Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Cybele »

mykonian wrote:spinach: your attacks gain 2x strenght.

(hidden note: you forgot your can opener!)
Since when has Popeye ever used a can opener?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:27 am

Post by mykonian »

Cybele wrote:
mykonian wrote:spinach: your attacks gain 2x strenght.

(hidden note: you forgot your can opener!)
Since when has Popeye ever used a can opener?
HE didn't. Bugs Bunny would have used a can opener.

But that is not the point. The point is that it is sort of unfair since every player but the player who sent such a power won't know what they are bidding on. I would so be sending this power if I had known it was allowed, just to screw with the rest.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yeah, I'm against powers that aren't what they sayt hey are too. It's unfair to whomever uses it. It could be a "die instantly" but we don't know that!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am

Post by chenhsi »

I agree with the others. Maybe note that the powers have some hidden power to them, but don't say what they are?

In addition, you could have the submitters of each power bid first, and everyone else can see what they bid, to decide whether they should bid on it or not.
I lost the game.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yeah. I'm willing to send in another PM to send in a bid for my powers.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Cobalt »

animorpherv1 wrote:Yeah. I'm willing to send in another PM to send in a bid for my powers.
Nice try. All bids will be public.
hatersgonnahate.gif
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

missed that.

Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Zeofar »

Hmm. You guys seem unhappy with those powers, so, I may just remove them then.
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Haruhi Suzumiya
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Haruhi Suzumiya »

What? Why are you removing all the fun! It would be so mysterious if the hidden powers stayed! Over~
Clank
Clank
Townie
Clank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Clank »

Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:What? Why are you removing all the fun! It would be so mysterious if the hidden powers stayed! Over~
You won't say that if you die due to hidden power that self implodes you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:04 am

Post by mykonian »

Boomerang + 50 attack

(it comes back, hitting you)

and I'm too lazy now, but all equipment with inspiration from Wile e coyote.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Drench »

Clank wrote:
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:What? Why are you removing all the fun! It would be so mysterious if the hidden powers stayed! Over~
You won't say that if you die due to hidden power that self implodes you.
A power that kills you is hardly balanced. And besides, it could be avoided by simply not bidding on a power that has hidden material, which would be possible if the hidden powers are just marked.

Also, I'm playing. Should've mentioned that.
join your union
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

OP wrote: 2. You may send in as many powers as you like, but I'll choose only two from the ones each person sends me to include in the game, based on whichever ones are the best, the most fun, or just tickle my fancy.
Tell me where it says it has to be balanced.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

oh, and can we start please? People that take over a week to get in 2 powers seriously need to think harder.

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Drench »

animorpherv1 wrote:
OP wrote: 2. You may send in as many powers as you like, but I'll choose only two from the ones each person sends me to include in the game, based on whichever ones are the best, the most fun, or just tickle my fancy.
Tell me where it says it has to be balanced.
srsly ani, were you not listening when i said 'identify the hidden powers'
join your union
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

But, the thing is that
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE POWERS ARE!
Sure, they'l be marked, but someone will still bid on it, and either get something way overpoerwered or way underpowered. Neither of which are fair.

Note: Cybele and Drench sent in Powers that have hidden powers.
DO NOT BID FOR

Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Cybele »

I didn't send in hidden powers. Mine are actually quite straight-forward. I can also attest that none of Drench's are going to hurt the player that bids on them.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Cybele »

Can this move forward?
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Zeofar »

Sorry, we aren't waiting on powers, I got screwed up and I couldn't get on the internet until yesterday. I'm an idiot. I'll post all the powers later today for bidding. There will not be an interruption like this again.
My final decision is to use non-hidden powers because all the people who sent ones like that in gave alternatives of some sort. I liked them too, guys, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a bad idea.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Cybele »

Oooo, I'm a-twitter.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Drench »

Zeofar wrote:Sorry, we aren't waiting on powers, I got screwed up and I couldn't get on the internet until yesterday. I'm an idiot. I'll post all the powers later today for bidding. There will not be an interruption like this again.
My final decision is to use non-hidden powers because all the people who sent ones like that in gave alternatives of some sort. I liked them too, guys, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a bad idea.
/out

What the hell is wrong with MARKING THEM?
join your union
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Well, Drench, sorry you feel that strongly about the powers. To be fair, you did send in three powers, and I said that I would choose whichever I liked.
The problem with marking them? It still gives the creator an advantage far beyond what should be acceptable, which is something I've decided at this point. While none of the hidden powers were truly unbalanced (At least, in comparison to the levels of game-ruining shenanigans they could do), they may create frustration for some and will, in all likelihood, just piss many people off. They have zero risk for the creator (Unless he is trying to get a secretly amazing power for cheap) but cause many troubles for everyone else. If you think about it, it would be necessary to have a hidden power simply to be competitive. This forces conformity and ruins variety, and makes the bidding round far too complicated, troublesome, and important for the good of the game. While the hidden powers are creative and add some WIFOM fun to the game, they add a bit too much WIFOM trouble for something that isn't technically possible in a real game of Rumble. Frankly, the possibility of powers with hidden abilities is something that needs to be put out from the start of a game for it to really be fair, because the emphasis of the game is really very changed. Besides, if you take the principle on which allowing them is based (powers always supersede the rules, which is, actually, a rule of the game), there is far more you can do with that than hidden abilities, and it is against the true spirit and intent of the game. In conclusion, while they are actually quite a novel idea, they just don't work well enough in the final analysis. If you still want to say something about it, pm me, but hidden abilities aren't making the cut this game.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Okay, the bidding round starts now, to end
Tuesday, February 16
, or whenever everyone has sent in their bids. We have 10 players, with 21 powers total.
Send your bids to me in pms.
Remember, you cannot bid more than 100 energy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I have tried to clean up unclear/oddly arranged powers a bit without changing them, but if I have damaged the intended function of your ability, say something ASAP. If I have somehow missed someone's powers, please tell me. In addition, I have added a single power for variety and fun.

