Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Rumble XV - Cartoon Cartoon Showdown!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Zeofar »

The day of reckoning is upon us. An ultimatum has been set - Prove your worth, or all your people will suffer. And to the victor go the spoils. Unlimited power, endless knowledge, the strength to control everything: Godhood. It is time to take up arms and defend your land against relentless waves of attackers. The moment has come, and the fates of all will be determined by...
a wacky cartoon brawl!

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but we will see what happens.
This will be a Rumble game with a cartoon theme. Heroes are characters, and, well, just about everything else is the same. Suggest cartoon-themed powers, and prove for once and for all that Courage the Cowardly Dog could kick a gundam's behind. Bask in nostalgia, or play as that new robo-chick thing from your favorite anime. Strictly speaking, powers should be linked to some sort of (fairly)well-known animation, although things that you might have seen in a Saturday-morning lineup are preferred. Truth be told, your character may end up with an odd assortment of powers ( Who has laser eyes
and
angel wings?), but you can figure it out. Perhaps powers were absorbed from enemies in past battles.

Now, for the uninitiated, Rumble is a Superheroic brawling game that can be adapted to any genre (Call it a "fighting system" or a "combat simulation model" if you will). For basic rules, you have 100 energy for attack and defense and you shall pm me each round with your actions. Defense attempts to negate the sum of all attacks against you, and you shall lose energy equal to the difference of the attacks over your defense each round. The full rules can be read here.
Commands for each round have 96 hours to be submitted (That makes four days if you don't know the maths). If you don't submit anything, then it will be assumed that you're balled up on the ground in the fetal position, crying like a little baby, and all your energy will be spent on defense (Regardless of whether or not you have a superior defensive power).

Now, a few guidelines:
1. Feel free to /in in the thread, but I would
very
much like for everyone to also pm me an /in along with their power suggestions
as they sign up
. This proves you understand the game, are willing to put some effort into it, and ensures that I don't miss anyone. I consider this the official sign up, and if you don't send me your powers within 48 hours after sign-ups end without a notice, you're out of the game.

2. You may send in as many powers as you like, but I'll choose only two from the ones each person sends me to include in the game, based on whichever ones are the best, the most fun, or just tickle my fancy.

3. After sign ups have ended, the bidding round begins. It will last for one week after sign ups, or until I get bids from everyone. You can bid a maximum of 100 energy, and you permanently lose the energy that you spent of powers which you won (If you bid 50 energy and win nothing, you start with 100 energy. If you bid 20 energy on a power and win it, you permanently lose 20 energy and have starting energy of 80.)

About flavor: After bidding ends, you choose the name for your character. Send this in as soon as you like, along with any biography/background you feel is necessary or good. I'll write a small flavor bit regarding the events of each round.

About sign ups: Sign ups will end a week from the posting of this message (Tuesday, January 19 - Tuesday, January 26). If, at that point, there are less than 6 players, the game will begin when 6 players join. If 6 people do not join within some period of time, the game may be canceled due to lack of interest.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. I'll add anything as necessary.
Lets Rumble!
Bidding Deadline - Tuesday, February 16!

