What's in your clipboard? (Ctrl+v)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1575 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

<i>"There is some supportive legal authority that “pinning” to a Pinterest wall is not technically “copying” (and therefore cannot be copyright infringement) because the user is only really uploading a URL to the original web location of an image, without actually “copying” the image."</i>

This statement is not correct.

Pinterest uploads images to its servers, and strips it of EXIF data (copyright management information.)

Pinterest uploads full-size images.

That's the problem.

<i>"the attribution and original linking supports (rather than detracts from) the copyright owners’ economic benefits."</i>

Again, it's not "original linking" and in practice, attribution gives virtually no economic benefit.

In my case, I removed ~5000 infringed images from Pinterest and recovered the 10% of my traffic that I had lost when the infringement activity started to skyrocket early this year. From ~5000 instances of infringement, I received less than 50 visitors per month.

The reality was that my content displayed on Pinterest directly competed against my content displayed on my own website. It doesn't help that my content is 95% graphical. Pinterest has an advantage over my website: it has the lure of the best infringed content from the best sources, along with mine.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2306 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

<Files ~ "\.(png|jpe?g|gif)$">
Header set X-Robots-Tag "noindex"
</Files>
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”