Newbie 913 - GAME OVER

Jahudo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:31 am

There once was a town with two scum
Who agreed to lynch a girl named Plum
It turned out her role was vanilla,
Just like the previous girl, Zilla
So they settled on the real scum: hohum.

Game: Newbie 913

Alive:
    • The Rufflig rep. RayFrost who rep. Burningled
    • Mr. Chaos
    • kunkstar7 (SE)
    • Papa Zito (IC) rep. BridgesAndBaloons who rep. fuzzylightning
Dead:
    • Robocopter87 rep. MileyCyrus - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
    • sirdanilot rep. nopointinactingup - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
    • Yuen rep. zyrek - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2
    • Regfan rep. DeviGypsy - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
    • startransmission (SE) - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3

The Inexperience Challenged (IC) players are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.
The Semi-experienced (SE) players have a level of experience somewhere between a newbie and an IC.
Last edited by Jahudo on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:18 am, edited 15 times in total.

Jahudo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:31 am

The Rules: (as foretold by the stars)

(Etiquette) This is a game so have fun and play to win. Don't let things get personal and try to watch the language.

(Deadlines) This game has fixed 3-week deadlines per game day! Extensions are allowed only in extreme circumstances, and would be no longer than 1 week in length.

(No post editing) Don't edit/delete posts. You shouldn’t be able to anyway. Use the "Preview" button to look over your post before you submit it.

(No illegal game-breaking) Don't quote any PMs from the Moderator during the game, real or fake. Paraphrasing for role claims are acceptable.

NEW RULE: The use of encrypted, invisible, tiny or otherwise hidden text is forbidden in this game. Those caught in violation of the rule will be modkilled and lose the game.

If you are unsure whether your post will violate this rule, please PM me first.

(Outside Talk) Do not talk with other game players about this game outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically allows it.

(Night) During Night, players with role abilities may send a target choice for their ability/abilities by PM’ing the Mod, or choose to send in a “No Target” PM. Choices are due by the posted deadline or they will not count.

(Voting) During Day you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form Vote: Player or they will not be counted. It is helpful to "Unvote;" when switching your vote to a different player, but this is not required. Votes formatted correctly, but using a player’s nickname or abbreviation, will count.

(Lynching) Whenever a player has a majority in votes that player will be lynched, his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin. Once a player has reached a majority, Twilight will begin. No votes or unvotes will be registered, although talking may continue until the thread is locked. You may also decide to Vote: No Lynch and a majority of No Lynch votes will end the Day without a death.

If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.

(Bah post) If you are killed, you are allowed 1 unrevealing “bah” post the next day. After that, you may not talk until the game is over.

(Prodding) I will prod inactive players as I see fit. You may request a prod on someone if they do not post in 72 hours. If a prodded player does not open the prod PM within an additional 72 hours he or she may be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If I have to prod a player 3 times during the game, I may replace them.

(V/LA) Treat this game as a commitment. If you expect to be unable to post in the game for 72+ hours, please send me a PM or state your V/LA in thread.
Last edited by Jahudo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jahudo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 am

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies

If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia Goon:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
* You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
* Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
* You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Townie:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
* Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
* At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Cop:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
* The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
* In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Doctor:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
* If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
* You may not protect yourself.
* In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).

Jahudo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 am

Everyone but DeviGypsy has /confirmed, so I'll go ahead and open up the thread now and get a replacement for her if she doesn't show up by tomorrow afternoon (72 hours from PM sendout).

It is now Day 1. With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes for a lynch.
Today's Deadline is the end of Sunday, March 7

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:46 am

Vote: MileyCyrus. Obvscum.
Welcome to the Network.

nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi everyone (=

kunkstar7 wrote:Vote: MileyCyrus. Obvscum.

No offense, but don't you think voting randomly when no one has even spoken yet is too premature for an SE status player like you? I believe it's best we all have rational explanation for our votings rather than relying on pure chance, even on the first round. A wrong decision in a match like this, after all, can mean the death of one or two innocent. I don't know about other players but I'd prefer to take this seriously (=.
Justice will prevail
\m/

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm

See, that's the whole trickiness of it *wink*

Most games begin in what is known as the Random Voting Stage, otherwise abbreviated as RVS. There is a widespread debate regarding the merits and benefits of the RVS, how we can get rid of it, what should we do instead, but no matter what, someone always random votes in the beginning. I am of the belief that random votes are designed to provide something to begin discussion off of.

Someone has to start the game right? With absolutely nothing to go off of as my post was first post, I found a decent reason to vote someone, regardless whether the reason is actually scumworthy or not, and this provides future posts with something to discuss, argue, and so on. So I in effect, with my random vote, achieved my goal of providing something to begin discussion.
Welcome to the Network.

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Oh sweet.

RVS - Vote: kunkstar7 for having a suspicious victory/loss ratio as scum.[/b]
Show

startransmission
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Vote: MileyCyrus for being jailbait.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

startransmission
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh crap, Kunkstar beat me to it.

Unvote, Vote: fuzzylightning

Mr. Chaos's avatar momentarily scrambled my brain.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Burningled
Townie

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Vote: startransmission For speed-changing votes, eh?

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hmmm, well thats odd.

FOS: startransmission for suspicious switchup.
Show

MileyCyrus
Townie

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:05 pm

haters gonna hate.

