Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Mini 1090: Of Rogues and Curses ~ Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

Of Rogues and Curses

A gypsy-themed mafia game.

For generations, the ethnic clans of Slovakia have quietly competed for rugged tracts of land and scarce resources. Though there has never been a war between gypsies, the constant intrigue between the Ungrika and Servika peoples has forced many clans to return to the old ways, wandering the world in search of their fortunes. This is how you came to be in America…

The Clans

• Still Wandering

• Zorblag
  • tanstalas
  • Uite
  • The Fallen

• Exe's role was drawn and quartered in Virginia.
    She was a Servika Temptress (unique).

• VP Baltar's role was cut in half en route to Arkansas.
    He was an Ungrika Minstrel (VT).

• Mariyta’s role was torn apart by a werewolf in Arkansas.
    She was an Ungrika Juggler (VT)

• Xvart’s role was shot during a drunken brawl in Arkansas.
    He was a Servika Magician (goon)

• Seraphim's
    gandalf5166's
    role was beheaded in New Mexico.
    He was an Ungrika Beggar (VT).

• Vi’s role died of the flu en route to Arizona.
    She was an Ungrika Fortune Teller (Unique)

• Mothrax's role was killed by gypsy magic in Arizona.
    His role and alignment have been obfuscated.

• InHimshallibe's role was torn to pieces in Arizona.
    She was the Ungrika Crone (Day JoaT)

• Nocase’s role died of the flu en route to California.
    He was an Ungrika Pickpocket (Thief).
The Consensus

• Vote Count

:igmeou:

Not voting: Zorblag, tanstalas, Uite
  • Notes

• With three alive, it takes two to lynch.
  • The deadline is Tuesday, February 15, 19:30 PST (GMT-8).
  • Overall prods: Zorblag (2), Mothrax (1).
Ungrika Clan Journal

Last edited by Ythill on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 74 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Ythill »

Gypsy Law

1. General Rules

2. The following rules are not open to negotiation. They will be enforced with edits, replacement, modkill, or rampant belittling in front of your friends as deemed appropriate by the mod. All moderator rulings are final. Whining will get you nowhere.
  3. These rules will be used for all games that I moderate. If you believe that the rules have given you a clue about the set-up, you are on drugs.
  4. This game is meant to be fun for all involved. Don’t be an asshole. That said, this is also a game about arguing. So don’t be overly sensitive. I will not intervene in disagreements unless I am asked to.
  5. Don’t second guess the mod. If I have not explicitly stated that something is true, then it is not guaranteed.
  6. I am not perfect. If I have made a mistake, let me know. Pointing out a vote count error or something of the sort is not considered whining (see above).
  7. Do not talk about this game outside of the thread unless a PM from me says otherwise (and then only during the migration phase). If another player contacts you about this game outside the thread, you must report them to me immediately by PM or you are guilty of breaking this rule.
  8. If your QT or role PM contradicts any of these rules, the external communication takes precedence. Rules delivered privately are as non-negotiable as those given here.
  9. All player actions will be adjudicated according to the NAR where appropriate.
  10. This is a
    theme
    game. Flavor has been included in role PMs. At a player’s request, I will provide original PM flavor for any role he wishes to claim. Vanilla Townie PMs might not be identical.
  1. Role Death and Win Conditions

2. Once you’re dead, stop posting. Please refrain from making “bah” posts although players killed by lynch may post until I end the phase.
  3. No player may replace back into the game after dying.
  4. The mafia faction(s) will win the game when they start the encampment phase comprising a majority of the living players or nothing can prevent the same.
  5. The town will win the game when all threats have been eliminated.
  6. No member of the town needs to be alive to win. If any combination of opposing mafias and vigilantes cross-kill in a way that ends the game with no living players, the town wins.
  7. If a Serial Killer submits a kill in an endgame during which cross-kills eliminate all players, he survives and wins the game.
  8. There are no ties. If a two-man endgame results in a tie due to the logical interaction of power roles, the winner is determined as follows: if one is a killer and one is self-protecting or immune to the kill, the killer wins; if one is a killer and the other is a blocker, the blocker wins; if both are blockers but one has the option of killing, the killer wins; if both are blockers with the option of killing, both die and the town wins.
  9. Third-party win conditions may alter the above rules (ex: Lovers). If a third-party win or loss occurs before the natural endgame (ex: Lyncher) the player(s) will be removed from the game and play will continue until a faction winner is determined.
  1. Timeline and Deadlines

2. Encampment refers to the period when the thread is unlocked. Each encampment phase will continue until a lynch or deadline flavor scene ends it. All living players may post in the thread during this phase.
  3. Migration refers to any time when the thread is locked. Players authorized to communicate with one another outside the thread may only do so during migration.
  4. The first encampment phase will have an automatic deadline of three weeks. Subsequent encampments will each have an automatic deadline of two weeks. If a majority does not decide on a lynch by the deadline, no lynch will occur.
  5. Each migration will have a deadline of 72 hours. If a choice is not sent in by the deadline, the related action will not occur.
  6. Deadlines are not negotiable.
  1. Activity Levels, Prods, and Replacements

