The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:14 am

Post by The Tracker »

Vote: Mindgamer.

Bandwagoning for early mislynch, making him obvscum.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Flareonage »

VOTE: The Tracker

For also liking Pokemon
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:06 am

Post by The Tracker »

FoS: Flareonage.

Obvious buddying attempt is obvious. XD But yes, I do like teh Pokemanz.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

vote: The Tracker

How do you know, it will be a mislynch?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Tracker, Flare, and Col.

Why aren't you voting for the confirmed scum?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

We have one?

In addition, Tracker seems to be convinced Hito lynch will be a mislynch actually, and I'm curious why he thinks that.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Hoopla »

What goes in to everyone's decisions when they decide on their Day 1 lynch candidate?
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 am

Post by angelmouse »

Col.Cathart wrote:We have one?

In addition, Tracker seems to be convinced Hito lynch will be a mislynch actually, and I'm curious why he thinks that.
surely it was a joke. We're only on page two, game barely started and with 12 players it's hardly a lynch situation.

Jumping the gun a bit and voting on it?? Strange play

fos, cot.cathartic
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

hey I'm here surprisingly early. also I am extremely tired, and I am deliberately refraining from capitalizing and using punctuation in this sentence to make my internet voice sound how my real voice sounds right now
Hoopla 32 wrote:What goes in to everyone's decisions when they decide on their Day 1 lynch candidate?
Unless there's a really strong scum tell that pops up d1, I'm generally up for lynching the most anti-town person (non-contributor, person who frequently side-tracks town, etc). This obviously doesn't correlate completely with who is scum but it helps to find scum on later days. Basically, the defense "x isn't helping the town, but I don't think it's scummy" doesn't fly with me D1 (and to be fair, doesn't fly with me in most situations, but especially not D1.)

also,
vote: quagmire
, because presumably when you die I will no longer have to look at your avatar.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

angelmouse wrote:surely it was a joke.
About mislynch? Looks like I have a poor sense of humor then, because I didn't spot it. Or he just slipped, he know something, we don't.
angelmouse wrote:We're only on page two, game barely started and with 12 players it's hardly a lynch situation.
And how is it related in any way with the fact, he called wagon on Hito 'early
mislynch
'?
angelmouse wrote:Jumping the gun a bit and voting on it?? Strange play

fos, cot.cathartic
a) It's called 'getting us out from RVS', and there's nothing strange with it

b) FoSing instead of voting at the point when you don't have any other suspect mentioned, and no vote is gonna kill instantly anyone? Now THAT'S a strange play.

c) Please refer to me as Col.Cathart or other more common abbreviations like CC, Col.C, Cathart, Colonel etc. instead of this abomination you just used :P
Hoopla wrote:What goes in to everyone's decisions when they decide on their Day 1 lynch candidate?
Depends from game to game. Since we don't have any flips to work on with, usually that's either suspicious behavior (active lurking, over carefulness, sheeping) and possible scum-slips in player's posts.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Normally I don't buy a whole lot into "slips", but it's early Day 1 and I like Cathart's reasoning here.
Unvote
Vote: The Tracker
; let's see where this takes us.

As for your question Hoopla: I usually try not to think of people as "lynch targets" or "not lynch targets" on Day 1 until a degree of time has been spent outside of the RVS. The most common tells in my experience that lead me towards one or the other for each person are things like overreactions, rolefishing and buddying. Gut also plays a large role sometimes.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Mislynch was the wrong word. I merely meant lynch. It was an RVS vote, nothing more. Calm down.

Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

First impressions are very important. Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Hoopla »

Cathart, Cyberbob; what do you think about utility lynches on Day 1? For example, we give player X a 35% chance of being scum for whatever reasons, and we give player Y a 30% chance of being scum.

X is generally active, and has a known reputation of catching scum.
Y is occasionally lurky and has a poor ability to analyse players and the game state.

Is it right to lynch Y in this situation? What if the gap was wider than 5%? Or should we be lynching whoever we collectively deem as the scummiest?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Mindgamer wrote:Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
Thanks for this post, it may prove useful down the line.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla wrote:Cathart, Cyberbob; what do you think about utility lynches on Day 1? For example, we give player X a 35% chance of being scum for whatever reasons, and we give player Y a 30% chance of being scum.

X is generally active, and has a known reputation of catching scum.
Y is occasionally lurky and has a poor ability to analyse players and the game state.

