Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Beefster »

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale. The tale of a fateful trip... Wait no. Just a small luxury cruise for 12 guests.

When the trip begins, you all board the ship at sundown and enter the diner for your complimentary dinner. As you eat, you talk about money and your successes- and you all get to know each other. You talk about various other topics, eat dessert, head off to the auditorium to be entertained by dancers, and finally retreat to your suites for personal massages. After all is said and done, you all hit the hay... And for one unfortunate soul, the coffin.

The following morning, you emerge from your private suites to find one of the maids lying dead on the floor. After several minutes of discussion and panic, you decide that it is best to start throwing one guest overboard after dinner each day until people stop dying.

Players

Spoiler: Contains Role information
drmyshottyizsik,
Town Roleblocker
, lynched Day 1

admax88,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1

werewolf555,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2

HopOnMyJoystick,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 2

don_johnson,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 3

DeathRowKitty,
Doctor
, lynched Day 4

Muffin
SnakePlissken,
Vanilla Townie
, Survived to Endgame

schrauben8542
AZBlueM,
Vanilla Townie
, Survived to Endgame

Haylen,
Vanilla Townie
, Survived to Endgame

BlakAdder,
Mafia Goon
, Survived to Endgame

Alnara,
Mafia Goon
, Survived to Endgame

Sudo_Nym
Corvuus,
Mafia Goon
, Survived to Endgame

THE MAFIA WINS!

The Setup

This is the Pick Your Poison setup which is:
  • 3 Mafia Goons
  • 0-1 Town Roleblocker
  • 0-1 Cop
  • 0-1 Doctor
  • 7 Vanilla Townies
Initially, I will only randomly assign 3 players to the mafia, and thus, only Mafia Role PMs will be sent. The mafia will then choose two roles to be used. After that decision is made, I will randomly assign roles to the other 9 players.

ROLE PMS

Mafia Goon wrote: Welcome to Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia,
<player name>
. You are a Mafia Goon. You have earned your fortune from murder, robbery, and sabotage. Naturally, through all your affiliations, you are in cahoots with ______ and ______. Each night, you meet in the janitorial closet, found
here
, to determine your next hit and who will make it.

Each night, one of you (and only one of you) may send me a PM with Open 259 and the night in the subject saying something like "kill Beefster".

Additionally, before the first day phase can start, between the three of you, you must decide which two power roles the town will receive. You will not get to choose who gets them.

Please confirm that you have received this message by replying in the quicktopic (janitorial closet). You will need to confirm again once I send out the other roles so that your identity will not be revealed.

The game thread is
here
. It will open after you choose the roles and after enough of them confirm their roles.

You win when the mafia equals or outnumbers the town.
Vanilla Townie wrote: Welcome to Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia,
<player name>
. You are a Vanilla Townie... well... a highly successful businessman. You earned your fortune "honestly" by investing in the stock market, selling useless crap over the Internet, and evading your taxes.

You have no special powers aside from your voice and vote.

Please confirm that you have received this by stating your role via PM.

The game thread is
here

You win by eliminating all the threats to the town.
Cop wrote: Welcome to Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia,
<player name>
. You are the Cop... but since cops aren't paid very well, I'll call you a lawyer... You have earned your fortune by means of lying, cheating, and mudslinging. Despite that, you abhor murderers and seek to put them in their rightful place. Not to mention that you would like to enjoy your vacation in peace... Without worrying about being killed.

Each night, you can stay up all night to do a "quick" background check on another guest. This will tell you if they are a member of the mafia or not. Send me a PM with Open 259 and the night number in the subject saying something like "investigate Beefster".

The game thread is
here

Doctor wrote: Welcome to Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia,
<player name>
. You are the Doctor. You have earned your fortune writing prescriptions and telling people that they are fat. As such, you are qualified to administer care to those who would otherwise die, regardless of their body mass index.

Each night, you can enter another guest's room and prevent them from dying. Send me a PM with Open 259 and the night number in the subject saying something like "save Beefster".

