Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Vi »

afatchic 98 wrote:TJM- If Vi is 51/49 to you right now, then why did it bother you that Y.C. tried to take Vi down. Accoriding to that, he had a 51% shot at taking down scum, and 49% shot at taking down town.
...I think I'll wait before saying something about this.
Porkens 91 wrote:That depends on what you mean by "P"
Or let me put it like this.
If you were my dream role (ignore the Win Condition), would you shoot both of them now?

@TMJ: So is/was Y.C scummy enough to be lynched or not?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 am

Post by sigma »

Cruciare wrote:As for TMJ, coming from a guy who called Vi "dumb head" in his first (?) post, all I'm getting is a null read. I've seen players like him before, and in most cases (when they're not pretending), that kind of behaviour was not indicative of their alignment. Questioning them also proved largely useless because their answers didn't make any more sense than their general behaviour. 82 did raise some eyebrows however, so I'll watch for his future commentaries.
@Cruciare: What kind of behavior from TMJ would indicate a scum-tell, if you don't mind me asking? I assume there's some tells you'd be looking for from an 'erratic' (for lack of a better term) player like TMJ. Voting patterns, maybe? You might not want to divulge your tells, but is there any way to get a read on erratic players, in your opinion?

@afatchic: You never did give us those promised answers to the survey.

I agree with porkens that YC/his replacement is easily the best lead right now -- I'll be watching closely to see how his replacement reacts to coming in at L-2.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

lol afatchic....that was just a hunch...

it's impossible for everyone here to trust each other at this stage

but the way Y.C. "pissed" make me think that he is up to something
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Vi - 100 : YES. I wanna lynch him

but considering that he is replaced and we still have time, I'm willing to hear more
Show
------ESL------
Finish game :
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote count mechanic stolen from playing under Vi as Mod (<3), the strikethrough indicates where the player was previously voting as of the prior vote count.

Vote Count 1.2
  • Y.C
    (Vi - Tjoe Min Ja - DeathRowKitty - Porkens - sigma)

Tjoe Min Ja
    (imaginality - Col.Cathart)

jammer
    (Cruciare -
    sigma
    )

Vi
    (Y.C)

James.Denholm
    (jammer)

DeathRowKitty
    (James.Denholm)

afatchic
    (
    jammer
    )

Not Voting
    (afatchic -
    imaginality
    -
    Col.Cathart
    )
With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by almightybob »

NON-GAME RELATED POST wrote:I know I'm not playing in this game but I was reading through it and, as a Scot, I felt I had to mention this:
Col.Cathart, in response to 'favourite fictional character', wrote:6) Loads and loads of them. Most notable: William Wallace, because he's fucking awesome.
William Wallace is not a fictional character. He was a real person.

Anyway... carry on.
Thank you for the correction, but please just use a PM next time!
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Get back here. We need a replacement.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by jammer »

Vi wrote:jammer, why are you voting according to a set policy?
Just playing around a little with the votes. Testing something out a little.
DeathRowKitty wrote:@jammer
You seem disinterested in the YC wagon. What do you think of YC's actions?
Then I made a wrong impression, I think YC actions are worthy of being voted. The lacking of YC currently, gets me to look at other players.

Well, after relooking at YC.

1) YC, goes against Viś survey like it is the worst possible. YC was not the only one. But his reaction was certainly more aggresive towards Vi. YC did also not react strongly when the survey was mentioned the first time and just random voted. But became aggresive towards Vi when others outed their distrust against the survey.

2) Calling for mod interference and for a policy lynch on Vi for utterly strange reasons.
No words..

3) Immediately after Porkens mentions his fake-railing, he drops the attack on Vi.
Support went, attack on Vi went.

With 1) and 3), I´d love to ask YC(if he would not be replaced), how to respond how it worked with the survey-fight combinated with the support.

I liked to hear more from YC, including the analysis, but that is not going to happen.
The coming replacement is rather annoying becouse (s)he can not explain any of YC actions.

And with Tjoe, his actions could be becouse he is newish(or something), as Cruciare said. I want to hear more from him.
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:lol...there are still many to convinced
I don´t think you anwsered this one. What did you mean with this line?

@RC, a change in plans, you can scrap the V/LA.
Also, prodd James D, if you´ll like

Noted.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Whoa, I've missed a fair bit. I'll re-read and make a quasi-analysis later.

Probably in about five hours.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

jammer wrote: I liked to hear more from YC, including the analysis, but that is not going to happen.
The coming replacement is rather annoying becouse (s)he can not explain any of YC actions.
In your opinion, how should we treat the replacement? (Should we immediately look for more votes? Should we take votes off? Should we look for new targets? etc.)
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

jammer 107 : I think you can see from the sig...that I play 3 games atm.
the first 3 game here:P

I play mafia in other site. Y.C.'s like a scum commit that he is scum. if Y.C. play in where I used to play....I 'm sure that he will be lynched. here in the other hand used a thougher contemplation

I make some action in the other 2 games as well and end up being "suspected".
Show
------ESL------
Finish game :
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Effective immediately, popsofctown replaces Y.C. Thank you, pops!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Thanks, pops. *Hur hur hur*

Anyway, as they say, Miss an issue, miss a lot.

