHIT OLDGUY WAS RIGHT THERE THE WHOLE TIME.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am

Post by semioldguy »

I was about to Unvote, but when I refresed I saw the second vote and it was too late.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 am

Post by semioldguy »

After unvoting I was going to ask you to explain why voting tajo over me was your decision since you were saying Empking as a pair for either of us.

I checked back three minutes too late.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 am

Post by skitzer »

Day 8 results

populartajo, Townie, lynched Day 8
WarWound, Townie, killed by a terrible bout of acne Day 8
semioldguy, Townie, killed by a terrible bout of acne Day 8

inHimshallibe, Mafia Goon, wins!
Empking's Alt, Mafia Goon, wins!
Pyromaniac, Mafia Goon, wins!
ErikTheRed, Mafia Goon, wins!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Well.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am

Post by populartajo »

There is only one person to blame in this mess.

Yes, me.

All of those mislynches were caused by me. And I couldn't prevent Zito's one. And I prevented the Emp one. Yeah, me.

Seriously, I feel so stupid now.

I need a paragraph to congratulate inhim. Good play dude. Kinda lurky but you managed to get on my radar just in the last days. I had you pegged as scum since yesterday but I got distracted with oldguy and assumed wrongly you were both scum. I didnt want you against me, so I had to downgrade my Emp town read to "he could be scum" so I could work with you to lynch him. Duh.

Emp once again proves that its a total irresponsible thing to let him survive more than day 1.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 am

Post by EriktheRed »

Fantastic work, inHim. I was never in doubt that you'd be able to pull this off. Not even after Pyro and I screwed so many things up. ;) I learned a lot from this game.

Great game, guys. I really enjoyed following along.

Mod: Can we get night actions, or at the very least Muzzz' investigations?
-- Erik
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 am

Post by skitzer »

Night One
Mafia kills ekiM
SK kills Kison
Cop investigates Adel
Doctor protects elvis_knits

Night Two
Mafia kills roflcopter
Cop investigates populartajo
Doctor protects elvis_knits

I'm not sure what muzzz's third investigation was.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Night 1 inHim wrote:Any thoughts on kill targets?

My vote goes to someone that Spolium or Stef attacked, or to kill someone very suspicious of Stef or Spolium.
I sent in a tentative ekiM kill based on his question about the cop to the mod. I learned that Empking had sent in a kill on roflcopter. I says to myself, “Organization, good sir,” and proceeded to try and lead Nighttime discussion from then on.
Night 1 inHim wrote:Emp, did you notice any breadcrumbing by rofl?

He wasn't really around that much.

Let's get something to skitzer soon.
Erik meanwhile agreed that ekiM could have been breadcrumbing cop.
---
Night 2 inHim wrote: What do you all think of the game so far?

I think Adel is the cop. Check his very first post of the game.

But maybe we should kill rofl - it's a great setup of tajo, as there's so much WIFOM that is used as a defense. Did you see anything else in him Empking?
Never came back to accuse tajo of killing rofl, but other townspeople did use this “against” tajo.
Night 2 inHim wrote:
Empking wrote: If Adel is the cop we should definately target him.
Erik wrote: You don't think that was just a joke on Adel's part? Aside from that, I only see two decent targets: rofl and elvis.
I don't know if Adel is the cop or not - the way he has chosen to play this game, though, makes it more likely, in my opinion.

Cephrir coming up SK gives us a window of opportunity to run the town away from Empking. We need something for tajo to latch onto - killing elvis may scream so much framing that they ignore him as the play - then again killing rofl may lead the town down the road to a tajo lynch.

We need to kill the cop - we should go back and see if anyone has randomly mentioned us as acceptable lynches. I'm in the clear at the moment - there should be no reason for a cop to check me yet.

My best guesses for cop (starting with most likely): Adel, tajo, or muzzz. All three of them seem to be playing roled.

If I had my say on kill rankings:
1. rofl or Adel - throw suspicion or maybe hit a cop.
2. elvis - has to go; basically consensus confirmed town.

I want to hear both of your thoughts.
Erik wrote: Well, rofl is in both my list and your own, so, logically, he seems like a good kill.

I didn't see anyone toss out my name (though people find me neutral, and when I'm cop I tend to investigate neutrals like me), and I didn't see anyone not toss out Empking's.
So we killed rofl. Game-changer right there – we were tons o’ lucky. I knew then the cop had to start breadcrumbing his results hard, or at least that is what I began looking for.
---
Night 3 inHim wrote: I'm thinking muzzz, something about the way he came after Erik seems telling.

We really need to find the freaking cop. This is dangerous.
Erik wrote: I really thought Adel was the cop. I did some rereading, and couldn't see other players showing anything that screamed "cop" to me. Muzzz works for me, unless I think of something in the meantime.
Emp agreed on the muzzz kill.
---
Night 4 inHim wrote: OK, I think we need to take down Achilles. The pool of increasingly town-like players is big right now, so we need to dwindle this down.

I'm going to try and be a more vocal force during the rest of this game.

