...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

926 A Game of Thrones Mafia - Over.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Prologue

Dany looked upon her sleeping dragons; watching over them, the love in her eyes clear.

‘Khalessi, Khalessi, news comes, quick you must hear this’ a voice exclaimed, and 2 figures approaching from the shadows.

Dany looked up, and saw Ser Jorah stride across the room, carrying a letter, with Irri beside him, her voice the one who had broken the silence a moment ago.

Dany raised an eyebrow as Ser Jorah handed her the letter.

‘My queen, you had best read this for yourself’ he said as he stood to the side, waiting patiently, eyes on her, trying to read her face.

Moments passed while Dany's eyes scanned the letter, her face almost unreadable against the soft glow of the fire. She slowly rose her head, looking at Ser Jorah.

‘What would you advise Ser Jorah?’ she asked, her eyes fixed on his face. Those eyes a fierce purple, some say the madness shone through them, but Ser Jorah was captivated by them.

He took in a deep breath, thinking, slowly exhaling. ‘You know what you must do, my queen’ he replied sighing, 'as much as this may seem to be to our advantage, it changes nothing.’ he said , at last.

‘We will wait‘, she announced, ‘the troubles of my kingdoms shall be solved when I cross the water, untill then there is nothing we can do to help my people’.

Ser Jorah nodded, expecting the answer. ‘You have knowledge beyond your years my queen, if we try to invade now, we will be caught in a bloody struggle. I myself can’t quite believe it, after all these years, we will see how this madness plays out’ he trailed off then, contemplating what had happened.

‘Is that all my queen?’ he asked suddenly, his eyes once again staring in to hers.

‘One more thing’ Dany said just as he had turned to walk away, her voice barely audible now ‘Would …would Rhaegar be proud of me?’

Ser Jorah turned, slowly. His face unreadable. ‘You truly are his sister, not that there was any doubt, he would be proud, and agree with what you have done’ he bowed, and made his exit.

The scrap of parchment lay across from Dany, as she took it up and read it again…savouring the words. Death..

Robert, the Usurper is dead. He was slain by the hand of those closest to him. People have come from across the seven kingdoms to try and solve this great mystery. The Kingdom is under threat by unknown forces. They've taken to lynching people, it's madness.
'

The Players:

Those still alive and kicking:
(Bold = confirmed)

Kinetic

Mina

Miserable at best
Flutter
Confucius

The Dead:

Xvart - Syrio Forel -Vanilla Townie
had his throat slashed open night 1.

Heliograph - Tyrion Lannister - Innocent Aligned Double Voter
was lynched Day 1.

Raivann- Robb Stark - Vanilla Townie
was lynched Day 2

Percy (who replaced Bogre) - Caetlyn Stark - Vannila townie
was cut to pieces Night 2

The Inquisition - Samwell Tarly - 1-shot Nk Immune townie
was pierced through the heart with an arrow Night 2

TheButtonMen - Arya Stark - 2 shot cop
was lynched day 3

Locke Lamora - Sansa Stark - Vanilla Townie
was killed night 3

Seacore - Renly Barantheon - Vanilla Townie has been endgamed

MacavityLock - Theon Greyjoy
- Vigilante was endgamed

Game Relevant Events:
Prologue (Pre-game Flavour)
Chapter 1: Ned (Start of Day 1
Chapter 2: Tyrion (End of Day 1)
Chapter 3: Ned (Night 1/Start of Day 2)
Chapter 4: Dany (End of Day 2)
Chapter 5: Ned (Night 2/Start of Day 3)
Chapter 6: Arya (End of Day 3)
Chapter 7: Sansa (Night 3/Start of...?)
Chapter 8: Jaime/Ned (Endgame begins)
Chapter 9: Theon (Endgame Continued)
Epilogue (Endgame concluded)
Last edited by Faraday on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:51 am, edited 35 times in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Faraday »

The Rules (Blatantly stolen from Hoopla (THANKS) with a few changes)- Please read them! 

> Fundamental 

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid. 
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread. 
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM. 
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil.

> Voting, Lynching & Death 

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form 
Vote: Hoopla
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. 
6) Unvotes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated. 
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch. 
8) You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. 
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post.

