Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Execution Mafia GAMEOVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Execution Mafia

A long long time ago, near Boston Massachusetts lived a small Puritan Village. Now for those of you who do not know about the Puritans, they were very into lynching. Killings were a normal thing in this village. Some villagers, some witches. Then, however, a leader by the name of Andrew Smith decided to do something about it. He declared that the villagers should fight back! And so thus begins there story...

Back Up Mod:RedCoyote

Alive, For now (7/13):

Ant_to_the_max
Haschel Cedricson
Amrun
charter*
Exe
Setael
CooLDoG

twistedspoon

Hanged/Deceased (4/13):

Shattered Viewpoint (Executed by Amrun Day 1)-
Vanilla Townie

vezokpiraka (Killed Night 1)-
Cop

StrungOver* (Executed by Exe Day 2)-
Vanilla Townie

Final Fires (Killed Night 2)-
Nurse

Burned at the stake (Modkilled) (Better Stay Empty):

Umbrage (Modkilled Night 2)-
Vanilla Townie turned Neutral Survivor

Tragedy (Modkilled Day 3)-
Vanilla Townie turned Neutral Survivor

*=Prod
Day 1:
The Game Begins
Amrun is elected
Shattered Viewpoint is executed

Day 2:
Day 2 Begins
Exe is elected
StrungOver is executed

Day 3:
Day 3 Begins
Ant_to_the_max is elected

Endgame
Last edited by mallowgeno on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 22 times in total.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Teh Roolz

#1-I, mallowgeno, have the final say in any and all disputes.
#2-That being said, if I make a mistake, please point it out to me and I will fix it.
#3-I LOVE teh color
RED
! You are not allowed to use it! Ever! Using it can and will result in a modkill.
#4-If you want to address me, PM me or write a message in
Purple
so I can easily spot it.
#5-Anything I say to another player is not to be quoted. Quoting me is a Modkillable offense.
#6-Players may
NEVER
PM each other about game related content. This is to
ONLY
be done in your QT, if you have one, at the appropriate time. Failing to do so may result in a Modkill.
#7-Small
Like This
or invisible text is banned. You are not allowed to use coded messages either. Doing any of this can result in a Modkill.
#8-I will require players to post at least once every 48 hours. This is to keep the game moving. If you go more than 48 hours without posting I will prod you. If you don't post within 48 hours of the prod, you will be replaced. After the 3rd prod, if I have to prod you again I will just replace you instead.
-Edit:Prods don't count against you after executioner is chosen.
#9-V/LA's are to be posted in-thread in
Purple
#10-Weekends count as 24 hours
#11-Days will last 3.5 Weeks
#12-Nights will last 4 Days
#13-To vote, post
Vote: Player
. To unvote, post
Unvote
. I do not require unvotes, but they are appreciated :)
#14-1 majority=(X Players+1 (If odd number))/2. So if 13 players exist, a majority would be 7.
#15-Once a majority is reached, votes will not change. Players may continue to talk until the executioner has executed.
ONCE THEY POST THEIR EXECUTION, NO MORE TALKING IS ALLOWED

#16-If a majority isn't reached by the deadline, no execution will occur that day.
#17-Once you're dead, well, you're dead. No further speaking is allowed. No "Bah!" posts allowed.
#18-Remember, this is a game! Play to win and have fun!
#19-Modkilled players will become
Neutral Survivors
with a zero chance of winning.
#20-Don't be stupid. If something isn't stated in these rules and you know it would be against them, don't do it. I will Modkill you!
#21-These Rules are subject to change.
Last edited by mallowgeno on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:09 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Game Specific Rules

#1-Players are voting each day to elect an executioner. Once a majority is reached, the executioner may post
Execute: Player
. ONCE THIS HAPPENS, NO MORE TALKING IS ALLOWED, AT ALL. There is no twilight in this game. Also, you may not execute a player until I have confirmed that a player has reached a majority. Only then are they authorized to execute.
#2-Players are voting each night to elect a killer. Voting remains anonymous and the killer remains anonymous. Members of the mafia's party count for two instead of one. You have 48 hours to PM me your vote, otherwise it won't count. I will then PM the killer and they will have 48 hours to select a kill. Players may not vote for themselves.
#3-Roles will be revealed upon death :o

Good Luck! Sending out PMs. Once you have received your PM, return a PM to me summarizing your role and it's description.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Reserved
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 am

Post by mallowgeno »

All roles are out. Game will begin once 10/13 players have confirmed their role!
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Everyone has confirmed!

With 13 alive, it takes 7 Players to elect an executioner.

Deadline for Day 1 is
March 9th
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by StrungOver »

vote exe

obv scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Vote: StrungOut

for that avatar. Creepy. Seriously, dude, WTF?
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

*bang bang bang*
let's get this meeting in order people.