2. You signed up to play this game. Your presence is a requirement. Lurking is not a viable strategy.
  3. Every player is
    expected
    to post daily. Every player is
    required
    to post at least once every 72 hours, except in a case where notice is given (see below).
  4. If you foresee that you will be absent from the game for a period of more than 72 hours, please post a note saying as much in the thread. To be considered valid, this note must include your expected date of return. If the term of your absence is unreasonable, you will be replaced immediately.
  5. Players who fail to post in a 72 hour period without giving notice will qualify for a prod. Prods will be sent at the request of any other player and
    may
    be sent independently by the mod.
  6. Any player who fails to pick up a prod and/or post in the game within an additional 24 hours will be replaced immediately. Any player who requires more than one prod during any encampment phase will be replaced when he qualifies for the second prod. Any player who requires more than two prods overall will be replaced when he qualifies for the third.
  7. Players replaced due to inactivity will be blacklisted from my games in the future (case-by-case exceptions may be granted in extreme circumstances).
  1. Voting and Lynches

2. Unless a PM states otherwise, any player may vote during the day phase. The purpose of the vote is to determine who is to be lynched. You may vote for any player, including yourself. You may also vote for “no lynch.”
  3. To be counted, votes must be posted in bold or vote tags and conform to the following format:
    vote: player’s name
    (punctuation/spacing optional). Votes placed inside block quotes will not be counted.
  4. Unless a PM states otherwise, each player may vote for only one player (or no lynch) at a time.
  5. Unless a PM states otherwise, you may unvote at any time. To do so, post:
    unvote
    . It is not required that you unvote before changing your vote to another player but it is appreciated.
  6. Votes with misspelled or abbreviated names will be counted, so long as I can determine (without a doubt) whom the vote refers to.
  7. If, at any time, the vote results in a majority, a lynch will occur. After majority has been reached, no votes will be counted and no amount of unvoting will prevent the lynch but the encampment phase will continue until I declare its end. Unless a PM says otherwise, “majority” means
    more than one half of the living players
    . For example, seven living players requires a majority of four to lynch. Six living players also requires a majority of four.
  8. If an encampment phase ends because of a deadline, there will be no lynch. Votes made after the deadline has passed will not be counted.
  9. Votes will be counted routinely and as requested. Vote counts will also include information on the deadline and how many votes are required to lynch.
  10. Everyone will be treated as if he unvoted at the beginning of each encampment phase and upon replacement.
  1. Post Guidelines

2. Post in English. Posting in code is not allowed.
  3. You may use special formatting as you see fit, except that invisible text is not allowed. Also, don’t use special formatting in a way that impersonates the mod.
  4. If you are posting a prod request or other note addressed to me, please do so in bold. This is more of a guideline than a rule. If you ignore it and I miss your note, it’s your fault.
  5. Do not quote (or pretend to quote) moderator PMs in any format, though you may paraphrase them. Do not discuss the exact wording or time stamps of PMs.
  6. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread.
Last edited by Ythill on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Ythill »

Virginia ~ September, 1929.

“Careful with that,” the wooly old dwarf grumbles at the youths who are maneuvering one of his precious but unwieldy gaslights onto its tripod. Around them, the encampment is a bustling, larval thing, a butterfly stretching its wings.

The first trucks arrived this morning, bearing many able hands, rumbling to a stop along the coal road in what was then a modest, wooded hollow. The pits were opened and lined, lode-pole gathered for the rails, hardwoods for the fires. By the time the vardos started pulling in, corrals stood ready by the creek to hold their teams, the first tarps were going up, and there was a kettle on. That was several hours ago.

Each as painstakingly carved and garishly painted as the next, the vardos were parked meticulously side-by-side so that they formed a rough semi-circle around the largest hearth. Then they were linked by lines and tarps and tapestries that created extra rooms out of thin air, turning the valley into a writhing, organic mansion as pied as it is uneven. The stage carts, easily the oldest of the wagons, were drawn together near the center and then unfolded and linked elaborately to one another by native scaffolding and ancient velvet to form a grand platform.

Stagehands are testing the curtain and adjusting the footlights. The clank of cast iron and the aromatic gurgle of Roma stew are rising from behind the silk veils. You hear a woodsman’s axe and the chatter of elders; somewhere, just out of sight, somebody is tuning a lute. The sun is setting over the foothills, casting long shadows in the little valley. Soon, the townies will begin to arrive and the revelry will begin.

Satisfied with the progress you are seeing, you join the ever growing crowd following their noses to the kitchen fire. Threading quickly through the fabric labyrinth, you accept your share from the pot and then try to find a comfortable seat on one of the log benches. The throng is tightly packed and buzzing with conversation. You scan the faces around you, looking for a cough or shiver that might betray the deadly flu, but the group seems healthy and vibrant.