Powers

[mrow]Power[col]Function Sniper[col]Add 100 to one of your attacks. Next turn, your defense is reduced to zero. Use this power once per turn. Power Swap[col] At any time, you may swap this power for any other in the game. This power may only be used once in the course of the game. Voodoo Curse[col]Burn X: Raise the number at which your opponent dies by X. Use once per round. X may not be less than this Power's Power Strength. Psy Power Replication[col]Bidding on this Power occurs before all other Powers. Choose a Power from the auction; no one bids on it, and everyone but you gets a copy. Mind Read[col] You may allocate your energy after everyone else's allocations have been revealed. Hide[col] Burn 10: All attacks against you are reduced to 0. Healing Potion[col]You have one Healing Potion. At any time, you may drink it, to gain 150 energy, that dissapears as you use it. After using the potion, you throw it on the ground, because there is no Potion left. Burly[col]You start the game with 30 extra energy. Instant Kill[col] Apply this to an attack of 30 energy or less. If any of the damage resolves, the target is removed from the game. If all of the damage is blocked, burn half of your remaining energy. Use this power only during the allocation phase. Bananna Peel[col]Burn 10 and choose an opponent: Your target is counted as if he did not allocate any energy to attack or defend, regardless of whether or not he did. This power may be used only twice. Anvil[col] Spend 20 and choose an opponent: Your target suffers an attack of 40. This power may only be used a maximum of two times per round. Plug the Barrel[col] Spend this Power's Strength and select a player. Any powers that they use against you this round will have no effect, and be destroyed permanently. Drop the Anvil[col] Spend this Power's Strength. Deal 75 damage to one target. Can only be used once. Feint[col] Choose an opponent: He may not take any action next turn. Use this once per round. Glue[col]Burn 1: From this moment, all defenses are halved for the rest of the game, for all players. Use this power only once. Make-up[col] Spend 10 energy: You get to pick one of the attacks on you, and startle the attacker with appearing to him as a girl! The attack will fail. Hammerspace Mallet[col]
What the... Where did you get that gigantic thing from?! Behold, the Hammerspace Mallet, capable of being pulled out of your ass at a moment's notice!
The Winner of this Power is not revealed and neither are the bids for it. The Winner does not lose Energy equal to their bid... Not until they use the Hammerspace Mallet, anyway. You can pull the Hammerspace Mallet out of your ass (and losing Energy equal to your bid) in addition to your regular orders in any round. When you do, your attacks for that round and all later ones are tripled, but you cannot defend after this power is revealed. BANG! Gun[col]BANG! Burn 10 and pick your victim: they'll suffer a heart attack as you pull the trigger on them, dealing damage to them equal to all the damage that they have inflicted so far. The Endless Chase[col]FLAW: This Power goes to the lowest bidder(s) and cannot be discarded. When you win this power, nominate another character. You must match every attack you make against another opponent with an attack on this character. All of your attacks against this character have a 1% of hitting him and being defended against. There is a 5% chance that each of your attacks against this character will be redirected back at you. Hare Hare Yukai[col]Burn x points and target a player: That player will be forced to follow your allocations, Attacks and Defends for the next x/10 turns. In addition, they will be forced to burn x/5 points. If they have more points than you, they will be free to spend points how they wish after points are allocated to match your allocations. SOS Brigade[col] On acquisition of this power, you gain 4 sidekicks named Mikuru Asahina, Itsuki Koizumi, Yuki Nagato and Kyon. The sidekicks do not have individual point banks, but rather the SOS Brigade has one collective point bank totaling 100 points. If these points are fully depleted, all 4 members will be removed from the game. You may control these members individually as you would control yourself, however all of their actions must equate to 100 points. Each member has a power, as listed below: Kyon - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya - Burn the ability to attack as Kyon. Immediately and irreversibly remove one player from the game. This is, in effect, a kill. Yuki - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Burn the ability to attack as Yuki. Remove the owner of this power from the game. They may still attack, but they cannot be targeted. Any attacks and powers they use will come from 'nowhere'. This lasts until they have inflicted 150 points of damage or 3 rounds have elapsed, whichever comes first. Itsuki - Lone Island Syndrome - Burn the ability to attack as Itsuki. Any deaths that occur within the next two rounds are reversed as if the attack or power that caused it never happened. The sole exception is an attack caused by Haruhi, Kyon or Yuki. Mikuru - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - Burn the ability to attack as Mikuru. All moves made the same turn as this power is activated are delayed by 3 turns, with the exception of Mikuru's attacks.

Clarification: The energy gained from Healing Potion is added to your energy total. Whenever you burn or spend this energy, you lose it forever as if burnt, but it does not count as burning unless it was actually burnt. You may choose whether or not you are using the energy created by Healing Potion during your allocations, and whether or not damage you take is subtracted from energy created by Healing Potion.

Clarification: The "burning" referred to in SOS Brigade is the same as "discarding" or "destroying" the power; it doesn't exist anymore.

Clarification: This is what it means for the sidekicks of SOS Brigade to have a single point bank: They attack and defend individually from their energy, but the damage dealt to one reduces the total energy spendable by all of them.
Last edited by Zeofar on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by Drench »

meh

/rein :P

if i set my power with the hidden stuff to full unhidden can you include it, if i am allowed back in at all
join your union
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Zeofar »

Well, fair enough. I've only got one so far bid, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

Return to “Social Game Archive”