The game thread is
here

Roleblocker wrote: Welcome to Open 259: Professor Moneybags Cruise Line Mafia,
<player name>
. You are the Roleblocker... Uhhh... since it sounds kinda generic, you're a Carpenter... You're only on the million-dollar cruise because you recently won the free cruise sweepstakes mentioned on the back of a ramen packet. You are thankful to have free meals on the ship, though it is unfortunate that you still can only barely feed your family of four. At any rate, you have skills that prevent other guests from exiting their suites.

Each night, you can roleblock another player by boarding off another guest's suite door. Send me a PM with Open 259 and the night number in the subject saying something like "block Beefster". This will block roles for all players, not just mafia members.

The game thread is
here

Last edited by Beefster on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 29 times in total.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Beefster »

BEEFSTER'S HOUSE RULES

1. Votes must be
bolded
or in VOTE: tags, preferably on a new line. If I miss a vote, let me know in the thread so I can correct it. Do not bold the word "vote" unless you actually intend to vote.
2. Once a majority of votes is reached, that person is lynched. If a majority isn't reached by the deadline, a no lynch will occur.
3. Day 1 is about 3 weeks long. All following days are about 2 weeks long.
4. Nights are between 48 and 72 hours long. Any action not submitted within 72 hours will not happen. (For compulsive actions, a random target will be selected) If a night starts on a weekend, it will always end on a weekday.
5. Do not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows you to. (This is a site rule anyway, punishable by modkill)
6. When you die, you can make one "BAH!" post, which must not contain any game-specific information. After that, you must be silent as the grave. (pun intended)
7. Do not edit posts.
8. Do not quote communication from the mod. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
9. If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let me know or request replacement. I will respect short V/LA and not prod you during that time.
10. If you don't post for 72 hours, you will be prodded and must post within 48 hours or be replaced.
If you are prodded 3 times, you will be force-replaced.

11. If you are to be replaced, you have a grace period up to when your replacement volunteers. The replacements will be treated like a queue, according to time of last post or time of replacement request.
12. I will only modkill if the integrity of the game is damaged. If you get modkilled, there is a good chance you will be blacklisted.
13. If you need to get my attention, write something like "
MOD: you missed a vote.
" It mainly just needs to stick out.
Orange
is my color. Don't impersonate me.
15. Night actions are determined using Natural Action Resolution. (Block, Protect, Kill, Inspect in this case)
16. I reserve the right to modify these rules as necessary. I will give you fair warning when this happens.
17. I just lost The Game.
Last edited by Beefster on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Beefster »

All the role PMs have been sent. I will open the topic when 10 players have confirmed.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Beefster »

I know I said 10 confirmations, but 9 is close enough and I'll probably get the 10th in tomorrow or while I'm sleeping. I always hated waiting for games to start anyway. :P I'll tack on an extra day to the deadline to compensate. I'll mass PM notices when it's "official."

I'm pretty relaxed. As long as you don't swear excessively, I really don't care what you post. But intelligibility and good spelling is nice too.

Go play, have fun...
Day 1 will end Tuesday, November 9 at about 2:45 PM (Mountain Standard Time).
Get to know a meat boy
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

vote: Muffin

because you sound delicious
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by schrauben8542 »

BlakAdder wrote:
vote: Muffin

because you sound delicious
Vote BlakAdder

Because there is much more that goes into whether a muffin is delicious. What is it about this muffin that makes it sound delicious to you? Questions I would be asking:

Is the muffin moist?
Is the muffin soft?
What flavor is the muffin?
Does the muffin have nuts?

