hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, I think a lot of people here are normally heavy posters but it's hard to be one when none of our initial leads seemed to stick and we're more or less back at square one.

You know what would get some activity back in to this game? A quagmire wagon.

Let's make this happen, guys and gals. :D
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Why are you so intent on Quagmire? Or was it a joke?
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Quagmire »

angelmouse wrote:surely you have some sort of comment even if it's not scum tells, even a flavour for the game? Saying nothing is hardly helpful.
No, there really isn't anything worth commenting on. Not enough information is out there yet in order to have any inkling towards a good lynch candidate.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I agree. That's why I'm keeping my random vote for now
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

The Tracker wrote:Why are you so intent on Quagmire? Or was it a joke?
I just want to get a wagon going. I picked Quagmire because he dropped in twice (and a third time in between these posts) to say 'Hey, I have nothing to say.' (Though especially after his latest post one could do say the same about Flare.)

Really I'm up for just about anyone, but if no one is going to give a better target (as appears to be the case!) I'm keeping my vote on Quagmire and encourage you all to do the same.

Come on, don't you want to give him something worth commenting on? ;)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Flareonage »

So you're saying I should begin suspecting people just because someone else said they are suspicious? When I find someone suspicious I'll say so. I'm not gonna just listen to others because they might be scum trying to convince me to follow them
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

You are more than welcome to suspect someone else. But this game is hitting severe doldrums, and it's because everyone's waiting for something to happen and no one is making something happen. If you don't want to join the quagmire wagon, start your own, but don't just sit and wait for something to happen because we have a game full of that right now and this wad of nothing is the result.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Good point but I'm not gonna go attack someone cuz then someone will attack me for attacking someone
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

So you're saying that you're not going to join the quagmire wagon, or start a wagon? So you're just going to sit here and do nothing...?
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I'll do something. There's just nothing to do right now. I can't join the quagmire wagon because I'll be a hypocrite and I technically started the tracker one
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

angel 72 wrote:I'm not what you would class as a heavy poster, but I do dislike a game slowing down and discussion dying as it allows time to pass till the deadline. I have little to nothing to say since my last post though.
It was more an observation that a criticism. I'm not a heavy poster either, I just don't think I've ever been in a game where the page count wasn't, like, ten by now.

---
Mindgamer 74 wrote:That's what you should do if you want to start a serious discussion, not attacking a RVS joke.
That's a fair answer. I disagree with you, you know, technically, because I don't think you necessarily have to have a defined moment where it's like, "Okay everyone, we are now officially out of the RVS". Goofing around is what pre-game and post-game is for, imo.

---
hito 75 wrote:Yeah, I think a lot of people here are normally heavy posters but it's hard to be one when none of our initial leads seemed to stick and we're more or less back at square one.
Well, you can speak for yourself there. I think I got some good stuff off of multiple people, and I'm anxious to see how it pans out as the game unfolds.

But, again, the heavy poster thing wasn't a criticism. It's just a little unusual. You and Hoopla are the only two here that I've played together with so far, and although I know both me and you aren't particularly post heavy (based on the little meta I have of you), Hoopla seems a little quiet (based on the little meta I have of her).

---
Flare 80 wrote:So you're saying I should begin suspecting people just because someone else said they are suspicious?
I don't see how you got that. hito seems to be saying, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that Quagmire is a good wagon because of his stubborn lack of contribution, despite posting three times.
Flare 82 wrote:Good point but I'm not gonna go attack someone cuz then someone will attack me for attacking someone
This sounds way too self-interested to me. In other words, "I don't want to give my opinion in case someone attacks me for it. I'll just let the other people in the game dictate my presence."
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (4)
Flareonage, Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker
Quagmire (1)
hitogoroshi
Hoopla (1)
cruelty

Not Voting (4)
RedCoyote, Hoopla, angelmouse, Quagmire

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I've been debating with myself over this, and initially wasn't going to claim, but I've decided the safer option is to. I am a miller.