Game plan:
Kill Achilles Tonight
Let tajo, elvis, zito, and badger argue amongst themselves for another Day, hopefully really ticking each other off.
Kill one of tajo, elvis, zito, and badger. Preferably elvis or badger. If Erik is lynched, zito needs to die.

Erik, sorry, but my first post is going to be a bus. I don't know if the town will take hold or not. Just telling you it is coming. Whether you put up a good fight or just go for some semi-personal attacks is up to you.

Good luck, gentlemen! We've been doing pretty well for ourselves. Don't defend each other and at least one of us should make it out of this game on top.
Erik wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. I take it it'll be a more serious bus than your previous ones? I'm sorry I've been rather useless this game; I've been scum for my past half-dozen games, and it's hard to fake-scumhunt when you're out of practice doing it for real! But that's merely an excuse, and I'm going to try to improve my play some now that there are fewer players.

Yes, I agree we're winning here. I'm probably going to get lynched today or tomorrow, but Empking is practically confirmed town thanks to Elvis, and if you bus hard enough they'll probably buy you, too.

I don't see anyone else to kill tonight. Everyone else is either suspicious or necessary to stir up enough chaos in the town.
---
Night 5 inHim wrote: Alright, E, we need to take this game home.

I think we have to take out one of the big 4 now - eb, elvis, pz, tajo.

eb and tajo don't make sense to kill because they're spilling each other's blood in the sand.

elvis doesn't make sense to kill because she thinks we're innocent.

papa zito then?

Or should we kill someone like IH, NAW, or Harumafuji? I think leaving Harumafuji in helps us, if anything. Then again, he is replacing TRS, who is pretty much confirmed town if you think about it.

My preference to kill is papa zito, harumafuji, then whoever, tajo, eb.

I think we save tajo for another night, finally kill him off, and let elvis help us kick eb out.

Scenario for our perfect game:
ElectricBadger
elvis_knits
Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
JamesBond
NewAgeWarrior
Papa Zito - kill him
populartajo

ElectricBadger
elvis_knits
Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
JamesBond - lynch him
NewAgeWarrior
populartajo

ElectricBadger - kill him
elvis_knits
Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
NewAgeWarrior
populartajo

elvis_knits
Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
NewAgeWarrior
populartajo - lynch him

elvis_knits - kill her
Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
NewAgeWarrior

Empking's Alt
Harumafuji
IH
inHimshallibe
NewAgeWarrior

and then we can quicklynch.

Let me know what you think.
I was pushing some crazy talk here, and Emp set me straight.
Emp wrote: I think Elvis has already convinced everyone and we're safe as long as she doesn't turn against us.

I think we should kill her so she doesn't turn against us.
He was absolutely right.
I entitled our kill PM to skitzer as “Mafia 94 – ‘it’s time’”
---
Night 6 inHim wrote: kk, so I think we kill TRS, or whoever replaced him.

Go one more day with PZ and tajo. Maybe they turn on each other finally. But whatever. Then kill anyone but tajo, and then hopefully lynch him the Day after Tomorrow (Day 8).

I'm going to let off on my heat of you.

I think we should probably push Harumafuji.
Emp agreed I should lay off the bussing. ;)
We noted to skitzer that our kill of NAW was “playing with fire.” We kinda were, but I had already resolved at this point that I was playing to clinch this game for Empking to win it for us.
---
Night 7 inHim wrote: OK, here's the situation:

We need one lynch.

Players left alive:
inHim
Emp
tajo
Amished
oldguy
WW

The options as I see them, in order of preference from most preferred at the top, to least preferred at the bottom:
Kill Amished
Kill tajo
Kill WW
Kill oldguy

If we kill oldguy, we are left with both Amished and tajo, which isn't good for us, I don't believe. Not much chance of winning Tomorrow.

If we kill WW, we throw in the heavy suspicion of oldguy and tajo together, and maybe we can escape between all the confusion. However, I like having WW in because he might accidentally hammer again or something. Possibility of winning Tomorrow.

If we kill tajo, we both have to be at each other's throats all Day, because of the highly plausible "at least one scum had to be active to send in the kill" theory. This does eliminate the best town mind in tajo. It also puts our chances of victory in really good hands if we sell our acting jobs correctly. However, I don't like putting us down a man intentionally, when we're so close to victory. Slim to no chance of winning Tomorrow.

Finally, if we kill Amished, I think we have a great chance to win Tomorrow, or make endgame so easy for you that you can breeze past any 3-player endgame configuration. Basically, tajo's going to realize that I am scum. I really don't think he will get that you are scum.

Since it is looking like it will be up to you to win it if we DON'T win Tomorrow, it's your choice who we kill.

What do you think?
Emp wrote: Ami definitely. (Good analysis)
inHim wrote: One last thing - what times of day do you check 'scum the most?

Trying to set up a potential quickhammer. If we can be on at the same time, we can swoop in for a kill.
Emp wrote:4-8 GMT
And that was that. I did want to suggest that Emp kill WW if I went home on Day 8, but Emp had sent in the kill and we were in Day before I logged back on. I do think Emp had fantastic chances at winning no matter which other two players he was left with.