> Activity & Deadlines 

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. 
11) Prods will be issued after three days in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too, I'm human I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you. 
13) 
Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. We don't do less than majority here in Westeros.
15) 
Nights will have a 72 hour deadline
. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. 
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.

> Other Information

17) 
RED
and Mech font are my colours I will use for modly purposes. All other colors are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself. I'll not modkill you if you happen to use them, but try not to please.
18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don’t hesitate to ask for one, and I’ll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will punish you. If something is fuzzy for you, please ask! 
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know. 
21) Flavour in night write up's is just that ; flavour. Knowledge of the theme may help but as you can see from the initial write up's it's not necessarily canon.

Sample role pm (Not in the game for...obvious reasons :P)
Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Robert Baratheon, Innocent Aligned

You won at the Trident and were a good if somewhat lazy King. Now you're dead, so I'm not sure why I'm even writing your flavour. It's not like you can read it, is it? Still for this pm you're a vanilla townie.

Abillites:
Vote
You may vote during the day.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to your Kingdom have been eliminated.
Last edited by Faraday on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Faraday »

All role pm's are out! Follow instructions in the pm! Game will start when everyone is confirmed.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Faraday »

Game will start this evening at 6pm GMT regardless of confirmations.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Faraday »

Chapter 1: Ned

Ned walked down the stairs towards the main dining area. The aftermath of Robert's murder hung in the air. Servants cast glances at Ned as he quickly walked by, ignoring them as best he could. He longed to be back home, yet duty kept him here. Hand of the King (or former King). He should never have came to King's Landing, yet..the burden of responsibility of finding Robert's killers hung on him.

No one was speaking, no one apparently knew who'd killed Robert. Some it seemed just didn't care, after all one King was as good as another to some people. Ned had reluctantly agreed that lynchings were the only way to find the people responsible. Each day they'd lynch someone, the person with the most votes would die. Crude, really. He grimaced when thinking about it. Hopefully this would be over quickly, and those responsible found. Strange he thought, those little notes on the bodies after death. What an odd occurrence. Almost like someone was playing games.

He strode out, a crowd had gathered to see the lynchings.

'Day 1 of the lynching commences' Ned shouted as the crowd quietened to a hush. 'You'll have your blood by evening, I suspect'

He strode off, muttering to himself about honour and things like that.

'
Oh and before I forget, since it's the first Day with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
'

Pre-game votecount:

Not voting:
(12) Xvart, Locke Lamora, Raivann, Kinetic, Bogre, TheButtonMen,Mina, Heliograph, The Inquisition, MacavityLock, Seacore, Miserable at best

I'll give Bogre a little more time to get here before I search for a replacement.

Deadline: March 3rd @ 6pm GMT
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Kinetic »

vote bogar
. Last to confirm has more than a 50% chance to be scum.

Who thinks a mass claim might break the game? Maybe at least a mass name claim? I have a suspicion and I'd like to know who we are playing with here.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Mina »

Vote: Locke Lamora
. I'm sick and tired of your lies!

Kinetic, don't mass nameclaims on D1 only work if the moderator is incompetent? Why do you think this game would be any different?
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Raivann »

I dont wanna massclaim or especially break the game.
I've been waiting for this one
Let's just play some Game of Thrones Mafia...

Vote:Seacore
He obviously worships the Drowned God.
"What is dead can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

Break the game completely? Not likely. But you don't have to be incompetent to make a mistake, and sometimes mods forget things.

I'm actually more interested in the overall scope of the game which is why I want to learn more about the setting. From there I can start making inferences which are a little more based on something.

I can make lots of guesses, but once I start having some solid information those guesses get more accurate.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Not interested in a mass name claim at this juncture.

Vote: The Inquisition
since nobody ever expects them.
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by The Inquisition »

i have a bad feeling for Ned..
vote: Raivann
You will confess.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Raivann »

Why no amusing reason after your vote?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Mina »

Kinetic wrote:Break the game completely? Not likely. But you don't have to be incompetent to make a mistake, and sometimes mods forget things.
Except now that you've mentioned it in the thread, I doubt Faraday would have forgotten any longer.