From experience I would say this is the best way to find witches
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... rzMhU_4m-g
with that said...who wants to sit on my scale first? :D
StrungOver wrote:
vote exe

obv scum
Ummm do you know how this game is working?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Unless I am mistaken, you guys vote for the player you want to GIVE killing power to >_>
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Unless I am mistaken, you guys vote for the player you want to GIVE killing power to >_>
You are correct. Players vote for who they want to kill a player
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by StrungOver »

unvote
vote strungover
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Sigh~
Hai Exe!

Vote: Exe
for Epic Randomness.

[Playing LoL has killed my fun.]
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Final Fires »

Hey guys!

First impressions of this format:

1. (This is obvious but...) It's very important we communicate and coordinate over who gets the night kill on the thread. If we all vote for whoever we want, odds are the mafia are going to get it. Plus it will give us more information to work with the next day

2. I would be willing to bet that there are four scum players, because that would give them a total of eight votes. That means it only takes one dead townie, or two depending on what happens in a tie, for them to be able to use their nightkill. I would be surprised if there were three scum players or less, because that means that they only have six votes. It would take three dead townies before they had access to the kill; which in a game this small seems like a long time. There could always be two teams or a SK, but that would also surprise me in this setup.
@mod - What happens in the event of a tie over who gets the nightkill?

3. Therefore, I think it would probably be in our best interest to give the execution to someone who would opt for a no lynch with it (or just not reach a majority). This way going into night we could have 9 town votes against 8 mafia votes. As long as we all coordinate on who we want to have the kill, and who we want that person to kill, it would be better than using our lynch to kill them. That way we guarantee that the mafia won't have access to a nightkill day one.

This is assuming that the game is 9 townies vs 4 mafia though, which is admittedly a stretch. We also don't know if there are any abilities that tamper with votes on nightkills, or anything like that, so this could be risky if we do it. However, unless we have a strong reason to suspect why someone might be scum, I think this would be our best option.

Opinions?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I like a couple of of you points and I have a couple comments on others. I'm at work now so I will properly address them when I get home.

/off topic
Do you mean LoL as in League of Legends? >_>
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Final Fires »

EBWODP: Oh whoops, I forgot to include that you can't vote for yourself to get the NK. That makes the above plan even more risky. If there are four mafia, then it would be 8 town votes against 8 mafia votes for the first kill. However I still think it's a good idea to not lynch the first time, because if we mislynch then it's 7 town votes against 8 mafia votes. Depends on how a tie is resolved whether we should actually do this or not.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Hai

I don't like agreeing to no-lynch. We're just guessing as to the number of scum. If it turns out there are five, we just wasted a lynch. It's a gamble, and I don't like it upon first impression. Also, FF's certainty as to the number of scum troubles me.

Maybe it is the best plan, maybe I'm just tired right now, but this is likely the very first thing the mod or whoever thought of when designing the setup. I doubt it'll work.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Exe »

Tragedy wrote:Sigh~
Hai Exe!

for Epic Randomness.

[Playing LoL has killed my fun.]
League of Legends? If so,
Vote: Tragedy
for being awesome.

Alright ladies n men, here is the plan.

We vote obviously on most townie, not most scummy.

Therefore I say everyone maintain a top scum or maybe top 3 scumlist and
regularly
repeat it so people know EXACTLY who you plan to execute.
Then, once we agree that a person has a good list of kills, we vote for that player. Basically, day work is easy. It's the night work that needs planning.

I completely disagree with the logic for 4 scum. I am expecting 3 scum, therefore 6 votes. They already have a HUGE advantage in that they know exactly who they are picking, so one of their members always has at least 6 votes.
So here's the town's way to circumvent this. And we HAVE TO DO THIS IN AGREEMENT.
SO HERE IS THE PLAN. I guarantee this is the best plan

We HAVE TO AGREE ON WHO TO GIVE THE NIGHTKILL TO. There IS NO ROOM FOR ARGUMENT ONCE NIGHT PHASE BEGINS.

So each day, BEFORE we choose the executioner, we HAVE to agree on a person to give the night kill to. That means whoever has the most people behind him MUST BE the person that all other townies vote.
So what does this mean? Any townie who chooses to go against the grain is fucking us in the ass and might as well join the scum. I dont CARE if you feel like the person being voted is mafia: putting your vote on someone else is NOT going to help.

The ONLY way to compete with scum is to agree on a player, for better or for worse. And if that means that we end up choosing a pro-town seeming scum: oh well, we came out even anyways. But if we are lucky enough to pick someone other than a scum, we should be able to guarantee that we control the kill.

NEXT: IF YOU DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT IN YOUR NIGHT KILL, JUST DON'T KILL.

Alright, there goes. Let's do this shit.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Exe »

Whoa wait.

@Final Fires: Your "no lynch" plan is BAD.

Here's why. Say we no lynch. The only advantage of that, is that town can be more likely to get the kill.

Then what would be the best option for that townie with the kill? NO KILL.

See the paradox?

Scrap your plan. Give the execution to a townish player and rely on their judgement. LEARN TO TRUST.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Exe »

Oh and slight
FoS: Umbrage
for the suggestion that there may be 5 scum. Slippery slope arguments are not a pro-town argument. There's playing it safe, and playing it like you're trying to seem cautious.