All in all, thanks skitzer for a well-modded, enjoyable game, thanks Town for being tough (even if a lot of you looked scummy!) especially tajo, pz, oldguy, and amished at the end. Amished had me scared. Last, thanks to good partners! Way to go, guys. (:
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ah, and I just saw where muzzz did NOT investigate Erik. Well now, that's pretty interesting. I had noticed that playing with Pack had sharpened me to the scent of roleplayers, and I guess that could be a reason we leaned toward the Night 2 and 3 kills like we did, but maybe the rofl and muzzz kills were just pure dumb luck! The best kind! We'll take it, either way.
Show

:

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Amished »

Hrmph. Well, I was right in the fact that SOG was town...

@Tajo: You were almost as tunneled as me (sorry =\). You flipflopping like that just did not look town and then when all you had to back it up was "gut", I couldn't in good conscious believe you.

@PZ: You seemed to kinda give up on the game. That's what I most saw from you that was anti-town. You complained a couple times about "not free from this hell"; either suck it up and play or replace out. I don't care which, obviously townies replace out too.

Sigh, I screwed up the day I replaced in :(
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by WarWound »

wow what happened
I am a soldier
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Sup Amished.
Papa Zito wrote:I'm telling you this now, Amished, and I'll tell it to you again when this thing is over: your mafia theory is weak and it's going to lose you games. Unless you end up scum, of course, in that case all is well.
I keep my promises.

Amished, the fact that I continued to play the game despite not enjoying it at all should speak to my fortitude. I wasn't blowing smoke at you that ethics were all that were keeping me here, and per site rules I did indeed attempt to play to the best of my ability.

WarWound, we lost. Wish you'd participated more.

Things I learned today.

1. I have to stop listening to you kids and stay with my gut. My gut said Emp = scum when I replaced in. My gut said inHim = scum the day I got lynched. Both times I let myself get distracted.
2. There needs to be a Most Scummy Town award. We win. Congratulation!
3. Empking is a policy lynch from now on.
4. Contrary to inHim (possibly due to alignment) - This was my second, and last, skitzer game. And I think that's all I'll say about that one.

Well done scum.

inHim, if you don't mind helping a n00b out... how did you sniff the power roles out so well? What did you look for?
Kappa
Just Monika
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Interesting game all. Good job mafia!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by Adel »

Adel wrote:suggested lynch order:

Tajo
Papa Zito
nadroj15
EriktheRed
InHim
dammit, only 2/5 were scum... and they were on the bottom of my list.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Amished wrote:@Tajo: You were almost as tunneled as me (sorry =\). You flipflopping like that just did not look town and then when all you had to back it up was "gut", I couldn't in good conscious believe you.
On experienced players that is a towntell.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, that sucks. (I mean, good game and all, but I hate to lose!)

So I think I confirmed inhim and empking as town at one point... so... yeah. Sorry about that one!

The one thing I hope to never see again is town players attacking other town players who opposed a mislynch. If the town mislynches, let's not go after the people who didn't want the mislynch! Let's go after the people who contributed to the mislynch!

The only thing I didn't like about this game was the lurkers. It was so frustrating, and really cut into the fun of the game for me.

OH! And at one point I got a warning from the mod, saying that someone was complaining about me being a troll! I was really upset about that for a while. Perhaps I was too obnoxious at times, but I think it was due to my frustration level at the lurkers and pace of the game. I'm still not sure I was "being a troll" though. Was I a troll? It's okay, you can tell me the truth.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 am

Post by populartajo »

Ek wrote:The one thing I hope to never see again is town players attacking other town players who opposed a mislynch. If the town mislynches, let's not go after the people who didn't want the mislynch! Let's go after the people who contributed to the mislynch!
No, Carrie. Well, yeah, in some occasions. It depends.

At the end it all comes down to positions and arguments. If a player stays out of the wagon of a scummy townie for weak reasons, then he should be suspected. Just like if a player jumps on the wagon for weak reasons. Period. Scum don't always contribute to mislynches, specially when this town was full of scummy players. If that were the case, I was the perfect scum in this game.
Call me Tajo.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

But was I a troll?

Were you the one who turned me in?? Damn you tajo!!!!!11

;)
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I felt you were trolling me at one point, yes, elvis.

Feel free to blast me via pm.
Kappa
Just Monika
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought it was you... I think you accused me in thread too. I honestly wasn't trying to troll you. I just thought you were scum. If I went overboard, I apologize.
Talk nerdy to me.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 am

Post by populartajo »

Zito is trolling you.

You were not a troll, Elvis.

At some point you were tunneled on me but I guess that's ok. I deserved it.
Call me Tajo.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Amished »

@Xyl: Yeah, but to get somebody tunneled untunneled is difficult, when you're tunneled yourself =\ ugh.

If I had lived, (Tajo still alive) I would've thought that I'm getting played and went to inhim/EMP (hopefully, WW's mis-hammer or whatever was boneheaded and it would've taken me a bit to get over that). Then if Tajo died, yeah, I would've gone after the same people... Grr, I should've played better.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Tunneling: When you concentrate your attention on a single player. Extremely scummy.
Vote-hopping: When you don't concentrate your attention on a single player. Extremely scummy.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”