I'm interested in seeing where this leads, but I don't want to nameclaim just yet.

That said...
Raivann wrote:I dont wanna massclaim or especially break the game.
I've been waiting for this one
Let's just play some Game of Thrones Mafia...
Why, do you have a particular reason for believing that a D1 nameclaim would break this game? Do you think the scum have less information?
MacavityLock wrote:Not interested in a mass name claim at this juncture.
Call this the random question stage. State the advantages and disadvantages of mass nameclaiming. Not that I like Kinetic's idea, but as the third person to disagree with it, you're voicing a very safe opinion.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Mina wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Not interested in a mass name claim at this juncture.
Call this the random question stage. State the advantages and disadvantages of mass nameclaiming. Not that I like Kinetic's idea, but as the third person to disagree with it, you're voicing a very safe opinion.
Upside: Dependent on massive setup flaw by mod, could out scum. Downside: Rolefishing.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Raivann »

Mina wrote: Why, do you have a particular reason for believing that a D1 nameclaim would break this game? Do you think the scum have less information?
Not really, just seems less fun.

I guess if scum didn't know the books.
Mina wrote: I'm interested in seeing where this leads, but I don't want to nameclaim just yet.
Mina wrote: Not that I like Kinetic's idea
You seem to be fencesitting. Why's that?
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by The Inquisition »

Let's be frank, guys. The characters in a game of thrones are a mod's dream against the mass claim. The characters are complex and their "goodness" is largely dependent on the point of view.

Say Tyrione claims. What does that tell us? Nothing. Catelyn? Nothing. Robert? Nothing.

The only plausible entirely "good" people are the Stark kids (possibly not even Sansa -- remember this is Game of Thrones and not the entire series).

Even if we do think of some people who are good, faraday is too good a mod, I think, to not provide safe claims to the mafia or confuse us with a non-traditional alignment.

Mass claims are just a way for scum to not get counter-claimed on a name when they're getting lynched.
You will confess.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Mina »

Raivann wrote:
Mina wrote: Why, do you have a particular reason for believing that a D1 nameclaim would break this game? Do you think the scum have less information?
Not really, just seems less fun.

I guess if scum didn't know the books.
I meant that you seemed to be against massclaim because it
would
break the game--since I just took it for granted that all mods prepare for it, you might have had extra information about...um, the scum's
lack
of information. But fair enough.
Mina wrote:I'm interested in seeing where this leads, but I don't want to nameclaim just yet.
Mina wrote: Not that I like Kinetic's idea
You seem to be fencesitting. Why's that?
Let me clarify. I'm definitely against the idea of a mass nameclaim now. Like I said before, on the off-chance Faraday forgot to choose faction-independent names or send out fakeclaims...well, this entire discussion just jogged his memory, so now we can guarantee that a nameclaim would be useless. But I'm "interested" in where Kinetic is going with this, because he's hinting at some grand theory about the set-up.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Faraday »

Vote Count 1.1: The
'Where the fuck is my
A Dance With Dragons
??
' votecount.

Bogre (1) - [Kinetic]
Locke Lamora (1) - [Mina]
Seacore (1) - [Raivann]
The Inquisition (1) - [MacavityLock]
Raivann (1) - [The Inquisition]
Not voting:
(7) [Xvart, Locke Lamora, Bogre, TheButtonMen, Heliograph, Seacore, Miserable at best]

Bogre has untill later to pick up his PM. Pwnman is lined up as a replacement anyway

Deadline: March 3rd @ 6pm GMT
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

On the nameclaim:

I've already thought about a lot of the positives and negatives that have been presented. This isn't my first rodeo.

I have a couple of ideas and I'm unsure if they will work or not, but to be sure a name claim is needed. I don't think the name claim in and of itself is going to out scum, nor do I think its going to out power roles simply because this setting it could be very easy to hide them.

Also, I'd like to point out I'm not particularly attached to the idea either. I'd prefer it to go through, but I'm not going to push it much harder than saying what I think. Either way I'll eventually get the information I need to confirm or disprove my theories, but there might be a lot fewer people alive by then.

