Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #926 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Herodotus »

LlamaFluff wrote:Would be interesting to see this game play out a few more times.
Oh yes.

I see the talk about lurking, and that the scum did it more than the town. How big of a problem was inactivity? If the setup was run again, the players might use this game for background -- which means lurking could receive harsh attention. Do you think that might be sufficient incentive to keep people active? Is low activity even a problem, given that only one player needs to make a big decision each day?

I like the rule that the gunbearer commits suicide if they delay too long. It's the worst possible shot they could make, since it means a confirmed townie dies with no chance of hitting scum, and the scum can limit the information gained when they choose the new gunbearer. I suspect that if the setup is run again, it won't happen.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #929 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Herodotus »

Thanks for your response, Elmo. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm considering running a second iteration (though I'd be at least as happy to play instead of modding it.)
Right now, I think your approach to prods was fine. But the deadlines could probably decrease faster if there's a tendency for information to be generated on earlier days.

If there wasn't a chance of people disappearing without warning, I'd like to see
24 days for D1
20 days for D2
12 days for D3
7 days for D4+

I agree with mandatory replacement after X prods. Maybe even X-1 prods, if the prodded person is a replacement for a player who was replaced for inactivity.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”