Generally, I've got a fair scum reading on Y.C, now popsofctown. Incredibly strong tunnelling, willing to lynch a townie on policy, the whole mod involvement thing, accusing votes of being pushed, and now dropping out of the game and letting someone else take over. That said, my gut says no, that perhaps he was just excitable. It will be interesting to see which is right.

Vi... I can sort of now see what's going on. While you could read the whole survey thing as a scumtell, I ask myself now: Would scum really do that? Would they bring that much attention to themselves? Why?

Unless Vi is a very good scum-player. Which would mean he* is delibeatley trying to look lynchable, in the hopes that someone else trips up while arguing with him* and gets lynched instead, while Vi comes off as the victim. Or perhaps it's something more complicated than that.
jammer wrote:
Unvote: afatchic; Vote: James Denholm
Say what? Just randomly vote me why don't you.

And I'm going to
Unvote.

*Vi, could you hurry along and set a gender? Due to your av, I can't help but think of you as a female**, but the majority of people I've seen on this forum is male, so I don't know what to think.
**Please don't assume I'm insulting your masculinity if you are male.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:09 am

Post by Vi »

jammer 107 wrote:And with Tjoe, his actions could be becouse he is newish(or something), as Cruciare said.
Where did Cruciare say that?

----

@J.D - I wouldn't say I'm a great scum player; the last game I completed was my first scum win and I only got that because a Townie gave up in LyLo.

As for whether the survey is a scumtell, your best bet would probably be to look into how I went about the survey and see if there are any selfish motives.
Alternatively, look at the rest of my play :P

Also, jammer's vote on you wasn't random.

----
afatchic #0 wrote:Now on to the new topic about Tjoe Min Ja.
Well i was going to say something about this, but now that i think about it, i may should let him speak first. however here is a little preview of what it says....
WIWABIFWMVALBETSMADPITTMBC. IRCUWPOMOBJF,LWHIDSF. STSLANTTM.
(Hope i remember what that stands for lol)

BTW, I'll be participating in the survey in a few minutes.
We need a follow-up for all of this.
In addition, if you don't want to vote Y.C, why not vote someone else?

----
Col. Cathart #4 wrote:Of course, little scum taste is still there, but I've seen players like that. Their point of view blinds them so much, they're not seeing how stupid are things they are typing. I see him as overreacting townie who went into argument in Vi, and it was too late to backtrack from that point, so he went deeper into this bullshit. But that's only my opinion. Which is more or less useless, as Y.C. will be replaced,
and we'll never know the answer...
Do you think we will be able to read his replacement, popsofctown?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hey guys, i'm replacing for..... someone who posted like a godfather and made me check my role pm twice :0. Not sure if Vi wants me to answer the survey after she spoiled all the answers.

I think TMJ's sheeping is the best material we have right now. It fits the mold of newbscum i've seen before, the reasoning looks pretty reverse engineered and i think he's just following. Most of the other reasons for voting my slot can hardly be faulted.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

pops wrote: Hey guys, i'm replacing for..... someone who posted like a godfather and made me check my role pm twice :0.
Did it say "Godfather" in your role PM? It would explain a lot from this game.
pops wrote: I think TMJ's sheeping is the best material we have right now.
If you were in our shoes, would you still feel the same way? Personally, replacement or not, I still think you're our best lead. I'm willing to look elsewhere to extend the day if I see someone scummy enough (TBD), but don't expect my vote to stay off of you for too long after the way YC played.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by jammer »

DeathRowKitty 109 wrote:In your opinion, how should we treat the replacement? (Should we immediately look for more votes? Should we take votes off? Should we look for new targets? etc.)
We can not ignore how YC played, but we got a replacement who is not likely to anwser for YC.
And imo, you should always look around for new targets.

But as you said later, I agree. I highly doubt pops will change my mind about YC.

That said,
Unvote: James.Denholm; Vote: popsofctown

James.Denholm wrote:Generally, I've got a fair scum reading on Y.C, now popsofctown. Incredibly strong tunnelling, willing to lynch a townie on policy, the whole mod involvement thing, accusing votes of being pushed, and now dropping out of the game and letting someone else take over. That said, my gut says no, that perhaps he was just excitable. It will be interesting to see which is right.
Do you think YC is scum or not?
Vi 113 wrote:
jammer 107 wrote:And with Tjoe, his actions could be becouse he is newish(or something), as Cruciare said.
Where did Cruciare say that?
Cruciare 92 wrote:As for TMJ, coming from a guy who called Vi "dumb head" in his first (?) post, all I'm getting is a null read. I've seen players like him before, and in most cases (when they're not pretending), that kind of behaviour was not indicative of their alignment. Questioning them also proved largely useless because their answers didn't make any more sense than their general behaviour. 82 did raise some eyebrows however, so I'll watch for his future commentaries.
Vi 113 wrote:@J.D - I wouldn't say I'm a great scum player; the last game I completed was my first scum win and I only got that because a Townie gave up in LyLo.
Wiki of Vi wrote wrote:I was nominated for a Scummy for this game... but it wasn't thirded. But I got accepted into BaM for it, so I'll take that ^.^
It seems you did something right after all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Vi »

pops, to state what should be obvious you're at L-1. Could you elaborate on how TMJ fits the mold of newbscum? (see also the question @jammer two lines down)

jammer, are you comfortable with pops at L-1? Since you kinda put him there.