Old Man Mrenica is one of the exceptions. He’s not sick, but he is
very
old, a withered wisp of wrinkles, almost a ghost. He sits huddled within his shawls, staring intently into his teacup, swishing its dregs and whispering prophetically. You watch the Kris for a moment, wondering about mortality and his apparent lack of it, but your lingering gaze has moved on by the time he sits bolt upright and gasps so deeply that it rattles his bones.

“By Kali,” he exclaims. “An ill portent.” A mixture of concerned banter and insistent shushes spreads outward through the crowd. He waits patiently until all lips are silent and all spoons still.

“I have seen the owl,” he brays. “Our foes, the Servika, are among us and, even now, plot our demise.”

An ill portent, indeed.

The first encampment phase begins! With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Last edited by Ythill on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

VOTE: gandalf because it's always fun to vote gandalf.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'm a daycop. Zorblag is scum.
VOTE: Zorblag
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 am

Post by nocase »

vote: zorblag.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Mariyta »

nocase wrote:
Seriously?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Mariyta wrote:
nocase wrote:
Seriously?
The real question is why YOU aren't voting Zorblag yet. Are you deciding whether bussing D1 is acceptable in your QT?
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:54 am

Post by nocase »

Mariyta wrote:
nocase wrote:
Seriously?
elaborate for pizza.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Zorblag »

Good day everyone. Just in case anyone isn't familiar with me I'll say that I go by Troll as often as Zorblag so that'll be who everyone's talking about when they use the term. Beyond that most everyone here has seen my introductions often enough so I'll largely skip them this game.

VOTE: Exe for being the first player alphabetically by user name not to have posted in the thread since the game started.

@gandalf5166, that's a cute way to go about a random vote I suppose. Have you got any precedent of doing it elsewhere or are you trying it for the first time?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Exe »

Vote:Gandalf
because everyone knows Day Cop is a scum role.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 am

Post by mothrax »

Vote: Exe
for being the first alphabetically not to have posted.

Gand are you serious?

Pedit, I forgot, troll, from whom I stole my random vote policy from is in this game.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

gandalf5166 wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
nocase wrote:
Seriously?
The real question is why YOU aren't voting Zorblag yet. Are you deciding whether bussing D1 is acceptable in your QT?
I suppose you're an unlynchable, un-NKable mason as well, right?

@zorblag: Go read LotR. Just finished not too long ago. He claimed right off the bat, set the who town into a tizzy, then eventually got himself vigged. He's really quite fun to play with. :)
-Susan Ertz

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Zorblag »

UNVOTE: Exe
VOTE: inHimshallibe for being the first player alphabetically by user name not to have posted in the thread since the game started.

@mothrax, I think you're the first person that I've ever seen pick that up. You're doing it wrong though. Exe has posted.

@Mariyta, I'll probably take a look at the game. Like I said it's a cute way to go about getting some reads out of a random vote. It should be most effective the very first time it's used though. It'd also be a bit more of a town tell if he was doing it for the first time I think because I sort of expect that it'd raise his chances of getting lynched early in the game slightly due to attention which I don't think scum would want. Once he's got a record of having done something like that it gets diminished though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am

Post by nocase »

nocase wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
nocase wrote:
Seriously?
elaborate for pizza.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Uite »

VOTE: Vi

For having both a shorter username and one further along alphabetically than mine.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 am

Post by mothrax »

@Zorblag, I have been doing it since NY116, seems as good a way as any to start. And when I first wrote that Exe hadn't posted but I was ninjad thrice.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Zorblag wrote:@gandalf5166, that's a cute way to go about a random vote I suppose. Have you got any precedent of doing it elsewhere or are you trying it for the first time?
-Zorblag R`Lyeh
It's not random, but I did do it in ongoing game just recently. EVERYONE, WAGON THE SCUM.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Mariyta »

nocase wrote:
nocase wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
nocase wrote:
Seriously?
elaborate for pizza.
See my response to Zorblag. I prefer Hawaiian w/ hot sauce, kthxbye.
-Susan Ertz

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote:Zorblag

I'm here and I'm town, therefore Troll is scum. Yes, I'm serious. And if you have any sense, we will lynch Troll now before he starts walling you with words and muddling your reads.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

VP Baltar wrote:
Vote:Zorblag

I'm here and I'm town, therefore Troll is scum. Yes, I'm serious. And if you have any sense, we will lynch Troll now before he starts walling you with words and muddling your reads.
AH, A FELLOW REASONING BEING!!!!
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:38 am

Post by nocase »

mariyta, why do you assume i am voting on account of the report?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 am

Post by mothrax »

A1) Gandalf is probably not a daycop.
B2) Meh, policy lynching Zorblag because he is hard to read is not on my priority list. I learned my lesson in LYLO of NY 116. If my gut says Zorb is scum, it is probably right, and at this point I don't have much gut to go on.
C3) VP Baltar is scum
Unvote; Vote: VP Baltar
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Mariyta »

@nocase: Because you voted 6 minutes after gandalf's "claim" and gave no indication to the contrary.
-Susan Ertz

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No. More likely, nocase is also a daycop, and figured he didn't have to out himself to get his investigation lynched, since I had already claimed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”