Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Mini 1009 – Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Mini 1009 - Popularity mafia
[/size]

Game status

Game over - Mafia wins
Still alive
(One of em is the winning mafia, the other the endgamed townie)
tumescence
[/color]
nopointinactingup
[/color]() ()

Dead

ChannelDelibird
Townie
, lynched Day 1
Korashk
[/color](),
Townie
, killed Night 1.
Tazaro
[/color] (),
Scum
, lynched Day 2
mothrax
[/color],
Townie
, killed Night 2.
Thief
[/color],
Scum
, lynched Day 3.
Blackberry
[/color]
Townie
, lynched Day 4
Cuethlachtli
Townie
, killed Night 4.
scotmany12
[/color],
Townie
, lynched Day 5
Zdenek
[/color] () () [/color],
Townie
, killed Night 6.
Simenon
[/color],
Townie
, lynched Day 7

Quick links

Rules|Townie PM|Game start
Night 1|Night 2|Night 3|Night 4|Night 5|Night 6|
Final votecount, game's final post|Night choces|thoughts on the nomination mechanism
Last edited by Johoohno on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Rules
[/size]
[001]
Voting
: Only votes in bold (
vote: Johoohno
) will be counted. If you no longer want your vote where it is you can
unvote
. You are not required to unvote when you shift vote from one player to another, I will only count your last vote.
[002]
Lynches
: When a player has a majority of votes he’ll be lynched – consider the game to be in twilight until I lock the thread (twilight = no new votes/unvotes are counted, the lynch is inevitable).
[003]
Deadline
: Each day will be deadlined to :arrow: 3 weeks, depending on my real life issues (no extensions planned). If we reach a deadline without a lynch the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the one who got to that number of votes first will be lynched.
Exception:
In a lynch-or-loose situation the votes needed are NOT reduced. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
[004]
Keep game in thread only
: The game is played within this thread. You are not allowed to discuss it outside unless your role specifically tells you otherwise.
[005]
Death
: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
[006]
Editing/Deleting
: Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
[007]
Quoting
: Don’t quote any PMs from me.
[008]
Night choices
: If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the night deadline (night lasting approximately three days), :arrow: I will not wait for you, if you do not submit a choice to me no choice will be made.
[009]
Being away?
: If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. :arrow: If you are away for 72 hours, without any notice why, you might find yourself replaced. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate, don’t leave us hanging.
[010]
Colours and texts
:
Blue colour
is my colour, don’t use it in the thread. And don’t use encrypted, small or invisible text either.
[011]
Prods and replacements
: I will prod players and ask for replacements by your requests (or when I see fit). Do bold your requests in thread to make me see them more easily. (If you find errors or have questions I prefer getting them by PM). Replacements inherit their predecessors votes and need to unvote if they don't like where their vote is.
[012]
Good game
: Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Townie role PM
[/size]
Mod wrote:
Townie:

You are a townie, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • Your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • In this game you are allowed to nominate a single person during each night. The person with most nominations will be night kill immune that night (in case of a tie
    nobody
    is immune). Nominations and immunity will not be publicly announced. Only nominations sent in during NIGHT CYCLE via PM to the mod (formatted like this:
    Nominate: Johoohno
    ) will be counted. If you send in more than one only the last one sent in before deadline will be counted.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive or not.
Last edited by Johoohno on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Day 1
[/size]
Yet another town is infested with the mafia. This time town has decided to nominate a person each night whom to wear the only bullet proof vest available. Let’s see if this will help them get rid of the mafia or not.

Let's get started, Day 1 is a-foot

Deadline is August 10

(Mafia are allowed to continue talking in their thread for 24 hours from this post's time stamp - since the thread hasn't come up until now).
Last edited by Johoohno on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I saw this was posted, although I do not have a PM yet telling us about this thread. ^_^

I do not like random voting. I know that is unusual and goes agains't most people's idea of how to begin the game. I'll let you kids figure out the random voting, and when things come up that I find odd, then a vote shall be cast by me ;). If you find me being anti-random voting unusual, please discuss.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by mothrax »

Honestly, I am not a big fan either though sometimes(most) it is the only way to start discussion.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by eljcko »

Vote: scotmany12
because you're the only one with a number in your name.

