Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Open 210: Carbon 14- Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

It was early in the morning...after having finished their work with a
certain sailor
, the village all retired to rest for the remainder of the morning. But a bloodcurdling scream told you that yet another person would be "sleeping in" tomorrow. This string of deaths is now too big to ignore. Your town
does
have a history of gang activity...and legends of werewolves in the countryside.
"This must end!", shouted semioldguy.
"Agreed", said easjo.
And so, the 7 of you decided to go out to the edge of town to settle the issue like men...that is, with a rope in hand and dark, somber faces. Be they criminal lowlife or beast, you are determined to save your brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, wives, husbands, and pet swallows(swallows are the only sort of fashionable pet in your village) from doom.

Happy campers:

semioldguy
easjo682

Happier campers(they are now in heaven):

Billybob MacJoe-
Drunken Sailor
-Lynched day 0
Lacey
-
Townie
-Lynched day 1
Steam-Powered Shovel
-
Cop
-Killed Night 1
horrordude0215
-
Werewolf
-Lynched Day 2
mavsfan41
-
Seer
-Killed Night 2
TheChestPube
Yankee-
Werewolf
-Lynched Day 3
Last edited by Jackabomb on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Setup:
2 Mafia/ 2 werewolves(to be determined randomly)
1 cop
1 seer
3 townies

READ YE THE LAW!
Stolen from and modified from:

Haylen's Rules (Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...
1. The game is a Day Start.

2. You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Jackabomb
,I do not require you to unvote, but I will not gaurantee that I will see it otherwise.

3. Each Day will have a deadline of 2 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. It's for bottom feeders.

4. Mafia may not speak to each other during the day. Not privately, anyway. If you wish to speak openly in-thread to your partner about your strategies, be my guest, but don't hope for them to succeed very long after that.

5. You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod or anybody, since you shouldn't be communicating outside the thread. I am a mod, and I can modkill.

6. I don't like cheaters. (a) Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags or anything as such will be lasered unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b) If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont do either. If you do, expect an immediate ejection from the game, auto-loss, and possible addition to my blacklist.

7. If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.

During Twilight
1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
2. The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase
1. The Night Phase will last 48 days. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
2. If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.

3. Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's. Don't even try.

4. I will count the very first PM I receive as binding. So if you mafia see fit to joke around and send a PM for someone you didn't agree on or for each other, that choice will go through. You can and will kill your partner so don't push me. You may very soon find yourself in the unenviable position of 1 scum versus 6 townies.

General Rules

1. I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a (probably not so)nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.

2. Blue is my color. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be peunished(the way the gungans say it star wars I). Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my color.

3. Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.

4. Don't insult the mod. I probably won't kill you, but I probably won't be too enthusiastic about modding or playing with you again.

5. If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you might have. Since I have made alterations, that's very possible. But you have better things to worry about than loopholes. Like catching scum.

6. When you are modkilled, you are dead. If you are town, the day ends instantly, if you are scum, it continues. Unfair? Tough. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

7. Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.

8. Thy mod is thy master...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another(maybe).

9. If have questions PM me.

10. The mod has...well...psychopathic tendancies toward ghosts. Believe me when I tell you those tendencies are not something you want to witness first-hand.

11. Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile(if you like)

12. It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.

13. I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, so don't ask.

14. If you take issue with any of these rules, PM me or mention it thread. Preferably the former.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

You are a Townie. Like all players, you have a brain and a vote. I suggest you use them as they are the only and greatest weapons available to you and your fellow townies.

Win condition:
All of the anti-town players are dead by the end of the game, be it werewolves or mafia.

At least one town sided must survive into the endgame.

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
You are a Mafia/Werewolf with _______. Like all players, you have a voice and vote, but your real powers lie in the night phase. During the night, you may speak privately with your fellow murderer and submit a kill choice once per night.

Win conditions:
All of the town sided roles are dead by the endgame, or nothing can prevent the same.

At least one mafia sided role must survive until the endgame.

Confirm in thread. Your quicktopic is here.
Good luck!
You are the Cop. You have a vote and a voice, same as everybody else. However, you also have a college degree in criminal science, allowing you to easily identify people sided with the mafia with a fairly simple investigation they taught you in your first year. You may send this investigation choice once per night phase. However, you failed to pay any attention at all in biology, so you are incapable from distinguishing werewolves from normal humans.

Win condition:
All of the anti-town players are dead by the end of the game, be it werewolves or mafia.

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
You are the Seer. Like all players, you have a vote and a voice. However, you have a special affinity for interpersonal relationships. You can peer into the cloudy murk of men's minds and see their true intentions. Sometimes their intentions are well...beastly. Once per night, submit an investigation choice and learn whether or not that person is a werewolf. However, mafia members are too adept at lying for you to catch them.

Win condition:

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
Last edited by Jackabomb on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Jackabomb wrote:
You are a Townie. Like all players, you have a brain and a vote. I suggest you use them as they are the only and greatest weapons available to you and your fellow townies.

Win condition:

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
You are a Mafia/Werewolf with _______. Like all players, you have a voice and vote, but your real powers lie in the night phase. During the night, you may speak privately with your fellow murderer and submit a kill choice once per night.

Win conditions:
All of the town sided roles are dead by the endgame, or nothing can prevent the same.

At least one mafia sided role must survive until the endgame.