Hello btw everyone. :)
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

vote don

ALWAYS SCUM!
#freeShotty
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Muffin »

vote drmyshottyizsik
cause he just got lynched in a game I'm modding.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i wish. :shifty:

vote: blakadder

i agree with schraub, but will go even further and state that muffins are only as good as their tops.
as we haven't seen this muffin yet, and there is no description of type or flavor(i.e. we could be dealing with a cayenne pepper and cardamom muffin), i would say that blak is really stretching the confines of social mores and trying way too hard to blend in with his seemingly pleasant comment.

ninja'd by the muffin. point still stands.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

in fact, now that i have seen the muffin, i am actually losing my appetite(no offense, just can't eat something with a face still on it.)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by schrauben8542 »

don_johnson wrote:in fact, now that i have seen the muffin, i am actually losing my appetite(no offense, just can't eat something with a face still on it.)
Are you sure the muffin didn't have nuts that's the critical question?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Vote: drmyshottyizsik

Policy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

VOTE: Sudo_Nym

I always do what random.org tells me to.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:03 am

Post by Haylen »

Vote: Haylen

Sudo, that's my thing! >=(
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:40 am

Post by BlakAdder »

@Schrauben: Simple. I've never eaten a bad muffin before, therefore I have no reason to assume that this one is bad.
Game Record (W-L-T)
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 am

Post by schrauben8542 »

BlakAdder wrote:@Schrauben: Simple. I've never eaten a bad muffin before, therefore I have no reason to assume that this one is bad.
You can never be too careful though.
Alnara
Alnara
Goon
Alnara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Alnara »

vote: admax88

Good morning everyone, time to post.
This is a hydra. It used to belong to SFG and Vi, but now it belongs to SFG and Phate.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:10 am

Post by BlakAdder »

schrauben8542 wrote:
BlakAdder wrote:@Schrauben: Simple. I've never eaten a bad muffin before, therefore I have no reason to assume that this one is bad.
You can never be too careful though.
Which is why I'm voting for him.
Game Record (W-L-T)
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 am

Post by schrauben8542 »

Vote CommieX
for not confirming yet!
Alnara
Alnara
Goon
Alnara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Alnara »

schrauben8542 wrote:
Vote CommieX
for not confirming yet!
That's one hell of a cheap-shot vote, voting someone for not being here to defend themself yet.
This is a hydra. It used to belong to SFG and Vi, but now it belongs to SFG and Phate.
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 am

Post by schrauben8542 »

Alnara wrote:
schrauben8542 wrote:
Vote CommieX
for not confirming yet!
That's one hell of a cheap-shot vote, voting someone for not being here to defend themself yet.
lol, this coming from someone voting for someone that has yet to post.
Alnara
Alnara
Goon
Alnara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Alnara »

schrauben8542 wrote:lol, this coming from someone voting for someone that has yet to post.
If they confirmed, they're here and just lurking. Lurking = scummy. If they aren't even here, they're clearly flaking. Flaking = null. Get your definitions straight.
schrauben8542
schrauben8542
Goon
schrauben8542
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 am

Post by schrauben8542 »

Alnara wrote:
schrauben8542 wrote:lol, this coming from someone voting for someone that has yet to post.
If they confirmed, they're here and just lurking. Lurking = scummy. If they aren't even here, they're clearly flaking. Flaking = null. Get your definitions straight.
I got my definitions straight, you better check out the definition for lurking, no one has even had a chance to lurk. And for you to say that I was "taking one hell of a cheap shot" on a vote during the opening page is very naive. Wise up, all votes right now are "cheap shots" as you term it and we haven't even really begun the RVS/RQS.

Besides that CommieX and werewolf555 don't have to confirm to Beefster to be lurking here either.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

schrauben8542 wrote:
Alnara wrote:
I got my definitions straight, you better check out the definition for lurking, no one has even had a chance to lurk. And for you to say that I was "taking one hell of a cheap shot" on a vote during the opening page is very naive. Wise up, all votes right now are "cheap shots" as you term it and we haven't even really begun the RVS/RQS.

Besides that CommieX and werewolf555 don't have to confirm to Beefster to be lurking here either.
This. There's no point getting on anyone's case for lurking yet, since the game just started. Give it 48 hours before you start the lynch-all-lurkers chants, at least.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Alnara
Alnara
Goon
Alnara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Alnara »

Am I really the only person who thinks its a cheap shot to vote someone who hasn't even confirmed yet, but not a cheap shot to vote someone who confirmed and failed to post?

Return to “Completed Open Games”