But @Blackberry for not random voting, how else would you propose starting Day 1? It is kinda silly and pointless but it does get the game started.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Vote: eljcko
for voting first.

About the whole random voting issue, I agree that it is rather pointless, but I have to lean towards eljcko's thinking. We are given a blank slate at the beginning of the game, so without a least a little random voting, it is a bit harder to begin the scum hunt.
I'm back.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

vote: Iron Man
for voting second!

I actually think RVS is useful. Scum sometimes slip or make suspicious remarks at this stage in the game.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote: Iron Man
for Newbie 614.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty. Blackberry leads off with the anti-rvs stance, doesn't need to propose anything else useful really because taking that stance in itself is discussion provoking.
Mothrax agreeing but not proposing anything or asking what Blackberry had in mind was a minus, but I still see a Goon tag, so maybe that's expecting too much.
eljcko goes pro-RVS. People love their RVS, sometimes irrationally (not irrational in this case, just saying). It is what it is.
Iron Man voting eljcko for voting first. I like the vote, but not the reason so much. It is weak and easily waved aside by either party because really it isn't taking a stance at all. A stronger reason behind the vote would have been to vote eljcko for insisting on voting randomly in order to avoid taking a stance. Something along those lines could have generated a nice tiff and the game would be off and rolling. It seems to me that Iron Man missed an opportunity to take a stronger stance when it presented itself, and further defused the possible conflict generated by a vote by saying further that he agreed with eljcko. Perhaps he didn't see it, but perhaps he did and is yella-bellied under the iron exterior.

vote Iron Man

Cuetlachtli made me chuckle. "You wouldn't lynch someone this excited!". Listen, if scum sometimes make suspicious remarks, and you know the general ratio of scum to town is about 1 to 3, and 4 players posted above you, did you not do that math and look for anything? Iron Man had a possible slip that I pointed out above. Are you just talking to be talking, or did you actually intend to follow up your insight? You would make a good vote as well, you just came along second.

Meta vote CDB? This looks like a "game just started" drive-by vote that can be overlooked.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Ectomancer wrote:Meta vote CDB? This looks like a "game just started" drive-by vote that can be overlooked.
Yup.
#greenshirtthursdays
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Korts »

Vote: BlackBerry

Taking a passive role in perhaps the most insightful part of the game is anti-town. Doing something anti-town deliberately is perhaps worse.
scumchat never die
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Simenon »

Vote mothrax
for equivocating.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:45 am

Post by mothrax »

Ectomancer wrote: Mothrax agreeing but not proposing anything or asking what Blackberry had in mind was a minus, but I still see a Goon tag, so maybe that's expecting too much.
If you recall, and I am too lazy to quote it since it is like 4 posts up, I said that I didn't like it,
but
it was generally necessary. That being said, I didn't feel like casting the first vote.

Also, I don't see disliking RVS as anti-town at all. I see it as being smart. I have played in several games with no RVS and a decent number of those still ended up as town wins.

However, Ecto, you called both myself and BB out on something you say could be scumtell but vote neither of us. Why?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

Post by Korts »

mothrax: disliking the "RVS" isn't anti-town--but not proposing any alternative is. I saw nothing in BlackBerry's first post other than an intention to sit back and wait idly while the rest of the town gathers the information crucial for progressing in the early game.
scumchat never die
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 am

Post by mothrax »

BB wrote:when things come up that I find odd, then a vote shall be cast by me . If you find me being anti-random voting unusual, please discuss.
I feel like my being defensive of BB is going to cause trouble later in the game, especially if by some weird chance he flips scum, however, I have come under scrutiny because of the same stance and in an effort to explain my point, I will try to explain his.
The second part of his quote seems like an offer to open up discussion, i.e. doing something. He also says that he will vote when there is a reason to vote, a stance I often take myself. RVS is completely new to me with this site, and while I admit, the system I normally play with requires a knowledge of the other players not common on this site, it works (basically meta after discussing game mechanics)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

mothrax wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: However, Ecto, you called both myself and BB out on something you say could be scumtell but vote neither of us. Why?
These types of statements are prone to making me come down with both feet on your head. Corrective action at the very least is in order, or at least a challenge to you, to whit:

Illustrate where Ecto called anything Blackberry or you did a scumtell, hell, especially Blackberry.