I'll explain my reasoning behind my decision later, when I finish work.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 am

Post by The Tracker »

I had the same thought as Red reading Flareonage's post. The way it seems to me is that getting attacked for making a case is all a part of the game.

I'm very interested to hear Hoopla's reasoning, though...very interested indeed.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Flareonage »

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I know its a part of the game but it gets frustrating once in awhile.

And the reasoning for the Quagmire wagon also applies to me
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Flareonage »

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I know its a part of the game but it gets frustrating once in awhile.

And the reasoning for the Quagmire wagon also applies to me
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Tracker wrote: I'm very interested to hear Hoopla's reasoning, though...very interested indeed.
Why? Do you not agree with the decision she's made?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
The Tracker wrote: I'm very interested to hear Hoopla's reasoning, though...very interested indeed.
Why? Do you not agree with the decision she's made?
Not completely. Sure, I know Millers might want to claim early on to try and avoid the whole flipping guilty off of investigation thing, but there was really no pressure on her right now. *Shrugs* I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I tend to be wary of early claims.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Tracker wrote: Not completely. Sure, I know Millers might want to claim early on to try and avoid the whole flipping guilty off of investigation thing, but there was really no pressure on her right now. *Shrugs* I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I tend to be wary of early claims.
Do you think that she should've waited until she was under some pressure?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Not necessarily. Just not an unpressured claim so soon after the game started. It's a very strange play to claim this early without someone trying to get you lynched.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

RC [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2061599#2061599]85[/url] wrote: hito seems to be saying, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that Quagmire is a good wagon because of his stubborn lack of contribution, despite posting three times.
Nailed it. There are quite a few others who I'd be almost as happy wagoning, but Quagmire rose to the top of the pack when it was my pick.

The fact I am currently alone voting quagmire depresses me to no end. It seems like you understand why I voted Quagmire, RC, so why aren't you joining me? :(

And as for Hoopla, I also normally dislike early claims but Miller is an exception. Millers generally don't know they're millers, mostly for this exact situation coming up when they do. While I'm also keen to hear her thought process if you just think about it for a second it's harder to think of good reasons NOT to claim miller if you know you are one.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Personally, claiming a Miller though could just be a scum tactic to confuse Town. If scum claims Miller D1, it doesn't matter if it's true or not because they'll just flip guilty off an investigation either way. It depends on whether or not it's believed. I'm hoping it's not a scum gambit, personally, but if it is I'm sure there'll be a trail leading to the fakeclaim (if this is indeed a fakeclaim) sooner or later.

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Flareonage »

According to the Wiki a player that is a Miller is not told they are a Miller to prevent a D1 claim.

Unvote

VOTE: Hoopla

Going by that logic Hoopla should not know she is a miller if she is one
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Wikia wrote:
Sometimes
an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role.
Sometimes, as in not always.[/i][/quote]

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

As the mod wrote in the rules: never try to outguess the mod. Doesn't end well.

Could it be a scum fakeclaim? Absolutely, but here's the catch - millers, unlike most PR claims, have no powers beyond that of a VT. As such, unlike most fakeclaims, we're not hanging a whole lot on it. When someone claims cop, we have to decide on them because
we also need to decide on their results.
That's not the case here. If you think Hoopla is scum later, vote her. If you think she's town, don't. In essence, you can feel free to treat Hoopla exactly as you would a normal townie, with the sole exception that she doesn't have the possibility of being a useful PR. Her claim amounts to, in essence, "If we have a cop, you're wasting your time investigating me."

It also does have the effect that it makes her less likely to be NK'd if she's town, because the scum will know she can't possibly be a PR. But in my last game with her she was very pro-town and ended up getting NK'd n1, so I'm not too depressed with how this ended up. I'm inclined to treat this as a fairly good town tell, because she's taking a strong tool out of the scumbox (fakeclaiming) in exchange for what would be an incredibly small benefit (making the Miller claim seem more legit if a cop investigated scum-Hoopla.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”