Vote Kunkstar7 [b] for having a terrible record.
sup

zyrek
Townie

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

At this point wouldn't it be more beneficial for the towns people not to vote? There is no concrete evidence that anyone is scum, and the chances are not good that a mafia will be lynched. Lynching someone now would probably decrease the towns chances for winning. By the way, I am obviously the cop because I am voting for a no lynch when I don't have any proof.
Vote: No Lynch

Burningled
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm

A no-lynch? On the first day?

Unvote: startransmission

Vote: zyrek

So, we have:
Roleclaiming, sarcastic or otherwise;

Asking for a no-lynch, even though one of us will be dead tonight anyways, and we should really hit someone...

Explain yourself, quickly.

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 pm

zyrek wrote:At this point wouldn't it be more beneficial for the towns people not to vote? There is no concrete evidence that anyone is scum, and the chances are not good that a mafia will be lynched. Lynching someone now would probably decrease the towns chances for winning. By the way, I am obviously the cop because I am voting for a no lynch when I don't have any proof.
Vote: No Lynch

While I agree with you on the point that we MUST be careful in our decisions,
but:

kunkstar7 wrote:Most games begin in what is known as the Random Voting Stage, otherwise abbreviated as RVS. There is a widespread debate regarding the merits and benefits of the RVS, how we can get rid of it, what should we do instead, but no matter what, someone always random votes in the beginning. I am of the belief that random votes are designed to provide something to begin discussion off of.

Someone has to start the game right? With absolutely nothing to go off of as my post was first post, I found a decent reason to vote someone, regardless whether the reason is actually scumworthy or not, and this provides future posts with something to discuss, argue, and so on. So I in effect, with my random vote, achieved my goal of providing something to begin discussion.

Also: FoS MileyCyrus for OMGUS voting and voting ontop of my vote.
Seriously, what is that I don't even.
Show

MileyCyrus
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 pm

sooo yeah...im new to this, can you explain to me what FoS and OMGUS are?
sup

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Burningled wrote:A no-lynch? On the first day?

Unvote: startransmission

Vote: zyrek

So, we have:
Roleclaiming, sarcastic or otherwise;

Asking for a no-lynch, even though one of us will be dead tonight anyways, and we should really hit someone...

Explain yourself, quickly.

Well, thats quite suspect in itself, I do agree with the roleclaim. Is that just a joke, or are you trying to make this into a Follow the Cop situation? (I severely doubt the latter, because of the risk of a roleblocker on the cop, or even a randomly guessed doc.)
Show

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 pm

MileyCyrus wrote:sooo yeah...im new to this, can you explain to me what FoS and OMGUS are?

Oh, sure.

FoS = Finger of Suspicion, which generally means "Your acting suspicious, but not as suspicious as the person I've voted for." or "Your suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote, yet."

OMGUS = Oh My God, You Suck! - Voting for the person who just voted for you for no reason than besides the fact that they voted for you.

Apologies in advance for the rapidity of these posts, I'm incredibly bored at the moment and I'm just waiting for people to post other things.
Show

MileyCyrus
Townie

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm

no problem, rapidity is fun.

anyway...my reason for voting for him was not because he voted for me, but rather because he clearly voted for a player based on just their name. I'd be doing the same if he said "i dont like gypsies, so I vote for DeviGypsy"

but meh, think what you want :)
sup

Mr. Chaos
Goon

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm

kunkstar7 wrote:See, that's the whole trickiness of it *wink*

Most games begin in what is known as the Random Voting Stage, otherwise abbreviated as RVS. There is a widespread debate regarding the merits and benefits of the RVS, how we can get rid of it, what should we do instead, but no matter what, someone always random votes in the beginning. I am of the belief that random votes are designed to provide something to begin discussion off of.

It's random voting, he can make up any reason he wants. It's just to gauge reaction.
Show

zyrek
Townie

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

I still think no vote. One person will be dead tonight anyway, but not voting will leave the death count at one, instead of two, by morning. I made the role claim so people would know I knew I looked suspicious. I was mainly messing with people here, but also, I don't really want to be axed, by mafia, or otherwise. All anyone is doing at this stage in the game is messing with other people. Also, I don't really get the point of early accusations or voting. If everyone just decided to lynch anyone who early voted, there would be a lot less early voting, and in my opinion, early voting is not beneficial to the town. I create imbalances in the situation by role claims, instead of accusations. Conflicting role claims get really interesting, fast.

Jahudo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Vote Count #1 of Day 1

kunkstar7 (2) – Mr. Chaos, MileyCyrus
MileyCyrus (1) – kunkstar7
fuzzylightning (1) – startransmission
No Lynch (1) – zyrek
zyrek (1) – Burningled

Not Voting (3) – DeviGypsy, Nopointinactingup, fuzzylightning

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes for a lynch.

Today's Deadline is the end of Sunday, March 7

MileyCyrus
Townie

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:13 pm

let me just explain that by 'not voting' on day one, the scum will get a free lynch and we will have absolutely 0 information, leaving us in the same situation we are in now, but just with one less townsperson.

Day 1 is a lot of feeling out, and thats what we should do.
sup

startransmission
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:22 pm

A no lynch is a disaster. I'll go more into it shortly.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games