Read them and know them. You are responsible for knowing ALL rules.
1.Outside Communication- Outside communication is forbidden unless your role allows it. Scum can communicate with other scum. Some town roles may also allow private discussion. If your role does not SPECIFICALLY state that you may discuss the game outside of the game, YOU MAY NOT do so. Unauthorized outside communication will result in an instant mod-kill if proven. (proven meaning I have enough reason to believe it happened).
THIS RULE STANDS EVEN WHEN DEAD
1a. Mafia Discussion threads are NOT a part of this game. Do not post there looking for advice on this game. If I have reason to believe that any posts you make in Mafia Discussion are made for help in this game, you will be mod killed.
2. Voting- Voting should be in the following format.
. In order to unvote, use
Bolding is required, as is unvoting. If you do not unvote, a new vote WILL NOT COUNT. Votes or unvotes in an incorrect format will not count. If I miss a vote or unvote, be sure to tell me as I am human and it may happen.
3. Night Actions- Night actions should be in within the amount of time that I have given. If I say "you have 24 hours" and no action is in, your action will be randomized. This means random.org will choose your action for you. I will prod for night actions when needed. If you are choosing not to perform an action, you MUST submit "no action".
4.Quoting- Do NOT post anything with exact quotes to anything given to you privately by either myself or another player (if your role allows this). You may paraphrase VERY LOOSELY, but no quoting. Don't quote anything from PMs, AIM, e-mail, or any other way you may be communicating with me or your scum buddies outside of the topic. If you are unsure of paraphrasing, contact me before posting it.
5.Twilight - You may talk until I lock the thread. You are not dead until I say so. That means that if you have been killed, but I haven't made it to the thread yet, you may still post.
6. Lynching- Lynching will require a majority vote (7 alive means 4 will lynch.) I will remind you in every vote count how many votes it takes to lynch. In case of a deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, the player who recieved the FINAL VOTE first will be lynched. Every vote count will also include the deadline.
7. No Lynch- The only way a no lynch will happen is if it is voted more than any specific player or no one votes at all. Yes, that means if at the end of Day 1, only one person is voting, one vote will be enough to lynch.
8. Activity- I will send out prods to any player who hasn't posted in 72 hours (not including weekends). If the prod hasn't been picked up after 48 non-weekend hours, I will start searching for a replacement. If the prod is picked up, but no post is made after 48 hours, I will send another prod. This time, if there is no post after 48 hours, I will start searching for a replacement. If a player being replaced shows up at any time before I find a replacement, they may continue playing. I will also prod on request.
8a. I will not put up with requests for force-replacements. If you don't want to play with someone in my game, request replacement for yourself, not for that player.
9. Deadlines- I will set a deadline for a month on Day 1. After that, deadlines are 3 weeks. If at any point in the game, four players or less remain during a day, deadline will be 2 weeks. At the deadline, night instantly occurs. The player with the most votes is lynched. Deadlines can be extended if a replacement is catching up or if I decide to accept a request for an extension.
10. When you are dead, do not post anything else. You can post a neutral "bah" post that gives no information about anything. Please make all "bah" posts entertaining and/or amusing. Other than that, you are dead. Rot there.
11. If you fake breaking a rule, it will incur the same punishment as actually breaking the rule. (rule shamelessly stolen from Farside22)
12. If you believe I have made a small mistake, for example, in a vote count, please point it out in thread. If you have a more serious grievance for some reason, talk to me privately. Leave it out of the game topic. (also stolen, but slightly re-worded, from Farside)
13. My word is final. If you have a problem with it, see rule 12.
14. Remember that you can still win if you die. This is true whether you are town or scum. For most 3rd party roles, this isn't true. But if you are killed, and your team still wins, you win just as much as the players who survived. Anyone who is replaced or modkilled does not win.
15. Play to win.
16. Have fun and allow others to do the same.
17. Do not use
. It is my color. All use of this color will be edited.
18. My games always may or may not include objectable roles such as cults, jesters, survivors, etc. If these roles exist, there can be multiple winners. This means the game does not end if one win condition is fulfilled and others can also still be fulfilled.
19. No small text, invisible text, or other hidden text
20. Any attempt to use Role PM structure is forbidden. If I see it, I will issue a warning. If I see it again, you will suffer some kind of creative punishment. If after the punishment, you try it again, you will be modkilled on sight.
21. I reserve the right to add rules if necessary. Everyone will be notified if I do so.
22. Votes for anyone/anything DO count. That means anyone/anything can be lynched whether he/she/it is on the Player List or not.
Sample Townie PM:
You are a
You can't really do much at night. I guess you actually sleep at night (unlike your Mod). During the day though, you are as busy as the rest of us. Discussing, voting, and lynching those dirty scum (you hope). You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm via PM.