JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:26 am

Post by JDodge »

You guys can all stay, I just want to give you all some insight.

Reckoner, get a backbone in this game, you're playing like a baby. Drench, you're getting rode hard, you
will
be put away wet. Crazy, educate yourself, you need one honey. You're in dire need of one.

Blow this house up, folks. Blow this house up.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Crazy »

*breathe* I was nervous there. I hope I made the right choice. Sorry, JDodge.

I'll be voting for Drench this Unan1mous phase.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Way to be an abrasive douchebag for no reason, JD. I'm not playing like a baby. I haven't even really been "playing" the game. But I am now. And, hey, my "baby" style of playing got me this far.
green shirt thursdays
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Drench »

Heh, making me look like a sheep was fun.

Although I think I turned into a sheep by doing so, but meh.
join your union
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Unan1mous Stage 9

Hey houseguests! This is your host, Monique Michelle Yen. It is time to reveal the results of the Unan1mous Phase. With only 3 eligible winners, we could very have a winner!

*music plays*

Our eligible winners are
Drench
xRECKONERx
. and
Crazy
. But do not forget that
EriktheRed
also has a say in who wins!

I will begin revealing the votes now. The first vote is for...

Crazy!

The next vote is for...

Crazy! The tally stands at Crazy: 2. If even one more vote is for Crazy, we have a new winner. The next vote is for...

Drench! The tally is now Crazy: 2, Drench: 1. Keep in mind though, this could have been Crazy's vote. The last vote is for...

Crazy
! Congratulations Crazy! You are the winner of Unan1mous! Crazy received a couple of votes both to win and to be eliminated at the beginning, but then took an under the radar approach only to emerge as a potential target for inactivity near the end of the game. However, after being part of the vote to overthrow JDodge, he was able to turn it around into a win. Congratulations!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Whoo, go Crazy! Good job winning.

I guess you had it played well.
green shirt thursdays
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by JDodge »

THE PLAN FOR UNAN1MOUS DOMINATION

1. I decided right off that the best way to ensure a victory would be to ally with 1 person whom I felt would likely be a threat to me later on but wouldn't beat me head to head. It was relatively easy to pick this person; I decided with near-immediacy upon Drench due to his shaky past in screwing me over in games I'm not even in. So began my slow plot.

2. I figured the best way to make it to the end would be to fly under the radar as much as possible while picking off people who were doing the same. It is for this reason that I tried hard early on to get rid of Crazy.

3. Fast-forward to the first elimination phase. Time to make my move. I begin by forging an alliance with Crazy, lying and saying RECKONER lied to me about voting me for the plurality (my plan was that I would say I had Drench and Keyblade's votes; if questioned on Keyblade posting in thread that he was voting RECKONER I would have claimed a cover-up to hide us working together; in reality, I did get Drench and RECKONER's votes while convincing Drench to get rid of Keyblade.) and claiming RECKONER was the sole vote to inactive Crazy (that was me). I then move to Erik, trying to convince him to vote me next Unan1mous phase because A. I didn't inactive him and B. if he did I'd fight to keep him in it instead of having him eliminated.

4. It all kind of blew up, so I wanted to shake things up a bit. Hence my speech, which was basically just a copy of this.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Crazy »

Okay, to start off I quickly made alliances with Keyblade, xelada, and Drench. Drench said he had already made an alliance with JDodge, so I thought good.

For a while then, I basically didn't try to do much, because it seemed we had it easy to get into the Final Five.

So then goes mask man, Budja, evil lanterns, and then Reecer (I had actually voted for RECKONER to be eliminated at that one.)

When xelada was eliminated, I knew that that meant someone had went against the group... Drench said he thought it was Keyblade, and I believed him. (Was this true?)

Hence Drench votes off Keyblade the next Elimination Phase.

So then it was down to me, Drench, JDodge, RECKONER, and Erik. I thought the plan was to get rid of Erik next, so I voted for him. When it was a tie, I figured one of Drench/JDodge had voted for RECKONER and the other voted for Erik. In the revote, Erik was inactived.

However, then RECKONER posted with his "Crazy's alive! :D," which threw me for a loop. I asked him if he actually did vote for Erik; he said yes, and Erik actually confirmed that.

I decided to test this further, by asking "Were you the vote for RECKONER?" to both JDodge and Drench. Amusingly, they both said yes, they were, and then they changed their vote to Erik.

At that point, I knew that RECKONER was telling the truth and one of Drench/JDodge was lying. JDodge had just offered me a final two alliance. I agreed to this, but I didn't know if I was going to keep to it or not at that point.

I told Drench we had to vote for JDodge, and I told JDodge we had to vote for Drench. I told RECKONER we had to vote for one of them. He said he'd prefer JDodge, and he was my hunch anyway (it turned out I was right), so I agreed.

I was really nervous at that point... because that elimination round seemed to take forever, so I knew people were talking. But anyway, the results show and JDodge is gone. Yay!

Then I seconded my deals with both RECKONER and Drench, offering them both Final Two duel unan1mouses.

I then said in thread that I was voting for Drench. I really wasn't expecting an early victory; I expected RECKONER to vote me and Drench to vote RECKONER, just to get to the next round. I was shocked when Drench PMed me and said he was voting me. I think I just said "Cool," or something, obviously I didn't want to object.

Earlier today it occurred to me that I might actually get an early win if Erik voted for me. And then it happened, wow. I won. Thanks, guys, for voting for me. Winning is fun.

I thought this game was well designed, as well, since the twists involved interesting strategy, yet nobody could really be screwed by them. And the alternate elimination/inactivity votes ensured that a single person would win, unlike the original show.

(Also, I hadn't actually decided whether I would have voted to inactive Drench or RECKONER, yet. I was playing both sides, pretty much to ensure I wouldn't get voted off.)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

At least I was honest the whole way through. >.>

Mishmash brings out the worst in people.
green shirt thursdays
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Actually GD probably does
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Crazy »

xRECKONERx wrote:At least I was honest the whole way through. >.>

Mishmash brings out the worst in people.
I always wonder why people get freaked out about lying when it comes to Survivor-type games. If everyone was always completely honest, that would be pretty boring.

This is a game, and lying isn't against the rules. So why not use it to your advantage? It's not personal, just like calling someone "scum" in a mafia game isn't personal.

Return to “Social Game Archive”