Is it right to lynch Y in this situation? What if the gap was wider than 5%? Or should we be lynching whoever we collectively deem as the scummiest?
I'd lynch Y over X, I really find it hard to enjoy playing with people that are bad at the game - not only do they fail to recognise legitimate cases, but they're distracting and are often the most aggressively defensive of their playstyles (which is also a distraction).

So yeah, I agree with utility lynches.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote; what is the most effective scumtell/towntell you've discovered in your time at mafiascum?

cruelty; is it okay to skim wall of text posts?

Nachomamma; do you know what the Saudi Gazette is?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 32 wrote:What goes in to everyone's decisions when they decide on their Day 1 lynch candidate?
I'm always looking for things that are off, but during the first day I am generally open to policy lynches and lynching players who are accepted as anti-town rather than necessarily scummy.

---
angel 33 wrote:surely it was a joke. We're only on page two, game barely started and with 12 players it's hardly a lynch situation.

Jumping the gun a bit and voting on it?? Strange play

fos, cot.cathartic
This seems... off. This seems borderline defensive of The Tracker rather than just a general disagreement.

Like, I would've thought nothing of this post if it was just the first two sentences, but the last part of the post sticks out to me. It's one thing for angel and the Colonel have completely different early game philosophies, but to speak for The Tracker like angel is doing here could point to treesaw defending or possibly buddying?

angel, if not for something he suspects, what else would you rather the Colonel vote on?

---
Tracker 37 wrote:Mislynch was the wrong word. I merely meant lynch. It was an RVS vote, nothing more. Calm down.
This sounds defensive, too. Maybe The Tracker is just beating his chest a little bit, but I don't know if he's in the position to do so. That said, forcefulness != scuminess.

---
Mindgamer 38 wrote:Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
This is unabashedly defensive and definitely dismissal. What behavior is more worth discussing than this? Back up your claim.

---
Hoopla 42 wrote:RedCoyote; what is the most effective scumtell/towntell you've discovered in your time at mafiascum?
If I can find them, I try to look for unlikely, illogical instances and circumstances. People voting someone out of the blue when they've had nothing to say about them, people on lynches when, after the fact, everyone else surrounding them on the lynch comes up town, double speak, etc.

Aggressiveness, rightfully or not, usually looks townie to me. As long as the player isn't being irrational or illogical when doing it like I mentioned above.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Cyberbob wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
Thanks for this post, it may prove useful down the line.
You're welcome.
Mindgamer 38 wrote:Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
This is unabashedly defensive and definitely dismissal. What behavior is more worth discussing than this? Back up your claim. [/quote]

Defensive? I'm simply stating that discussing a possible hidden message in a joke in RVS is a waste of effort. What else is more worth discussion? Well, about everything else I'd say. Please tell me why you think a joke, in particular one in RVS, can be a strong scumtell.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 am

Post by The Tracker »

Calling it a joke or whatever is wrong. I made a mistake, that's all there is to it. I'm not going to hide from it. I used the wrong word, and that's it.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

RedCoyote 43 wrote:but to speak for The Tracker like angel is doing here could point to
treesaw defending
or possibly buddying?
Great typo or greatest typo?
mindgamer 44 wrote:Please tell me why you think a joke, in particular one in RVS, can be a strong scumtell.
Scumslips in the RVS do happen; things like that are why we have the RVS. That being said, I'm not too inclined to think of this as a scumslip. After all, a quicklynch would be mistaken this early in the game, so I suppose you could call it a 'mislynch' even without knowing that I'm going to flip town. I'm not going to suspect tracker of being scum because I think he KNOWS I'm going to flip town, just based off of that one comment.

However:
Tracker 45 wrote:Calling it a joke or whatever is wrong.
Are you implying that you are serious in thinking mindgamer is 'obvscum'?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 am

Post by The Tracker »

Okay, calling the word 'mislynch' a joke is wrong. Seriously? You'd have to be pretty foolish to think an RVS vote is anything but a joke. Or maybe you're scum trying to see if I crack under pressure to drive a nice and easy mislynch?

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:24 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

What? I was just asking for clarification because your 'not a joke' comment seemed to imply you had cast a non-random vote. Not every request for clarification is "pressure for your mislynch", and if you're going to interpret them as such this is going to be a long game.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 am

Post by The Tracker »

*Shrugs* Fair enough, I suppose. Bandwagoning isn't a scumtell. The vote itself was a joke, the word usage was a mistake.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”