Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Super UPick - Abandoned by mods

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Empking »

The machines whirred. They were summoning creatures from another world. all the while giving such complete something data. They whirred and worked.

Still Kicking

1. Primate
2. Drench
3. Chamber
4. MafiaSSK
Cobalt

5. Deathnote
7. Populartajo
10. Bogre
11. Boxman
12. Iecerint
13. Ortolan

Dead

9. Pyromaniac - Unnightkillable Hated Neighbour
8. Mr Squirrel - One-Shot Un-Nightkillable One-Shot Day vig
6. SpyreX - Cult Leader Neighbour

01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02] It would be appreciated if you unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. I do not require it, though.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post and pm in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: No Lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] Days will last 3 weeks long max. If I impose a day deadline, no one will be lynched if the deadline hits with no one reaching the required number of votes.
[07] Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it. No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you. Also, if you have anything sneaky or dicey such as screenshots, cryptography etc, please PM me and check.
[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, its a No Choice. If you have a power and don't want to use it PM me "none" "no action" or similar to keep the game fast.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike Oman (and like Crub) I am fallible. If I make a mistake, let me know. It can be either by PM or in-thread. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, please correct me, or your (incorrect) vote may be counted as I placed it.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15]Green texts are my mod texts. Please don't use them. I know what I write, and if you try to pass yourself off as me, you shall feel pain.
[16] Any Role PM that contradicts one of these rules overrides the general rule.
[17] Play to win this game. Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[18] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

[19] You may not vote for the same person twice in a day
Last edited by Empking on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Empking »

The Machines finish Buzzing.

Day Begins
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:15 am

Post by DeathNote »

I love you guys.... 1ST!!!!!
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Primate »

Hyup guys.

Pity about that Yopu chap, chances are he's going to have fairly limited options.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

It looks like we can't vote for someone twice in one day. Careful with RVS, maybe. :?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:45 am

Post by chamber »

Iecerint wrote:It looks like we can't vote for someone twice in one day. Careful with RVS, maybe. :?
Is your name yopu?
Taking a break from the site.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Iecerint »

No. I'm assuming that it's a typo and was meant by read "You."
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 am

Post by chamber »

vote Iecerint
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

To be read*

And look, I was right. :)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

To be read*

And look, I was right. My name's fixed, too.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 am

Post by populartajo »

This game.

Pseudovotes obv obv.

Pseudorandomwagonvote: Iecerint.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 am

Post by DeathNote »

I am confused.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

Someone probably included as their "fact" about the set-up that each player may not revote a player that day. For example, if chamber unvotes me, he won't be able to revote me until D2. However, the Mod mistakenly typed "Yopu" rather than "You" as Rule 19 in the first post on this page, so some people thought that the restriction applied only to one player (with the hypothetical rolename "Yopu") rather than to everyone. (It has since been fixed, along with the spelling of my name in said post.)

I pointed out that the typo was probably a typo to prevent people from limiting their voting flexibility (I'd missed said rule myself at first, so I figured other players probably would, too), and this upset chamber for some reason, or else he just voted me because he wanted someone to RVS; there's no way to know for certain because he's neglected to tell us.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Cobalt »

I don't like that chamber voted after there was discussion about the no-revoting rule.
hatersgonnahate.gif
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, huh. Looks like we need to actually USE FoS's and whatnot.

That said, chamber's vote makes one :(
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 am

Post by chamber »

Cobalt wrote:I don't like that chamber voted after there was discussion about the no-revoting rule.
Whats the difference between having my real vote on someone and having it on noone if I'm just going to wait for unoffial votes to hit majority to use it? Now had I unvoted at some point it might have been an issue.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Bogre »

PreVote Chamber

Why did you not heed the warnings about the votes?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 am

Post by chamber »

chamber wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I don't like that chamber voted after there was discussion about the no-revoting rule.
Whats the difference between having my real vote on someone and having it on noone if I'm just going to wait for unoffial votes to hit majority to use it? Now had I unvoted at some point it might have been an issue.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Cobalt »

What if you decide to pressure someone else, then think Ice would be a better lynch?
hatersgonnahate.gif
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 am

Post by chamber »

Cobalt wrote:What if you decide to pressure someone else, then think Ice would be a better lynch?
Now that my vote is where it is I will only be moving it under 2 conditions. 1 I'm sure of who I want to lynch and its not Ice, and 2 Ice is getting pressured too heavily. By placing it now I've restricted myself in the least of ways (I might have to unvote him if hes being pressured when I'm unhappy about it and then later want to revote him) and in return get these reactions. Well worth it if you ask me.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Cobalt »

Okay, your answer doesn't lead me to think you had a scum motivation for voting.
Now on to obvscum: Bogre, obviously looking for townie cred by jumping on chamber for the vote when several people had already pointed it out and really it wasn't that scummy anyway. Bogre, do you really think what chamber did was vote-worthy? Do you think it had a scum motivation? Why did you pseudovote chamber after several people had already commented on his vote without adding any new reasoning?
hatersgonnahate.gif
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

Lets play a little game of pretend:

Ice is being KIND of scummy. Then someone else does something AMAZINGLY scummy. So, votes come down (and your vote shifts) Then cpt scummy claims super-powered-death-cop-that-the-mod-confirms-day 2 on deadline day.

Now, because its almost deadline the people who haven't voted can shift to Ice, but you can't. How is that helpful?

----

Note this is just a simple way of saying I see no positive gains for voting in this setup but a whole mess of negatives for doing it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:29 am

Post by chamber »

SpyreX wrote:...

Lets play a little game of pretend:

Ice is being KIND of scummy. Then someone else does something AMAZINGLY scummy. So, votes come down (and your vote shifts) Then cpt scummy claims super-powered-death-cop-that-the-mod-confirms-day 2 on deadline day.

Now, because its almost deadline the people who haven't voted can shift to Ice, but you can't. How is that helpful?

----

Note this is just a simple way of saying I see no positive gains for voting in this setup but a whole mess of negatives for doing it.
1 this is extreamly unlikely so I think the reactions I gained outweigh it anyway but 2 I'd pressure with a pseudo vote in this situation and wait till after the claim to vote for realz.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

I've just received confirmation from the Mod that, unless we were told explicitly that our set-up fact could not be incorporated into the game, we may assume that it has been incorporated. I have not been told that my fact could not be incorporated into the game, so I assume that it is a part of this game's set-up.

The reason I'm saying all this is that my fact involved an anti-town role, but I myself am town-aligned. Since that role exists and it's not me, it stands to reason that other town players who submitted anti-town stipulations for their set-up "fact" may be able to share them with the town. This will give the town information that scum already has.

The only reason against doing this I can think of is that it may aid fakeclaims, but I think it's probably worth it. What do you think?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Primate »

Yeah, I don't think there's any benefit to realvoting here, but no-one ever really argued we should be doing it so...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”