Oh and, very weak early execution choices:
1. Umbrage
2. FF

I'm going to update this list regularly.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by charter »

Few things.

First off, under no circumstances should we not use our kill every day. It makes zero sense to try and get a town majority for kills during the night when we can elect someone to kill during the day, and they have to kill who we tell them to, or they make it obvious they are a traitor to the town. Final Fires gets some scumpoints for proposing we no lynch.

Second, I like Exe.

Third, I'm pretty sure Axe is scum.

Last, I propose we vote for the most town player, and at the same time "vote" for who we want day/night killed, like
DayKill: Axe
. Essentially we still make a majority for who the person we elect kills. It's cool to be elected and have unlimited power, but frankly I don't want to leave it up to whoever we elect.

And my for reals vote,
Vote Exe
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Exe »

@Charter: The idea of voting for the kills & the executioner crossed my mind and was shot down. Here's why: You're first making the assumption that the group is smarter than the individual, which often seems to be false. Secondly, we should be voting for the executioner based on their expected kills anyways, so I don't see much reason to re-emphasize who they should kill. See what I mean? I figure if we all agree on who makes the kill, we should also be inherently agreeing upon who they plan to kill.
Hence why I say we just list who we plan to kill.

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

unvote

Exe = Smart.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Final Fires »

@Umbrage - You're right, it would be a huge risk. However, it could have a big payoff too. Five scum seems a little unreasonable though. I would view the nightkill more as our lynch; we all agree beforehand who is getting the nightkill (like exe said) and then we agree who they will kill.

@Exe - Can you elaborate on why you're against no lynch, but support no nightkill? And I agree with you that it would be a paradox, but you're forgetting that it would give our PRs an opportunity to gather more information too. The longer we can draw out the kills, the more information our cop will be learning too.
charter wrote:First off, under no circumstances should we not use our kill every day. It makes zero sense to try and get a town majority for kills during the night when we can elect someone to kill during the day, and they have to kill who we tell them to, or they make it obvious they are a traitor to the town. Final Fires gets some scumpoints for proposing we no lynch.
We would still know who gets the nightkill. We would discuss it in the thread, and tell them who we want them to kill. It would be exactly like a regular lynch, it would just occur over the night phase.

If ties are resolved by something like the flip of a coin, then I agree the no lynch plan is a horrible idea that is just too risky. If we did do this, I'm only suggesting we do it on day one. I just thought I would throw this out there so that people could comment on it (when I wrote it I also forgot we couldn't vote for ourselves, so I thought townies had nine votes at night. If that were the situation, then this would be a much less risky plan.)
charter wrote:Third, I'm pretty sure Axe is scum.
Could you explain this?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Final Fires wrote: 1. (This is obvious but...) It's very important we communicate and coordinate over who gets the night kill on the thread. If we all vote for whoever we want, odds are the mafia are going to get it. Plus it will give us more information to work with the next day
Yes. Communication is going to be key for winning this thing. If we all vote for whoever we want during the night, we can also gain lots of information from that as well.
Final Fires wrote: 2. I would be willing to bet that there are four scum players, because that would give them a total of eight votes. That means it only takes one dead townie, or two depending on what happens in a tie, for them to be able to use their nightkill. I would be surprised if there were three scum players or less, because that means that they only have six votes. It would take three dead townies before they had access to the kill; which in a game this small seems like a long time. There could always be two teams or a SK, but that would also surprise me in this setup.
I think this should stay as a moot point right now. If we end up killing 3 witches and not win, the there are obviously more then and we sniff out the rest.
Final Fires wrote: 3. Therefore, I think it would probably be in our best interest to give the execution to someone who would opt for a no lynch with it (or just not reach a majority). This way going into night we could have 9 town votes against 8 mafia votes. As long as we all coordinate on who we want to have the kill, and who we want that person to kill, it would be better than using our lynch to kill them. That way we guarantee that the mafia won't have access to a nightkill day one.

This is assuming that the game is 9 townies vs 4 mafia though, which is admittedly a stretch. We also don't know if there are any abilities that tamper with votes on nightkills, or anything like that, so this could be risky if we do it. However, unless we have a strong reason to suspect why someone might be scum, I think this would be our best option.
Ehh...like you said, that is banking on the numbers thing here. I think we should only opt for a No Lynch at the times when we have to tread lightly. We can safely walk away from 2 lynches today. It is a risk I am willing to take here.

As for the stuff Exe said, he pretty much summed up most of what I wanted to say.

I also propose that we do not choose the same person for the day and night lynch. This way we do not choose a townish scum and give him control of the game.

As for my day vote, I am toying between giving it to Tragedy under the premise of "Girls first" and for being awesome or give it to Final Fires for a gut feeling.

As of right now, I think Exe would be a better night vote choice instead of day.

People I would be willing to lynch; StrungOver, Shattered Viewpoint
Reasons; Just working with what I have so far. *shrugs*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”