Confirm in thread. Your quicktopic is here.
Good luck!
You are the Cop. You have a vote and a voice, same as everybody else. However, you also have a college degree in criminal science, allowing you to easily identify people sided with the mafia with a fairly simple investigation they taught you in your first year. You may send this investigation choice once per night phase. However, you failed to pay any attention at all in biology, so you are incapable from distinguishing werewolves from normal humans.

Win condition:

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
You are the Seer. Like all players, you have a vote and a voice. However, you have a special affinity for interpersonal relationships. You can peer into the cloudy murk of men's minds and see their true intentions. Sometimes their intentions are well...beastly. Once per night, submit an investigation choice and learn whether or not that person is a werewolf. However, mafia members are too adept at lying for you to catch them.

Win condition:

Confirm in thread.
Good luck!
Role PM's are sent. I suppose I have to unlock the thread now.

*sigh* Here goes!

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

/confirm

Vote: semioldguy
all old guys are creepy, even the semi-old ones!
Your own avatar is awfully creepy...

Mod, I will be V/LA until March 8th... have to deal with some family issues

I wanted to make sure I confirmed first, though ;)

Got it, good, squared away. Good luck with the family issues. Families are the backbone of our society, so the alarming rate at which they're being destroyed can easily tell you why our society is so much more messed up than our grandfathers' was. And if your problems are something totally different, well...the point still stands.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

/confirm

Vote: semioldguy
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by easjo682 »

/confirm

vote: TheChestPube

because his name is above mine
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Lacey »

/confirm horrordude0215

For having a really scary looking avatar! :shock:
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Lacey »

/confirm
vote: horrordude0215
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Jackabomb's first vote count!

Horrordude0215-Lacey;
Semioldguy-Horrordude0215, Steam;
TCP-Easjo;

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch or no lynch!

mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

/confirm

Vote:Horrordude0215

how many times are they going to re-make classic horror films? Nightmare on Elm Street is your avatar and they're even re-making that movie. WTF?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:15 am

TheChestPube, please hop on the semioldguy bandwagon. It would be mucho appreciated.

semioldguy, please place an OMGUS vote on semioldguy in retaliation.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
TheChestPube
TheChestPube
Townie
TheChestPube
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:07 am

Post by TheChestPube »

/confirm

vote: Lacey
, not because I'm sexist or anything...
Jackabomb: No, no, of course not!

And if anybody was wondering, I'm fine with you abbreviating my name into TCP or Chest or whatever is easiest for you.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:48 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

Unvote

Vote:The ChestPube

for having a much creepier picture for an avatar than horrordude
TheChestPube
TheChestPube
Townie
TheChestPube
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:55 am

Post by TheChestPube »

FoS: mavsfan41

for judging books by their covers :|

/joke
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

FoS: Chest
for ignoring my post.

P.S. Judging books by their covers helps the town immensely. It makes it much easier to decide which books to burn along with the people we're executing.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 am

Post by semioldguy »

/let's get dangerous

TheChestPube, where did you get that picture of me?

hmm... the last Carbon14 had the same creepy old guy card played against me. Somehow these have been the only two games this has been the case out of all I've played.

In other news, I will be using a point system this game. There are six of you and two of you are scum. That gives any of you a 33.3% chance of being scum and as such you all begin with 33 points. If I like you, I'll take some of your points away. If not, then I'll give you more.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Jackabomb »

I believe everyone has now posted at least once. Thus all players are now lynch-able. In case you didn't know, I let you vote, but not lynch a player who has not confirmed.

Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 am

FoS: semioldguy
for not voting.
semioldguy wrote: In other news, I will be using a point system this game. There are six of you and two of you are scum. That gives any of you a 33.3% chance of being scum and as such you all begin with 33 points. If I like you, I'll take some of your points away. If not, then I'll give you more.
But then you'll have 6 percentage points unaccounted for! Blasphemy!
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Unvote

vote: steam powered shovel
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
TheChestPube
TheChestPube
Townie
TheChestPube
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by TheChestPube »

Steam wrote:FoS: Chest for ignoring my post.
What post? :P

It's not that I purposefully ignored it, I just didn't like the way you were trying to get me to blindly follow whatever scheme you had planned. I don't like even more the fact that you can't accept that.
semioldguy wrote:TheChestPube, where did you get that picture of me?
:shock:

If you see a guy hiding in a tree in your yard with a camera, that's not me, just so you know... :nervous smile:
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Chest wrote:It's not that I purposefully ignored it, I just didn't like the way you were trying to get me to blindly follow whatever scheme you had planned. I don't like even more the fact that you can't accept that.
You're pretty much supposed to not do what I asked you to (it was definitely too early for a Lynch Minus One vote). That doesn't mean you shouldn't respond to it.
TheChestPube
TheChestPube
Townie
TheChestPube
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by TheChestPube »

Steam wrote:You're pretty much supposed to not do what I asked you to
Exactly.

You pretty much knew why I didn't put him at L-1 already. Did it really need a response?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Yes.
TheChestPube
TheChestPube
Townie
TheChestPube
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by TheChestPube »

Ok then.

If I would have responded it would have been along the lines of either asking you why you wanted him at L-1 (though I'm pretty sure it was just you setting up a scumtrap) or the internet equivalent of giving you the finger and running away while laughing maniacally (joking there, if you can't tell :P )

Return to “Completed Open Games”