----

On other things:

Bogre not confirming annoys me.

Of the people posting (which aren't a lot) for some reason Mina is peaking my radar. Not sure why yet though, but I'm going to keep an eye on it.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Raivann »

Well,I guess it's just the five of us...
Kinetic wrote: Of the people posting (which aren't a lot) for some reason Mina is peaking my radar. Not sure why yet though, but I'm going to keep an eye on it.
That's because Mina is caught scum.
Unvote, Vote:Mina
For fencesitting, then when questioned about it she tried too hard to appease and took a hard stance.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by xvart »

Hello everyone. Happy hunting!

re: name claiming. I'm not sure what we will get from it other than house alliances which in and of itself is most likely not going to be telling of much other than, well... house alliances. I don't imagine that the setup would directly follow the storyline, so just because we find Cersei Lannister isn't necessarily going to out the killer(s).

I find it very difficult to even consider going for a name claim based on supposed theories with no explanation, because it could just as easily provide whatever you think for scum. I also think that name claiming might have some drastic potential to out power roles based on characters. With flavor considered, I would imagine whoever is Jamie Lannister (if the character is in this game) would have some sort of vigilante or killing mechanism since he is afterall the most well-known and decorated Knight in the Kingsguard. Or if we have a Cersei Lannister might be more indicative of a double voter or some sort of vote manipulation since she is a political mastermind in the books. Or someone on the Wall might be a neutral survivor because of the flavor of having no allegiance to king or property.

If we all name called I imagine scum would probably just start killing all the house leaders or most well known characters. Is it possible that the big names are vanilla townies? Possibly; but I don't think the risk is worth the supposed reward of whittling away at your theories.

To add to that, the sheer fact that you propose this idea, softly support it and say you don't care if it doesn't go through, but would like to see it go through anyway makes me very suspicious of your intentions. Fence sitting on your own proposal is quite strange (suspicious) to me.

Vote: Kinetic

xvart.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm with Raivann on this one. I don't necessarily think that Mina is "caught scum", but the playing both sides of the argument comes off as disingenuous to me. And it is I think deserving of a vote at this point in the game.
Unvote. Vote: Mina.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Kinetic »

xvart wrote:Hello everyone. Happy hunting!

re: name claiming. I'm not sure what we will get from it other than house alliances which in and of itself is most likely not going to be telling of much other than, well... house alliances. I don't imagine that the setup would directly follow the storyline, so just because we find Cersei Lannister isn't necessarily going to out the killer(s).

I find it very difficult to even consider going for a name claim based on supposed theories with no explanation, because it could just as easily provide whatever you think for scum. I also think that name claiming might have some drastic potential to out power roles based on characters. With flavor considered, I would imagine whoever is Jamie Lannister (if the character is in this game) would have some sort of vigilante or killing mechanism since he is afterall the most well-known and decorated Knight in the Kingsguard. Or if we have a Cersei Lannister might be more indicative of a double voter or some sort of vote manipulation since she is a political mastermind in the books. Or someone on the Wall might be a neutral survivor because of the flavor of having no allegiance to king or property.

If we all name called I imagine scum would probably just start killing all the house leaders or most well known characters. Is it possible that the big names are vanilla townies? Possibly; but I don't think the risk is worth the supposed reward of whittling away at your theories.

To add to that, the sheer fact that you propose this idea, softly support it and say you don't care if it doesn't go through, but would like to see it go through anyway makes me very suspicious of your intentions. Fence sitting on your own proposal is quite strange (suspicious) to me.

Vote: Kinetic

xvart.
You're cute. I like the WoT avatar. Read my meta, k thx bai.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Seacore »

Hello all,

Name claiming, or role claiming,

It's bad right now

And I do not worship the drowned god! The new gods are fine for me. By the light of the seven, we'll see this through!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Seacore »

Oh, and I meant to
vote for Kinetic
For proposing the name claim. If it was just a mass claim suggestion, It'd merely warrant an FOS, but the name claim is sneaky.

I really think the lannisters, plus somebody like littlefinger or grand maester pycelle will come up as the scums.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”