Powers

[mrow]Power[col]Function Sniper[col]Add 100 to one of your attacks. Next turn, your defense is reduced to zero. Use this power once per turn. Power Swap[col] At any time, you may swap this power for any other in the game. This power may only be used once in the course of the game. Voodoo Curse[col]Burn X: Raise the number at which your opponent dies by X. Use once per round. X may not be less than this Power's Power Strength. Psy Power Replication[col]Bidding on this Power occurs before all other Powers. Choose a Power from the auction; no one bids on it, and everyone but you gets a copy. Mind Read[col] You may allocate your energy after everyone else's allocations have been revealed. Hide[col] Burn 10: All attacks against you are reduced to 0. Healing Potion[col]You have one Healing Potion. At any time, you may drink it, to gain 150 energy, that dissapears as you use it. After using the potion, you throw it on the ground, because there is no Potion left. Burly[col]You start the game with 30 extra energy. Instant Kill[col] Apply this to an attack of 30 energy or less. If any of the damage resolves, the target is removed from the game. If all of the damage is blocked, burn half of your remaining energy. Use this power only during the allocation phase. Bananna Peel[col]Burn 10 and choose an opponent: Your target is counted as if he did not allocate any energy to attack or defend, regardless of whether or not he did. This power may be used only twice. Anvil[col] Spend 20 and choose an opponent: Your target suffers an attack of 40. This power may only be used a maximum of two times per round. Plug the Barrel[col] Spend this Power's Strength and select a player. Any powers that they use against you this round will have no effect, and be destroyed permanently. Drop the Anvil[col] Spend this Power's Strength. Deal 75 damage to one target. Can only be used once. Feint[col] Choose an opponent: He may not take any action next turn. Use this once per round. Glue[col]Burn 1: From this moment, all defenses are halved for the rest of the game, for all players. Use this power only once. Make-up[col] Spend 10 energy: You get to pick one of the attacks on you, and startle the attacker with appearing to him as a girl! The attack will fail. Hammerspace Mallet[col]
What the... Where did you get that gigantic thing from?! Behold, the Hammerspace Mallet, capable of being pulled out of your ass at a moment's notice!
The Winner of this Power is not revealed and neither are the bids for it. The Winner does not lose Energy equal to their bid... Not until they use the Hammerspace Mallet, anyway. You can pull the Hammerspace Mallet out of your ass (and losing Energy equal to your bid) in addition to your regular orders in any round. When you do, your attacks for that round and all later ones are tripled, but you cannot defend after this power is revealed. BANG! Gun[col]BANG! Burn 10 and pick your victim: they'll suffer a heart attack as you pull the trigger on them, dealing damage to them equal to all the damage that they have inflicted so far. The Endless Chase[col]FLAW: This Power goes to the lowest bidder(s) and cannot be discarded. When you win this power, nominate another character. You must match every attack you make against another opponent with an attack on this character. All of your attacks against this character have a 1% of hitting him and being defended against. There is a 5% chance that each of your attacks against this character will be redirected back at you. Hare Hare Yukai[col]Burn x points and target a player: That player will be forced to follow your allocations, Attacks and Defends for the next x/10 turns. In addition, they will be forced to burn x/5 points. If they have more points than you, they will be free to spend points how they wish after points are allocated to match your allocations. SOS Brigade[col] On acquisition of this power, you gain 4 sidekicks named Mikuru Asahina, Itsuki Koizumi, Yuki Nagato and Kyon. The sidekicks do not have individual point banks, but rather the SOS Brigade has one collective point bank totaling 100 points. If these points are fully depleted, all 4 members will be removed from the game. You may control these members individually as you would control yourself, however all of their actions must equate to 100 points. Each member has a power, as listed below: Kyon - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya - Burn the ability to attack as Kyon. Immediately and irreversibly remove one player from the game. This is, in effect, a kill. Yuki - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Burn the ability to attack as Yuki. Remove the owner of this power from the game. They may still attack, but they cannot be targeted. Any attacks and powers they use will come from 'nowhere'. This lasts until they have inflicted 150 points of damage or 3 rounds have elapsed, whichever comes first. Itsuki - Lone Island Syndrome - Burn the ability to attack as Itsuki. Any deaths that occur within the next two rounds are reversed as if the attack or power that caused it never happened. The sole exception is an attack caused by Haruhi, Kyon or Yuki. Mikuru - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - Burn the ability to attack as Mikuru. All moves made the same turn as this power is activated are delayed by 3 turns, with the exception of Mikuru's attacks.
Last edited by Zeofar on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Cybele »

/in.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Cobalt »

/in
hatersgonnahate.gif
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by bird1111 »

/in
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by joe478 »

/in
[Insert something smart or funny here]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:52 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

/in
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Mordecai
Mordecai
Watcher
Mordecai
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Mordecai »

/in.
[size=75][i][color=blue]I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.[/color][/i][/size]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 am

Post by mykonian »

someone went to the graves, to dig his alt up...

some people can better stay dead. Lets help you.

/in.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Mordecai
Mordecai
Watcher
Mordecai
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Mordecai »

Aww. Way to say 'Hi', Andrew. And I wasn't the one who was dead! :D

S'not like people don't know who this is... I like this account, anyway.
Is also great
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:29 am

Post by mykonian »

Yeah, I remembered that too. But I don't remember who you are.

and you better don't bring up how I ended. It still hurts, hurts deep inside. Tell me, will it ever stop?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Cybele »

Never.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

Post by mykonian »

Cybele wrote:Never.
Then fear me. Cause it is making me mad. Constantly, screaming in the back of my head. When I sleep, when I read, when I walk, when I eat. It is always there. The pain. As a hole in my stomach, a needle in my brain.

Why?
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 am

Post by chenhsi »

I remember where you are from, but I'm too lazy to look up who you actually am.

Also, /in, but I'm going to procrastinate in sending in abilities.
I lost the game.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Cybele »

I find it amusing that no one seems to know who Mordecai is. Of course, his operator has been reclusive as of late.
Mordecai
Mordecai
Watcher
Mordecai
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Mordecai »

'Tis been a while, hasn't it? You're not the only one amused, Josephine.

And I've already sent my powers in, unlike Takin. I think they fit in with the theme quite well.
Is also great
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by mykonian »

I must say that I have never realized, although I could have known. I guess I'm not so good at looking into the past.
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Haruhi Suzumiya »

Hi guys! I'm ready to have lots of fun! So get ready!
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Cybele »

ImageSo,eh, what's up, Docs?
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:28 pm

So, when does this start? I'm getting bored!
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:40 am

Post by chenhsi »

Zeofar wrote:About sign ups: Sign ups will end a week from the posting of this message (Tuesday, January 19 - Tuesday, January 26).
I lost the game.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:56 am

Post by malthusis »

/in
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Zeofar »

Okay, signups are closed, waiting on malthusis's, Chenhsi's, and Joe 478's powers until Thursday before we start bidding.

So far, it looks like we are on our way to a nice, fun, game of Rumble.
There is only one thing that I'd like to mention, though: powers with hidden abilities. A couple people have sent them to me, and, though I'm a bit concerned that the creators have a bit of an edge against other players in bidding, I'm going to let them stay. I'm considering banning them from future games, though, because of the possibilities of abuse and whatnot. All in all, I think it is at least fair to warn people that it is possible for hidden abilities to exist, and that what you bid on
may
not be what you get. Buyer beware.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

Post by mykonian »

spinach: your attacks gain 2x strenght.

(hidden note: you forgot your can opener!)
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 am

Finally!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Social Game Archive”