And... I'm not seeing anything where Cruciare called TMJ a newb, especially since TMJ explicitly said he's not one. Even so, how would newbiness affect your judgment here?

@Tofu Mafia: I won a game that was noticeably Town-sided filled with experienced players that should have been won a couple of times over by said Town in a game that should have been half its size in pages. I guess that should count for something.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Tjoe Min Ja wrote:yay...
unvote

vote Y.C.
I'm getting "web page has expired" messages hindering me from multiquoting in any sort of convenient fashion on htis laptop with a crappy mouse. I'm just going to ask forgiveness and say the next two posts after this don't expound on Tjoe Min Ja's unjustified vote. He doesn't expect anyone to ask for justification from him, but newbtown would usually share reasons more voluntarily than newbscum. He has to be pressed for reasons that sound like they were reverse engineered... attacking Vi doesn't seem like something that would seal the deal in a townie player's mind, unless he thought you were town, but he doesn't in particular. It looks like a constructed reason, not a natural one.

I understand if i get lynched here, but i want my "townie time capsule" message (there ought to be a name for those) to be "Lynch TMJ". I think he's scum, and I really don't even need much more to go off of. Have i yet to
unvote, vote: TMJ
?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

I find jammer suspicious for his last post. I'm not unvoting though and would be fine with a hammer.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm willing to
Unvote: popsofctown

for now, with pops on a tight leash.

Also,
pops 118 wrote:I think
[TMJ's]
scum, and I really don't even need much more to go off of.
I missed this the first time I read the post. You're that confident on Page 5 and after just replacing in?

----

Table of
Lies
Terminological Inexactitudes:

jammer - 1 {107}
TMJ - 1 {82}
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah, it's just too much of a mirror i just saw in a recent newbie game.

But what's up with unvoting me Vi? You always think i'm scum or SK..
"Well, I..."
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Cruciare »

sigma wrote:
Cruciare wrote:As for TMJ, coming from a guy who called Vi "dumb head" in his first (?) post, all I'm getting is a null read. I've seen players like him before, and in most cases (when they're not pretending), that kind of behaviour was not indicative of their alignment. Questioning them also proved largely useless because their answers didn't make any more sense than their general behaviour. 82 did raise some eyebrows however, so I'll watch for his future commentaries.
@Cruciare: What kind of behavior from TMJ would indicate a scum-tell, if you don't mind me asking? I assume there's some tells you'd be looking for from an 'erratic' (for lack of a better term) player like TMJ. Voting patterns, maybe? You might not want to divulge your tells, but is there any way to get a read on erratic players, in your opinion?
It helps to get them to talk more on their own (without being questioned). Sometimes when you pressure them with lots of votes, they may start singing, but the problem is sometimes they don't. Until their words start having more substance, the best lead would definitely be their voting. There are no specific 'tells', but my subconsious scumdar usually goes off when I see something not quite right.

Just like how I'm very tempted to correct Vi's 'mistake' right now... :D

Vote: popsofctown

Well, that's what I'd like to do but I want to hear more from certain people before someone can hammer. I do hope they get here before my scumdar gets itchy.
Unvote
:?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want this guy lynched. His first post did not sit well, and his second was just a follow up of the 'blame TMJ' viewpoint. There's nothing Pops could tell me which would explain Y.C.'s rubbish, and my meter was already tilted towards the scum side anyway. If he flips scum then I may have some idea as to who his scumbuddies are. This is the right lynch for today IMO.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown 121 wrote:Yeah, it's just too much of a mirror i just saw in a recent newbie game.
Link
por favor

pops 121 wrote:But what's up with unvoting me Vi? You always think i'm scum or SK..
So... you...
WANT
me to vote you?
And the time I thought you were an SK, you were... um... an Unnecessarily Compulsive Vigilante Neutral Survivor.

Cruciare, could you elaborate on TMJ's apparent newbishness?
Is jammer still an issue?
Is it more important to hear from "certain people" or to hammer?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Vi wrote:
Col. Cathart #4 wrote:Of course, little scum taste is still there, but I've seen players like that. Their point of view blinds them so much, they're not seeing how stupid are things they are typing. I see him as overreacting townie who went into argument in Vi, and it was too late to backtrack from that point, so he went deeper into this bullshit. But that's only my opinion. Which is more or less useless, as Y.C. will be replaced,
and we'll never know the answer...
Do you think we will be able to read his replacement, popsofctown?
Read, yeah. We're doing it right now. I want to see more pops posts before making a comment about his play. I do think however, his behavior will give us absolutely nothing in terms of Y.C's behavior. Unless pops is reading his mind, that is...
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”