In point of fact, I find it interesting that you are indeed tying yourself to Blackberry, when nobody else is or did. My statement about Blackberry was a clean observation on how to launch a game without an RVS (which is actually still by talking about the RVS, but what have ye). You should have participated more, but I figured you were probably limited in that capacity by your noobness, but then you go and say you've played other places before
and they have no RVS

Well now you just blew my excuse for you right out of the water didn't you? Why didn't you talk about your experiences with no RVS then? Not interested in taking that kind of lead in game?

Bad mothrax.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Ectomancer »

P.S. - I made a case (actually 2). I don't appreciate it being ignored.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Korts »

Ectomancer wrote:P.S. - I made a case (actually 2). I don't appreciate it being ignored.
Is this directed at someone in particular?
scumchat never die
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Blackberry »

mothrax wrote:I feel like my being defensive of BB is going to cause trouble later in the game,
especially if by some weird chance he flips scum
, however, I have come under scrutiny because of the same stance and in an effort to explain my point, I will try to explain his.
This is the type of thing, had I heard it about someone else, I would think the two were mafia partners. I don't get the "by some weird chance he flips scum." What reason do you have to believe I'm NOT going to flip scum?

---------
Korts wrote:
Vote: BlackBerry

Taking a passive role in perhaps the most insightful part of the game is anti-town. Doing something anti-town deliberately is perhaps worse.
How am I taking a passive role? My intention is to provoke discussion. You also mention that I intend to "sit back and play idly". What gave you that impression?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:48 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: mothrax
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:09 am

Post by eljcko »

Care to explain your vote scotmany12? This is your first post of the game and you don't even offer any sort of explanation for it. Are you convinced he's scum? Are you trying to turn the heat up on him to see how he responds? The possibilities are endless; you at least owe us an explanation.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:17 am

Post by mothrax »

@scotmany12: care to elaborate?
@BB, I said that because at this point I have a null read on you, and also because if you are lynched and flip scum and I am still alive, I am going to get suspiscion pointed at me for my early "buddying" which I realised too late was what it was. I was not intending to link myself to you, but rather to speak out against what some people said and I disagreed with.
Ecto wrote:Well now you just blew my excuse for you right out of the water didn't you? Why didn't you talk about your experiences with no RVS then? Not interested in taking that kind of lead in game?
My experiences with no RVS come from a forum where we all know eachother relatively well outside of a Mafia setting, and have all played multiple games with the same people. In those threads things are mainly based on meta all of which I say here:
Mothrax wrote:RVS is completely new to me with this site, and while I admit, the system I normally play with requires a knowledge of the other players not common on this site, it works (basically meta after discussing game mechanics)
Ecto wrote:Illustrate where Ecto called anything Blackberry or you did a scumtell, hell, especially Blackberry.
OK
Ecto wrote:Mothrax agreeing but not proposing anything or asking what Blackberry had in mind was a minus
Oh and:
Ecto wrote: Bad mothrax
oh noes... what are you gonna do, rub my nose in it?

My first reaction is to vote ecto, but I think that is just kneejerk reaction to his targeting of me. scotmany's vote however does worry me.
VOTE: scotmany12
His vote is wagoning, and while I may be coming across as scummy to him, he didn't even state a reason for the vote, not even citing what the players above him.
IMHO: blatant wagoning.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Simenon »

BlackBerry wrote:This is the type of thing, had I heard it about someone else, I would think the two were mafia partners.
What do you mean?
SEND THE VECTOIDS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”